• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont know about you but I am ok living in this steam bubble where Dragon Age 2 doesnt exist.

Been meaning to replay DA:O but I lost my boxed copy. Will buy the complete edition

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
This might be the time where I get Dragon Age: Origins on Steam, but having it already on Origin kinda stops me.

I hate that I have Crysis 2 vanilla and Dragon Age 2 on Origin but not Steam. It's like a cruel joke. When EA returns to Steam I fully intend to bug EA Support for Steam keys if the store pages aren't reinstated.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Are there any games like Rogue Legacy? I've been playing that on and off over the last month or two, and really enjoyed it.

There's nothing quite like it. I would say Rogue Legacy's main elements are: cartoon visuals, fantasy setting, randomly generated levels on a per-room basis, light permadeath with progression elements, action platformer. Here's a few I would recommend that I think have some overlap in appeal while being different.

Risk of Rain has a more subdued aesthetic, a sci-fi setting, randomly generated spawns and loot inside somewhat more structured levels, heavier permadeath with progression through adding items to the unlock roulette, action platformer (slower in speed and heavier in weight than Rogue Legacy).

Binding of Isaac has a gross bodily fluid flash animation aesthetic, a macabre gothic setting, randomly generated levels on a per-room basis, heavier permadeath with progression through adding items to the unlock roulette, top-down dungeon crawler in the vein of Zelda

FTL is a cartoony, sci-fi setting, randomly generated event, heavy permadeath with limited progression except class unlocks, space exploration / combat / text adventure combination.

Flotilla is a pastel, sci-fi setting, randomly generated event, heavy permadeath with no progression, short space exploration / combat / text adventure combination.

hohoXD123

?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fucking_Hell

P.S: They should of called a food "pussy",
I will let you guess why

Fucking hell, need to get me some of that Fucking Hell.

I assume this is a reference to "Booty Sweat" or is it for real? :O

It's for real

ad_pussy_energy_drink.gif

Deques

Just a heads up, the .50£ reward for Serious Sam : Revolution on Playfire is super easy. Just create a custom deathmatch with 1 friend and kill them 10 times in a row with the rocket launcher. Took my friend and I like 15 minutes to figure it out and get it for us both.

Anyone wanna do this with me? I can do it now

Darkroronoa

Daily Super Meat Boy 80% off
Weekend
  • Dragon Age Franchise 75% off (aka Origins, because 2 isn't on Steam)
  • Bioshock Infinite 67% off

Dragon age base and ultimate edition is at the same price, might be a mistake?

I bought DA base less than 2 months ago for 5e because ultimate was 7.5 :/ (and ofc i haven't played it yet)

Just bought DiveKick from Humble Bundle. I'm in for a treat, aren't i?

Definitely want to get Dragon Age: Origins but i want see what the new weekly sale on HB is going to be first.

AcridMeat

Banned
You really don't need a stick for MK inputs, and if anything its control scheme is a bit awkward on a standard stick layout. You'll be fine getting the hang of it on pad.
Yeah the control scheme isn't too bad and translates well on a controller, however I am super terrible at getting out back forward moves, or breakers.

AcridMeat

Banned
Anyone who does buy Divekick today and wants people to play against let me know. That community is pretty dead but I still like playing it quite a bit.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
2014-05-08_20-10-32_zps1c9fd1d2.png

Steam, You crack me up, little buddy.

To be fair, it does say "Dragon Age: Origins franchise". :p It's an improvement upon last time, if nothing else: the sale was advertised as Dragon Age franchise sale and somebody mistakenly used a Dragon Age 2 image.

There's nothing quite like it. I would say Rogue Legacy's main elements are: cartoon visuals, fantasy setting, randomly generated levels on a per-room basis, light permadeath with progression elements, action platformer. Here's a few I would recommend that I think have some overlap in appeal while being different.

Risk of Rain has a more subdued aesthetic, a sci-fi setting, randomly generated spawns and loot inside somewhat more structured levels, heavier permadeath with progression through adding items to the unlock roulette, action platformer (slower in speed and heavier in weight than Rogue Legacy).

Binding of Isaac has a gross bodily fluid flash animation aesthetic, a macabre gothic setting, randomly generated levels on a per-room basis, heavier permadeath with progression through adding items to the unlock roulette, top-down dungeon crawler in the vein of Zelda

FTL is a cartoony, sci-fi setting, randomly generated event, heavy permadeath with limited progression except class unlocks, space exploration / combat / text adventure combination.

Flotilla is a pastel, sci-fi setting, randomly generated event, heavy permadeath with no progression, short space exploration / combat / text adventure combination.

I'd throw Spelunky in there as well. Random 2d levels, permadeath, and cartoony aesthetics.

Rogue Legacy below $4...I really want it on the vita, though. Hmm.

Winter John

I've been on the fence about Isaac for a while now. I was going to buy it but then heard it was being ported to the PS4 so I might wait for that version.

I'll have a look at that thanks

Pleasure. Don't miss Stump & Freedom's fine suggestions too.

FTL has a special place in my heart and I considered mentioning it but am not sure if it's Rogue Legacy enough for you. It's definitely worth a look though as it's one of the finest games I've ever played and I don't say that lightly.

Dolor

On a side note, Origins (the game) must make them some good money for them to keep putting on sale all the time, yet I fully expect the new one will be some Origin exclusive bs.

Consider this: Space Marines, a relatively unknown indie game sold (on Steam) 500K copies. Titanfall, a AAA shooter marketed to hell and back and only available on PC or Xbox, sold no more than that on Origin (~1M total on all platforms with the XB1 being the focus).

Yes, they like the Steam sales because it is becoming demonstrably obvious that Origin is not as capable at selling games as Steam.

To be fair, it does say "Dragon Age: Origins franchise". :p It's an improvement upon last time, if nothing else: the sale was advertised as Dragon Age franchise sale and somebody mistakenly used a Dragon Age 2 image.

I think it's straight trolling from whoever is responsible for the sales banner.

Dr Dogg

I think what with the genre Rouge-Like getting incorrectly attributed to quite a few games late last year (we all know Papers, please is a good example) that Rouge Legacy gets compared to games it's not really like anything at all. Sure it has some elements from that genre but others from RPGs and others from path-finding style games (read that as Metroidvania) and a few other influences as well.

Tizoc

How long does it take to get the cheevos for Serious Sam Revolution, DD XXL, and First Encounter HD that Playfire's listed?

kudoboi

dragon age origins ultimate edition isn't even available in asia but the base game is. the DLC can be bought separately and that's when i saw this

isn't the digital deluxe exactly the same as the ultimate edition?
QDCMJJM.jpg

Lomax

Are there any games like Rogue Legacy? I've been playing that on and off over the last month or two, and really enjoyed it.

For me, Binding of Isaac was most similar. Nice sense of progression, 16-bit era style gameplay. I guess mechanically Spelunky is probably the most similar but it doesn't have the same sense of progression, you just have to feel good knowing you're getting mechanically better at the game.

random

I just got an email from Indiemeadow saying that Full Bore keys are now available for buyers of the Greenlight Bundle.

ModBot said:

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Full Bore -- MB-F49AA8A1EA0E086B - Taken by Kirosia. 16 entrants total.

t1399571403z1.png

Arthea

sales are killing me this spring, so irresistible, so many
too many?

in other news
I don't like top selling tab being default one now, it was nice to login and immediately see what's new on steam.

This happened today,
saG9p1V.png

I was going to do a giveaway but it'd be overshadowed by n8's so it can wait for a quieter time, hopefully I can pick up some fancier things to give away in the sales.

ONE OF US, ONE OF US....

I might hit 100 games by the end of the year.

I recently passed 1000 screenshots though :v

Boo this man. :p

No love for Blitzball? for shame.

No. Absolutely none. Like most aspects of Final Fantasy X, it's an absolute chore/letdown.

For me, Binding of Isaac was most similar. Nice sense of progression, 16-bit era style gameplay. I guess mechanically Spelunky is probably the most similar but it doesn't have the same sense of progression, you just have to feel good knowing you're getting mechanically better at the game.

There's progression in Isaac? I always thought it just restarted you from the beginning and such... maybe I missed something. :\

---

Hey Jshackles -- why doesn't the Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter page get the achievements and such pulled up -- I see the background stretched, but I can't view the achievements:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/41014/

Chrome, most likely ES 6.1.1.

in other news
I don't like top selling tab being default one now, it was nice to login and immediately see what's new on steam.

Just assume it's a "Simulator", a couple anime things, a game from 1995 and a 4x indie space sim. And maybe 20 DLCs for the train game.

Arthea

One of my favorite games from last year, absolute blast.

just bought it, for that price, I won't be even mad if steamgaf was overrating it for no reason all this time.

Just assume it's a "Simulator", a couple anime things, a game from 1995 and a 4x indie space sim. And maybe 20 DLCs for the train game.

even so, I still prefer seeing it for myself
and I have nothing against most of stuff you named (><)

you see, having top sales as default view does nothing for me as I don't care about sales, to put it bluntly. It was way better before, for me, that is.

Lomax

There's progression in Isaac? I always thought it just restarted you from the beginning and such... maybe I missed something. :\

There's a consistent series of unlocks that as you acquire them change the way you can play substantially, even once you start to "beat" the game. I like this a lot more than Spelunky because while the skills you are learning may be the most important part, at least each time I felt like I was accomplishing something even in my failure. I found this especially true pre-DLC. In fact for all new players I'd highly recommend disabling the DLC and playing for a while, it always felt better balanced to me without the DLC.

I'd throw Spelunky in there as well. Random 2d levels, permadeath, and cartoony aesthetics.

Rogue Legacy below $4...I really want it on the vita, though. Hmm.

Get it.

I had a whole post typed up about it and why I'd recommend it on PC, but I'm going to summarize here in a single sentence:

Get it on PC for $3.75 -- It'll be < 1/3 of what you'd pay on Vita whenever it releases (who knows?) and you'll have a better first experience. (If you really end up loving the game and want to play it on Vita, you can always double dip.)

Nabs

How long does it take to get the cheevos for Serious Sam Revolution, DD XXL, and First Encounter HD that Playfire's listed?

DD XXL takes a bit over an hour to get to the last achievement, but the first two are fast and simple to get. Untouchable Sam (beat a level without taking damage) can be done on the second stage on easy. You can get the Gnaar-body's Fool achievement at the start of Stage 3 thanks to unlimited enemy spam.

Honestly, DD XXL is pretty good for what it is. It's the only Serious Sam game I've had any fun with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom