• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

inm8num2

Happy b-day JaseC. :)

Also, I wonder if Humble Bundle might take a week or two off while the spring sale runs, since it would be pointless to put any games they have on sale in a bundle. Or they could do a mobile/Android bundle, but my guess is a break!

Aerocrane

Any Metal fans and Jazz Fusion fans may be interested to here that Fredrik Thordendal of Meshuggah fame has written custom music for the soundtrack!

http://www.metalinjection.net/video...ibute-to-wolfenstein-the-new-order-video-game

So it will most likely be a competent game with that ex-Starbreeze devs pedigree and also will have an awesome soundtrack? I'd consider getting it if there was multiplayer or mod support confirmed, it's a bit too expensive for single player only for me.

Wok

L7gwQ9pl.jpg

Happy birthday, JaseC!

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Congratulations JaseC! Best of wishes. :)

In other news: Dark Souls II is taking over my most played list rather quickly...
I just lit a third Primal Bonfire, that
spider
boss was pretty scary. Great fight.

Tried out Fistful of Frags and, well... eh.
For free, you might enjoy some chaotic western-style shooting. Worth trying out for the Terence Hill reference alone, but... eh. I rarely like MP shooters, and this is no exception. Guns feel bad and the maps and respawn locations are kinda off.

Anyway, ten cents "earned". Mwuahaha.

Nzyme32

So it will most likely be a competent game with that ex-Starbreeze devs pedigree and also will have an awesome soundtrack? I'd consider getting it if there was multiplayer or mod support confirmed, it's a bit too expensive for single player only for me.

I actually applaud them for going single player only if that is the key part of the game. The trouble with this though is that the game is heavily narrative driven and part of their choice of game demonstrations has come from the early segments of the game to not spoil what's ahead, so it's hard to gauge how interesting and how much re-playability will be there. Mod support would obviously be amazing but nothing has been said yet. But so far, it's looking to be at least an extremely atmospheric story driven FPS which is somewhat rare these days. I'm sure you can expect regular sales though as with Deus Ex Human Revolution

Another dev who doesn't really want to give out keys for previous bundle buyers to everyone so you have to beg them for it:

Out There Somehere, which was in the IndieRoyale Debut 2 Bundle

http://blog.studiominiboss.com/post/85556233745/out-there-somewhere-is-coming-to-steam-on-may-20th
I'll never understand how dopey some of these devs can be. Do they really think people will be motivated to double-dip and re-buy the Steam version after 1. buying the game already, and 2. having a bad experience with the dev denying them a reasonable request?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Yes, very old. :p
But thanks, because this way people who are interested and may have missed earlier SteamGAF conversation about it can be aware (seriously).

Also, there's a new Bundlestars today too, but it seems like a bunch of bundled re-runs to me. I was too lazy to check vs. my Steam library to find out though.

yeah im pretty sure that same racing bundle existed before, also on bundlestars. if not, something very similar

StAidan

Aqua Kitty is mine. Sigh. Can I hold out on more purchases until the summer sale? An even 30 games on the wishlist now.

Aerocrane

I actually applaud them for going single player only if that is the key part of the game. The trouble with this though is that the game is heavily narrative driven and part of their choice of game demonstrations has come from the early segments of the game to not spoil what's ahead, so it's hard to gauge how interesting and how much re-playability will be there. Mod support would obviously be amazing but nothing has been said yet. But so far, it's looking to be at least an extremely atmospheric story driven FPS which is somewhat rare these days. I'm sure you can expect regular sales though as with Deus Ex Human Revolution

It is great that we have a more of a straight up action franchise getting a singleplayer only release from a developer that has created many great singleplayer first-person games. It probably doesn't fit The New Order, but I'd love to see a Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory HD remake with multiplayer. If it weren't for Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory, no one would probably associate the franchise with multiplayer at all. There's the RAGE Tool Kit on Steam, so adding in mod support is a possibility as I think The New Order also uses same version of idtech. I'll definitely get the game once it goes on sale for about 50% off, my finances are spread a bit thin with the upcoming GRID: Autosport and having just bought Dynasty Warriors 8: Xtreme Legends.

Mod support might be finicky due to idTech 5. The mod kit for RAGE was released last year I think, but sounded like a pain to use. Does RAGE have even a healthy mod community?

I'm playingYou have to win the game and really enjoying the game, already finished it one time so I'm in the NG+ near the end with 98 or 99% of completion. I suck so much at this game that I don't see myself unlocking the Yolo and the cat achievements.

I'm now closer to 30 than 20.

iLdTk25.gif

Rectangular ostrich watermelon.

Happy birthday JaseC.

Dark Souls log.

I marched further into Anor Londo. Went upstairs to the main building and had to fight another giants. Found a dead end and moved right side to find a bunch of albino demons. I killed them, and moved on a very narrow ledge until I found a small tower and killed a couple more of albino demos. I was hit by a spear then, who fired this? I looked everywhere and saw this couple of archers that fire the goddamn biggest arrows ever. I found a small safe place. They aren't going to run out of arrows right? I tried my luck and ran forward, then right to face the archer then... bam! a giant arrow on my back, then another from the front and dropped to my death.
Made my way back to the same place, ran upwards, then left to kill the other archer, it drew a sword and pushed me out of the ledge. Damn.
Came back again, I need to be faster. I need to be stronger. I was sent to my doom again.
These archers are cheap.
But... me? I persevere >:)

Vlad

What makes it the GOAT? I literally know almost nothing about the game, other than the hype and its reputation because of said hype.

While it may look a bit like Zelda, think of it as more of a randomly-generated twin-stick shooter. You move around from room to room, killing things and grabbing items to power yourself up. The items are where the game gets really interesting, as they're not only random on each run, but the effects can often combine. Say on the first floor you grab an item that lets you shoot through the rocks scattered around the rooms. Then, a couple floors later, you grab an item that turns your shots into homing shots. Now you have homing shots that can go through walls. Then you pick up an item that drastically increases the fire rate, and so on. Not all the items are that useful, and some you may want to completely avoid, so a lot of the initial experience is just getting a feel for what everything does. You're also regularly unlocking new items that can apppear, so the game stays very fresh for a very long time.

I've got over 150 hours clocked in the game, and I still go back to it every so often.

StAidan

I'm playingYou have to win the game and really enjoying the game, already finished it one time so I'm in the NG+ near the end with 98 or 99% of completion. I suck so much at this game that I don't see myself unlocking the Yolo and the cat achievements.

Happy birthday JaseC.

If you spend enough time searching for the last 1 or 2 moneybags, you'll have plenty of experience under your belt for cat mode. That's what happened to me, I was an expert by the time I tracked down those devilishly hidden bags.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I see senility already set in ;)
Happy birthday bud! Have a great one.
Happy Birthday!
Happy Birthday!
Happy Birthday JaseC
?
Birthday wishes all around!
Happy Birthday dude. It's all downhill from here.
Happy Birthday!
Happy birthday, JaseC!
Happy birthday!
Happy Birthday JaseC!

I didn't realize you were a young whipper-snapper.

Happy birthday JaseC, hope you have a wonderful year
Happy birthday, JaseC! :)
Happy Birthday JaseC!
Happy birthday JaseC! Welcome to the better side of 20s
Happy Birthday. You still have plenty of time to knock out that backlog.
Happy Birthday my friend! :D

http://youtu.be/lA8bIiJ8i0s lol
Happy birthday!
Happy Birthday JaseC! My wife watched The Host last night while I was in the room so I will say it was in honor of you.
Happy birthday JaseC! I think at least 9 out of 10 times I have asked something Steam related here you have been the one to answer so thank you for that too.
Happy B-day Jase!
JaseC, you helpful person you, happy birthday!
happy birthday Jasec, some day I'll watch one of your movies
Happy b-day JaseC. :)
Loads of drunken koalas, Jase C!
Happy Birthday, JaseC! Reach 3000 games when you're 30!
lol
Happy birthday, JaseC!
Happy BIrthday JaseC!
Happy birthday JaseC :D
Happy birthday JaseC, I didn't know people aged over yonder
Congratulations JaseC! Best of wishes. :)
Happy birthday Jase!

tumblr_n3a0g2GWB81rmyfvko9_250.gif
Happy birthday JaseC.
Oh and happy birthday JaseC, hope you have a good one.

Cheers! (I think I got everybody.)

It's a bummer that 99% of the stuff SF has put up over the past month or so isn't on sale.

RE: Capcom, there is an Xbox Capcom weekly sale going on right now so it doesn't sound inconceivable that they could do a publisher weekend or whatever on PC.

The "or whatever" being another DLC sale. :p

Happy B'day mucker. What did you get? I hope your friends and family don't just buy you Steam Credit :p

Too early to tell, haha.

happy birthday JaseC. tell me that ironically, you did NOT buy a steam game today :p

I didn't buy a Steam game. I bought five!

Happy Birthday JaseC!
I would send a gift... but what do you not have ><

Haha, I occasionally update wishlist to keep track of card-supporting games I don't yet have so you can have a poke around if you want.

Turfster

Humble Deep Silver re-bundle
TIER 1: 1$
  • Saints Row The Third
  • Saints Row 2
  • Risen 2: Dark Waters
  • Sacred 2: Gold
TIER 2: BTA
  • Dead Island GOTY
  • Saints Row The Third: The Full Package DLC
  • Metro 2033
  • Risen