• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knurek

Re: Humble Daily Bundle, this is from their blog post:

Expect some unique bundles curated specifically for this event. You will also see special deals on games packaged with great extras. We are also opening up the vault and bringing back some bundles for one-night-only reunion shows and kicking off this festival with one of our favorites.

So yea, Banner Saga bundle pretty much confirmed.

def sim

I wasn't aware there was any reason to ever buy them on another platform. Far Cry + Ass Creed have always run like shit on the previous gen of consoles.

It's partly because I want to buy something on one of these consoles and because they aren't steamworks. Even if they are considered poor ports, my PC can run these games better than either the XBO or PS4 so it wasn't for any real reason, sure.

19Kilo

Happy Birthday JaseC!

Some more extras:
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Fortix 2 -- MB-3EAA42F613C5A774 - Taken by Snakethesniper
King Arthur II: The Role Playing Wargame -- MB-38C1FAE8016AAA8B - Taken by Consequence

Really hope we get a PC blowout on the game soon, really interested to see how it looks maxed out. The PS4 footage shown so far has been far from awful at the very least.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Re: Humble Daily Bundle, this is from their blog post:

So yea, Banner Saga bundle pretty much confirmed.

Sound exciting! Worth keeping an eye on.

And happy birthday JaseC!

Yeah, was waiting on things getting layed out before deciding to get it on the PS4. Since it isn't even hitting native res I'll wait till I upgrade my PC some instead.

It really is bad. Seems all these multi-plats are getting the same 'optimizations'. Can't see a reason to get a PS4 in the foreseeable future.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Here are some spare coupons that I don't need, if you would like any of them shoot me a pm. The first two gifts without an icon are bonus coins for War of The Vikings that I can't activate on my account so you can have them as well

qfM2ddF.png

Oh and happy birthday JaseC!

Freedom = $1.05 said:
I came in here to discuss how 792p is becoming a thing on consoles and how much better I feel about making a new desktop earlier this year. what a joke.

What I find bizarre is how 1080p was a marketing bullet point for the first HD consoles and a here we are a generation later and games are still struggling to even hit that last gen promise. There are all of these weird custom resolutions just so games can at least run at 30 fps.

topyy

old? https://www.facebook.com/lazyguysstudio/photos/639993249416224/
Lazy Guys Studio
#LazyGuysBundle We have a great news for all of our 'Night Sky' or/and 'Morning Sky - Greenlit Encore' bundle buyers. You can get your FREE Steam key for the game Al Emmo and the Lost Dutchman's Mine right now!

Here, we provide you with complete instructions just to make sure. Basically, all you need to do is, open the link and redeem your Special Greenlight Code 2.

1. Open this link http://bit.ly/lgbalemmo
2. Click 'Add to Order'
3. Enter your Special Greenlight Code 2 (you got this code in your e-mail with Evopollution Steam key!)
4. Click 'Update Coupon' to confirm your code (PAYMENT OPTIONS WILL DISAPPEAR)
5. Enter your details
6. Click next and comlete your FREE "order"
7. Check your e-mail's inbox

Have a nice day guys!

Couple spares from the Bundlestars Turbo Bundle:
thanks for GTR Evolution.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It's pretty impressive that Binding of Isaac has crept into the Top Sellers list considering it's only a buck. Also, I hope Wolf14 unlocks at 12am worldwide as this would mean that AU/NZ get it first.

Really hope we get a PC blowout on the game soon, really interested to see how it looks maxed out. The PS4 footage shown so far has been far from awful at the very least.

If nothing else there'll be a PC performance thread in a couple of weeks.

Happy Birthday JaseC!
And happy birthday JaseC!
Oh and happy birthday JaseC!

Cheers!

Vlad

Thanks. But with this Humble daily bundle business, now I'm wondering if I should wait and hope Isaac reappears in one those so I can save myself some moneys. Yeah, I know, I know... Only 99 cents right now, but still. Does that make me horrible?

Yes :)

Well, not really, but kind of. I mean, yeah, you could get it cheaper, but if it sounds like the kind of thing you'd like, a dollar is an absolute steal.

Edit: The anti-Christianity sentiment doesn't impress me. Don't want to start a religious debate here - I am okay with different beliefs - but I don't know if I like the idea of paying for entertainment that preaches an agenda to me.

Eh, it's in there, but I didn't find it as overt as the other guy did. There isn't really much story in there to speak of outside of a pre-title screen cutscene and the ending. Some of the stuff in the game definitely leans that way, though (although some of the stuff leans the other way, without giving too much away). It's not like the game's super-preachy about it, but there's definitely a layer of it there.

I will say that there's definitely a lot of things that can best be described as "cartoonishly disturbing". A lot of the enemies are somewhat grotesque and make rather unpleasant sounds, and even the main character's appearance changes based on what items he picks up. Sometimes it's just looking more demonic/badass, sometimes it's looking rather ghoulish.

Regardless, the game is still well, well worth it.

Evrain

Happy birthday to SteamGAF's resident overlord (JaseC, that is) ;)

(I was going to pull a "Tyrannical Overlord" joke, but I realize not many have played Sigma Star Saga or watched the credits roll)

GaussTek

Ohh, nice, I thought the Humble Daily Bundles were only going to be old ones. Looking forward to the Banner Saga one :D

And, happy birthday JaseC!!! Really hope you have a great time today, and thanks for always being awesome! :)

Dr Dogg

But no 60fps version, unless Ubisoft have suddenly become the masters of optimization.

A few specific problems with certain games aside they're not as bad as people make out. You'll constantly hear the AC IV isn't optimised on PC when low and behold slap another GPU in and you get 100% scaling and framerate to match. It hardly touches the CPU in all fareness but having faster clocks over more cores is always best so you will get better performance. End of the day I get the feeling that the communication of what settings should be used for what level of hardware needs to be communicated better but AC IV is a game that takes full advantage of high end tech and is going to hit the wall even with a 780ti and a 4770k at some point with every setting turned up. Granted Physx particles are a bit buggered but hey you got the option to turn that off.

Far Cry 2 is a great example as at release even on the best of the best tech for the time you'd only manage 37-40 fps at max settings unless you went with a GTX295 but run that on modern hardware and the game absolutely flies.

If anyone expects The Division to look like the gameplay we've seen so far, I've got some very bad news for you...

oh what the fuck man...

anor londo is the middle of the game. you need to wrap it up son.

DS2 man. I had to get on that train from the start. It has made me appreciate the level design in DS more though. I'll be back, don't worry.

FloatOn

wait, people actually care about watch dogs?

DS2 man. I had to get on that train from the start. It has made me appreciate the level design in DS more though. I'll be back, don't worry.

fair enough. I'm nearing the end of DS2 myself and I think the level design complaints are absolutely valid.

I hope the next souls game has an awesome connected world AND fast travel from the start on the condition that fast travel is tied to a limited quantity item. It would be the best of both worlds.

Divius

Is Dead Island any fun? I only played it for a bit but it felt somewhat repetitive. I had the same problem with Dead Rising though.

def sim

Is Dead Island any fun? I only played it for a bit but it felt somewhat repetitive. I had the same problem with Dead Rising though.

It's the same thing the whole way through. I started listening to podcasts while playing to finish the last third of it.

It's pretty impressive that Binding of Isaac has crept into the Top Sellers list considering it's only a buck. Also, I hope Wolf14 unlocks at 12am worldwide as this would mean that AU/NZ get it first.

If nothing else there'll be a PC performance thread in a couple of weeks.

Cheers!

Y'know, I don't know that I expressly wished you a happy birthday in my post, but I felt like it was implied. I'm starting to feel neglected over here. :p

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
wait, people actually care about watch dogs?

It has collectables, so yes. ;) I just watched the 10-minute trailer and considering how SP/MP is intended to be seamless I can't help but get the impression that MP challenges are going to be factored into the game's completion percentage. :( Black Flag's "social" chests/convoys/whales were enough of a pain.

Happy birthday JaseC!
Happy birthday to SteamGAF's resident overlord (JaseC, that is) ;)

(I was going to pull a "Tyrannical Overlord" joke, but I realize not many have played Sigma Star Saga or watched the credits roll)
Happy Birthday, JaseC.
And, happy birthday JaseC!!! Really hope you have a great time today, and thanks for always being awesome! :)

Thanks!

I couldn't really stand the controls. People said to try the analog controls for the controller but I found it slow and it left me vulnerable. I only played it because it was described as a zombie borderlands but in all honestly it's just a clunky zombie fps.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Dead Island is better than Borderlands 2.

Which is to say rotten fruit is better than a hit off a septic tank.

Zafir

I found it fun in coop, but, I couldn't play it solo. Consequently, I wouldn't bother unless you have some people to play with.

Dr Dogg

If anyone expects The Division to look like the gameplay we've seen so far, I've got some very bad news for you...

The funny thing about that is at around the time that E3 demo was shown Massive was still recruiting for staff (I think I saw it pop up on Edge or Gamastura) but the "gameplay" shown looked near final quality. Not to meantion the 3 people talking in the video did anyone see these people on stage at the time? Hmmmmm.

It's just another in the long line of proof of concept demos. Games are not like films, you're not getting a constant stream of dailies back that you can quickly slap together and bosh here's a trailer (well unless the film has post effects and such). Christ some games don't fully come together until the final few months of development let alone 1.5-2 years before release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom