• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.
While it may look a bit like Zelda, think of it as more of a randomly-generated twin-stick shooter. You move around from room to room, killing things and grabbing items to power yourself up. The items are where the game gets really interesting, as they're not only random on each run, but the effects can often combine. Say on the first floor you grab an item that lets you shoot through the rocks scattered around the rooms. Then, a couple floors later, you grab an item that turns your shots into homing shots. Now you have homing shots that can go through walls. Then you pick up an item that drastically increases the fire rate, and so on. Not all the items are that useful, and some you may want to completely avoid, so a lot of the initial experience is just getting a feel for what everything does. You're also regularly unlocking new items that can apppear, so the game stays very fresh for a very long time.

I've got over 150 hours clocked in the game, and I still go back to it every so often.
Thanks!

You've almost sold me on it.

Is the DLC worth it too? Does the DLC change the core game right off the bat or just add to it? Can it be toggled on/off (if need be, not sure).

Is the DLC even necessary?

If you don't mind giving money directly to Strategy First they have a Steam key sale at their site with a few things that haven't been discounted on Steam itself. Yet, anyway.

http://www.strategyfirst.com/products/category/30-steam-keys/limit:1000

Highlights:

- The modern classic Shannon Tweed's Attack of the Groupies
- Future gag gift standard Real Horror Stories for 20 cents USD
- The almost never discounted, normally 30 bucks, Graviteam Tactics

Dark Souls log.

I marched further into Anor Londo. Went upstairs to the main building and had to fight another giants. Found a dead end and moved right side to find a bunch of albino demons. I killed them, and moved on a very narrow ledge until I found a small tower and killed a couple more of albino demos. I was hit by a spear then, who fired this? I looked everywhere and saw this couple of archers that fire the goddamn biggest arrows ever. I found a small safe place. They aren't going to run out of arrows right? I tried my luck and ran forward, then right to face the archer then... bam! a giant arrow on my back, then another from the front and dropped to my death.
Made my way back to the same place, ran upwards, then left to kill the other archer, it drew a sword and pushed me out of the ledge. Damn.
Came back again, I need to be faster. I need to be stronger. I was sent to my doom again.
These archers are cheap.
But... me? I persevere >:)

Fuck Anor Londo and fuck those archers.

tip :

you only really need to worry about the right one. a) poison arrows and wait. b) run up the first bridge and wait behind the large pillar until he stops firing, then head around the pillar and up the second bridge being mindful of arrows. If you keep moving, they should miss you...but you can always roll under them. When you make it to the wall, head towards the right archer rolling under his arrows. He'll eventually switch to melee, where you can either fight him or keep your shield up and he'll eventually push himself off the platform.

Then find the next bonfire and be hopeful you never have to do that part again.

Humble Deep Silver Rehash today, new Humble Bundles every day for next two weeks.

Denzel-Washington-Boom-Gif.gif

This is going to be
not
bad
because I probably own them all.

If you spend enough time searching for the last 1 or 2 moneybags, you'll have plenty of experience under your belt for cat mode. That's what happened to me, I was an expert by the time I tracked down those devilishly hidden bags.

I believe I already got all the collectables, even the ones in the secret cat level I did spend so much time yesterday trying to time the jump correctly.

Dr Dogg

14 days of bundles?!?!?! I'm either going to own 90% off what's on offer, not interested in a lot of it or be flat out broke by the end of this week.

Edit: Just a quickie (ohh err) anyone who buys this can you tell me if it's separate keys or all lumped together per tier, thanks in advance. Might have to bite the bullet on Scared 2 and Risen 2.

inm8num2

First it was biweekly bundles.
Then came the weeklies
Now the dailies.

We are reaching "just hook it into my veins" levels here. :p

Fuck Anor Londo and fuck those archers.

tip :

you only really need to worry about the right one. a) poison arrows and wait. b) run up the first bridge and wait behind the large pillar until he stops firing, then head around the pillar and up the second bridge being mindful of arrows. If you keep moving, they should miss you...but you can always roll under them. When you make it to the wall, head towards the right archer rolling under his arrows. He'll eventually switch to melee, where you can either fight him or keep your shield up and he'll eventually push himself off the platform.

Then find the next bonfire and be hopeful you never have to do that part again.
Thanks kind sir.
I'll do this.

Zafir

Humble Deep Silver re-bundle
TIER 1: 1$
  • Saints Row The Third
  • Saints Row 2
  • Risen 2: Dark Waters
  • Sacred 2: Gold
TIER 2: BTA
  • Dead Island GOTY
  • Saints Row The Third: The Full Package DLC
  • Metro 2033
  • Risen
  • Sacred Citadel
TIER 3:
  • Dead Island Riptide: Complete Edition
They could not have split the keys up in more of a worse fashion. Every single one there's one thing I need, and a lot which I don't. :(

Zeeman

Can't wait til we start getting Humble Bundle flash sales (Bundle only available for 8 hours! 42 Bundles Total!). At this point, companies aren't satisfied unless you're refreshing their site every hour.

This is going to be a lot of bundles... I do hope to see some new ones. But maybe I'll be able to snag a good one I missed or something.

def sim

I can't recall if I missed a bundle that I really wanted. Whatevs, I'll probably end up buying another thing from them in these 14 days.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Ill probably own all the repeat bundles, but maybe I get lucky and one of them is one I missed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom