• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

def sim

I didn't play much of Black Flag so I'm still down for some good ol' Ubisoft item hunting.

It probably would be a different story if I pulled the trigger on that $20 deal on Amazon a month or so ago. I thought that was a permanent price drop, silly me.

Ruruja

thebig500.jpg

500th game: Al Emmo and the Lost Dutchman's Mine

The_Monk

Is Dead Island any fun? I only played it for a bit but it felt somewhat repetitive. I had the same problem with Dead Rising though.

I believe mostly will say no, but I managed to enjoy it and to make it more doubtful for some, I played the console version. The is much more fun if you are playing Co-op. I have the PC version but I'm not sure on replaying it any time soon since I have others to play. Playing Co-op and getting new Mods (with Shock, etc.) for new weapons and it can become a fun experience.

---

As for the Watch Dogs talk, it's indeed strange this game couldn't pull 1080p even after the delay but I'm no expert in this. I can say that the PS4 version of Black Flag look quite decent and unlike the PC I don't have to deal with Uplay client directly or losing my save file randomly. There's always good and bad things in each platforms, honestly. Shame some people (in other threads) insists on pointing flaws and always focusing on the bad things in life.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Is Dead Island any fun? I only played it for a bit but it felt somewhat repetitive. I had the same problem with Dead Rising though.

It's great (and Riptides not bad either) but my main factor for enjoying it was the analog controls which I absolutely love. Bit clunky to start off with but once you get them down you can be pretty precise with your timing.

However if you want deep, detailed quests then no it's not the game for you. They're both basically an excuse to jaunt around some locations killing zombies. I love the combat so I played both of them for hours but if you find it repetitive it might not be for you.

Also, Happy Birthday JaseC! :)

Vuze

I had a nice experience but it get's kinda dull as you progress. Put some hours in coop with a bud but did the most on my own. It also presented me the worst boss fight in any video game I played lol.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Happy Birthday JaseC
you young bastard, you :)

Hope you get that copy of Wheelman you've been wanting!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Al Emmo key is up from lazyguys bundle. I have to say im impressed with how they email you with the details on how to get your keys from the bundles you bought

I couldn't really stand the controls. People said to try the analog controls for the controller but I found it slow and it left me vulnerable. I only played it because it was described as a zombie borderlands but in all honestly it's just a clunky zombie fps.

my problem with it is the stuttering when playing with mouse + keyboard. They never fixed it. COJ:gunslinger had the same problem, but a week after launch it was fixed

The funny thing about that is at around the time that E3 demo was shown Massive was still recruiting for staff (I think I saw it pop up on Edge or Gamastura) but the "gameplay" shown looked near final quality. Not to meantion the 3 people talking in the video did anyone see these people on stage at the time? Hmmmmm.

It's just another in the long line of proof of concept demos. Games are not like films, you're not getting a constant stream of dailies back that you can quickly slap together and bosh here's a trailer (well unless the film has post effects and such). Christ some games don't fully come together until the final few months of development let alone 1.5-2 years before release.

Unfortunately it seems like the norm for games these days. E3 is becoming more like CES : glorified tech demos to generate interest.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
for your point and click adventure needs

ModBot said:
Instructions for Rhaknar:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Al Emmo and the Lost Dutchman's Mine -- MB-3565811F66DEAB5D - Taken by derExperte

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Sorry I'm late, but happy birthday JaseC. :D
Also, Happy Birthday JaseC! :)
Oh, happy Birthday JaseC!
Happy Birthday JaseC
you young bastard, you :)

Cheers!

Hope you get that copy of Wheelman you've been wanting!

This will happen one day:

Changed publisher – Ubisoft › Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment about a minute ago

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
saoirse20ronan20cakeswyc6d.jpg

Happy birthday JaseC.
Holy crap its JaseC's birthday? Happy birthday JaseC.
Happy birthday JaseC,

Thanks. :)

I watched last night The Grand Budapest Hotel and reminded me of this thread hahaha.

I'll (finally) be seeing that on Friday.

happy bday fatty

naYLLTz.jpg

saoirsepunch3fqe8.gif

<3
DS

By the way, yesterday was my birthday. :(

Happy belated!

derExperte

Yesterday it was subway talk. I kept wondering if I opened the wrong thread. It happens.

That was at least something new. But this thread is now so big that every day someone has a birthday. Why not send a private message especially if it's not something big like 30 or 40
soon :(
?

Arthea

Happy birthday to my one and only steam support!
Jasec, have a nice year and 3K game count
btw why you so young? Don't you think it's unfair somewhat?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom