• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I played Civilization III/IV for hundreds of hours across the years but I have put maybe 10 hours into Civilization V. Really need to fix that. Had a game where friends kept randomly turning on me and I just got stressed, lol. Plus I play so many other things that like with mmos I couldn't give it my full attention.

Li Kao

That's why once I start a game I always try to finish unless I'm just not having any fun at all. Going back to a game months after playing it is surprisingly difficult, and though I can and have managed to do it before, I prefer just restarting the game.

I "paused' Far Cry 3 after the first island. Fully emptied of collectible. No way in hell I restart (even if my OCD is throwing a fuss here).

Goddard

Yeah. Enhanced Steam adds the functionality to the page if you're still having trouble.

It worked, turns out the fees are just pretty high on my card, I got away with spending like 12.40. Is it possible to put in less than 5?

EDIT: Nope.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I see there's no option to buy the Blade Symphony OST separately. As with Broken Age, I wouldn't have bought the game early on if I knew I'd be asked to buy it again in order to receive the OST.

Edit: Oh, the OST isn't DLC. I can go back to not caring. :p

Nabs

I see there's no option to buy the Blade Symphony OST separately. As with Broken Age, I wouldn't have bought the game early on if I knew I'd be asked to buy it again in order to receive the OST.

Edit: Oh, the OST isn't DLC. I can go back to not caring. :p

They say they'll put it up for sale separately soon.

JaseC

They say they'll put it up for sale separately soon.

Ah. Hopefully the DLC app is added to the current store subs, but I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't since they already include the actual data.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I "paused' Far Cry 3 after the first island. Fully emptied of collectible. No way in hell I restart (even if my OCD is throwing a fuss here).

If I ever play a collectathon like Far Cry 3 or slightly more recently Asscreed IV, for example, I always just plow through that game just because I don't want to deal with pausing my progress. With AC IV I just played it nonstop whenever I could getting all of the collectables before finishing up the game around a week after it launched. There's no way I would have been able to stop playing it, especially knowing that if I had I wouldn't have had the motivation to pick it back up months later without completely restarting to understand what exactly was going on with the plot.

Caerith

How do you browse for games on the steam store effectively? I keep getting locked into the most popular stuff.

By "browse" you mean to find things you might not have heard about but would be interested in perhaps trying? I mostly avoid the store itself:
  • I have Steam News on my RSS feed, so I get an announcement when a new game is released. If the description and screenshots interest me, I add it to my wishlist.
  • I added a ton of people to my Steam Friends list, then watch my community feed to see what they're playing. Interesting screenshots and/or reviews can tip me off to something I might be into.
  • I follow this thread and the recommendations of other gaffers. You might supplement with the indie thread.
  • I watch Quick Looks on Giant Bomb. Seeing other people play stuff is a good way to tell if you'd like to play it too.
So, mostly I just use my wishlist to bookmark stuff. The store itself is getting better with tags, but it's still clunky as hell and the search function is worthless.

donny2112

That seems to happen a lot. Don't wait till the last second next time.

Don't wait until the last day. Finished one 15 hours before the deadline, and it took 17 hours to update the Playfire site. *grumbles*

Edit:
I think it didn't update until the next time I logged into Steam. Stayed up late to get an achievement "with lots of time to spare" (or so I thought), went to bed, had a normal day, logged on again later that night, and that's when it finally updated Playfire. Ughhh!

I'm still trying to figure out the fastest path through NG+ to NG++ in Dark Souls 2.

Something like...

Forest of Fallen Giants > Lost Bastille > Sinners Rise > Castle Drangleic > Shrine of Amana > Castle Drangelic ... would that work? Can you skip getting the Ashen Mist Heart?

C'mon man, spoiler tag that.

Really? If you say so.

Shade

Good luck!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Kings Bounty The Legend -- MB-0C140FBEDDD24784 - Taken by factorone. 5 entrants total.
Majesty 2 -- MB-F746713428D084D2 - Taken by oipic. 12 entrants total.
Fantasy Wars -- MB-84C0C9DA721976B3 - Taken by Volimar. 3 entrants total.
Necrovision -- MB-2005AB71594AA6F9 - Taken by $h@d0w. 11 entrants total.
caster -- MB-606172B26B04CEDB - Taken by bobnowhere. 4 entrants total.
Avadon Cogs Snuggle Truck and Zen Bound 2 -- MB-A50694B627168B6E - Taken by PossumMeat. 4 entrants total.

t1399874796z1.png

nbraun80

Quick question guys, has anyone played Post Master? If so any good? I'm kinda in the mood for a light sim game like Game Dev Tycoon and it looked interesting. Also any other game suggestions for these types of games are always welcome.

I know Serious Sam isn't cool, but does anyone know why the first HD remake doesn't think I'm logged into Steam? I'm not in offline mode and Steam isn't down so I'm out of ideas.

I was browsing my games again and thought (again) that how ridiculous it is that every other Monkey Island is on Steam except 3(and 4 but who cares aboutthat ^^)

JaseC

I know Serious Sam isn't cool, but does anyone know why the first HD remake doesn't think I'm logged into Steam? I'm not in offline mode and Steam isn't down so I'm out of ideas.

You're not using the app id trick to idle in one game while actually playing another, are you? This breaks Steamworks integration in the game you've elected to play since as far as Steam is concerned you're actually in something else.

You're not using the app id trick to idle in one game while actually playing another, are you? This breaks Steamworks integration in the game you've elected to play since as far as Steam is concerned you're actually in something else.

Nope, I'm running the actual game. I'm trying to grab that achievement for drowning an enemy real quick for Playfire money.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I've been play DS2 as a hollow for 15 hours, I dare not use any of my effigies.

But you can still get invaded as a hollow in DS2 (I never got invaded as a hollow or human on both my characters, except in the belfry)

Grief.exe

I'm still trying to figure out the fastest path through NG+ to NG++ in Dark Souls 2.

Something like...

Forest of Fallen Giants > Lost Bastille > Sinners Rise > Castle Drangleic > Shrine of Amana > Castle Drangelic ... would that work? Can you skip getting the Ashen Mist Heart?

You need the Giant's Kinship to get into the Throne of Want, so you need the Ashen Mist Heart.

You can just run through Dragon Aerie, skipping all the Drakes and grab it real quick, then only do the Giant Memory that contains the Giant Lord.

If you follow the history, the lore explains this. Nashandra convinces Vendrick to attack the giants and steal the Throne of Want. Vendrick catches on to her trickery sometime before his hollowing and sets up the King's Gates to stop her from getting to his brother Aldia and into the Shrine of Amana. Nashandra can't get past the Mirror Knight, Velstadt, or the Throne Watcher/Defender so sets up the Shrine of Winter to allow a powerful undead through to take on these challenges for her.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
okay so at some point I bought Ninja Blade from GMG

can anyone who has played it give me a good reason I shouldn't just trade it in? I played it through the tutorial area through the first boss and absolutely hated the way it feels.

Does it magically get better at some point, or should I just toss it?

Hope everyone else gets Wolfenstein for 45 dollars on GMG before the deal ends in 11 hours given it's clearly going to be the best FPS ever.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Hope everyone else gets Wolfenstein for 45 dollars on GMG before the deal ends in 11 hours given it's clearly going to be the best FPS ever.

I'll buy it for 4.5 dollars

Actually that's not true, I'd buy it for 15 (the old 75% off)

Grief.exe

I certainly hope they can deliver, but I will play the wait and see on that one. I still have very good FPS games to play from 2013 anyways.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
okay so at some point I bought Ninja Blade from GMG

can anyone who has played it give me a good reason I shouldn't just trade it in? I played it through the tutorial area through the first boss and absolutely hated the way it feels.

Does it magically get better at some point, or should I just toss it?

I played through longer than that but never beat it. Since it's not on Steam and only installed through capsule, I totally forgot I have it.

I'm gonna go with 'no it doesn't get better.'

If it makes you feel better, you probably got it for free when they were giving it away rather than bought it.

I certainly hope they can deliver, but I will play the wait and see on that one. I still have very good FPS games to play from 2013 anyways.

I'd normally do the same but I really feel the need to support the game given it's such a large single player focused package. Of course, the main appeal is that Machine Games is made up of most of the big Starbreeze people behind Chronicles of Riddick and the first Darkness game which are two of the most creative FPS games out there. Really high hopes.

Nabs

I played through longer than that but never beat it. Since it's not on Steam and only installed through capsule, I totally forgot I have it.

I'm gonna go with 'no it doesn't get better.'

If it makes you feel better, you probably got it for free when they were giving it away rather than bought it.

I beat it. It doesn't get better. You end up facing a lot of the same bosses, and dealing with more on-rail turret sequences. Also the 60fps toggle messed up the jumping physics on my end. I don't know if it's a widespread problem, but it had me thinking I was terrible at the game.

But you can still get invaded as a hollow in DS2 (I never got invaded as a hollow or human on both my characters, except in the belfry)
I've just banished my first invader! First one ever!

He's equipment is much better than mine, but I won!

WOOHOO! 480000 souls!

Nabs

I've just banished my first invader! First one ever!

He's equipment is much better than mine, but I won!

WOOHOO! 480000 souls!

lol. I would have been so pissed if that happened to me. I'm all about that jolly co-op, and getting half a mill would have ruined that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom