• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.
30 vs. 60 is so passé, the higher evolutionaries accept no substitute to 120. I was just playing Faerie Solitaire in 120fps the other day and it's just a whole new game, I don't know how I could ever tolerate any less. I was gettin' deckshots like wow.

I wish I had a 120hz monitor.

You're being cute, but even using your desktop on a 120Hz monitor is a whole new experience.

Khronico

Spent about 6 hours the past 3 days playing Empire at War... It's been about 5 years since I last played it and it still manages to suck me in just like it did on launch day. What an incredible game. SteamGAF, if you haven't bought this game yet, buy it ASAP. Why?

1. Peerless space battles.
2. Incredibly addictive galactic conquest mode.
3. Amazing mod community.
4. Gobs and gobs of Star Wars fanservice.
5. No but seriously those space battles.
6. Campy/awesome voice acting.
7. Based Frank Klepacki OST.

giphy.gif

Anyone got impressions for Papo and Yo? I'm a man possessed, clearing out my steam backlog one by one and I noticed that the game is only ~3 hours long.

Anyone got impression for Papo and Yo? I'm a man possessed, clearing out my steam backlog one by one and I noticed that the game is only ~3 hours long.

Are you willing to sacrifice super sweet game mechanics (they're not terrible or anything, but nothing special) for a touching little story? If so go for it, dude.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I need wiz Jasec for yet another mystery, I get load of those, lucky me. (><)
When I check at store and in my library I see that I own Serious Sam HD 2, but it doesn't show in the game list. Do you know what can cause this perhaps?
It's not serious problem or anything, not like one I have with steam insisting that I don't have games that I have, but it's still strange... and does it mean it's not included in my game count?
that would be really horrible!

And maybe someone can check do they see it in my game list, is it my local problem or not, I mean.

The way TSE HD is set up is needlessly silly: the base app is in sub 0, meaning it's considered free, so what you're buying on the store is just a DLC app to unlock the rest of the content. Like other free/F2P games in sub 0, it'll show up once you have play time.

Purkake4

Banned
Spent about 6 hours the past 3 days playing Empire at War... It's been about 5 years since I last played it and it still manages to suck me in just like it did on launch day. What an incredible game. SteamGAF, if you haven't bought this game yet, buy it ASAP. Why?

http://media.giphy.com/media/jxqSgd1TtHu4U/giphy.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]
Pretty sure you didn't play the Empire At War I did.

Arthea

You can pick up oversized frogs and run around with them.

image.php

I couldn't resist this time

The way TSE HD is set up is needlessly silly: the base app is in sub 0, meaning it's considered free, so what you're buying on the store is just a DLC app to unlock the rest of the content. Like other free/F2P games in sub 0, it'll show up once you have play time.

oh!
but it isn't free. Very confusing, I must say.
thanks yet again

Anyone got impressions for Papo and Yo? I'm a man possessed, clearing out my steam backlog one by one and I noticed that the game is only ~3 hours long.

If you're going to play it, don't look at it like a game first, it's definitely more an experience (although the gameplay is good). The themes are heavy and dark, but it's a beautifully told story with a wonderful sound and art direction. Well worth anyone's time to play through.

Nothing like an anvil strapped to a stick

Or a giant hole in your cape so big you can put your leg through it. ;)
I love that helmet -- I have the whole armor set for that at +10 though I've moved on to using other armor now.

my dong just expanded

Hahaha!

Wishlisted!

Yo imagine if they drop the whole Lightning trilogy on Steam on the same day. We wouldn't get an Enhanced Steam update for like a month lol.

Perchance to dream...

I feel like these comments are made just to beetlejuice me out of hiding, so I won't respond directly to it.

Unless it was an impersonator, I'm pretty sure I saw you playing Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter last night.

Which means you CAN be paid to play it... :p

Just bought M&MX: Legacy. I can confirm it comes with a Steam key, but no UPlay code at all, but you can download and play it though Mac Games Stores own client, a Capsule look-a-like client.

It's on sale somewhere? "Mac Games Stores" or something?

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Unless it was an impersonator, I'm pretty sure I saw you playing Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter last night.

Which means you CAN be paid to play it... :p

I did that to help my friends and will be donating the money to charity.

No joke.

I started playing Deus Ex: Human Revolution again since people started mentioning it here because of the humble sale, and man, going into Jensen's apartment for the first time I forgot how depressing it was.

First it was the broken mirror, then it was the e-mail about the dog, the painkillers and booze around the house, very depressing stuff but excellent environmental story telling.

I'm really enjoying the game, I'm going a bit more stealthy than I normally do and I'm also doing a ton more side missions, I just completed all side missions in the first area of Detroit(took about 2hrs =/ )

Li Kao

It's still a better game than FF2 was.
Show me another 25 year old game (that's not called Dragon Quest) that is as much fun to play as FF3, I dare you.

This I fear I will never understand :-S
FF1 has a shitty plot, but it's the first and all, so ok. The second brings with it a real plot, characters, dialogs, and it's shat upon from a great height.
And then we have III which revert to who the fuck care about writing and go full four heroes of my ass.

Ok writing isn't all there is in a game, but still, I certainly didn't hate FF2 and couldn't finish FF3 as it was slowly boring me to death. Why is the second game so hated ?

I did that to help my friends and will be donating the money to charity.

No joke.

Fair enough then. We salute you for your generosity. :)

Does that Mac store accept paypal?

Whoa, you changed your avatar.
I don't know, but unless there's some coupon, that MMX deal isn't enough for me to pull the trigger.

I started playing Deus Ex: Human Revolution again since people started mentioning it here because of the humble sale, and man, going into Jensen's apartment for the first time I forgot how depressing it was.

First it was the broken mirror, then it was the e-mail about the dog, the painkillers and booze around the house, very depressing stuff but excellent environmental story telling.

I'm really enjoying the game, I'm going a bit more stealthy than I normally do and I'm also doing a ton more side missions, I just completed all side missions in the first area of Detroit(took about 2hrs =/ )

NO KILLS RUN! DO IT!

This I fear I will never understand :-S
FF1 has a shitty plot, but it's the first and all, so ok. The second brings with it a real plot, characters, dialogs, and it's shat upon from a great height.
And then we have III which revert to who the fuck care about writing and go full four heroes of my ass.

Ok writing isn't all there is in a game, but still, I certainly didn't hate FF2 and couldn't finish FF3 as it was slowly boring me to death. Why is the second game so hated ?

I really didn't care for the story and couldn't even tell you anyone's name, much less any details about the game at this point. I've all but erased it from my memory. But I seem to recall my main issue with it was some of the core gameplay... I remember being so annoyed and frustrated by it that I had to struggle to finish it. To this day, the only main series entries I've not finished stands solely at: FFV

Ezalc

No idea if I did this right or not, hopefully I did since this is modbot giveaway cherry pop, but here's a small thanks for this great community. If there's any problem please feel free to PM me about it :)

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ezalc, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Element4l -- MB-A247329AE0DF3040 - Taken by derExperte. 20 entrants total.
Lone Survivor -- MB-F5F74130E77F25F3 - Taken by Benedict. 11 entrants total.
Crayon Physics Deluxe -- MB-A223405C69B5436B - Taken by Henry Swanson. 3 entrants total.

t1399664303z1.png

Khronico is right, Empire at War is one of the best RTS games I've player. The singleplayer campaign is pretty good. The space battles are amazing and the land battles are like Company of Heroes + Stormtroopers and laser weapons. It's super fun to play with the Empire and attack with AT-ATs :)

Arthea

Whoa, you changed your avatar.
I don't know, but unless there's some coupon, that MMX deal isn't enough for me to pull the trigger.

I decided it's time

M&M6 is my favourite M&M and Jasec told me that's only way to get it on steam, I was waiting for lower price for X, but getting M&M6 too makes it worth, it is still much cheaper than steam had this version for.

What annoys me on Cognition is that although I only have the Episodes I and II (and now Episode III due to the indie royale bundle), but on the steam store page it says that I already own the game and cannot buy seperately the Episode IV... O that game's DLC page there's nothing to buy too. So what can I do if I want to buy the remaining Episode???

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I've been successful in making Enhanced Steam remember which tab you're viewing on the homepage, and reopening that tab the next time you load the home page.

Am working now on an option you can set: "Show this tab on the homepage by default:" where you can select which tab you'd like to always see. The default will be "Last viewed", but you can also set it to always open "New Releases", "Specials", etc if you choose.

Will be in the next version of Enhanced Steam.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
What annoys me on Cognition is that although I only have the Episodes I and II (and now Episode III due to the indie royale bundle), but on the steam store page it says that I already own the game and cannot buy seperately the Episode IV... O that game's DLC page there's nothing to buy too. So what can I do if I want to buy the remaining Episode???

you have to wait for a bundle or buy it from the developer site, steam only sells the full season

Arthea

ya, that's why I keep saying that Cognition episodic release is perfect example how not to do it.

r3n4ud

I've been successful in making Enhanced Steam remember which tab you're viewing on the homepage, and reopening that tab the next time you load the home page.

Am working now on an option you can set: "Show this tab on the homepage by default:" where you can select which tab you'd like to always see. The default will be "Last viewed", but you can also set it to always open "New Releases", "Specials", etc if you choose.

Will be in the next version of Enhanced Steam.

My god, thank you for this option. Damn annoying the way it is currently :/

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
I love how "Upgraded graphics for PC" is a feature while it's still looking like a blown up DS game.

It's still a better game than FF2 was.
Show me another 25 year old game (that's not called Dragon Quest) that is as much fun to play as FF3, I dare you.
Most licensed games of the time were about as fun as FF3... or as watching paint dry.
For an actual fun 25 year old game there is for example SMB3, which is infinitely better :)

Yakkue

How does Happy Hour work on Indiegala? It's not available for the bundle you linked but it is for another bundle. I've read the site's explanation and FAQ, but quite frankly, it's confusing and reads like it was written by someone whose first language is not English. Can someone explain the Happy Hour thing to me in clear, concise terms? Thanks.

Basically, if you buy the Last Dream bundle now for $4.89 (as a gift) you will get 2 copies to give away.

If you already bought this highest tier ($4.89, not the $1 tier) within the first week for yourself (not as a gift), you will receive 4 copies to giveaway.

If you bought this highest tier for yourself any time after the first week of the bundle going live (but before the Happy Hour started), you'll receive 3 gift copies.

I hope that's understandable, since english isn't my first language as well..

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
What games are on that Indiegala? Page is not loading on my Vita.

On Greenlight unless otherwise noted:

- The Girl and the Robot (greenlit)
- Inescapable (greenlit)
- Loot Hero (greenlit)
- Deep Eclipse
- Frederic: Resurrection of Music
- Hunter's Trophy 2: America
- Rush for Glory
- Sinister City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom