• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Copons

I kinda want to die right now, because while I'm still waiting for my credit card replacement thinking it's fine, I have less than 20€ cash but at least there's my girlfriend, she suddenly loses her wallet with cash and her credit card, so we're with 20€ in our pockets and we're starting to run out of food and gas and most importantly there's Humble Spring Sale going on FFS. :D

I'm making progress in Psychonauts currently at the boss fight in Lungfishopolis so far, and one thing I love in this game is how diverse the levels are.

Played Akinator to see if I could get JaseC as a result

This is what I got

3975810__788425636.jpg

Kirigaya Kazuto / Kirito
Sword Art Online

Was I close?

lol He wasn't able to guess the Pro from Garth Ennis

Ruruja

I kinda want to die right now, because while I'm still waiting for my credit card replacement thinking it's fine, I have less than 20€ cash but at least there's my girlfriend, she suddenly loses her wallet with cash and her credit card, so we're with 20€ in our pockets and we're starting to run out of food and gas and most importantly there's Humble Spring Sale going on FFS. :D

At least you're not overreacting.

What did you read?

Edit: Since I did not get a response in DS2 OT, I'm gonna ask it here. What's the best armor set to invest in(upgrade) in early to mid game?

Not sure what your build is, but the Dragelic (sp?) armor after the Pursuer fight is pretty boss for most of the game. It upgrades with Twinkling, so you'll eventually outgrow it.

Zafir

Oh that's nice. Got 7 achievements from bound by flame last night.

Still gutted Dark Souls 2 time frame wasn't long enough for me thanks to work/life. Missed out on money from Vendrick and beating the game. :(

Buy them games, who needs food? right? right?

derExperte

GUYS PLEASE GET BLACKLIST OMG, SPIES VS MERCS IS AMAZING BUT ONLINE IS DEAD WE NEED TO REVIVE IT GAF PLS COME ON GET IT, FUCK UPLAY I KNOW BUT PLAY PLS

I could as I own the game but first I need to play more Serious Sam, then Bound by Flame, then KR0 E3 and then all the other big games I started but didn't finished. What I'm saying is talk to me in 2017. And no, I don't know why I even bought Blacklist.

Anteater

most important thing is that you still have money for the spring sale

Not sure what your build is, but the Dragelic (sp?) armor after the Pursuer fight is pretty boss for most of the game. It upgrades with Twinkling, so you'll eventually outgrow it.
I have that set, and some people say it's pretty good, but other people said twinkling titanite are only available in late game, if you upgrade your regular armor with regular titanite enough, then it could easily beat the Drangleic set before you reach that part of the game.

I remember getting kinda bored of it on the DS but this looks good. I'll probably get it some time with card money if this doesn't release at $20. I'm looking at you, Squeenix Mobile.

Levyne

Banned
Don't care much for FF3 but it is a good thing to see.

I know a few people that would probably like it for birthday gifts and stuff :)

Tizoc

Every time someone posts about how they're OK with 30 FPS, then it's followed by some posters saying 60 FPS isn't all that, I want to punch them in the face.
Sorry just had to vent.

Have these people even SEEN what 60 FPS is like? Like really seen it? Because once you've seen what games running at 60 FPS are like, 30 FPS will not be easy to take in, fixed or otherwise.

Re: Final Fantasy 3
Well the towns and non character and enemy models look fine IMO. The models just look like smoothed up PSX/NDS era graphics. It's OK but I'm hoping fan mods can improve on them like with the FF7 fan mods.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
GUYS PLEASE GET BLACKLIST OMG, SPIES VS MERCS IS AMAZING BUT ONLINE IS DEAD WE NEED TO REVIVE IT GAF PLS COME ON GET IT, FUCK UPLAY I KNOW BUT PLAY PLS

Unless they fixed those spawns about 2-4 months from launch: No it really isn't. I don't mind the respawning spies/merces like some of the old-school fans, but when their spawn locations are obvious or "trappable" it's terrible.

textonly said:

Too bad FF3 is terrible.

Zarx

That feature list
New and improved 3D visuals and story sequences
Quicker browsing through the monster bestiary and other game record
New visual designs for the Job Mastery Cards
Upgraded graphics for PC
Includes Steam Trading Cards & Achievements
New feature of Steam Trading Cards

Steam Trading Cards, so new they had to mention it twice! Three times if you include the description

Battle UI looks pretty hideous, I wonder if it will be modable.

FloatOn

I will probably buy FF3 since I have never played it and the visual upgrade seems nice.

Perhaps the sales of FF3 will lead to the other DS remakes getting ported over. Any word on whether or not it has the square-enix drm thing?

Tizoc

is ff3 the one where you could switch jobs or the terra one or some other random japanese game

so confusing

It's not confusing, heck I could explain this to my friend who isn't an FF fan and he'd get it =V

This is the one with the job switching.
The one with Terra is Final Fantasy 6.
Back in the 90s the Japanese Final Fantasy 2, 3 and 5 never got released in the west, so Square decided to renumber the series for the west.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller

Tizoc

I really, really wish they'd update the game to allow for more than 3 enemies in battles.
NES original had up to 9, I believe, the downgrade was caused by DS not having enough horsepower to handle more, something of a non-issue on PCs. :(

Also, come on, Squeenix, no texture filtering? Why?

Thing is, as this is based on the PSP/NDS ver., the game's code and system is likely not designed for you to go in a battle against 9 enemies. I think fan mods might find a work around for it, where you defeat the first set of enemies on screen then more appear.
Furthermore, taking the game's system and how it was designed into consideration, wouldn't fighting 9 enemies (for example) make the battle needlessly longer?

That feature list

Steam Trading Cards, so new they had to mention it twice! Three times if you include the description

Battle UI looks pretty hideous, I wonder if it will be modable.

I like to believe that in this day and age, it is possible. Imagine if this game had Steamworks, but Japanese devs are strict stingy bastards @_@

Knurek

Would you want to be the person putting in extra work on FF3? I don't even want to play it.
But glad it is on steam for what it is.

It's still a better game than FF2 was.
Show me another 25 year old game (that's not called Dragon Quest) that is as much fun to play as FF3, I dare you.

zkylon

zkylewd
It's not confusing, heck I could explain this to my friend who isn't an FF fan and he'd get it =V

This is the one with the job switching.
The one with Terra is Final Fantasy 6.
Back in the 90s the Japanese Final Fantasy 2, 3 and 5 never got released in the west, so Square decided to renumber the series for the west.
i'm still confused

didn't really like this final fantasy tbh, story and characters were all pretty bad

Well that's strange, do you have to own the game and not just install the F2P version? (was it ever not free?)

i literally never heard about it before this playfire thing. just went to the store page and installed it

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Well that's strange, do you have to own the game and not just install the F2P version? (was it ever not free?)
Just to be clear, I don't get any achievements in Steam.

Nope. The only Steamworks feature that is dependent upon the app being a paid title is a full amount of card drops.

Tizoc

Where can I find the glasses in You have to win the game?
Also PF didn't register the 'first of many' cheevo :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom