• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
All this take makes me wish Resident Evil Outbreak was on Steam so people could experience the joy of it's zombie infested underground as well as surviving until you could depart.

Here's a picture of my city's metro map:

Fuck you guys, I would kill to have public transportation around here. I hate driving.

Looks like mine, maybe they had the same designers!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

MacGuffin's Curse -- MB-48B6EAA23BD1F8A0 - Taken by PossumMeat
Savant Ascent -- MB-07AADCA99FA5B1E0 - Taken by Kifimbo

MUnited83

For you.
It looks like it may be related to some changes Valve made that interfere with the Enhanced Steam stand alone application and how it relays https requests. If you could temporarily disable it and let me know if it lets you on the pages you are getting Error -7, that would be helpful. Also, let me know what pages you were getting it on.

Would just close the Enhanced Steam tool be enough? Its still giving me the error code-7. Or would I need to uninstall it? Because even with ES off it's still giving the same error.

Edit, also, the pages it doesn't let me in:

-My inventory and trade offers
-The market
-Quite recently, the account details page seems not be loading either.

The NeoGAF++ quick reply box has it, what extension are you using?

Huh. It does now. Cool!

Just picked up Gone Home. About how long does it take to finish? Trying to organize my backlog by length so I can maximize my play time

I have a total of 8.3 hours.
This includes time spent idling (4+ hours, I'd wager) and the time I spent making a gigantic pile of random objects in the first floor bathroom.

So I'm guessing 3 hours or so?

http://www.howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=4010
2-3 hours.

Yes, even the neo bosses. Some took me roughly 2 hours to beat.

Impressive.

That's lame, but I can't say no to titanite chunks. What covenant are you guys in?

Abyssal is my favorite... but it's kind of useless once you fully level up.
I had reverted to either blue sentinels or bell protectors after that. I'm intrigued by the rewards in the ancient dragon covenant, but do not have the patience to level up to the 3rd level of it to get all the items.

Sunbro, bro.

Just like the last game, I hung out long enough to get my miracle and then peaced out to another.

I ride solo. Screw you guys and your covenants :p

At that rate, you should rock the champions one. :)

DukeBobby

I have never played a Tex Murphy game before, but after watching TotalBiscuit's video, I'm tempted to pick up Tesla Effect.

I'll try the demo and see if I like it.

Aaron D.

Why the hell are we posting subway maps in steam thread?

So the Community pages on the World of Subways page are completely borked. Clicking both the Community Hub & Forums link only loops you back around to the Storefront page.

Boo.

I was hoping to see if the publishers were active in the Forums as they generally tend to be with smaller sim titles like this. I purchased WoS3 months ago from Aerosoft and was wondering if I could convert my key from them over to a Steam key.

It worked with Scania Truck Driving Simulator recently as the nice folk at SCS Software posted on the Steam forum offering free Steam keys to anyone who could validate a prior purchase of the game (serial key).

Oh well, hopefully steam can get the World of Subways 3 page up and running before too long. Never seen dead links on a store page like that.

Game kicks ass, btw.

Oh fuck this. Papo & Yo glitched on me again, forcing me to quit. When restarting the game, I accidentally selected new game. POOF, save file gone with no warning, no option to select a new save file, nothing. I guess I'm yotubing the rest of the game : /

Edit: apparently, I was literally seconds from the ending, too. Dammit.

Miguel81

I have never played a Tex Murphy game before, but after watching TotalBiscuit's video, I'm tempted to pick up Tesla Effect.

I'll try the demo and see if I like it.

Under a Killing Moon and The Pandora Directive were also recommended to me as worthwhile entries in the series. I have to play those, as I really don't want to spoil myself with the clean 2k video of Tesla.

DukeBobby

Under a Killing Moon and The Pandora Directive were also recommended to me as worthwhile entries in the series. I have to play those, as I really don't want to spoil myself with the clean 2k video of Tesla.

All of them are on GOG, but they are a tad expensive. It's a shame they weren't in the insomnia sale.

HoosTrax

Anyone here play Risk of Rain? I'm looking at the wiki and it shows each character's fourth skill having an upgraded version. How does that work? Does it get unlocked somehow?

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Anyone here play Risk of Rain? I'm looking at the wiki and it shows each character's fourth skill having an upgraded version. How does that work? Does it get unlocked somehow?

There is an item similar to Aghanim's Scepter from Dota 2 that you can unlock, which has the effect of upgrading your fourth skill much like the Scepter does.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Still in categories i am afriad.

I thought that might happen since, theoretically, Steam is supposed to upload sharedconfig.vdf to the cloud so your categories follow you between systems, but this functionality isn't (or at least wasn't) reliable. You can try using Depressuriser to delete your categories.

JaseC

Epic has begun work on removing GameSpy from UT3. It's probably going to patch in GFWL. :p

just 1 week remaining, cant hold anymore
5WtScp9.png

Milamber

Throwing my hat in the ring with 2 maps...

SgnWa6t.jpg

Since I work overseas I suppose I should show you the train lines here. 2 lines directly in the middle of Dubai UAE. It helps when the entire city is living off the coast and doesn't stray far from it or else it is just pure unforgiving desert. It is a relatively new line and since there is so much space, most stations come with level parking buildings attached to them for car commuters getting into the city. The lines also have stops that feed directly into the malls so there is very little chance of you getting out into the heat of the sun.
1sTAK2y.jpg

Philippine rail lines. All of them of varying ages and dubious quality. and all situated within Metro Manila. The purple line is relatively new and a godsend for getting directly onto the heart of the city unlike before where you can only circle the edge and depend on buses. I used exclusively the purple line to get to college.

Just a heads up, they extended their old 20% coupon and it applies to Wolfenstein. You can also use Playfire credit in conjunction with this coupon. I just bought the game for a pretty sweet price.

Late reply but thanks a lot for this! Would have assumed credit didn't work with any coupons otherwise. Been playing some games today to rack up credit, hopefully it doesn't take a week to cash again >_>

Milamber

So last night in AC IV, I decided to look in the top right of the maps "?". Turns out to be 2 ships, that grew larger and barreled down towards me. I was panicking and retreated while tossing fire barrels around me. Bad idea as I immediately got surrounded in a circle with my own fire barrels and 2 impossibly huge ships that decided to open up an entire city's worth of metal upon my ship. Didn't even make it 10 seconds in battle.

EDIT: Also took over my first fort. I spied an enemy frigate nearby that had over 100 metal, but my damned fort blew it to kingdom come automatically before I got the chance to get to it and board it. FML.

EDIT 2: I need some uPlay friends or something to get these social upgrade weapons, clothing, armor and ship aesthetics. I'm "takahashi69" there, crappy username I know, but I already got like 3 games on it so I can't make a new one.

So last night in AC IV, I decided to look in the top right of the maps "?". Turns out to be 2 ships, that grew larger and barreled down towards me. I was panicking and retreated while tossing fire barrels around me. Bad idea as I immediately got surrounded in a circle with my own fire barrels and 2 impossibly huge ships that decided to open up an entire city's worth of metal upon my ship. Didn't even make it 10 seconds in battle.

EDIT: Also took over my first fort. I spied an enemy frigate nearby that had over 100 metal, but my damned fort blew it to kingdom come automatically before I got the chance to get to it and board it. FML.

EDIT 2: I need some uPlay friends or something to get these social upgrade weapons, clothing, armor and ship aesthetics. I'm "takahashi69" there, crappy username I know, but I already got like 3 games on it so I can't make a new one.

Added you to Uplay, I'm currently playing through ACIV right now as well.
Just started today actually and I'm up to Sequence IV, loving it atm, much better than the rest of the AC games I've finished this year.
Best of luck to us both, arrghh matey.

ahoy.
rum.
etc.

JaseC

Here's a fun thing to do when it comes to boarding larger ships in Black Flag: rather than initiating the boarding sequence immediately after the ship is incapacitated, instead jump overboard and board the ship yourself, then kill everybody and blow up the powder barrels for good measure. This is a little easier/quicker than the usual method as there are fewer crew members to deal with and you're not immediately considered a threat, and in most cases, once you've returned to your ship and initiated the boarding sequence, you'll win immediately (the exceptions being when you have to tear down the ship's flag).

Milamber

Added you to Uplay, I'm currently playing through ACIV right now as well.
Just started today actually and I'm up to Sequence IV, loving it atm, much better than the rest of the AC games I've finished this year.
Best of luck to us both, arrghh matey.

ahoy.
rum.
etc.
Thanks.

Here's a fun thing to do when it comes to boarding larger ships in Black Flag: rather than initiating the boarding sequence immediately after the ship is incapacitated, instead jump overboard and board the ship yourself, then kill everybody and blow up the powder barrels for good measure. This is a little easier/quicker than the usual method as there are fewer crew members to deal with and you're not immediately considered a threat, and in most cases, once you've returned to your ship and initiated the boarding sequence, you'll win immediately (the exceptions being when you have to tear down the ship's flag).

Ooh, this is great! Much better than losing 1 or 2 crew because of my bad swivel gun fire.

BadAss2961

Early on before my Jackdaw was strong enough to incapacitate bigger ships, I would steer the Jackdaw to cut off the enemy ship, swing overboard, swim to the moving ship, board it, kill everyone, swim back to the Jackdaw, and finally pirate the ship.

Sajjaja

Thanks.

Ooh, this is great! Much better than losing 1 or 2 crew because of my bad swivel gun fire.

Added as well. I'm Goliath786

It's not like lose a crew member means anything. Boarding a ship will literally recoup any losses you may have taken unless you are awful at playing the game lol.

I really like the legendary ship battles. They were great at evoking fear if you were no where near powerful enough and when you come back to beat them it's like haha fuck you eat my shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom