• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Basically, rugby is the Aussie rules footy for pussies.

Also, why haven't the gaming press picked up the recent changes to Steam store page? I'd say not featuring new releases, focusing instead on bestsellers would generate some outrage, especially from indie devs.

I dislike the best sellers being the main window now, I mean, you can always predict the bestsellers list as including dayZ, 2 new releases and 2-3 sale items. It would be nice if they gave you an option to pick which window to default to.

Tizoc

I was able to nab Transistor+Killer is Dead for 25 USD, so there are definitely deals out there.

I got Transistor for a little under $17 >_>;

EDIT:
New Playfire rewards are up!
http://blog.playfire.com/2014/05/mondays-rewards-12052014.html

1849 - play for the first time - £0.10
1849 - unlock Newcomer - £0.10
1849 - unlock Booze Baron - £0.25
1849 - unlock Civic Leader - £0.50
Al Emmo and the Lost Dutchman's Mine - play for the first time - £0.10
Al Emmo and the Lost Dutchman's Mine - unlock Voyeur - £0.10
Al Emmo and the Lost Dutchman's Mine - unlock Spin Doctor - £0.25
Al Emmo and the Lost Dutchman's Mine - unlock Completionist - £0.50
Ascendant - play for the first time - £0.10
Blade Symphony - play for the first time - £0.10
Chronology - play for the first time - £0.10
Descent: FreeSpace – The Great War - play for the first time - £0.10
Empress Of The Deep - play for the first time - £0.10
Empress Of The Deep 2: Song Of The Blue Whale - play for the first time - £0.10
Fistful of Frags - play for the first time - £0.10
Fistful of Frags - unlock Frag Robber - £0.10
Fistful of Frags - unlock Best Friends - £0.25
Fistful of Frags - unlock Overweighted - £0.50
Full Mojo Rampage - play for the first time - £0.10
Full Mojo Rampage - unlock The gold finder - £0.10
Full Mojo Rampage - unlock The tough guy - £0.25
Full Mojo Rampage - unlock The Houngan - £0.50
Iron Storm - play for the first time - £0.10
Lili: Child of Geos - play for the first time - £0.10
Lili: Child of Geos - unlock Unlocked all Doors - £0.10
Lili: Child of Geos - unlock Defeat 30 Spirits with a rating of 3 star - £0.25
Lili: Child of Geos - unlock Beat Monty 5 times - £0.50
Mana Crusher - play for the first time - £0.10
Rise of Prussia Gold - play for the first time - £0.10
Rover Rescue - play for the first time - £0.10
Supreme Ruler 1936 - play for the first time - £0.10
Tesla Effect: A Tex Murphy Adventure - play for the first time - £0.10
The Culling Of The Cows - play for the first time - £0.10
The Impossible Game - play for the first time - £0.10
The Impossible Game - unlock Level 1 - Fire Aura - Practice - £0.10
The Impossible Game - unlock 500 attempts - £0.25
The Impossible Game - unlock Level 2 - Chaoz Fantasy - No flags - £0.50
The Last Tinker™: City of Colors - play for the first time - £0.10
Theatre Of The Absurd - play for the first time - £0.10

Gonna aim for the Al Emmo rewards, more PnC goodness~

Tizoc

And now I wish I haven't played 1849 :(

Heh I've made it a habit to wait for Playfire rewards before ever playing any of my Steam games. Gives me time to finish up on backlogs and games I started before but haven't finished.

For that matter AScendant looks interesting, anyone have any more impressions from playing it?
http://store.steampowered.com/app/296930/

EDIT: OK I'm interested in Chronology too was it in a bundle by any chance?
http://store.steampowered.com/app/269330/

Arthea

in light of latest rumours, do we want Dragon Quest X on steam?

Al Emmo rewards seem tempting, but it goes against my resolve to finish some already started games without adding too many new. Decisions, decisions.

They also added rewards for Strike Suit Zero Director's Cut in the weekly H2H. That's pretty neat of them

Oh ya, forgot that Strike Suit Zero won. I should play it. They added some Spelunky rewards too.

saunderez

Another giveaway, a few spare keys I had left over after a bunch of bundle purchases. Lightning raffle this time so best of luck that to all that enter.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

SpaceChem -- MB-C0F48C6532D52095 - Taken by TerryLee81
SpaceChem:63 Corvi DLC -- MB-C051132809320115 - Taken by topyy. 1 entrants total.
Space Pirates and Zombies -- MB-39B734475BBD14F2 - Taken by Henry Swanson

t1399891628z1.png

Tizoc

in light of latest rumours, do we want Dragon Quest X on steam?

Al Emmo rewards seem tempting, but it goes against my resolve to finish some already started games without adding too many new. Decisions, decisions.

Oh ya, forgot that Strike Suit Zero won. I should play it. They added some Spelunky rewards too.

Hmm I'm not really into MMOs sad to say but DQX on Steam would be welcome.
They also added rewards for Strike Suit Zero Director's Cut in the weekly H2H. That's pretty neat of them

Nice now I just need to wait for Playfire to register that I've gotten the rewards mentioned in it. Wonder how long it'd take to beat the game...

Tizoc

...and I just got me Killer is Dead for around $13 via Key Trading....All in all Transistor+KiD for $30...

I still intended to make a giveaway of KiD come the 23rd/24th though.

Hey guise. I bought Dragon Age on the Steamsale.

Can anyone make and arrange a thread for replaying Dragon Age Ultimate and DA2 in anticipation for DA3?

Now that Witcher 3 is 2015, and Game of Thrones is ending soon, we're looking at a half a year of little fantasy. It would be sexy with some replay fun threads by gaffers. I havent played DA since 2008.

saunderez

Another try to give away the other 2 keys, this time no rules, first in first served.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

SpaceChem -- MB-C0F48C6532D52095 - Taken by TerryLee81
Space Pirates and Zombies -- MB-39B734475BBD14F2 - Taken by Henry Swanson

saunderez

In case you didn't know: After a raffle has ended people can still grab the untaken games.

Also did you nuke the keys? Because if not the old giveaway is still active.

Thanks for the info. When I reposted the keys ModBot told me the existing games were updated for the new giveaway so I didn't think I needed to do anything else. They seem to be identical so I guess ModBot just updated the rules.

Thanks for SpaceChem!

No probs, great game I've bought it about 3 times so far.

Arthea

I know I shouldn't judge a book by its cover, but pretty much all of the games in that bundle look terrible.

really? all?
I thought people liked The Cat Lady (I haven't played it myself yet) and Revenge: Rhobar's Myth looked interesting enough for me to buy this bundle.

saunderez

really? all?
I thought people liked The Cat Lady (I haven't played it myself yet) and Revenge: Rhobar's Myth looked interesting enough for me to buy this bundle.

I thought people were joking about The Cat Lady being good....as I said, I definitely shouldn't judge a book by its cover but I'm often guilty of doing so.

Thanks for 63 Corvi DLC.

You're welcome. I actually thought I didn't have that one when I bought the bundle it was in but key redemption doesn't lie. Must have been a drunken purchase.

Yo JaseC.. err I mean everyone.

If i want to move my steam library to another PC, can I still do it by copying the steamapps folder over (together with steam.exe) and steam will detect the games?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Yo JaseC.. err I mean everyone.

If i want to move my steam library to another PC, can I still do it by copying the steamapps folder over (together with steam.exe) and steam will detect the games?

If Steam isn't already on the PC I'd install it first and then copy the steamapps folder over just to ensure every is set up correctly, but yes.

I thought people were joking about The Cat Lady being good...

As far as I'm concerned I wan't joking, I was dead serious.
I reckon that's a good story-driven mature-oriented adventure game that's nicely written, with awesome arts and voice-acting and a very good soundtrack; the puzzles are not hard for an experienced point-and-click gamer still I've found the game to be quite enjoyable.

derExperte

Thanks for the info. When I reposted the keys ModBot told me the existing games were updated for the new giveaway so I didn't think I needed to do anything else. They seem to be identical so I guess ModBot just updated the rules.

You're right, I forgot that nuking is only necessary if someone wants to give away a claimed key again.

akaoni

Banned
I've wormed my way around the store a bit more with the advice and finally started using the wishlist after all these years. The Humble Store is a much better place for finding stuff so far. The big long list view with tiny rectangle pictures for finding games is so crappy, especially having to open other tabs to get a peek. If I want to search multiple tags then I can only get a very short list using the related tags function otherwise you end up with 'and/or' results using a regular search. Enhanced Steam seems to do the trick too by giving me prices from elsewhere and player numbers.

Knurek

So, looking at the Gamespy shutdown fallout... anyone else thinking of the pogrom inevitable Steamworks shutdown (let's face it, nothing lasts forever, GabeN included) will be?

Arthea

So, looking at the Gamespy shutdown fallout... anyone else thinking of the pogrom inevitable Steamworks shutdown (let's face it, nothing lasts forever, GabeN included) will be?

Doom and gloom talk? That's what we need.
Nothing lasts forever, us included, thus we don't see steam's downfall, praise be to Odin.

Zeknurn

1849 - unlock Civic Leader - £0.50

Is bugged by the way, because it requires the building of a bank, which isn't actually in the game yet.

It's obviously there to suss out SAM users.

I'm sad that I missed the bundle for 1849 because I didn't know about the game existing before it was released on Steam. I love me some good city management games.

aku:jiki

Really struggling to get into Risk of Rain... I unlocked the riot gear dude and he's more fun and easier to use than the Commando, so that's cool, but I'm not really a fan of the wildly varying level sizes (larger being WAY harder of course) and the time limit is stressing me out. I'm starting to feel like I should ignore the timer and just level up and get all the loot I can, since the difficulty increase seems to have less of an impact than having no gear does.

Am I the only suffering some responsivity issues with a 360 controller, though? The game has native support but it doesn't always respond on the first press, forcing me to press a command like 2-3 times often enough for it to be a problem. That's not cool in a game this hard.

In the midst of Steam madness - if you guys haven't checked out indie hit Anomaly: Warzone Earth yet, it is up for grabs (for free) at www.gamesrepublic.com. All you need to do is register with the service (which is 11 bit studios' digi platform).
Oh, hey, the other Anomalies are on hefty sales too. I really enjoyed the first one, despite thinking I wouldn't, so I kinda want all of them. Thanks for posting!

Vuze

Did that "fake currently played game" thing recently work for somebody? I quickly tried it before leaving for uni but while the game (used l4d2) was running with modified appid txt Steam wouldn't show that I'm playing anything at all.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Did that "fake currently played game" thing recently work for somebody? I quickly tried it before leaving for uni but while the game (used l4d2) was running with modified appid txt Steam wouldn't show that I'm playing anything at all.

I'm doing it right now. Are you sure you put in the correct app id? Apps that are still flagged as hidden/private don't broadcast their names publicly.

Lomax

Current deal on IndieGameStand is an uglier but still okay-looking Binding of Isaac clone for $1. It looks like a much closer clone than all of the other games inspired by Isaac, so I'm gonna give it a shot.

The BTA is just some in-game consumable so screw that.

Will you post some opinions if you try it out? I'm curious if it's a good enough clone to be worth the time. Would be nice to have something to tide me over until Rebirth.

Li Kao

No and no. I don't expect the latter to last, though, being a Deep Silver game.

Yes:

Hmm, speaking of buying from a Russian trader, I have very little experience with that, so... isn't there a possibility that a game isn't region locked but become so retroactively ? I would hate to buy a copy of a game and learning a little later that I have a +1 unplayable game.

Zeeman

Not Steam, but GOG is doing a Spring Insomnia Sale. If it works the same as the fall one, there'll be a bunch of games at deep discount, limited amount and occasional freebies that get grabbed by bots (and at least one or two games that stay on sale forever because no on wants them). In the fall, they repeated the games two or three times.

http://www.gog.com/

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Also on IndieGala time, the Greenlight Bundle is almost over (2 hours left) if you want to pick up some Steam keys for super cheap down the line before they're more expensive later (a few of the titles are already greenlit, and a few of them very likely will be): https://www.indiegala.com/weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom