• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waku

I've just checked and Amazon payments option is there for me, along with Buy with Google, CC and Paypal.

Well thanks for checking but even with all my addons deactivated it still won't show up in the checkout, from Germany btw. if maybe that matters.

Weird. Oh well.

Episode 1 was in Indie Royale's Debut bundle, Weekly 2, and the 2013 Choices bundle, Bundle in a Box's Cerebral bundle, and Groupees' Capsule Computer bundle.

Episode 2 was in Indie Royale's Thoughtful bundle along with the Capsule Computer, Choices 2013, and Weekly 2 bundles previously mentioned.
Thanks.

Wow, I somehow don't own them alt all. I kind of hope that the mystery game is some combination of the entire rest of the game... otherwise it'd be weird to just own episode 3...

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Did you see, and perhaps reply to, my question about the serious sam hd: the 2nd encounter store page not showing any of the ES achievement stuff?

This game is particularly goofed up in the Steam database. The store page is for appid 41014.

41014 is actually just DLC for app 41010. 41010 ("Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter") is the app that contains the achievements. 41010 is in sub 0, meaning that everyone owns it. But it requires the DLC (41014) to actually activate it.

So technically speaking, this game (as defined by it's appid) doesn't have achievements, thus Enhanced Steam doesn't show them.

Hesemonni

Banned
Everyone probably has this already, but here goes:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream -- MB-20063F441A8BEEAA - Taken by Copons

Nabs

http://store.steampowered.com/app/232090/

header.jpg

Well thanks for checking but even with all my addons deactivated it still won't show up in the checkout, from Germany btw. if maybe that matters.

Weird. Oh well.

Have you tried by any chance different browsers?
Italy here, so this sounds weird to me.

By the way if everything else failed and you still want to purchase "Rogue legacy" using Amazon payments, you may try something like Tunnelbear, tricking the website into thinking that you're browsing from another country.

Dr Dogg

Here we go.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

The 11th Hour -- MB-ECD18D3F1FA550BC - Taken by Deques. 3 entrants total.
Shadow Man -- MB-AA4E9A8FBA36582F - Taken by Tizoc. 6 entrants total.
The 7th Guest -- MB-14DE374B311295A8 - Taken by Nzyme32. 2 entrants total.

t1399579324z1.png

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
A review dated late February all but categorically states the original games are included ("I was saddened that GTA 1 and 2 are not available to purchase through steam anymore but now I can relive all the old memories of my childhood once again thanks to GreenManGaming!"), so unless something changed within the past two-and-a-bit months they're still part of the pack.
Huh, that's interesting and good to know, I thought there was no way to get them on Steam now.

Huh. I don't have Union Buster or Everything is Permitted. Looks like it's time for me to get back into SR3.
They added a couple of rewards for SR3, btw:
  • Saints Row The Third - unlock Bo-Duke-En - £0.25
  • Saints Row The Third - unlock Haters Gonna Hate - £0.50
I have both of these already sadly :(

It's for real

ad_pussy_energy_drink.gif
hahahaha amazing!

Humble Night Dive Studios bundle
TIER 1: 1$
  • Wizardry 6: Bane of the Cosmic Forge
  • Wizardry 7: Cruaders of the Dark Savant
  • Shadow Man
TIER 2: 5$
  • I Have No Mouth, And I Must Scream
  • Harvester
  • The 7th Guest
TIER 3: 9$
  • Wizardry 8
  • System Shock 2
  • The 11th Hour

This is a pretty amazing bundle.
I don't have the Wizardry games or Harvester... tempting.

Waku

Have you tried by any chance different browsers?
Italy here, so this sounds weird to me.

By the way if everything else failed and you still want to purchase "Rogue legacy" using Amazon payments, you may try something like Tunnelbear, tricking the website into thinking that you're browsing from another country.

Seems that some parts of Europe have problems at the moment.

https://twitter.com/humblesupport/status/464444410072023041

Should have checked twitter first.

That bundle full of garbage put me over 500 games so yay I guess :/ SICKNESS I have been meaning to play Gray Matter for a while at least.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream is an excellent game that everyone should experience. Fitting I get to give it away after having won it in a previous give away from jshackles.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Shadow Man -- MB-F263D1DD74841504 - Taken by Knurek. 10 entrants total.
I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream -- MB-F41D4D00D51DCD89 - Taken by Purkake4. 13 entrants total.
Wizardry 6 Plus 7 -- MB-0E537A95F66E8644 - Taken by wazoo. 10 entrants total.
The 7th Guest -- MB-D9BBCE2511643954 - Taken by trailmix16. 4 entrants total.

t1399589994z1.png

snagging the bioshock infinite season pass for $5 during the winter sale was one of the best deals ive ever gotten. People have some pretty mixed opinions of Burial at Sea but I was quite entertained.

I'd love to know how huge a spike that thing got sales-wise from that 5$ pricing mistake. It probably wasn't up long enough to have a dramatic impact.

Tizoc

Thanks, Dr. Dogg, for saving me a dollar and for Shadow man!

...I need to make a giveaway soon, haven't done any in as many weeks >_>;

Dr Dogg

Thanks, Dr. Dogg, for saving me a dollar and for Shadow man!

...I need to make a giveaway soon, haven't done any in as many weeks >_>;

6 entrants, I give you a wink and a nudge before I posted it and you won? Has ModBot become sentient?

Javier23

Banned
RionaaM
Banned
(Today, 03:26 PM)
I just realised I sparked a debate which got someone banned. I do feel bad about it.

I'm guessing she had been anotated a few earlier infractions. Otherwise I think getting banhammered might have been a bit excessive.

Also, and while I know we were asked not to thank you on the thread, I'll take the opportunity to thank you a real lot, n8, for Mirror's Edge and Little Inferno!

I just realised I sparked a debate which got someone banned. I do feel bad about it.

I'm guessing she had been anotated a few earlier infractions. Otherwise I think getting banhammered might have been a bit excessive.

Also, and while I know we were asked not to thank you on the thread, I'll take the opportunity to thank you a real lot, n8, for Mirror's Edge and Little Inferno!

Don't. We are all responsible for what we post. I do cringe when anyone mentions Phil Fish though as it inevitably goes in that direction but there you are. It is a discussion forum after all. Hopefully Rio will be back before too long.

No huge sales on Titanfall saddens me.

It could be had for ~$35 for a while now. I bought my copy on the mexican Origin store for round that price and have seen it on sale around that price a few times, too. I don't think EA is in a rush to drop the price of that game so maybe you can get it for cheaper later in the year. Whatever you do, though, don't pay full price for it. There just isn't enough there to justify it.

Day -10000 can't wait, I skimmed through the articles but does anyone know what engine they are using, hope it's not UE3.

Also new UT, sweet.

Killing Floor used UE2 just like the first two Bioshocks. When Infinite came, they used UE3. What do you think they are using in KF2?

Read second page last paragraph: http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/05/08/k...or-with-the-most-advanced-gore-system-ever/2/

Even Tripwire's lighting system, which is they built themselves and integrated into Unreal Engine 3, will be easy to animate.

Sorry to disappoint you. UE4 is still in its early age, the only released UE4 game so far is Daylight and uses a dinosaur version of the engine and rusn like hell on heft PCs and does not support AMD cards at all.

rookiejet

Is voting on review quality too simplistic as it is right now? It's the same as Amazon's, but Steam's review audience seems not as concerned about review substance as they are about confirmation or entertainment factor.

Your experience may vary, but fairly often I had to scroll past the most high-ranked to find substantive reviews.

I'm thinking that adding an additional review rating, such that people are presented with the option to simply "like" a review and still rate its "helpfulness" separately, will skew the ranking more to my liking. This would require a sort by "most entertaining" option being added as well, and re-weighting the default "most helpful" sort to just rank via helpfulness. A ratings reset across the board would also be necessary.

Killing Floor used UE2 just like the first two Bioshocks. When Infinite came, they used UE3. What do you think they are using in KF2?

Read second page last paragraph: http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/05/08/k...or-with-the-most-advanced-gore-system-ever/2/

Sorry to disappoint you. UE4 is still in its early age, the only released UE4 game so far is Daylight and uses a dinosaur version of the engine and rusn like hell on heft PCs and does not support AMD cards at all.

O I knew it would be UE3 knowing their history, I just would have preferred something else, and not necessarily UE4. In any case, I'm probably the largest KF/Tripwire fan here so I will play it regardless. Thank you for cliff noting though :).

Dr Dogg

I really can't remember how many CD's Harvester was back in the day but it's taking way longer than I'd expect to download. Still I've got unfinished business with the cheesy FMV games of yester year. Also kind of reminds me of the awful restaurants we have here...

Thank you Dr Dogg for the 7th guest!

No worries.

I only just bought myself a copy of 7th Guest and 11th Hour last month but hey I know you guys appreciate them so enjoy.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca

It's a *he* :p

Also, just checked and I won Paranautical Activity! (lol given the current drama).
Thanks n8!! :D

Diedac

Good luck

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Vanguard Princess -- MB-50D67CF52E32158C - Taken by MarcoZombieCannon. 8 entrants total.
Shattered Haven -- MB-07C25A44524368C7 - Taken by Maddocks. 1 entrants total.

t1399592085z1.png

Are there many UE3 Linux games? I thought they were a rarity since it isn't particularly easy to move games over but UE4 makes that less troublesome

Yeah, it doesn't support it natively, and from what I read those that got ported don't perform that well. UT3 was supposed to come out on linux, icculus had a working version, but Epic cancelled it at the end.

Dr Dogg

Are there many UE3 Linux games? I thought they were a rarity since it isn't particularly easy to move games over but UE4 makes that less troublesome

I think there is more by virtue of it being a more popular middleware solution but I think they're ported right?. I know from my experience on Mac that UE2 support really didn't feel the best on Splinter Cell Conviction.

I think Wikipedia has a list with what platforms. Give us a sec.

Edit: Hahaha right, I can see a total of 3. Deadfall Adventures, Dungeon Defenders and Papo & Yo that are listed as UE3 and on Linux. I'm going to assume ported or wrappered judging by ashecitism's comment above. Might fire my Linux box up and have a look seeing as I own all of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom