• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

Serious Sam Revolution is telling me I'm playing the 'Early Access Beta' version. What's up with that? How do i got about getting the cheevos or are they multiplayer centric?

So keep jumping in that direction?

Yeah, don't bother switching sides. Focus on dodging the top right one on the first jumps, and the top left one when you finally make it up there.

Probably the second most annoying room after
that one infinite room with the bat/moving platform
. All my cat playthroughs end in that room...

Grief.exe

I wonder if Square is going to continue this path. Something like FF Tactics and FFVI already have mobile ports and are compatible with higher resolutions.

The quality of the FFVI mobile port notwithstanding.

As I always say, these old ports are really nice, but bringing FFXV/KH3 day one would be more healthy for the platform.

Zafir

I'll buy FFIII just to show my support for Square Enix psp/ios games coming to PC. Didn't care much for 3 at all but 4? Yes please.

Ruruja

I wonder if Square is going to continue this path. Something like FF Tactics and FFVI already have mobile ports and are compatible with higher resolutions.

The quality of the FFVI mobile port notwithstanding.

As I always say, these old ports are really nice, but bringing FFXV/KH3 day one would be more healthy for the platform.

It seems to be going that way, maybe too soon with FFXV/KH3, but I'm feeling really optimistic about the near future in regards to big Japanese game ports coming to Steam.

GaussTek

In case you missed it, Siliconera says Final Fantasy III will cost $15.99/€12.99/£10.99, which is somewhat expected as it's Square Enix ofc, and the mobile versions are $14.99.

EDIT. Sorry, mobile versions (iOS, Android and Windows Phone) are actually $15.99 too, so it will be priced the same, if that Siliconera info is right...

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Every time someone posts about how they're OK with 30 FPS, then it's followed by some posters saying 60 FPS isn't all that, I want to punch them in the face.
Sorry just had to vent.

Have these people even SEEN what 60 FPS is like? Like really seen it? Because once you've seen what games running at 60 FPS are like, 30 FPS will not be easy to take in, fixed or otherwise.

Not everyone is as fussy as you are I guess. Speaking for myself, I honestly don't care about framerate in games for the most part. As long as it's 30fps and steady I'm fine with it. I mean, for certain kinds of games, namely racers, fighting games, and shooters, yeah I'd prefer 60fps but if its a solid 30fps then really it's just fine to me. For some kinds of games, like 4X and turn based games, hell I really don't care what the framerate is. it's just not that big a deal to me as long as I'm having fun.

With FSX (Microsoft Flight Simulator X), if I'm getting 25fps then I'm happy as a clam in water. In large city areas I usually drop to the high teens. But then even very high end PC's choke on FSX at the highest settings...

The pause bug in Darksiders II is driving me nuts. Not to mention this side dungeon I'm stuck in and can't FT out for badly needed potions. I like this game, why does it have to be so mean to me?

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Spent some time with three of the Serious Sam games.

I can see why they are universally loved and praised above all other games.

Relax.MX

I hate all the playfire talk. Never worked for me.

And about the FF talk i finished last week FF7 was a fun ride after all this years, is not only nostalgia is actually a good game(at least better than 13).

Tizoc

Not everyone is as fussy as you are I guess. Speaking for myself, I honestly don't care about framerate in games for the most part. As long as it's 30fps and steady I'm fine with it. I mean, for certain kinds of games, namely racers, fighting games, and shooters, yeah I'd prefer 60fps but if its a solid 30fps then really it's just fine to me. For some kinds of games, like 4X and turn based games, hell I really don't care what the framerate is. it's just not that big a deal to me as long as I'm having fun.

With FSX (Microsoft Flight Simulator X), if I'm getting 25fps then I'm happy as a clam in water. In large city areas I usually drop to the high teens. But then even very high end PC's choke on FSX at the highest settings...

Well I hope I didn't offend you with my post ^^;
After seeing just how good 60 FPS look in motion, 30 FPS just doesn't cut it for me anymore, though this is more in regards to current and upcoming games. Now for handhelds I can overlook it due to their own hardware limitations not to mention that various games managed 60 or Locked 30 FPS just well.

In case you missed it, Siliconera says Final Fantasy III will cost $15.99/€12.99/£10.99, which is somewhat expected as it's Square Enix ofc, and the mobile versions are $14.99.

FF3 is $20 on US PSN, $16 doesn't sound too bad but I'll be getting it off GMG whenever its on sale :p

zkylon

zkylewd
Drops from the Gyrm warriors in Dorrs of Pharros. Easy to farm.

I've been PVPing with it in the bell bros and it is awesome. I thoroughly recommend the 2-hand R2, it's a double swing that either dead angles people or catches them by surprise completely.
Pretty solid for PVP as well 430 damage with A STR scaling at +10.
you joined the bellrbos?

you're dead to me grief

GaussTek

I'm not shocked but I'd assumed price parity due to $15 being relatively high.

Oh wait, the mobile versions ARE actually $16 too (or at least normally).

I got confused because the Google Play version is priced at $190 pesos in my country (Mexico) which equals ~$14.6 USD, but after a quick search, I found its normal price is ‎$15.99 (both Android, iOS versions). Dunno why its cheaper in my country lol.

So, yeah, it's actually priced the same as the mobile versions, at least (that assuming the Siliconera info is right).

Tizoc

Serious Sam: The Random Encounter seems to crash whenever I take damage, this happen to anyone else? How do I fix that?

derExperte

Serious Sam: The Random Encounter seems to crash whenever I take damage, this happen to anyone else? How do I fix that?

Windows 8? Then you're out of luck, it's maybe the only game you won't be able to get running on there as they used an old version of Game Maker or something which leads to a crash when playing too many sounds. Hotline Miami had the same issue but it was somehow fixed while the dev of Random Encounter never bothered.

Acccent

Every time someone posts about how they're OK with 30 FPS, then it's followed by some posters saying 60 FPS isn't all that, I want to punch them in the face.
Sorry just had to vent.

Have these people even SEEN what 60 FPS is like? Like really seen it? Because once you've seen what games running at 60 FPS are like, 30 FPS will not be easy to take in, fixed or otherwise.

Man, to each his own, no use in getting so worked up over it... I have seen what 60fps looks like and most of the time I don't give a damn about frame rate either, and in some occasions where I could compare I actually preferred 30fps over 60, so. It's just a matter of personal preference.
(Doesn't mean I don't understand people who ask for 60 – I get that it can be a big deal for some, even though I do think sometimes there's a fair bit of exaggeration and arguing for the sake of arguing, and that the crowd that's actually interested in these matters is a very niche one... but it's never a bad thing to ask for the best from devs)

Man, to each his own, no use in getting so worked up over it... I have seen what 60fps looks like and most of the time I don't give a damn about frame rate either, and in some occasions where I could compare I actually preferred 30fps over 60, so. It's just a matter of personal preference.
(Doesn't mean I don't understand people who ask for 60 – I get that it can be a big deal for some, even though I do think sometimes there's a fair bit of exaggeration and arguing for the sake of arguing, and that the crowd that's actually interested in these matters is a very niche one... but it's never a bad thing to ask for the best from devs)

There are just some situations where no sane person can say it matters. If I'm playing a turn based game then I don't give a shit if it's 30/60/15 or whatever. The gameplay is completely unaffected by the framerate and, while 60 also looks nice, i don't feel like im missing much given how the mechanics work.

derExperte

Oh I thought it was $10 lol. If you're using Windows, let us know if the Steam key gives you the windows ver. too.

It's Steamplay so yes, it 100% will. I only wonder why they say 'Optional Steam Key provided with purchase. Not required.' Does it give you a Uplay key as well? A bit strange.

Kaleinc

Banned

Moments like this:
JzWEeNLl.jpg

Acccent

There are just some situations where no sane person can say it matters. If I'm playing a turn based game then I don't give a shit if it's 30/60/15 or whatever. The gameplay is completely unaffected by the framerate and, while 60 also looks nice, i don't feel like im missing much given how the mechanics work.

Well yes of course haha. Turn-based games could potentially be reduced to a single frame per turn without the gameplay being impacted :p

Dr Dogg

60fps? Pssh you guys are living in the past. 120fps and above is where it's at
and costs a small fortune to even get close to the vast majority of the time

Actually as much as I love my 120hz monitor the TN panel is killing me and can't wait to get back to an IPS. Everything looks devoid of colour or massively blown out. Even the NeoGAF logo looks oddly colour banded. Really weird going from IPS at work to TN at home, urghhh.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.

I feel like these comments are made just to beetlejuice me out of hiding, so I won't respond directly to it.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It's Steamplay so yes, it 100% will. I only wonder why they say 'Optional Steam Key provided with purchase. Not required.' Does it give you a Uplay key as well? A bit strange.

It's something Ubi itself should consider. Especially with Settlers 7. ;)

fantomena

Just bought M&MX: Legacy. I can confirm it comes with a Steam key, but no UPlay code at all, but you can download and play it though Mac Games Stores own client, a Capsule look-a-like client.

Lomax

Yeah, I have to agree with this. Would I prefer 60 fps for everything? Of course. But there are two things I can't stand at all, one is tearing and the other is stuttering. My eyes are far more sensitive to the disruption of movement than they are framerate (human eyes in general are more sensitive to disruption in movement as a rule than almost anything else). I capped Darksiders II at 30 fps because that made it smooth without either issue, when running uncapped, I had to turn a couple of graphic options down and still got stuttering. I like pretty games and on my aging system I'll take 30 fps on higher settings 99 times out of 100 over 60 fps on lower.

30 vs. 60 is so passé, the higher evolutionaries accept no substitute to 120. I was just playing Faerie Solitaire in 120fps the other day and it's just a whole new game, I don't know how I could ever tolerate any less. I was gettin' deckshots like wow.

I wish I had a 120hz monitor.

on that note for nvidia cards whats the best software to cap framerate to 30fps most games dont usually have an opition for it?
There's probably something else you can use solely for capping, but as an all-rounder, MSI Afterburner has FPS limiting (as well as being a good game recording tool).

Arthea

I need wiz Jasec for yet another mystery, I get load of those, lucky me. (><)
When I check at store and in my library I see that I own Serious Sam HD 2, but it doesn't show in the game list. Do you know what can cause this perhaps?
It's not serious problem or anything, not like one I have with steam insisting that I don't have games that I have, but it's still strange... and does it mean it's not included in my game count?
that would be really horrible!

And maybe someone can check do they see it in my game list, is it my local problem or not, I mean.

edited: so apparently it's not my local problem

Dr Dogg

on that note for nvidia cards whats the best software to cap framerate to 30fps most games dont usually have an option for it?

RivaTuner Stats Server which is bundled with MSI Afterburner and EVGA Precision. I'd personally cap at 32 so if you dont use VSYNC you don't get a static tear line

30 vs. 60 is so passé, the higher evolutionaries accept no substitute to 120. I was just playing Faerie Solitaire in 120fps the other day and it's just a whole new game, I don't know how I could ever tolerate any less. I was gettin' deckshots like wow.

I wish I had a 120hz monitor.

Even using a 120hz monitor at lower frame rates can be waaaay better than a 60hz one due to the tearing is less noticeable due to the faster refresh. So if you hate vsync and the input lag it brings you can get a better experience with a 120/144hz monitor even at lower fps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom