• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
what secrets?

This is a spoiler, but here are the secrets I've found so far in DreadOut.

If you walk behind you at the start of the game, there's actually an extremely long road you can follow. It goes on for a while, and eventually you get an achievement and get to a never-ending pathway. Was much more clever and effective than an invisible wall.

At the start if you pester the girl who's supposed to be your best friend and take a picture of her, you get some fun little dialogue and an achievement.

I've found three solider medals hidden around town, but I'm not sure what they're for yet. They go to your 'story' item section, and there may be more medals, but not sure what they're for.

There is a hidden song that'll play if you go to the cafe area off the path and try to enter the building.

If you go backwards to the town after it becomes night, there are several ghosts that you won't encounter in the main game. Two notable ones is that if you try to head all the way back to your car... Well, it's a surprise, but there's a cool reference. And if you defeat a certain ghost, a ghost on a motorbike shows up, and if you snap a picture of him (he's hard to catch), you get an achievement.

In the school location, there is a Ring you pick up that 'has mystical powers'. I have not found what the Ring does yet.

In the school location, there is a doll you can pick up that has 'mystical powers'. I have not found out what the doll does yet, but it appears in the How To Play section of the game, and with an image of the doll, and next to the image it mentions there's hidden items that can reveal hidden things, like a hidden boss battle, which I have not found yet.

There is a cool reference to a folklore story in a room in the school off from the main path.

There's a door in the school that's just 'locked' as opposed to it not being able to open I haven't figured out how to open yet.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Would someone like to split Meridian's Contributor Pack with me? It comes with a spare gift copy of the standard edition, which I can offer for $7.

Also, 2700. Woo!

Knurek

Also, 2700. Woo!

Speaking of Ubisoft games, anyone knows why their legacy titles are GOG only?
I'm sure people would love to buy Steam versions M&M1-8, HoM&M1-4, early Settlers titles, Battle Isle and Panzer General games, Anvil of Dawn, etc.

Anything I'm missing here? I can't believe Ubi'd sign indefinite exclusivity deal with GOG for these titles...

Milamber

Against all objections, I started up AC4 today, what is this first person perspective crap? Also I'm getting weird pauses in the middle of anything I do. Hilarious bugs too, intro started with a pirate next to me doing a T pose 2 feet in the air.

After DreadOut was mistakenly released, the developers should have just left it up and have it as an early access game till they got the release version ready. I really want to play the full version.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Against all objections, I started up AC4 today, what is this first person perspective crap? Also I'm getting weird pauses in the middle of anything I do. Hilarious bugs too, intro started with a pirate next to me doing a T pose 2 feet in the air.

The first person perspective is only in the modern day sections, and a serious answer would be that it's supposed to make it so that the modern day character you play as could be anyone.

The real answer, though, is that it's obviously to get a better look at the tablet you carry around.

Sajjaja

GUYS PLEASE GET BLACKLIST OMG, SPIES VS MERCS IS AMAZING BUT ONLINE IS DEAD WE NEED TO REVIVE IT GAF PLS COME ON GET IT, FUCK UPLAY I KNOW BUT PLAY PLS

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
GUYS PLEASE GET BLACKLIST OMG, SPIES VS MERCS IS AMAZING BUT ONLINE IS DEAD WE NEED TO REVIVE IT GAF PLS COME ON GET IT, FUCK UPLAY I KNOW BUT PLAY PLS

I'll buy blacklist and only play the single player

Sup?

Clawww

dang I wish the Killer is Dead release weren't pushed back

although the wait is easily worth it if they are ironing things out

JaseC

Speaking of Ubisoft games, anyone knows why their legacy titles are GOG only?
I'm sure people would love to buy Steam versions M&M1-8, HoM&M1-4, early Settlers titles, Battle Isle and Panzer General games, Anvil of Dawn, etc.

Anything I'm missing here? I can't believe Ubi'd sign indefinite exclusivity deal with GOG for these titles...

I don't want to say "lazy devs", so I'll say "lazy pubs" instead. Rayman 2 will probably forever remain a pre-purchase incentive for Rayman Origins.

Sajjaja

BUT IT IS SO EXPENSIVE COMPARED TO OTHER GAMES THAT I COULD NOT PLAY!

WHY YOU GOTTA BE LIKE THAT, PRIIT? I ASSURE YOU THIS IS THE BEST MP EXPERIENCE YOU WILL HAVE IN EVER.
I'll buy blacklist and only play the single player

Sup?

Why you gotta be like that Rhaknar? I thought we were friends?

When it goes in sale on steam I'll buy it again.

Everyone be like, Atraveller.

JaseC

Only because the patching method is so asinine.

Baby steps!

1FsXPE1.png

Just finished my first runthrough of KOTOR 1. Christ, what an amazing finish. Downloaded a ton of mods and extra content and just went balls-out - 50 hours in 5 days. Good times. Haven't even done a Dark Side playthrough yet.

Now to move on to KOTOR 2.

Dr Dogg

What resolution you playing it in? ;)

I wouldn't say "AMAZING", it's alright but no where never as fun as Chaos Theory way back when. Did enjoy the Briggs missions with a mate as co-op Splinter Cell-ing is way more fun than it should be. I had a few connection issues in PC and Ubi seamed to has dropped support about 2 months after release. I might have a look in again next time there's a sale unless we build a sizeable crowd here.

I believe Blacklist also got this problem a few patches back.

Blacklist had it the moment the first patch launched for me then got worse with each one. The thing is no where did Uplay tell you it was being a doofus and just went on and downloaded the latest patch despite not being able to install it with out the ones before. Black Flag was smoother but still was about a couple of weeks behind Steam. Child of Light (touch wood) has been perfect but I'm not risking Watch_Dogs to the mercy of Uplay patching so went with Steam. I hope all those CD Key subs in the DB are just for show :(

Sajjaja

What resolution you playing it in? ;)

I wouldn't say "AMAZING", it's alright but no where never as fun as Chaos Theory way back when. Did enjoy the Briggs missions with a mate as co-op Splinter Cell-ing is way more fun than it should be. I had a few connection issues in PC and Ubi seamed to has dropped support about 2 months after release. I might have a look in again next time there's a sale unless we build a sizeable crowd here.

1360x768 (my screens native res)
I got a new PC a while ago lol so high settings aww yiss

Spies vs Mercs is an amazing multiplayer experience in my opinion and it deserves wayy more attention. Not sure if it's the late hour or the actual size of the community that me and my friend played on but it took us quite a bit of time to find a match, and we got a few matches after but they subsequently rage quit despite being the same beginner level as us lol.

Arthea

Would someone like to split Meridian's Contributor Pack with me? It comes with a spare gift copy of the standard edition, which I can offer for $7.

Also, 2700. Woo!

I actually wanted Meridian, but I spent so much this month on games already, that I probably shouldn't even consider.
still considering, though (._.)

congratulations!

JaseC

I actually wanted Meridian, but I spent so much this month on games already, that I probably shouldn't even consider.
still considering, though (._.)

I ended up buying the CE anyway, but the offer still stands. The game is up on TF2 Outpost for 4 keys, though, so first come, first served.

Dr Dogg

If I buy Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition in steam can I register the key in Origin?
don't judge me

Oh yes! You can register the game via the CD. If you only want to use Origin just add your CD and download it from there. If you have it installed via Steam then Origin directs it in the registry and adds it to the installed games selection but still needs Steam open to boot.

I think the only EA that you can't get on Origin if you buy it on Steam is Mirrors Edge.

1360x768 (my screens native res)
I got a new PC a while ago lol so high settings aww yiss

Spies vs Mercs is an amazing multiplayer experience in my opinion and it deserves wayy more attention. Not sure if it's the late hour or the actual size of the community that me and my friend played on but it took us quite a bit of time to find a match, and we got a few matches after but they subsequently rage quit despite being the same beginner level as us lol.

I never found it too thriving but after a month or two it was a bit of a pain to find a match. Don't know what Uplay's matchmaking is like as my internet connection is tragic so it could be I get dropped by most hosts unless I'm in the lucky. Still if you got a sneaky buddy co-op is quite replayable. Still SvM Classic is only 2v2 so only needs to get a small, good regular crowd together to make it work (time zones and distance depending).

Oh yes! You can register the game via the CD. If you only want to use Origin just add your CD and download it from there. If you have it installed via Steam then Origin directs it in the registry and adds it to the installed games selection but still needs Steam open to boot.

I think the only EA that you can't get on Origin if you buy it on Steam is Mirrors Edge.

Cool thanks, will buy it when I get home. I beat the regular one on 360, loved it, and will like to see the DLC content.

JaseC

let's do some haggling for once!
$5?

The price is firm, sorry. I have to re-buy Watch Dogs' DDE so I'm trying to minimise the impact on my bank account as much as possible. $7 is just 20c shy of four second-hand TF2 keys, which is why I listed it at four keys on TF2O.

Corpekata

Banned
Has there been any word on Max: Curse of Brotherhood and the shifting release date? Think it was scheduled for a couple weeks ago and it keeps falling back in the release list. Not that I'm dying to play it, more just curious.

JaseC

Has there been any word on Max: Curse of Brotherhood and the shifting release date? Think it was scheduled for a couple weeks ago and it keeps falling back in the release list. Not that I'm dying to play it, more just curious.

Microsoft's stayed mum on that.

Arthea

The price is firm, sorry. I have to re-buy Watch Dogs' DDE so I'm trying to minimise the impact on my bank account as much as possible. $7 is just 20c shy of four second-hand TF2 keys, which is why I listed it at four keys on TF2O.

aww
OK, let's just hope I have that much left. (><)
my dead from starvation body will be found later this month.
you will PM me what I need to know, I hope. Paypal as always?

Dr Dogg

Cool thanks, will buy it when I get home. I beat the regular one on 360, loved it, and will like to see the DLC content.

The tactical view (or zoomed right out if you will) really changes the dynamic of the game from the 360. Feels much more like a classic cRPG and having way more intuitive controls with keyboard and mouse input is ideal. Difficulty is altered on PC to take in to account for these though.

Also there's a link on BioWare's site to get all the promo and preorder DLC. Give us a sec I'll dig it out.

Edit: Here you go http://social.bioware.com/da2/dlc_bundle/ you'll need to log in with your Origin account obviously but they should be added to your account and then you can find them in the DLC tab in game. There's like about 20 or so extra items but are only teeny tiny downloads.

JaseC

aww
OK, let's just hope I have that much left. (><)
my dead from starvation body will be found later this month.
you will PM me what I need to know, I hope. Paypal as always?

Yeah, I'll PM you in a moment.

Welp, that's the Dark Forces/Jedi Knight series done. Despite playing so much Star Wars in the last two weeks I'm not burned out by it. If anything Jedi Academy made me want to play Knights of the Old Republic again and do a proper Dark Side run.

Arthea

I just noticed that paypal changed their logo. IMHO old was better.

btw what was humble sale flash after I went finally to sleep. I mean after Rogue Legacy and SRIV?

The tactical view (or zoomed right out if you will) really changes the dynamic of the game from the 360. Feels much more like a classic cRPG and having way more intuitive controls with keyboard and mouse input is ideal. Difficulty is altered on PC to take in to account for these though.

Also there's a link on BioWare's site to get all the promo and preorder DLC. Give us a sec I'll dig it out.

Edit: Here you go http://social.bioware.com/da2/dlc_bundle/ you'll need to log in with your Origin account obviously but they should be added to your account and then you can find them in the DLC tab in game. There's like about 20 or so extra items but are only teeny tiny downloads.

Thanks a lot ! I didn't even think of playing it with mouse / keyboard, I was gonna use the 360 pad.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Probably mentioned already (haven't been in the thread lately) but Gnomoria is on sale for $3.99 at IndieGameStand. Redeemable on Steam.

A more approachable Dwarf Fortresss is a pretty good description for those that don't know what it is.

https://indiegamestand.com/store/114/gnomoria/

Gnomoria is really good, but $2 is a better sale price for the game (has hit that mark a few times).

Still worth owning of course. If you don't mind following a guide to learn how to play, there seems to be a lot in it (and it is still getting updated).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom