• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Had a great bit of fun for an hour or two playing through You Have to Win the Game. I had played maybe 50% of it when it was just random freeware on the web, but didn't remember enough that it interfered with the replay. It's especially good when you turn on EGA graphics and turn off the CRT simulation. It's a nice little platformer with a few neat ideas, and it's pretty original in how it puts things together so it doesn't feel like a retread of other retro platformers. Went ahead and beat the game -> Bad ending; Beat the game -> Good ending; Played in Cat Mode (you only have nine lives) -> good ending. Now I'm trying to conquer YOLO SWAG mode, which is proving difficult because there are just enough screens that I can't reliably do without dying. Given that I didn't play a dime, a really good little experience.

And now comes the name-and-shame. 12 people on my friends list from GAF have added the game to their account.
corrosivefrost: Played for an hour, did not complete game with either ending, 6/14 achievements Has completed the game.
wetflame: Played for 50 minutes, 10-15% completion
spin: Launched game, got achievement for dying once.
Volcynika: Played for 20 minutes, got through three quarters of the game Comleted game.
JaseC: Attempted to idle for cards, failed because the game doesn't drop cards cash.
Blade: Played to the completion of the bad end, 5.6 hours. Get the good ending, dude! Got the good ending.
nexen: Attempted to idle for cards, failed because the game doesn't drop cards
KenOD: Played for 20 minutes, got through half the game
Mavromantis: Launched game, got achievement for dying once
toddhunter: Played less than 5 minutes, got 10-15% completion
RionaaM: Attempted to idle for cards, failed because the game doesn't drop cards
Kurdel: Launched game, got achievements for dying once.

It's a free game! You don't need to pay anything! You can finish it in one sitting!
http://store.steampowered.com/app/286100/

Tizoc

Eh I overall didn't like You have to win the game much. It just felt needlesly hard and the dodging bullets thing was driving me bonkers.

didamangi

Had a great bit of fun for an hour or two playing through You Have to Win the Game. I had played maybe 50% of it when it was just random freeware on the web, but didn't remember enough that it interfered with the replay. It's especially good when you turn on EGA graphics and turn off the CRT simulation. It's a nice little platformer with a few neat ideas, and it's pretty original in how it puts things together so it doesn't feel like a retread of other retro platformers. Went ahead and beat the game -> Bad ending; Beat the game -> Good ending; Played in Cat Mode (you only have nine lives) -> good ending. Now I'm trying to conquer YOLO SWAG mode, which is proving difficult because there are just enough screens that I can't reliably do without dying. Given that I didn't play a dime, a really good little experience.

Tried the yolo swag for playfire, nope.

Dkc0EIO.jpg

I know that screen will cause me grief to no end if I somehow managed to get there in that mode.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Eh I overall didn't like You have to win the game much. It just felt needlesly hard and the dodging bullets thing was driving me bonkers.

There are only bullets in like 5 of the screens, and then bullet-like things to dodge in another 3 or so. :p

Yep, good game. Really enjoyed it. Brag incoming:

£0.50 gave me enough motivation to go for it.
I know that screen will cause me grief to no end if I somehow managed to get there in that mode.
Wait at the place with the bell until the lower left shrimp has shot its bullet, and then just head straight for the exit, using the left two ledges. Nothing will hit you.

BruteUA

And now comes the name-and-shame. 12 people on my friends list from GAF have added the game to their account.

-: Attempted to idle for cards, failed because the game doesn't drop cards

My favorite kind of shame.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
JaseC: Attempted to idle for cards, failed because the game doesn't drop cards

Actually, I just left it running for about 10 minutes to unlock the "Play for the first time" reward on Playfire (as I said a couple of weeks ago, I'm hoping to eventually pre-purchase Murdered: Soul Suspect for less than $10). I knew it wasn't going to drop cards, being a sub 0 game, and had earlier instructed the dev to remove it from the sub and use a no cost sub instead, which would have allowed people to "buy" it and therefore unlock drops (or so I'd assumed as this is what Valve did with the L4D2 giveaway), but understandably Valve doesn't allow card drops for free games (DLC/in-game purchases aside) due to concerns regarding mass farming.

Zafir

Hah i did a stupid thing last night. I accidentally left Bound by Flame running over night because I alt + f4'd it but it was still running in the background despite no window. xD
Has anyone picked up Lichdom: Battlemage?

Impressions? Cheap RU price?

I gave it a shot, and it seemed like it had potential. Looked nice and the combat seemed to perform fairly well. Performance needed some work, but it is still in Alpha so I can't complain too much. At this stage there isn't that much combat, and some features were missing. I know when I played it there wasn't any voices, and the story wasn't really explained, but they've apparently fixed that in Alpha 2 which came out the other week. I think it's worth the investment anyway. I got it for 6 keys.

didamangi

Yep, good game. Really enjoyed it. Brag incoming:

£0.50 gave me enough motivation to go for it.

Wait at the place with the bell until the lower left shrimp has shot its bullet, and then just head straight for the exit, using the left two ledges. Nothing will hit you.

Good job! Hm, I know it's just 8 minutes to get it right, but the deaths quickly adds up to that.

Besides, after getting some Strike Suit Zero rewards today, I'm going back to playing Bound By Flame, which I very much enjoy so far anyway, even if your ally AI is dumb as a brick most of the time.

Deques

corrosivefrost: Played for an hour, did not complete game with either ending, 6/14 achievements
Volcynika: Played for 20 minutes, got through three quarters of the game
Blade: Played to the completion of the bad end, 5.6 hours. Get the good ending, dude!
RionaaM: Attempted to idle for cards, failed because the game doesn't drop cards

It's a free game! You don't need to pay anything! You can finish it in one sitting!

You forgot me! Oh wait... we are not steam buddies :/

Anyway, I got to the bad ending.. It's probably enough for me

I'm not sure, but have you tried going into Control Panel and erasing the controller profile? Replugging it in after should create a new profile, hopefully with Player 1 as default.

But before you do that, check the settings. May be a simple issue there.

Just Steam settings? I went in there but to my untrained eye I wasn't able to see anything crazy or out of place. I really don't know what I'm looking for though.

Do you have anything else that could be detected as a gamepad? If you have the SCP DS3 Service running for making your DS3/DS4 work with your PC, your xbox 360 controller will always be 2nd as long as that service is running.

Nope, don't have anything except for my 360 controller. It's a wireless controller running through a receiver I bought on Amazon on recommendation from somebody in this thread a few months ago.

Honestly, I don't PC game much so I don't really know much about advanced stuff/anything beyond the basics so spell it out like I'm a five year old and I'll be happy haha.

Tried the yolo swag for playfire, nope.

Dkc0EIO.jpg

Same here, I somehow managed to reach that same point at 77%, but then I lost interest in finding out what comes next, as I have other games that are waiting that are equally worth my time.

I have finished VVVVVV that has some pretty much hard levels too, but overall I enjoyed that much more than You have to win the game; not saying that is a bad game, on the contrary, but I don't know whether I will bother to finish the game.

Tizoc

Same here, I somehow managed to reach that same point at 77%, but then I lost interest in finding out what comes next, as I have other games that are waiting that are equally worth my time.

I have finished VVVVVV that has some pretty much hard levels too, but overall I enjoyed that much more than You have to win the game; not saying that is a bad game, on the contrary, but I don't know whether I will bother to finish the game.

After that segment comes the End game, or the last few screens and then the end of the game.

StAidan

As for You Have to Win the Game, I did all the achievements except #yolo, which I'll probably attempt some time this week. I died 3 times in my combined cat mode/speedrun attempt, they were totally avoidable deaths though (that 4-prawn section at the end isn't too bad, actually -- dire crab gave me a lot more trouble for some reason).

Daily Assassin's Creed Liberation HD 33% off
I'm really interested in buying this game but I have a question here for anyone who has finished it, in the PS Vita version of the game, there is an annoying maze-ball puzzle where you have to rotate a maze to move the ball along it and get it to the other end, it was ridiculously difficult on the PS Vita because it used the gyroscope thing that the vita has and urgh it was terrriibble.

How does that work on the PC version? and how difficult is it?

MUnited83

For you.
I'm really interested in buying this game but I have a question here for anyone who has finished it, in the PS Vita version of the game, there is an annoying maze-ball puzzle where you have to rotate a maze to move the ball along it and get it to the other end, it was ridiculously difficult on the PS Vita because it used the gyroscope thing that the vita has and urgh it was terrriibble.

How does that work on the PC version? and how difficult is it?

There is no puzzle at all. HD version basically fixed most annoying things that were on the Vita version.

After that segment comes the End game, or the last few screens and then the end of the game.

Yeah, since I am aware that I am almost there - I watched a Youtube video with a 100% completion
and I know there's a bad ending and that afterwards there's another nightmarish room that put me off
- so I feel too little motivation to sink too much time into that segment; I tried a few times, then I felt it was just not worth it and started playing The last express and Kingdom rush instead.

There is no puzzle at all. HD version basically fixed most annoying this that were on the Vita version.
There is a god!
It took me AND my brother about 45m just constantly trying to rotate that damn thing, argh it was so unresponsive and annoying!

Will definitely pick it up now that I know that next time it's on sale(no $$ atm, but thanks for answering my question <3)

corrosivefrost: Played for an hour, did not complete game with either ending, 6/14 achievements
Volcynika: Played for 20 minutes, got through three quarters of the game
Blade: Played to the completion of the bad end, 5.6 hours. Get the good ending, dude!

Thank you to you or whoever first posted about it in this thread a few days ago.

I absolutely love the game. I can't believe it's free. It's better than a lot of games I've paid for.

Haven't put that much time into it yet, but what I did play was pure magic. Really took me back to PC gaming in the '80s.

kna96oO.jpg

No regrets. I've payed for games I've had less fun with than this.

Skyzard

Banned
Max Payne 3 is really fun, picked it up recently in some sale. Great buy. I like how the settings are bit more interesting now than before too. Bullet play still holds up for me (for what I want from it).

Just Steam settings? I went in there but to my untrained eye I wasn't able to see anything crazy or out of place. I really don't know what I'm looking for though.
No, Windows Control Panel, and then the settings for your 360 pad.

Edit: My bad. I'm only assuming you're on Windows. But even if you're on something else, the same type of advice should apply.

Nabs

Max Payne 3 is really fun, picked it up recently in some sale. Great buy. I like how the settings are bit more interesting now than before too. Bullet play still holds up for me (for what I want from it).

MP3 is a fun time. It also has really nice kb/m controls if that's your thing.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Going to have to buy YHTWTG now so I can make it to Stump's Name-And-Fame follow-up post

Anteater

i just started playing deus ex human revolution, i knocked everyone out, is there a penalty to that or can I just play it that way :p?

I played through Gone Home last night.

I almost choked up at the end.
Not that it was particularly sad, but I was so taken in by the character and her journey that I felt a strong rush of sympathy and excitement for her.

Beautiful way to do storytelling.

i just started playing deus ex human revolution, i knocked everyone out, is there a penalty to that or can I just play it that way :p?
You can play it that way.
Only downside is that, IIRC anyway, Ghosting will give you more XP than killing everyone will.

Btw, get a revolver as soon as possible, there's an awesome weapons mod for it, I won't tell you what it is, but just hold onto a revolver, very awesome weapon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom