• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol. I would have been so pissed if that happened to me. I'm all about that jolly co-op, and getting half a mill would have ruined that.
I feel like someone else is playing(read: messing with) that person's account, otherwise I stand no chance against that.

Sell me on it.

What is the hook for the game that elevates it above running around and shooting things?

Starbreeze really excelled at creating interesting hub worlds and character interactions(ie, watching a film with your girlfriend Jenny in the Darkness) between the action and Wolfenstein seems to work towards creating similar moments although there is no hub system.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geJoJjOAVfE
For example, in one of the first videos released for the game they have this rather tense moment where you're asked to take a little quiz and at any point you can attempt to just grab the gun instead. Similar results from what I've seen but these little moments seem to be interspersed throughout and I'm really looking forward to what they do with them.

And hell, running around and shooting things can be great fun and the game seems to have some of the best and most visually satisfying gunplay I've seen in a game. Destructible cover, full body gibs(including blood which sprays on you), the ability to dual wield nearly every gun in the game and so on really make it seem like it'll be a blast.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I feel like someone else is playing(read: messing with) that person's account, otherwise I stand no chance against that.

Dude it's not like gear buffs you like this is wow, just saying

has anyone played Blackguards? I spent some time with it this afternoon and I was surprised by how much I liked it. Nice mix of grid-based and environmental combat, with a ton of skill and stat manipulation.

Second invader, 340000 souls, I need a high five over the internet.
iDEIU6q3vcZJj.gif

I've been Belling it up to grind it out for the spell. It's been a blast, but when the opportunity to be a bastard comes up I take it every time. Don't even feel the least bit guilty, I'm here for one reason only; you shall not pass!

Dude it's not like gear buffs you like this is wow, just saying
I was at level 54, and my +4 bastard sword is dealing very little damage, I relied entirely on back stabs, that guy got some weird lightning storm stuff.
http://i.minus.com/iDEIU6q3vcZJj.gif[img]

I've been Belling it up to grind it out for the spell. It's been a blast, but when the opportunity to be a bastard comes up I take it every time. Don't even feel the least bit guilty, I'm here for one reason only; you shall not pass![/QUOTE]
Thank you, I got my second invader by hiding and backstabed him when he's swapping his gear.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Gonna be pissed if the indie royale bonus isn't cognition ep4

I now have 1,2 and 3 unused codes because I want all 4 or none, I'd rather just get the steam bundle when it's on sale

DogMeat77

Picked up Space Engineers from GMG and Strike Suit Zero from HB for some Oculus space action.

I've been resisting Space Engineers but it just looks like too much fun.

has anyone played Blackguards? I spent some time with it this afternoon and I was surprised by how much I liked it. Nice mix of grid-based and environmental combat, with a ton of skill and stat manipulation.

I really like it, huge choice in builds, unique environments and interesting characters. Though due to poor save game management on my part and a couple of really annoying gameplay choices on the part of the devs, I'm completely stuck at a point in chapter 2.

lol. I would have been so pissed if that happened to me. I'm all about that jolly co-op, and getting half a mill would have ruined that.

How? You're not forced to use it to level up. The amount of souls you have doesn't affect "jolly co-op" ... and even so, you can still get summoned via white soapstone easily enough -- I just have trouble getting summoned as a bell bro because I'm so high... but I don't need that anyway.

Gonna be pissed if the indie royale bonus isn't cognition ep4

I now have 1,2 and 3 unused codes because I want all 4 or none, I'd rather just get the steam bundle when it's on sale

I'd be happy to take that 1 and 2 off you if it's not episode 4 as the bonus. ;)

Nice. I would like to think he is now making an angry thread about people not playing online in the right way.

I hope so. I hate it when these guys show up and just scum it up in any way possible to get their kill... and I've been plagued by the damned blue arbiters lately. I'm not even sure what makes me "guilty".

You need the Giant's Kinship to get into the Throne of Want, so you need the Ashen Mist Heart.

You can just run through Dragon Aerie, skipping all the Drakes and grab it real quick, then only do the Giant Memory that contains the Giant Lord.

If you follow the history, the lore explains this. Nashandra convinces Vendrick to attack the giants and steal the Throne of Want. Vendrick catches on to her trickery sometime before his hollowing and sets up the King's Gates to stop her from getting to his brother Aldia and into the Shrine of Amana. Nashandra can't get past the Mirror Knight, Velstadt, or the Throne Watcher/Defender so sets up the Shrine of Winter to allow a powerful undead through to take on these challenges for her.

Ah, balls.
But a lot of that makes sense... I didn't quite catch some of those things during my playthrough. Thanks for the clarity.

I haven't been invaded ever :(, but I'm playing hollow 99% of the time.

This isn't Dark Souls... humanity only affects your ability to use blue/red invading orbs or your ability to see summon signs for help.

I really like it, huge choice in builds, unique environments and interesting characters. Though due to poor save game management on my part and a couple of really annoying gameplay choices on the part of the devs, I'm completely stuck at a point in chapter 2.

I started it for the playfire rewards... and I was surprised by how much I liked it even though it uses some grid based combat. It's on the backburner at the moment, but I have it in my #FINISH category.

mannerbot

How? You're not forced to use it to level up. The amount of souls you have doesn't affect "jolly co-op" ... and even so, you can still get summoned via white soapstone easily enough -- I just have trouble getting summoned as a bell bro because I'm so high... but I don't need that anyway.

I have no interest in co-op but Soul Memory goes off of souls that you've received, not spent. So yes, getting a ton of souls from killing an invading hacker would make it effectively make it impossible for you to co-op even if you don't use them at all.

Knurek

Restarted my Half-Life 2 playthrough, wrapped up Highway 17 during the weekend. Went smoother than I expected, maybe I'm slowly beginning to 'get' the cinematic FPS genre?

Also, despite people's claims, playing from SSD does make for an improvement (even without having the OS installed on SSD).
Loading time between zones are ~5 times shorter, no stuttering while quicksaving, quickloading being pretty much instantaneous...
10/10 would buy again (prolly 128GB version, but buy nevertheless).

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Restarted my Half-Life 2 playthrough, wrapped up Highway 17 during the weekend. Went smoother than I expected, maybe I'm slowly beginning to 'get' the cinematic FPS genre?

Also, despite people's claims, playing from SSD does make for an improvement (even without having the OS installed on SSD).
Loading time between zones are ~5 times shorter, no stuttering while quicksaving, quickloading being pretty much instantaneous...
10/10 would buy again (prolly 128GB version, but buy nevertheless).

I say this any time anyone even looks like they're mentioning HL2, but think about giving the game a try with no reticule, no hud, and max difficulty.

Relax.MX

Backlog -1 :) :

Space Marine: Warhammer 40,000: Its a fun game. a little monotonous and sometimes feels like a miss opportunity to a deeper gameplay but i guess is a good old school mindless fun. But still I liked more Red Faction Armageddon (i miss THQ :( ).

Phinor

Double buffer Vsync is why

Isn't it weird how companies and engineers spend years to create games, put the PC version full of different settings and then drop the ball on something as simple as vsync making the game experience horrible for a lot of people. There's always that one thing that has to be fixed with 3rd party stuff. Typically either vsync or FXAA related (FXAA, because so many games have terrible implementation of FXAA destroying the image quality completely).

Arthea

I've played some of Serious Sam, mostly 2. It's not that bad actually, but I couldn't stick to it and finish.
Those flying skeletons, OMG, I barely can follow movements of one or two they are so fast and when there are lots of them? Painful, really painful (><)

Damn those
Ruin Sentinels
on
The Lost Bastille

Specially because to get to them you have to go through a dozen soldiers in a small room.

Bleh, the Borderlands 2 DLC has fixed level requirements. Sir Hammerlock's, which is one of the DLC's I haven't played, is set at level 30. I was having fun re-playing through the game with Krieg but I can't just plow through all of the DLC and am basically forced to do the entire campaign once. if I stick to using Krieg anyways. You finish the campaign at level 34 if you do pretty much everything. I enjoyed Borderlands 2 but I've got a character in every class, with 2 up to the old level 50 cap. I've already played through the main campaign enough times. I'm at Thousand Cuts, so I should just suck it up and hammer through the rest of it. I just need to be a high enough level to play through Tiny's Tina and Sir Hammerlock's DLC.

Cubituss

Neo Member
In the midst of Steam madness - if you guys haven't checked out indie hit Anomaly: Warzone Earth yet, it is up for grabs (for free) at www.gamesrepublic.com. All you need to do is register with the service (which is 11 bit studios' digi platform).

Damn those
Ruin Sentinels
on
The Lost Bastille

Specially because to get to them you have to go through a dozen soldiers in a small room.

Get used to this. Quite a few boss fights in the game have a gauntlet before them. This particular boss fight is one of the better ones in the game IMO.

didamangi

Damn those
Ruin Sentinels
on
The Lost Bastille

You can
run past them and climb the stair in the bottom floor
if you want to go to the boss
without fighting
;)

Also,
mace wrecks those sentinels
pretty good.

-MD-

Damn those
Ruin Sentinels
on
The Lost Bastille

That room is actually really easy to get through, if you shoot an arrow at the first dude you see through the door 2 of them will walk out.

After they're dead walk into the door and walk back out, 4 more guys will come outside, just take them out on the little narrow path in front of the door like the first 2 guys.

Damn, something is wrong with my steam client. Yesterday I thought the problem was fixed by deleting the httpcache folder, but as soon as I restart the client some icons disappear again....

Any ideas what could be the problem here?

steam248knz.jpg

wetflame

Pizza Dog
And now comes the name-and-shame. 12 people on my friends list from GAF have added the game to their account.
wetflame: Played for 50 minutes, 10-15% completion

I had to stop playing this early because some friends came over, but I actually quite enjoyed it. Will definitely try finishing it off next chance I get. Looks like I made some slow progress, ha.

Arthea

greenlight can be highly educational at times, today I've learnt that there is Australian football (and I always thought that it was rugby)

didamangi

Damn, something is wrong with my steam client. Yesterday I thought the problem was fixed by deleting the httpcache folder, but as soon as I restart the client some icons disappear again....

Any ideas what could be the problem here?

steam248knz.jpg

You can slap on a custom grid view image for those icons, do it once and it'll never disappear again and load much faster.

Knurek

greenlight can be highly educational at times, today I've learnt that there is Australian football (and I always thought that it was rugby)

Basically, rugby is the Aussie rules footy for pussies.

Also, why haven't the gaming press picked up the recent changes to Steam store page? I'd say not featuring new releases, focusing instead on bestsellers would generate some outrage, especially from indie devs.

Arthea

Basically, rugby is the Aussie rules footy for pussies.

Also, why haven't the gaming press picked up the recent changes to Steam store page? I'd say not featuring new releases, focusing instead on bestsellers would generate some outrage, especially from indie devs.

lol

I personally tried to generate some, didn't work, as if nobody cares. (._.)

You can slap on a custom grid view image for those icons, do it once and it'll never disappear again and load much faster.

Guess I'll have to do that. But strange, if I delete the httpcache folder the icons reappear but just untill I scroll down or minimize the window.

Yakkue

With Final Fantasy III coming to Steam, how would you rate the chance for other JRPG classics to be ported?

I'd love to play a Dragon Quest game on a bigger Screen than my 3DS LL again (even tough I really enjoy them on there), but would also like to see titles like Chrono Trigger, Valkyrie Profile, Xenogears, Suikoden, other Final Fanatsy titles, etc.

On another note: Is there any way to play FF VII / VIII in japanese on steam?

Volimar

With Final Fantasy III coming to Steam, how would you rate the chance for other JRPG classics to be ported?

I'd love to play a Dragon Quest game on a bigger Screen than my 3DS LL again (even tough I really enjoy them on there), but would also like to see titles like Chrono Trigger, Valkyrie Profile, Xenogears, Suikoden, other Final Fanatsy titles, etc.

On another note: Is there any way to play FF VII / VIII in japanese on steam?

I

WANT

FIRE

EMBLEM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom