• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get used to this. Quite a few boss fights in the game have a gauntlet before them. This particular boss fight is one of the better ones in the game IMO.

You can
run past them and climb the stair in the bottom floor
if you want to go to the boss
without fighting
;)

Also,
mace wrecks those sentinels
pretty good.

That room is actually really easy to get through, if you shoot an arrow at the first dude you see through the door 2 of them will walk out.

After they're dead walk into the door and walk back out, 4 more guys will come outside, just take them out on the little narrow path in front of the door like the first 2 guys.

Thanks guys, will try with arrows,
last time I used fire bombs, they go out all together so a couple or three fire bombs dropped their health to a point where a few bastard sword swings took care of enough of them to manage the rest

Arthea

With Final Fantasy III coming to Steam, how would you rate the chance for other JRPG classics to be ported?

I'd love to play a Dragon Quest game on a bigger Screen than my 3DS LL again (even tough I really enjoy them on there), but would also like to see titles like Chrono Trigger, Valkyrie Profile, Xenogears, Suikoden, other Final Fanatsy titles, etc.

On another note: Is there any way to play FF VII / VIII in japanese on steam?

I really want all Falcom PC games on steam, translated of course.
Dragon Quest would be nice to have, remake of DQ7 perhaps. Unlikely I'll play it again as it is an extremely long game but still.
Now, Suikoden series on PC would be amazing, not gonna happen, but I wish it would.
Also as I said earlier I would buy iOS ports of SE games like dimentions or twewy and all FFs of course.
Fire Emblem series would do great on PC too, I think, not happening too.

That is the furthest of the furthest chance that will ever come to Steam.

Unfortunately true, probably same chances as Suikoden coming to steam - 0

Corpekata

Banned
With Final Fantasy III coming to Steam, how would you rate the chance for other JRPG classics to be ported?

I'd love to play a Dragon Quest game on a bigger Screen than my 3DS LL again (even tough I really enjoy them on there), but would also like to see titles like Chrono Trigger, Valkyrie Profile, Xenogears, Suikoden, other Final Fanatsy titles, etc.

On another note: Is there any way to play FF VII / VIII in japanese on steam?

If they have an iOS or previous PC version : 50/50

Everything else? Probably not much chance.

Yakkue

Since there is no voice acting in those games, why would you want to play them in Japanese?

Because I want to play the original. I'm really glad for translations when I can't understand the source material, but I prefer the original version when I do know the language.

Dambrosi

Banned
Right, just bought Doom 3/Res o' Ebils pack-in and Doom Complete Pack, cost me less than a Big Mac Meal. I heard it's the better choice over BMG Edition too because of mods, is this true, and if so, can some kind GAffer point me in the right direction? Thanks.

Arthea

Right, just bought Doom 3/Res o' Ebils pack-in and Doom Complete Pack, cost me less than a Big Mac Meal. I heard it's the better choice over BMG Edition too because of mods, is this true, and if so, can some kind GAffer point me in the right direction? Thanks.

What's the point of buying both? I thought Doom 3 BFG already included all DooM games, but I've seen a lot of people from my fl buying both packs.

Dambrosi

Banned
What's the point of buying both? I thought Doom 3 BFG already included all DooM games, but I've seen a lot of people from my fl buying both packs.
DOOM 3 BFG Edition = £4.99

Doom 3 + Resurrection Of Evil = £1.99
Doom Complete Pack = £2.49
Total = £4.48

That, along with the BMG Edition not being moddable, is your answer.

Tizoc

Killer is Dead pre-order discount will last until the 23rd of May
Seems they fixed that on the game's store page, so if you're saving up Gaben Dollars or whatever towards it, you should have enough time by then to grab it.

didamangi

Seems they fixed that on the game's store page, so if you're saving up Gaben Dollars or whatever towards it, you should have enough time by then to grab it.

Was hoping this will show up on GMG but looks like it won't, just like Transistor :(

Deques

fRUUhal.jpg

My part is done.

Edit: I dont know what this game is about

Tizoc

One little tidbit about that Nightmare Edition will feature the bonus DLC mission, the order of playing should go like this:
Episode 1-5
Episode 5.1 (Bonus mission)
Episode 6+

Alternatively you can save 5.1 for after you beat the final boss since it doesn't directly tie in to the main plot.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Damn, something is wrong with my steam client. Yesterday I thought the problem was fixed by deleting the httpcache folder, but as soon as I restart the client some icons disappear again....

Any ideas what could be the problem here?

steam248knz.jpg

It's a retrieval issue. Grid View images are supposed to use the very same header images as you see on store pages, but if Steam can't retrieve the header image in particular then it falls back to the icon. For example, here's Cart Life:

Code:
Success! http://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/233390/header.jpg
Response for /steam/apps/233390/header.jpg can be cached? Yes.
Computed freshness lifetime for /steam/apps/233390/header.jpg is 600

[IMG]http://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/233390/header.jpg[/IMG]

But in my case Steam isn't receiving Captain Morgane's header image, so it defaults to the icon instead:

Code:
Success! http://media.steampowered.com/steamcommunity/public/images/apps/264320/d205863961b34e1b82ee1fcdabd63f0a3ee69bb8.jpg
Response for /steamcommunity/public/images/apps/264320/d205863961b34e1b82ee1fcdabd63f0a3ee69bb8.jpg can be cached? Yes.
Computed freshness lifetime for /steamcommunity/public/images/apps/264320/d205863961b34e1b82ee1fcdabd63f0a3ee69bb8.jpg is 315360000

[IMG]http://media.steampowered.com/steamcommunity/public/images/apps/264320/d205863961b34e1b82ee1fcdabd63f0a3ee69bb8.jpg[/IMG]

Edit: I should note that I'm getting the header/Grid View images for all the games you're not.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
One little tidbit about that Nightmare Edition will feature the bonus DLC mission, the order of playing should go like this:
Episode 1-5
Episode 5.1 (Bonus mission)
Episode 6+

Alternatively you can save 5.1 for after you beat the final boss since it doesn't directly tie in to the main plot.

It kind of does but doesn't... I say people play Episode 5.1 (or 66 or whatever) after episode 5, as while it's not TERRIBLY important, there are a few things in the story that makes that chapter happen logically at that point and helps bridge together a few things.

Tizoc

I swear too many games to play come late May. Thankfully KiD isn't a long burn and can be a good 'take a break' game from Transistor for me at least, since I know how to navigate through the game and enemy/boss patterns.
Might not bother with the $10(0?),000,000 Cheevo though since that was a boring grind.

Dr Dogg

No no, the old ones :) I promised I would pley these, SS2, and Deus Ex in this thread. So I will!

Phew that's good then. Love to hear your thoughts on them even if you've played them all before. Whether it's your 1st or 100th time Deus Ex still makes for an interesting playthrough (especially if you try breaking out of the map). System Shock 2 does lose a little of the wow factor when you know how it plays out but trying a different approach can make for a great challenge or stuff yourself up. Thief isn't my fav of the 3 though I do like Thief II: The Metal Age due to how open everything was.

fRUUhal.jpg

My part is done.

Edit: I dont know what this game is about

Don't worry I played pretty much all but the last mission and the bonus stuff and I still don't know what it's about either :p

Still bought it though as a tear free and 60fps experience is something this game would benefit from in the looks department immensely.

Tizoc

Don't worry I played pretty much all but the last mission and the bonus stuff and I still don't know what it's about either :p

Still bought it though as a tear free and 60fps experience is something this game would benefit from in the looks department immensely.

It is a game about Love, Destiny, Loyalty and Love.

Dusk Golem

Killer is Dead has one of those stories you will probably not understand the first time you beat it, and specific details that you can easily miss make all the difference
like figuring out you're not playing as Mondo in the prologue chapter, as an example.
The story goes a lot into mythology and other things of the sort. Apparently this nightmare edition will have a lore thing to help explain some things of the story, however.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Kinda.

Bastion was published by WB, Transistor is self publish by Supergiant Games, so yeah.

My bad, thought Bastion was self published by them as well.

Damn, something is wrong with my steam client. Yesterday I thought the problem was fixed by deleting the httpcache folder, but as soon as I restart the client some icons disappear again....

Any ideas what could be the problem here?

steam248knz.jpg

Hmm, I have disappeared icons for games that we both own (Batman AC, Morrowind, Fez). I also own Skyrim, FTL, Dishonored, Deus Ex, Guacamelee and Batman AA and the icons are still there for these games. Most definitely, the problem lies to the static content server if we are getting the same disappeared icons. Also for some reason each time I boot up Steam or add a new game to my library more icons start to disappear

Tizoc

Killer is Dead has one of those stories you will probably not understand the first time you beat it, and specific details that you can easily miss make all the difference
like figuring out you're not playing as Mondo in the prologue chapter, as an example.
The story goes a lot into mythology and other things of the sort. Apparently this nightmare edition will have a lore thing to help explain some things of the story, however.

Killer is Dead's story is like a Grant Morrison book, it all makes more sense when you re-read it/re-play/re-experience it.

Arthea

I'll wait till summer sale... probably
Only game I plan to play from all released in May, is 100% Orange Juice, anyway.
So others can wait.

BTW are Transistor and Killer is dead region locked?

edited: I remember somebody posting in this thread that 25% coupon and playfire credit together doesn't work anymore. Is it true? I mean for all games or was it one time occurrence?

Dr Dogg

It is a game about Love, Destiny, Loyalty and Love.

Hahaha that sounds like the blurb from a Jackie Collins novel.

I loved the fact that all the prerelease trailers were playing up to a more dark and serious game but after the opening 2 two missions it goes waaaaaaaaaay different (I won't spoil it as it's worth experiencing the tonal shift firsthand). Granted the moment Nigri was signed on for the marketing and those KiDTV promos everyone should have guessed.

I'd have loved some extras or DLC though as the soundtrack was great (goes without saying for Akira Yamaoka) and the artbook that came with early copies is a bit threadbare.

Deques

Only game I plan to play from all released in May, is 100% Orange Juice, anyway.
So others can wait.

edited: I remember somebody posting in this thread that 25% coupon and playfire credit together doesn't work anymore. Is it true? I mean for all games or was it one time occurrence?

I got Killer is Dead from a trader, so it's not region locked. Dunno about Transistor, but I guess it's not locked either since it's not published by greedy publishers

Yeah, happened to me a few times, have you tried using the beta client?

Thanks, works with the beta client.

My bad, thought Bastion was self published by them as well.

Hmm, I have disappeared icons for games that we both own (Batman AC, Morrowind, Fez). I also own Skyrim, FTL, Dishonored, Deus Ex, Guacamelee and Batman AA and the icons are still there for these games. Most definitely, the problem lies to the static content server if we are getting the same disappeared icons. Also for some reason each time I boot up Steam or add a new game to my library more icons start to disappear

Yeah looks like we have the same issue. Beta client worked for me (for now at least).

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So others can wait.

No and no. I don't expect the latter to last, though, being a Deep Silver game.

Yes:

The voucher you have applied cannot be used in conjunction with GMG Credit.
If you would prefer to use GMG Credit, please remove the vouchers.

Milamber

Here goes double temptation (><)

That sorta kills all purpose of playfire for me, as my playfire earnings are small, unless rewards still work with 20% coupon. Do they?

Playfire rewards works with the 20% off coupons at the time. Not sure if they are gonna change it now.

Zafir

I'm half expecting deep silver to swap over to a region locked sub. Seems so weird that they'd decide to not region lock it after region locking every other game they've published recently.

Dusk Golem

Back to saving up Trading Card money so I can definitely make sure to get The Forest and Killer is Dead this month. Doing pretty well considering, though. Lizardus was also very kind of offer me Killer is Dead, but he doesn't need to if something comes up so saving up just in case. Currently at $13.33 of the total $33 goal (for both KiD and Forest).

Arthea

I'm half expecting deep silver to swap over to a region locked sub. Seems so weird that they'd decide to not region lock it after region locking every other game they've published recently.
That's why I'm considering buying it now and leaving Transistor for later.
Although I shouldn't, I bought like 50 games in the last month, and that's as insane as it gets. (><)
I blame all spring sales and Jasec, as usual, for my insanity, that is

Arthea

In case May release list is not enough

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Guacamelee! Gold Edition -- MB-139E9D9649AD2B18 - Taken by Li Kao. 1 entrants total.

t1399900538z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom