• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Majukun

trying to finish "you have to win the game",but i'm stuck at 80% :S
i don't understand what to do in the "leap of faith" screen..i manage to reack the portal mirror below,but all i find there are more spikes and death

DocSeuss

I'm going to assemble my new PC some time this week (it'll be my first gaming PC). What are 5 games that I should buy (no FPS please)?

I wonder if System Shock 2 counts as an FPS, because everyone should play System Shock 2. Likewise, everyone should play STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl + Complete mod.

Beyond that:

FTL
Age of Mythology HD/Age of Empires 2 HD
Tropico 4 (ideally complete version)
Dragon Age Origins Ultimate (it's still on sale)
XCOM Enemy Unknown/Within
Kentucky Route Zero

And now comes the name-and-shame. 12 people on my friends list from GAF have added the game to their account.

toddhunter: Played less than 5 minutes, got 10-15% completion

To be fair, I played enough to know that I want to play more at some stage. I'm just still stuck in that Dark Souls 2 vortex for now.

Arthea

I'm going to assemble my new PC some time this week (it'll be my first gaming PC). What are 5 games that I should buy (no FPS please)?

rather hard to narrow to 5, one per genre then:
Civilization V (you wanna get it with all expansions)
Final Fantasy 7 (especially if you haven't played it)
Long live the Queen (like the best game ever, or close)
Sonic racing transformed (fun!)
Magic 2014
King's Bounty: the Legend (or any King's Bounty game)

ya, I know it's 6

Acccent

Dr Dogg I got the SS2 you gave away in Doc's fundraiser thread :D Now I only lack Thief for the holy trinity to be compleeeeeeete

zkylon

zkylewd
May have been posted b4 but lol someone made a TitanFallout mod in new vegas which creates like a robot that follows you around. Looks like the titanfall mechs. Falls out of the sky once you obtain a perk and patrols the area. You can even jump on top of it using space bar and control its big gun. The modding communities for some of these games are great :D

JUwzpHq.jpg

that's kinda cool

i approve cos it's a mod, if that were official it would sound too much like bethesda to me

Dr Dogg

Well after 8 hours of pirating it up in ACIV didn't see one social chest. Just as I'm about to call it a day I get 2 in a bloody row. Also talking about crazy goings on why is it you can craft outfits anywhere, but only change them back at the Jackdaw? When you can craft a new outfit it automatically changes you into it with no choice to swap it back if it turns out to be a gaudy ensemble. I had to got through 2 story cutscenes with Kenway looking like a 60 year old cougar no thanks to the not so fake leopard print get up he swapped in to.

Well this was a weird preposterous edit but saves doubling up.

Dr Dogg I got the SS2 you gave away in Doc's fundraiser thread :D Now I only lack Thief for the holy trinity to be compleeeeeeete

Well that turned out alright then. Well just as long no one is screaming "Fix!" ;)

As long as we're talking Thief: The Dark Project and not Thief: Moody Drama Queen. then you're golden.

Like I can talk, I may have only payed about £2 for it with PlayFire credit but still put in 8 hours. It's alright but it's a game that feels rushed despite being in development for 5+ years.

I wonder if Dice is gonna shove one of their classic piece of shit campaigns into Battlefront.

The campaign in Battlefront 2 was pretty enjoyable.

My DkS2 Black Armour Edition finally arrived. Had no idea they only made 2500 copies, nor did I expect it to have this:

YPuVHAC.jpg

I'm pretty sure that the number is for the cards because I got one with my CE. How come it took so long for you to get your copy?

What I really wish for is tagging... like they have on the store pages now. That way I can categorize a bunch of games with MULTIPLE "categories" so I can mark something like Metal Gear Rising as "Metal Gear", "Character Action", "Completed", "100%", "Konami".

That would be nice. With the way they work now I don't use Steam categories for anything except my "Mac Bullshit" group.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Had a great bit of fun for an hour or two playing through You Have to Win the Game. I had played maybe 50% of it when it was just random freeware on the web, but didn't remember enough that it interfered with the replay. It's especially good when you turn on EGA graphics and turn off the CRT simulation. It's a nice little platformer with a few neat ideas, and it's pretty original in how it puts things together so it doesn't feel like a retread of other retro platformers. Went ahead and beat the game -> Bad ending; Beat the game -> Good ending; Played in Cat Mode (you only have nine lives) -> good ending. Now I'm trying to conquer YOLO SWAG mode, which is proving difficult because there are just enough screens that I can't reliably do without dying. Given that I didn't play a dime, a really good little experience.

And now comes the name-and-shame. 12 people on my friends list from GAF have added the game to their account.
corrosivefrost: Played for an hour, did not complete game with either ending, 6/14 achievements Has completed the game.
wetflame: Played for 50 minutes, 10-15% completion
spin: Launched game, got achievement for dying once.
Volcynika: Played for 20 minutes, got through three quarters of the game
JaseC: Attempted to idle for cards, failed because the game doesn't drop cards cash.
Blade: Played to the completion of the bad end, 5.6 hours. Get the good ending, dude!
nexen: Attempted to idle for cards, failed because the game doesn't drop cards
KenOD: Played for 20 minutes, got through half the game
Mavromantis: Launched game, got achievement for dying once
toddhunter: Played less than 5 minutes, got 10-15% completion
RionaaM: Attempted to idle for cards, failed because the game doesn't drop cards
Kurdel: Launched game, got achievements for dying once.

It's a free game! You don't need to pay anything! You can finish it in one sitting!
http://store.steampowered.com/app/286100/
I started playing it and got up to
getting the Spider Gloves upgrade
. I'm really liking it, but I don't think I'll ever get that YOLO achievement :p
Also, I'm not on your buddy list :(

Yep, good game. Really enjoyed it. Brag incoming:

£0.50 gave me enough motivation to go for it.

Wait at the place with the bell until the lower left shrimp has shot its bullet, and then just head straight for the exit, using the left two ledges. Nothing will hit you.
wait what, 8 minutes??
How?? D:

Has the GAF group been infiltrated? We gotta find the rat. For maximum enjoyment, we'll need at least two false accusations.
That might take a while given that the GAF group has 6,690 members holy shit :O

I think I'm going to get rid of all my misc categories and just move to:

Finished
Done with but didn't finish
Bundle fodder I never plan to try
Games
I tried to have that few categories, then Depressurizer was mentioned here. Now I prefer having a zillion categories because they are actually manageable.

How has gfwl->steamwork patches handled save transfers so far? I fear for my Dark Souls saves when the inevitable happens
For the Batman games it was handled by the community, there are a couple of handy apps that migrate the savegame for you (GFWL-stripper is the one I used and it works). In the case of the others I think only Ace Combat handled the savegame migration on its own.

gdt

Real quick question about Walking Dead Season 1 and 2 saves.

So I played S1, but now I have a new HDD so the old saves aren't there. Should I reinstall S1 and then sync with the steam cloud, then start Season 2?

Kiru

trying to finish "you have to win the game",but i'm stuck at 80% :S
i don't understand what to do in the "leap of faith" screen..i manage to reack the portal mirror below,but all i find there are more spikes and death
Mirror below leads to the secret room passage. To finish the game you gotta wall jump a bit more to the left.

Real quick question about Walking Dead Season 1 and 2 saves.

So I played S1, but now I have a new HDD so the old saves aren't there. Should I reinstall S1 and then sync with the steam cloud, then start Season 2?
Yes.
It's really weird when characters talk about what Lee did in S1 and you're like "wait a second, I didn't do that." definitely carry your save over, best way to play

Colin.

The Murderbrawl mission in Saints Row: The Third is going to be a tough one to top in the game. Wrestling, smacking people with sharks and chainsaws, whilst "you're the best around" plays in the background. What more could you want?!

It's pretty bad.
May have dodged a bullet. No warning in Enhanced Steam about TAGES or any other DRM for this particular game, so it probably got removed (if it was ever there in the first place). *Whew*

But if I did have it, what would I need to do to get rid of it? I hear the so-called removal tool doesn't actually work.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Hmm I think for the first time in MANY months, I'm about to play some "normal" 4-8 hour games.

I'm pretty much done with DS2 (almost near the end on my second character and I'm struggling to even find the will to finish it again), the Wildstar open beta just confirmed that I hate it and won't be buying it in June, and my go to for past year, Marvel Heroes, isn't doing anything for me anymore after playing it a bit today. Although. To be fair, I also don't really feel like playing anything in particular, I must just as easily be entering one of those lulls.

And on top of it, I have a ton of those "normal" games that I stopped midway (or 1/4 in whatever) and I always hate to go back before I never remember what was going on, the controls, etc. Hmph... first world problems and all I guess

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
And on top of it, I have a ton of those "normal" games that I stopped midway (or 1/4 in whatever) and I always hate to go back before I never remember what was going on, the controls, etc.

That's why once I start a game I always try to finish unless I'm just not having any fun at all. Going back to a game months after playing it is surprisingly difficult, and though I can and have managed to do it before, I prefer just restarting the game.

Pachimari

Went aren't we getting any new stuff about The Forest when we're so close to release. :/

I'm also guilty of putting aside games and have 7 games put aside currently on Steam, while I'm currently playing Max Payne 3, Batman: Arkham Asylum, Papers Please, Super Meat Boy, Persona 4: Golden and Zelda: Skyward Sword - all at the same time.

Acccent

Well that turned out alright then. Well just as long no one is screaming "Fix!" ;)

As long as we're talking Thief: The Dark Project and not Thief: Moody Drama Queen. then you're golden.

Like I can talk, I may have only payed about £2 for it with PlayFire credit but still put in 8 hours. It's alright but it's a game that feels rushed despite being in development for 5+ years.

No no, the old ones :) I promised I would pley these, SS2, and Deus Ex in this thread. So I will!

Locust

I'm pretty sure that the number is for the cards because I got one with my CE. How come it took so long for you to get your copy?

Yeah, someone pointed that out already, makes sense.
Not sure if the CE was affected too but the BA was delayed until May 2, plus I had to wait an extra week because of shipping.

Worth the wait though, and I can't believe how well optimized it is.

maty

Had a great bit of fun for an hour or two playing through You Have to Win the Game. I had played maybe 50% of it when it was just random freeware on the web, but didn't remember enough that it interfered with the replay. It's especially good when you turn on EGA graphics and turn off the CRT simulation. It's a nice little platformer with a few neat ideas, and it's pretty original in how it puts things together so it doesn't feel like a retread of other retro platformers. Went ahead and beat the game -> Bad ending; Beat the game -> Good ending; Played in Cat Mode (you only have nine lives) -> good ending. Now I'm trying to conquer YOLO SWAG mode, which is proving difficult because there are just enough screens that I can't reliably do without dying. Given that I didn't play a dime, a really good little experience....

I'm not on your friend list but challenge accepted...

62fx62f

Nice little game. During my YOLO run there were 2 parts that gave me headaches, ¨Leap of Faith" and "Harcore prawns" near the end. When I lost for the 5th or 6th time there I was starting to get to little nervous. Thankfully I'm done.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
How do you browse for games on the steam store effectively? I keep getting locked into the most popular stuff.

Tags can be helpful sometimes. A lot of the time I just look at the new releases section, or the related games category on the store page of games I like.

Though most of the time I browse the thread for recommendations.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
How do you browse for games on the steam store effectively? I keep getting locked into the most popular stuff.

I use tags, genres, publishers, sorting by metacritic, and then just mostly using off-site sources for discovery rather than Steam.

Edit: the other thing is that you can literally browse the entire store in 3-4 hours so if you take a night and knock it out and fill up your wishlist you'll mostly just need to pay attention on a go-forward basis later.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Played a couple of hours of You Have to Win the Game. Great fun, especially for a free game. I spent 1.9 hours, and unlocked 11/14 achievements, including the 100% completionist achievement. I'm not sure if I'll go for the 9 lives or yolo achievements - but I might.
I died a lot!

I would say that if the game were for sale, I would not have been disappointed if it would have cost between $3-$5.

Goddard

Does the javascript trick for adding custom amounts to your steam wallet still work? I want to add 13.50 to my account but it's telling my I have insufficient funds. I have 14.08 in my vanilla mastercard account.

Zafir

Does the javascript trick for adding custom amounts to your steam wallet still work? I want to add 13.50 to my account but it's telling my I have insufficient funds. I have 14.08 in my vanilla mastercard account.
Can't you just use Enhanced Steam's feature? That allows you to choose custom amounts.

Though I'd assume it uses the same feature, just more user friendly.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Yeah. Enhanced Steam adds the functionality to the page if you're still having trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom