• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

Well they're a unauthorised key seller who buys games from the cheapest place/country which has region free keys. However they do send working keys and all that. I got Titanfall from them and had no issue.

Guess I'll take your word on it, the game for under $30 doesn't sound too bad. Do Grid games have 'Season Pass'es?

Dr Dogg

Yeah, I admit the 9400GT part really confused me which is part of why I asked.

AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB

Huh, well despite being a mobile card that is a bit better than both a desktop 9400GT or 5450 in the recommendations. Been a while since I've dabbled with shared graphics memory so don't know what the performance is like these days. Obviously until the game is out no idea what it will use under certain conditions unless anyone asks the devs.

Well, my working theory is that Source 2 really ought to be making a loud noise sometime before the end of they year. I get the impression that this is an engine they want to see adopted a bit more the OG Source

Valve's engine strides in all these years, plus Geldreich's yesterday rant don't make me confident for that engine.

I just bought Spec Ops 80%, but what does it mean when it says (ROW) after the game title?

Rest of World

Wok

FszQfqH.jpg

Cool. This time, I have the correct savefile so that I can start playing this evening!

Ruruja

Boo, I were about to buy Kentucky Route Zero - guess I'll have to wait on that one.

They only update the deals once a day?

I think they update the front page with new deals once a day at 6pm GMT. With two 8-hour flash deals at seemingly random times throughout. Might be wrong though.

499.jpg

2dd.jpg

Zafir

Man part of me suspected most of that shit is unneeded, but this clarifies it. Is there a thread dedicated to this? Because there should be.

Those complaining or being hesitant towards Dynasty Warriors 8 because of it's price point sort of come off as cheap ass gits.
Unless they're in Europe and it costs more than the US in which case, it's understandable if you want to wait for it to go on sale.

BTW can we link to SteamTraders on this thread?

EU/UK price is £40, which is more expensive than the PS4 version here. :p

I'm just downloading it.

It's surprisingly large, 13GB.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
RE: Capcom, there is an Xbox Capcom weekly sale going on right now so it doesn't sound inconceivable that they could do a publisher weekend or whatever on PC.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
happy birthday JaseC. tell me that ironically, you did NOT buy a steam game today :p

Nzyme32

Happy birthday, JaseC!

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? :eek:

Yep! His solo stuff is really incredible, and often heavily influenced by one of my all time favourite Jazz Fusion musicians, Allan Holdsworth. Fredrik Thordendal can do incredible things so don't just expect metal. You may find extremely eerie atmospheric stuff in there. As a massive fan I can't wait!

Sendou

Happy birthday JaseC! I think at least 9 out of 10 times I have asked something Steam related here you have been the one to answer so thank you for that too.

Not especially, I ended up being fairly thorough on my first run which minimized the amount I had left over. After my NG run I was mostly gunning for collecting the rest of the spells and doing two NPC sidequests. If anything I had an easier time with this one as they didn't feature achievements for collecting all special weaponry and upgrading each path this time around.

Yeah, on the whole, most of the achievements in this game are easier than they were in Dark Souls. There are a few annoying ones... as for me, I'm about 1/3-1/2 way through NG+ and trying to figure out the fastest way to get what I want/need before going to NG++ and really beelining for the person who will sell me the spells I need to pop the last 3 trophies.

Hrmmm, you must love bad rats, because it's not an extremely cheap badge to get.

Well shit.

Why are the Japanese consistently bad at this?

Hasn't Konami ported a lot of games and they're all pretty good ports? What aboug SEGA?
So other than the few issues with the Dark Souls PC port, which FROM stated that they had 0 PC development/porting experience before doing, and the comment Jim Sterling made about DW8XL I'm wondering what history exists to make a statement like that?
(Not trying to be antagonistic here, just curious... seriously.)

See no one trusts this because generally Jim Sterling just states the blindingly fucking obvious opinion, but no one else has said anything about the game so now we are in uncharted territory.

I don't trust Jim Sterling because he's Jim Sterling. I take about as much stock in things he says as I do any "professional" game reviewer.

I'm now closer to 30 than 20.

iLdTk25.gif

Rectangular ostrich watermelon.

I love that comic strip. That's probably why I don't get all hyped up about my birthday. ;)
At least now we''re both closer to 30 than to something else. :p

Happy birthday to your Mum too, while I'm thinking about it. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom