• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Li Kao

Anndddd... Outlast Whistleblower is bought. I'm terrified. Throw me everything but cannibals, this won't be easy :-S
But the base game was so good (not perfect, mind you), how could I say no ?

I think tonight will be some hours of it and immediately after that a good dose of Saints Row 3. If I had a mickey game, I would hit it I think ( '°_°)

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Uplay support is STILL unavailable. How do you submit a support ticket about not being able to submit a support ticket?

Try to flag down Yves Guillemot if you see him outside. He'll be the one talking loudly on his cell phone about revolutionizing the paradigm through Deepak Chopra's Electronic Paintball.

DocSeuss

So today a complete stranger added me to Steam, and instantly started a conversation. Noticing where he was going I decided to have a little fun.

And then he disconnected, just when I was about to send the game via UPS to his address. Oh well

:(

Almost all the friend requests I get are because people really like my Dragon Age review.

I felt like melting some brains with a snapshot of how I used depressurizer to start categorizing my games...

It's long from finished and changes constantly...

steam.categoriesm7lh2.png

What I really wish for is tagging... like they have on the store pages now. That way I can categorize a bunch of games with MULTIPLE "categories" so I can mark something like Metal Gear Rising as "Metal Gear", "Character Action", "Completed", "100%", "Konami".

Valve needs to hurry up and hire jshackles so he can implement this for me. ;)

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I think I'm going to get rid of all my misc categories and just move to:

Finished
Done with but didn't finish
Bundle fodder I never plan to try
Games

Benedict

How do you fix a achievment that's not registered on Playfire?
Got Mass Ruckus on Darksiders 2 just hours before the rewards ended, but it's not showing up.

Pachimari

I have my categories as:

0. Completed
1. Now Playing
2. Next Up
3. High Tier
4. Low Tier
5. Trials (games I'm gonna try)
6. Casual
7. Endless
8. Junk
9. Films

rookiejet

Folders and hard categories are unwieldy (especially if you're prone to analysis paralysis.) Making the in-client library search show results from the store's user-defined tags would be nice (so I don't have to do any work.)

donny2112

Got Mass Ruckus on Darksiders 2 just hours before the rewards ended, but it's not showing up.

I've been waiting 3 weeks for them to fix a similar situation on Lunar Flight. They've "refreshed" my account page multiple times, which, as would be expected, does absolutely nothing, because they can't seem to get it through their skull that it's the differential in update time between Steam achievement and Playfire recording that's the issue. It's a 0.25 pound issue here, but it's the fact I stayed up late working on the last achievement for 4 hours and then their delayed update system (17 hour delay making it show up 2 hours too late) keeps me from getting it that pisses me off.

Dr Dogg

After you've got more than 100 games in your library, masses of categories is just kind of pointless. The search function at the top is a much fast way to drill down to a specific game and if you want to hide stuff just don't install it and keep your view to favourites or installed.

I've got 3 categories plus the favourite one at the moment, DRM so I know I'm going to have to revoke the activation or I'm going to have to note down how many I have left with certain games, GFWL for all that pain in the arse that is going to cause in July and Finished with a bunch of obvious stuff.

What ever I'm working on regularly or I play often I stick in Favs and leave the rest in the general Games category. Any thing else and I'd just end up micromanaging everything.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
How has gfwl->steamwork patches handled save transfers so far? I fear for my Dark Souls saves when the inevitable happens

Amzin

I have 4 pretty simple custom categories that I use that worked out pretty conveniently from an alphabetical standpoint:

Complete
Casual
Endless
Ongoing

And then the default 'games' category for anything that I haven't played yet.

Chronoja

Maybe it's just easier for people with fewer games but as far as I'm concerned there's only 2 categories of games; "installed" and "not installed". My list is near permanently filtered by "installed only"

DRM so I know I'm going to have to revoke the activation or I'm going to have to note down how many I have left with certain games
How can you see which games on Steam have DRM, and how can you revoke old licenses? Is that still possible if you no longer have access to the older computers with those games installed? Been wondering about this...

Dr Dogg

How can you see which games on Steam have DRM, and how can you revoke old licenses? Is that still possible if you no longer have access to the older computers with those games installed? Been wondering about this...

Jshackles is really on the ball with Enhanced Steam throwing up a big red notification telling you if it has extra DRM and what kind. Or PC Gaming Wiki now has the list moved over there from another site I used to use.

http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/The_Big_List_of_3rd_Party_DRM_on_Steam

On the subject of revoking licences it's a case by case basis and sometimes your can do it yourself, others you have to speak to the licence holder and some your at the mercy of revolving activations. The link above will give you some idea of what's what.

ArjanN

Maybe it's just easier for people with fewer games but as far as I'm concerned there's only 2 categories of games; "installed" and "not installed". My list is near permanently filtered by "installed only"

No that's really the most practical way of sorting by far.

Jshackles is really on the ball with Enhanced Steam throwing up a big red notification telling you if it has extra DRM and what kind. Or PC Gaming Wiki now has the list moved over there from another site I used to use.

http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/The_Big_List_of_3rd_Party_DRM_on_Steam

On the subject of revoking licences it's a case by case basis and sometimes your can do it yourself, others you have to speak to the licence holder and some your at the mercy of revolving activations. The link above will give you some idea of what's what.
Crap. One of my games has the dreaded TAGES. They make it sound like it's some kind of virus/malware. How bad is it really, and how can I get rid of it? Will just uninstalling the game work? Or am I being paranoid?

Tenrius

I decided to sort all of the last few months' additions (50+ games) into existing categories and it's done. Thus, I currently have 729 games divided into 21 categories. For some reason, I really like sorting stuff like this, it's really calming and that's why I also keep a tidy backloggery profile (although I don't add ALL of my games there, just the ones I play as I start them or those I definitely want to play soon).

Oh, and here's a small quote from Kentucky Route Zero I really liked for some reason. Google returns zero results, so let it be here:

It's raining, mud is everywhere on the wings of owls and the jowls of stray dogs. Borrowing shelter with other mammals and then waking up late, damp and cold. Waiting for the bus with other mammals.

Lomax

Aha!
I had credit on Amazon so I got NBA 2K14 for $2.50.
Where did I get this credit?
Is it from the christmas sale?

It dates way back to before when the game was released as pre-order motivation, I think they gave it to everyone at that time who had bought a 2k game from Amazon in the last year.

Does Serious Sam III ever get away from drab gray desert towns? Gameplay is fun and I generally enjoy the series but there's like no art style of any kind up to where I got to before stopping ages ago.

The desert setting and ancient Egyptian motif is a signature of the series. They tried once to change it up a bit by adding colorful levels (in Serious Sam 2) but everybody whined about it not being a good game so they went back to the old ways.

The desert setting and ancient Egyptian motif is a signature of the series. They tried once to change it up a bit by adding colorful levels (in Serious Sam 2) but everybody whined about it not being a good game so they went back to the old ways.

I'm aware of that but the problem with Serious Sam 3 is that there is almost no color anywhere. It's not the desert bits that are the issue though, it's all the nasty city stuff like this

So drab!

9 more days until Wolfenstein!

Miguel81

Crap. One of my games has the dreaded TAGES. They make it sound like it's some kind of virus/malware. How bad is it really, and how can I get rid of it? Will just uninstalling the game work? Or am I being paranoid?

The Tages Protection site says to run TagesSetup again to uninstall the drivers. That's all I could find, but maybe someone here has more knowledge on this subject.

I'm aware of that but the problem with Serious Sam 3 is that there is almost no color anywhere. It's not the desert bits that are the issue though, it's all the nasty city stuff like this

The city doesn't last very long. You'll be back to wide open desert areas and ancient ruins soon enough.

So drab!

9 more days until Wolfenstein!
Yeah the city bits are really ugly, apparently that's because they were intended to be used for a modern military shooter that Croteam was working on before it got cancelled and then they started work on the Serious Engine 3 and then started work on SS3:BFE(According to the wikia anyway http://serioussam.wikia.com/wiki/Unnamed_Military_Shooter )

Some screenshots of the military shooter game Croteam was working on before it got cancelled.

Levyne

Banned
Current Games - Stuff I'm currently playing
Finished Game - Games I don't plan to revisit
Junk - stuff I got bundled...or gifted
Not Started
Uninterested/Unfinished - Stuff I've lost interest in
Time Kill / Multiplayer- If I need to waste some time.

Tenrius

Current Games - Stuff I'm currently playing
Finished Game - Games I don't plan to revisit
Junk - stuff I got bundled...or gifted
Not Started
Uninterested/Unfinished - Stuff I've lost interest in
Time Kill / Multiplayer- If I need to waste some time.

Ice cold.

yuraya

May have been posted b4 but lol someone made a TitanFallout mod in new vegas which creates like a robot that follows you around. Looks like the titanfall mechs. Falls out of the sky once you obtain a perk and patrols the area. You can even jump on top of it using space bar and control its big gun. The modding communities for some of these games are great :D

JUwzpHq.jpg

Chronoja

May have been posted b4 but lol someone made a TitanFallout mod in new vegas which creates like a robot that follows you around. Looks like the titanfall mechs. Falls out of the sky once you obtain a perk and patrols the area. You can even jump on top of it using space bar and control its big gun. The modding communities for some of these games are great :D

JUwzpHq.jpg

A titanfall mech vs. Liberty Prime: who wins?

Hieberrr

I'm going to assemble my new PC some time this week (it'll be my first gaming PC). What are 5 games that I should buy (no FPS please)?

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
I'm going to assemble my new PC some time this week (it'll be my first gaming PC). What are 5 games that I should buy (no FPS please)?
My favorite games I've played on Steam so far are La Mulana, The Swapper, Papo & Yo, Super Hexagon, and any of the Ys games. But those are games you really don't need a gaming PC for.

Levyne

Banned

I really like RPGs so

The Last Remnant
The Witcher 2
Dark Souls 2 (all the rage)
And Dragon Age: Origins is on sale :)
Wolfenstein: The New Order

I'm not as well versed on smaller or indie-like titles so hopefully you get some suggestions there too

Write a support ticket and wait 2-4 weeks. Probably not worth it.

IT's not worth it -- if you get the achievement too close to the deadline, you're better off forgetting it -- I still haven't gotten the one for clearing Yaiba on Nightmare and I got it 3 minutes before hand. I've decided at this point that it's not worth the repeated contacts to CS for a mere $0.25 or $0.50.

Dark Souls 2
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
Spelunky

Tenrius

Kentucky Route Zero, Dark Souls, Dark Souls II, Civilization V and any Wing Commander game from GOG (preferably the first one, though).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom