• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.
After that segment comes the End game, or the last few screens and then the end of the game.

OK guys, you gave the motivation to go on, and I managed to beat that Hardcore prawn room.

youhavetowinthegamey8zah.png

Now I have just lost the game,
so now I have only to win the game, I only hope it won't take me long

achievementsp7kw8.png

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Aye You Have to Win the Game is good fun and amazing deal for free, reminding me a lot of one of my childhood classics in Manic Miner for the ZX Spectrum. I do plan to complete it with the good ending once I have some more free time though, easily worth it I'm sure.

Had a great bit of fun for an hour or two playing through You Have to Win the Game. I had played maybe 50% of it when it was just random freeware on the web, but didn't remember enough that it interfered with the replay. It's especially good when you turn on EGA graphics and turn off the CRT simulation. It's a nice little platformer with a few neat ideas, and it's pretty original in how it puts things together so it doesn't feel like a retread of other retro platformers. Went ahead and beat the game -> Bad ending; Beat the game -> Good ending; Played in Cat Mode (you only have nine lives) -> good ending. Now I'm trying to conquer YOLO SWAG mode, which is proving difficult because there are just enough screens that I can't reliably do without dying. Given that I didn't play a dime, a really good little experience.

And now comes the name-and-shame. 12 people on my friends list from GAF have added the game to their account.
corrosivefrost: Played for an hour, did not complete game with either ending, 6/14 achievements
wetflame: Played for 50 minutes, 10-15% completion
spin: Launched game, got achievement for dying once.
Volcynika: Played for 20 minutes, got through three quarters of the game
JaseC: Attempted to idle for cards, failed because the game doesn't drop cards
Blade: Played to the completion of the bad end, 5.6 hours. Get the good ending, dude!
nexen: Attempted to idle for cards, failed because the game doesn't drop cards
KenOD: Played for 20 minutes, got through half the game
Mavromantis: Launched game, got achievement for dying once
toddhunter: Played less than 5 minutes, got 10-15% completion
RionaaM: Attempted to idle for cards, failed because the game doesn't drop cards
Kurdel: Launched game, got achievements for dying once.

It's a free game! You don't need to pay anything! You can finish it in one sitting!
http://store.steampowered.com/app/286100/

I got to about 77% complete and couldn't figure out where I was going anymore... so I just quit out.

Yep, good game. Really enjoyed it. Brag incoming:

£0.50 gave me enough motivation to go for it.

Wait at the place with the bell until the lower left shrimp has shot its bullet, and then just head straight for the exit, using the left two ledges. Nothing will hit you.

Nice job. How come everyone else's screens seems a LOT more colorful than mine?

No, Windows Control Panel, and then the settings for your 360 pad.

Edit: My bad. I'm only assuming you're on Windows. But even if you're on something else, the same type of advice should apply.

Start > run > joy.cpl.
See if there are two controllers listed.

Haunted

Had a great bit of fun for an hour or two playing through You Have to Win the Game. I had played maybe 50% of it when it was just random freeware on the web, but didn't remember enough that it interfered with the replay. It's especially good when you turn on EGA graphics and turn off the CRT simulation. It's a nice little platformer with a few neat ideas, and it's pretty original in how it puts things together so it doesn't feel like a retread of other retro platformers. Went ahead and beat the game -> Bad ending; Beat the game -> Good ending; Played in Cat Mode (you only have nine lives) -> good ending. Now I'm trying to conquer YOLO SWAG mode, which is proving difficult because there are just enough screens that I can't reliably do without dying. Given that I didn't play a dime, a really good little experience.

And now comes the name-and-shame. 12 people on my friends list from GAF have added the game to their account.
corrosivefrost: Played for an hour, did not complete game with either ending, 6/14 achievements
Blade: Played to the completion of the bad end, 5.6 hours. Get the good ending, dude!
RionaaM: Attempted to idle for cards, failed because the game doesn't drop cards

It's a free game! You don't need to pay anything! You can finish it in one sitting!
challenge accepted

but only if it's as good as you have to burn the rope

I got to about 77% complete and couldn't figure out where I was going anymore... so I just quit out.

I guess that is the same thing that happened to me, I was stuck and had to check a Youtube video
there is a room with a bullet-shooting monster, you go past it, exit the room and then you go back, you can see below a platform/exit that wasn't there previously, I didn't notice it until I watched the video
By the way, one of the things that I have felt the lack of is a sort of a map.

I guess that is the same thing that happened to me, I was stuck and had to check a Youtube video
there is a room with a bullet-shooting monster, you go past it, exit the room and then you go back, you can see below a platform/exit that wasn't there previously, I didn't notice it until I watched the video

Yea a few times I was running around for hours until finally i found a way up

Tizoc

Are you actually playing, or are you still stuck in a shitty update loop in the client?

Well Child of Light ran fine and I am now playing it.
Where would UPlay store the save data for this game, I'm not finding any info online about it's directory location >_>;

Tenrius

I'm trying to submit a Uplay supoort ticket and it's not working. "The service is temporarily unavailable, please try again later". What a joke!

The ticket is about that Watch_Dogs pricing error from way back, by the way. I'd like to know whether they'll honor it or not.

Tenrius

That guy added me too, deleted him after I saw what he was after.

In other news, Steam user "Thomas the Tank Engine" left a comment with an elaborate ASCII image of a penis on my profile for some reason. He had his profile set to private, so I couldn't retaliate.

Anteater

Well Child of Light ran fine and I am now playing it.
Where would UPlay store the save data for this game, I'm not finding any info online about it's directory location >_>;

I only have child of light so I back up the directory in

C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\savegames

I beat the game and it didn't delete my save game tho, I don't use their cloud

Kiru

Too bad you don't have me in your friendlist. Got all achievements except the YOLO one. Didn't even know about the rewards that day...^^

Tizoc

I only have child of light so I back up the directory in

C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\savegames

I beat the game and it didn't delete my save game tho, I don't use their cloud

Alright thanks, I'll back up my save data before I quit or after exiting Uplay.

So today a complete stranger added me to Steam, and instantly started a conversation. Noticing where he was going I decided to have a little fun.

xepMKm0.png
V0TAKCH.png
3LEdu8T.png
T6TvoxQ.png
536VY8O.png

And then he disconnected, just when I was about to send the game via UPS to his address. Oh well

:D Well played! Your "Steam has mail system!! Better than UPS?" had me laughing out loud and I rarely do that from reading something on the internet so thanks for the lulz :D.

In other news, Steam user "Thomas the Tank Engine" left a comment with an elaborate ASCII image of a penis on my profile for some reason. He had his profile set to private, so I couldn't retaliate.

Well I hope it was a nice penis!

*goes to look up your profile*

EDIT - it has killed Steam Community! :eek: That must be some penis!

Bought Stick It To The Man, looks interesting enough. Played like 4 hours of Dark Souls 2 today and I have to say that
Iron Keep
might be the roughest/toughest area in Souls to date.

Damn :p

I actually got stuck in the 3rd screen of the game. The floor disappears underneath you and I'm not sure how to make it past that point because I'm stupid :(

Tizoc

I made it finally!

youhavetowinthegamewibujbw.png

I still think that Hardcore prawn is quite tough, maybe it's easier playing with a controller, dunno.

For me timing my jumps was the biggest issue mainly because I can't be assed to do so. If it were just 2 statues firing their bullets at a time, yeah I might've managed but with all 4? Sorry my brain can't process all that ish.

Does Serious Sam III ever get away from drab gray desert towns? Gameplay is fun and I generally enjoy the series but there's like no art style of any kind up to where I got to before stopping ages ago.

For me timing my jumps was the biggest issue mainly because I can't be assed to do so. If it were just 2 statues firing their bullets at a time, yeah I might've managed but with all 4? Sorry my brain can't process all that ish.

I just wall-jumped all the way up to the top floor and then double-jumped to the left; it took me quite a few attempts but it's the only way I have been able to make it.

-Deimos

So today a complete stranger added me to Steam, and instantly started a conversation. Noticing where he was going I decided to have a little fun.

And then he disconnected, just when I was about to send the game via UPS to his address. Oh well

Bravo.

-MD-

Does Serious Sam III ever get away from drab gray desert towns? Gameplay is fun and I generally enjoy the series but there's like no art style of any kind up to where I got to before stopping ages ago.

It'll continue assaulting your eyes until the credits roll.

That's really a bummer, wonder why they decided to go with that......look given how colorful the other games are. Does actually look pretty nice technically though, and the amount of video customization is absurd.

Is $45 for Wolfenstein: The New Order via GMG going to be the best price for the game? If so I want to jump on it before the day ends as the game looks unbelievable. Haven't been this excited for a shooter in a while. The Darkness and Riddick are so good.

Yes it does, later on in the game instead of gray desert towns you get, BROWN desert towns.

Nzyme32

*snip*

And I've just been ignoring the random friend requests when I could have had so much fun.. damn!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom