• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Whoops.

Didn't follow the conversation all the way back.
Don't worry, just found it funny :p

Actually that's where the London Underground - and subway - digression originated from ;)

The game looks nice from the video - by the way I think I can recognize Baker street station - and I'm very interested, too bad that only the Circle line is featured -well, better than nothing I know - , I hope other lines are released later on.
I very much doubt anything else will be added, previous editions of the game had one single line as well, and according to goooooooogle this one was released way back in 2009 actually...

not sure, don't have too much business that side of town but if i had to bet i'd go with a sound nope.

nothing ever gets done in this city
I get that feeling bro :(

green D all day, err day.
yea that's my second one, i just rather take the bus for the most places greenie can take me since i like looking on the window on buses much more than getting groped on the subway
That and the purple one whose letter I can't remember are the only ones I have never used in any of my visits to B.A. but yeah, that subway is quite something (a cousin of mine got his cellphone stolen by someone that dived through the window in the old A trains... such a "holyshitwtfbbq" moment).

Moscow Metro is all right. It works pretty well, unlike other public transit here. Actually, I have quite a bit to say on this topic, because I've been writing stuff for an organisation that promotes the study and improvement of urban environment lol.
A circle line that actually looks like a circle? :O

Here's a picture of my city's metro map:

Fuck you guys, I would kill to have public transportation around here. I hate driving.
Shit, I was going to make this joke ;_;

STEAM | June 2014 - CHOO CHOO MOTUERFUCKER
FTFY

NotSelf

ModBot said:
Instructions for NotSelf:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Making History II The War of the World -- MB-4EEB5E077FFF2183 - Taken by BernardoOne. 5 entrants total.
Containment The Zombie Puzzler -- MB-5A738C6164F37225 - Taken by Natty1. 1 entrants total.
Final Rush -- MB-9B7BE4B8B91D5052 - Taken by Tellaerin. 2 entrants total.

t1399936730z1.png

Monday is almost over you made it!

Dark Souls log.

Last weekend had a lot of time to play, and all the luck of the Ireland gnomes.
Went back to the untrustworthy snake on Firelink. When I decided to come back into Sen's Fortress, on the way up I accidentally hit the jump/run button and jumped out of the elevator and fell into the roof of Firelink's pot house. Lucky bastard. I explored further and got into the nest of the giant crow.
A8C14A177F2010458A59DB0D288B2987DA10BAB3

Finally a place to weep!
Turns out this is the way to return to the asylum from the beginning. There I explored further hoping to find no mayor resistance. I was wrong. Dark Kinights, torch Hollows, and a big mother... ducker called Stray Demon. Got to admit it, the Stray Demon was actually difficult to me, that red explosion wasn't blocked by my fire resistance, and its area of effect was everywhere!!! well... almost everywhere... accidentally hit jump/run button and found myself a safe place from the Stray Demon's red explosion. Lucky bastard. I slowly killed him.

Went back into Firelink and then made my way to Sen's Fortress. Maybe hype got me into it. Maybe I was over-prepared. But I didn't found it difficult at all. The traps where easy to spot, and a keen eye kept me alive (why is that elevator bathed in blood?). That, or I'm simply a lucky bastard. The golem boss was quite easy actually, and killed it on my 2nd try.

Next step... the fabled Anor Londo.
93165863697B85272C9CC3046586218235733501

I love the smell of murder in the morning.

I explored further, and was caught off-guard when what I thought was an sculpture, proceed to attack me and man, that hit hard! I pressed on, and found the bonfire. A fire message made me hit all walls looking for an illusory wall to no effect. Was I trolled?.
I descended on a circular elevator and found... a Gargoyle??? didn't I killed you already? Come on you winged prick! Out of my fight, got myself another Gargoyle Tail Axe. Lucky bastard.

Thanks to a fire message I found out how to advance trough the cathedral. Tricky place. Nice view.
C71F236F412A0EC1AC599D5E9DF38845DD41B2A8

Nice architecture.

After that I figured out how to create the bridge and proceed to kill another Gargoyle (now I'm fighting bosses as common enemies?). The path was evidently upwards, so I went to explore downwards. I found the ground level of the cathedral, and found out a very large painting. Somehow I got sucked into it.

5DB6B356FA0D1DEB012B3049A1846B9687EC7FDE

Got the feeling this shield is missing the Tri Force

This place is frozen hell. Difficult and ugly enemies. Tricky places. But a nice place to farm souls, I leved like 10 levels here. The enemies are many and give a lot of souls. I think I explored everything on this place. Killed, bloated poison zombies, ugly naked vulture-men, a gigantic poison dragon and some damn fast wheel skeletons.

After a lot of punishment, I saw the fog door and armed myself to face what sure would be a criminal of a boss... and came unto a fluffy white girl that kindly asked me to leave. What is this?. A non-aggressive boss?. Lucky bastard. Well, I'm friends with an ugly Spider Lady, so being friends with fluffy girl would not be non-sense. I'm the villain of this game, but even villains need allies. I left her alone and proceed forward.

A6F496A65C5A905F55B190DFE9FF7D63D9A8E1C7

So fluffy!!!

I went back to Anor Londo. I hope my luck doesn't run out today.

So I found out one of my favorite RTS games ever, Act of War Direct Action, is on steam but doesn't work on Windows 8 .... :(

It may say that on the steam page but i bet it works. They say Doom 3 is not windows 7 compatible on the steam page yet it works perfectly fine for me on windows 7. Try the demo out from fileplanet and see if that works.

Nabs

Keep 'em coming, Mr. Poolman. You're hitting the part of the game that can break some gamers. I believe in you.

Turns out I had purchased Dark Souls at a previous point and forgot all about it. That's a Steam GAF move if I ever saw one.

Installing it now and going to fire it up later tonight. I'm looking forward to getting my butt kicked. Is there any consensus for easiest beginner class/setup? I don't mind cheesing it up a little.

How many keys did you guys pay for Transistor? On Tf2outpost I am only seeing it for 6 keys which is $15. Still cheaper than Steam I just thought you guys were getting it for 5

-MD-

Turns out I had purchased Dark Souls at a previous point and forgot all about it. That's a Steam GAF move if I ever saw one.

Installing it now and going to fire it up later tonight. I'm looking forward to getting my butt kicked.

DS1? Make sure you get DSfix.

How many keys did you guys pay for Transistor? On Tf2outpost I am only seeing it for 6 keys which is $15. Still cheaper than Steam I just thought you guys were getting it for 5

6 seems to be the cheapest. Comes out to $14.16 USD if you buy them on the steam market or somewhere around $11 if you buy keys with paypal.

Installing it now and going to fire it up later tonight. I'm looking forward to getting my butt kicked. Is there any consensus for easiest beginner class/setup? I don't mind cheesing it up a little.

My totally amateur recommendation?

Never stop raising your shield!

Keep 'em coming, Mr. Poolman. You're hitting the part of the game that can break some gamers. I believe in you.

Thanks.
I can no longer be broken, since I'm just the shell of the gamer that first came unto this game.

My dried spirit moves forward as a weird mix of perseveration and stubbornness.

:p

Nabs

Installing it now and going to fire it up later tonight. I'm looking forward to getting my butt kicked.

Make sure you install DSFix. It only takes a few minutes to set up.

You can either play at your monitors resolution, or downsample from whatever your computer can handle. Make sure you Unlock the FPS (unlockFPS 1) to kill hard frame drops, and you can limit the FPS to 60 or 30 right under that. If you do set it to 60, you can toggle between the two in game with Backspace while in-game.

And remember to disable in game AA.

Have fun. The game can be tough at the beginning for newcomers. Just take your time and learn.

Have fun. The game can be tough at the beginning for newcomers. Just take your time and learn.

Speaking of the Souls series...

Back on that "quickest route" path I mentioned yesterday:

I had read that you could go through the Shrine of Winter as soon as you had taken out the Lost Sinner -- so I headed that way immediately afterwards and the doors are still closed. WTF is up with that. I know that I probably stumbled upon that place when I had 2 greater souls last time, so I suppose that's what I have to do next. I just can't decide which one is easier to deal with at this point...

Any suggestions? Do I head to the Old Iron King, whatever the monster in Black Gulch is (I've forgotten it's name), or Freja?

r3n4ud

I had read that you could go through the Shrine of Winter as soon as you had taken out the Lost Sinner -- so I headed that way immediately afterwards and the doors are still closed. WTF is up with that. I know that I probably stumbled upon that place when I had 2 greater souls last time, so I suppose that's what I have to do next. I just can't decide which one is easier to deal with at this point...

Any suggestions? Do I head to the Old Iron King, whatever the monster in Black Gulch is (I've forgotten it's name), or Freja?

Fixed :p

Do we have a list of games that are going to get an update after the Gamespy shutdown?

Only one I know so far is Halo CE, not sure if more developers are doing the same.

Zafir

Well most people go
Old Iron King
next.

You can get through that shrine without the 4 great souls, but you need 1 mil soul memory.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Have any of the Error- 7 victims been able to fix it?

It looks like it may be related to some changes Valve made that interfere with the Enhanced Steam stand alone application and how it relays https requests. If you could temporarily disable it and let me know if it lets you on the pages you are getting Error -7, that would be helpful. Also, let me know what pages you were getting it on.

I love how Playfire is currently screwed and everything says "a game" ...

12 May '14 You played a game for the first time! £0.10
12 May '14 You played a game for the first time! £0.10
12 May '14 You unlocked SHOOT THE MOON in a game £0.50
12 May '14 You unlocked Vulture in a game £0.10

zkylon

zkylewd
That and the purple one whose letter I can't remember are the only ones I have never used in any of my visits to B.A. but yeah, that subway is quite something (a cousin of mine got his cellphone stolen by someone that dived through the window in the old A trains... such a "holyshitwtfbbq" moment).
i think purply is the only one i've never taken, although now that i think about it maybe i did, i dunno...

anyways i've actually seen that cellphone thing happen in front of me once, subway was just starting to move and a guy sneaked his hand super fast through the window and took the cellphone of the girl that was sitting in front of me. she was crazy shocked and by the time she realized what had happened subway had already left the station

but for the most part it's ok, when it's not flooding in winter haha. one day last year i was like knee deep in water down there, it was crazy.

i'd really really rather always take the bus heh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom