• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

aku:jiki

Do I want Danmaku Unlimited 2 on sale at Humble despite winning Jamestown yesterday? I'm thinking no but also maybe yes.

It's still a better game than FF2 was.
Show me another 25 year old game (that's not called Dragon Quest) that is as much to play as FF3, I dare you.
As much what to play?

Arthea

I will probably buy FF3 since I have never played it and the visual upgrade seems nice.

Perhaps the sales of FF3 will lead to the other DS remakes getting ported over. Any word on whether or not it has the square-enix drm thing?

That's my reasoning too, regardless of me replaying it or not in the future, I'll buy it in hope for more FFs on steam. I even would take iOS ports, as I want to replay FF5, actually. Would be nice to do it on steam.
Hopefully it'll work.

Maybe it won't this time, SE should have heard by now that we aren't exactly happy about it.

Show me another 25 year old game (that's not called Dragon Quest) that is as much to play as FF3, I dare you.

That's not true at all. I know that now everybody and their grandma hates FF2, but it was amazing game when it was released, it really was, and beloved by many, don't believe when people say you otherwise.
People somehow now believe that you have to break this game to play it, that's not true too.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Final Fantasy III with full controller support, Steam cloud, Steam Trading Cards, and Steam achievements?

Where's the buy button, Square Enix? I'm throwing my money at the screen but nothing's happening.

Anteater

looks pretty cool, tho that skirt ass texture thingie really annoys me for some reason

dunno if i could stand a full game with that on my screen

thanks now i can't unsee the see through skirt and the ass

mvRdySq.jpg

Knurek

Final Fantasy III with full controller support and Steam achievements?

Where's the buy button, Square Enix? I'm throwing my money at the screen but nothing's happening.

I'd hold if I were you, UI from store page screenshots looks more like something designed for touch.

That's not true at all. I know that now everybody and their grandma hates FF2, but it was amazing game when it was released, it really was, and beloved by many, don't believe when people say you otherwise.
People somehow now believe that you have to break this game to play it, that's not true too.

Meh, it's just that it's the weakest of Kawazu games. I don't have a massive hate boner for the guy, but seriously, I'd even take Unlimited Saga over FF2 (Squeenix, please bring Romancing SaGa PS2 to Steam, please).

RPGs? Well Ultima 6 or less and Phantasy Star 2 come straight to mind. If you want to get outside of RPGs you are talking games like Super Mario World.

Also getting punched in the head by the little kid down the road after he stole your footy cards, was much more fun than FF3.

Arthea

How many of you replayed PS now? Just curious.
I played generations not long ago and that was great, but originals? I'm not so sure about that.

Meh, it's just that it's the weakest of Kawazu games. I don't have a massive hate boner for the guy, but seriously, I'd even take Unlimited Saga over FF2 (Squeenix, please bring Romancing SaGa PS2 to Steam, please).

you obviously have (><)

tjohn86

ModBot said:
Instructions for tjohn86:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

System Shock 2 -- MB-00EAFFB0CB59FA5A - Taken by _hekk05. 27 entrants total.

t1399654622z1.png

Enjoy!

Knurek

you obviously have (><)

Nah, Unlimited Saga wins by having Hamauzu music alone.
It's a great party game though, having few brains working on, trying to understand the game with some alcohol/drugs mixed in makes for some unique experiences

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I'd hold if I were you, UI from store page screenshots looks more like something designed for touch.

Would still buy if it's got controller support like they say.

Dr Dogg

Well not a big fan of III but hey the more the merrier even if I'm just hoarding them instead of playing.

I get the feeling Square will have released every FF on Steam by the time I get round to registering my XIV account and get cracking on that.

I have that set, and some people say it's pretty good, but other people said twinkling titanite are only available in late game, if you upgrade your regular armor with regular titanite enough, then it could easily beat the Drangleic set before you reach that part of the game.

It's true. Later in the game you'll have plenty of Tritanite to upgrade whatever you want. Drag armor took me through 2 out of the 4 souls, just switched over to the
Alonne Captain
armor. Saving up souls to buy the but hole head armor next.

Gonna crosspost my feelings about the end of FF3:

I'm never going to forgive that last dungeon. There's no cheesing it, it's 3 hours long and has NO FUCKING SAVE POINTS AT ALL. So when you have 5-6 straight boss fights in the end, well, I hope you did a ton of grinding because it's fucking the worst.

I really hope they allow the option to save anywhere on the PC version, or that someone comes out with a mod/trainer that permits it because that shit is so fucked.

FloatOn

That's my reasoning too, regardless of me replaying it or not in the future, I'll buy it in hope for more FFs on steam. I even would take iOS ports, as I want to replay FF5, actually. Would be nice to do it on steam.
Hopefully it'll work.

Maybe it won't this time, SE should have heard by now that we aren't exactly happy about it.

I'd buy FFtactics war of the lions iOS on steam so hard.

best final fantasy game hands down.

jshackles

Personally my "white whale" of bringing the Final Fantasy series to Steam is Final Fantasy Dimensions with controller support.

I've played about 10 hours of it on my tablet before giving up because of the horrible touch screen controls. Would buy again for $20. Make it happen Square!

FloatOn

Personally my "white whale" of bringing the Final Fantasy series to Steam is Final Fantasy Dimensions with controller support.

I've played about 10 hours of it on my tablet before giving up because of the horrible touch screen controls. Would buy again for $20. Make it happen Square!

I also kind of want to play final fantasy 4 after years or whatever it's called.

but I'm afraid it goes into fan fiction category like all the other final fantasy sequels.

havn't played the iOS one, but OG FF Tactics is pretty awesome. If anything, this gives me hope that the rest of the series can get ported over.

it's pretty much the psp one with the rad cut scenes and balthier added but without the horrible load times.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Yo imagine if they drop the whole Lightning trilogy on Steam on the same day. We wouldn't get an Enhanced Steam update for like a month lol.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell

I would pay full price day one no questions asked! It is the best FF imo :)

I will never forgive myself for selling my PS1 copy ten or so years ago...

jshackles

I also kind of want to play final fantasy 4 after years or whatever it's called.

but I'm afraid it goes into fan fiction category like all the other final fantasy sequels.

I played the After Years as part of the PSP Final Fantasy IV complete collection. It's pretty good about not being 100% fan service, though in a lot of ways it is. It's certainly not what I expected though.

Now they have a 3D remake of it I've been wanting to play. Maybe they'll bring it to Steam.

Yo imagine if they drop the whole Lightning trilogy on Steam on the same day. We wouldn't get an Enhanced Steam update for like a month lol.

lol perhaps not. Though I'd like to point out that I was still able to make regular updates earlier this year when I dumped 65 hours into a 100% playthrough of Final Fantasy VII.

Anyone gotten the achievements for You Have to Win the Game?
Both died once (more than once) and acquired the spider gloves, but didn't receive any of the achievements.

When did you get the achievements?

I got them last Wednesday, and the only reward that is listed on my account is "Play for the first time", the other two you are mentioning and I got as well aren't there.

This may be due to the fact that said achievements were included in the list only later on, maybe Thursday, so I don't think I'll bother to pull another ticket.

Knurek

Yes please, and add the voice acting from the iOS / Android version.

DS version had voice acting already (in story cutscenes).
Japanese version was amazing, American... well, not bad (still preferred the original though).

I'm sure as long as FFIII sells better on Steam than on Ouya (and why they hell wouldn't it?), we'll get rest of the AND ports. FFT day -infinity.

Dr Dogg

lol perhaps not. Though I'd like to point out that I was still able to make regular updates earlier this year when I dumped 65 hours into a 100% playthrough of Final Fantasy VII.

Well at least VII is somewhat coherent, where as XIII is a bit all over the shop. XIII-2 I had to stop due to not having a bloody clue what was going on. Lightning Returns is sitting on the shelf still sealed and I have no idea when/if I'll get round to that.

Tizoc

I think you just select them at the start, like the cat mode. Dunno if you have to beat it first, but I don't think you do.

I have a character named One Eyed Bart. Getting that helmet felt like destiny.

Wait wha how do I select it?

Just reached the 'Hardcore Prawn' area in 'You have to win the game' and that part and just get rekt. My brain is not in the mood to plan this shit, fucking indie hipster platformer...

Wait wha how do I select it?

Just reached the 'Hardcore Prawn' area in 'You have to win the game' and that part and just get rekt. My brain is not in the mood to plan this shit, fucking indie hipster platformer...

Before you even start the game. I could have sworn it was an option right next to the cat one.

Honestly, don't even bother with it before playing as the cat.

The prawn room with the 4 prawns right?
Just stick to the left side.

Grief.exe

how did you get that thing :I

i want it

Drops from the Gyrm warriors in Dorrs of Pharros. Easy to farm.

I've been PVPing with it in the bell bros and it is awesome. I thoroughly recommend the 2-hand R2, it's a double swing that either dead angles people or catches them by surprise completely.
Pretty solid for PVP as well 430 damage with A STR scaling at +10.

Easy to force that through drivers. Game will probably look very good with some downsampling, AF, and some SGSSAA.

Cheddahz

Banned
I'll actually give a shit about playing games on Steam again if Square ever ports the iOS version to Steam (which is like, the PSP version, but better)

Tizoc

Before you even start the game. I could have sworn it was an option right next to the cat one.

Honestly, don't even bother with it before playing as the cat.

The prawn room with the 4 prawns right?
Just stick to the left side.

So keep jumping in that direction?

Vyse24

I'm kinda surprised by the fact that III gets on Steam before the original and IV.

And if they continue adding FF titles, the next one I honestly want to see next is
Crisis Core

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom