• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
It's my steam account's birthday as well, he just turned 5. Bought him a Bioshock Triple pack as a present

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I'm pretty confident that there exists enough universes that are a single day behind the subsequent universe that it effectively means it is always my birthday in the multiverse.

It's okay if you guys forgot. I'll be sure to remind you every single day.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
It's my steam account's birthday as well, he just turned 5. Bought him a Bioshock Triple pack as a present

Happy Steam Birthday!

Vru81K8.png

I hope you're using Enhanced Steam and saw the awesome logo and streamers!

Ruruja

I'm pretty confident that there exists enough universes that are a single day behind the subsequent universe that it effectively means it is always my birthday in the multiverse.

It's okay if you guys forgot. I'll be sure to remind you every single day.

sla.gif

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I am using it but I didn't notice anything like that (I'm on Firefox). Is it exclusive to Chrome?

It is, for now... You should load up Chrome just so you can see this once-a-year spectacular on your Steam home page. :)

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
I'm now closer to 30 than 20.

iLdTk25.gif
Happy Birthday Man!!! :D
Let me guess... 26? I'll be eating some cake in your honour
3060427571_1_5_ZeyJZOhC.gif

Looks like the keys have the same subs as before, so not only 3 tiers:

FTmy2r1.png
Lame, I wanted to give SR2, 3, 3 FP, and Metro 2033 away :(

Well I guess there is only 1 1080p version of watch dogs now.
As if there was ever any doubt ;)
The meltdowns are delicious though XD

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
How's Risen 2 regarding performances? I can't play the first because it stutters like crazy.
Have you tried forcing VSync and/or locking the framerate?

Risen 2 is worse performance wise, i'm afraid.

Li Kao

Fuck me, caught up on the thread and the list kept growing... so a Happy Birthday to JaseC, a late one to TronLight because I like it when I receive good wishes over the internet, a good one to SubZero's account, and last but not least, best wishes to alternate Morningbus.

14tG0gQ.jpg

I'm joking but really best wishes to you two.

Dr Dogg

I love that I keep on finding new Enhanced Steam features I don't see many folks talking about. For example the add the wishlist to cart function. Might be a bit too expensive with what I have loaded up but can see that being a time saver. What's the chances of implementing something like AJAX style functionality where you can add individual items to your cart without navigating away from your wishlist jshackles? Not that I'm trying to foist more work on you if course :)

jshackles

I love that I keep on finding new Enhanced Steam features I don't see many folks talking about. For example the add the wishlist to cart function. Might be a bit too expensive with what I have loaded up but can see that being a time saver. What's the chances of implementing something like AJAX style functionality where you can add individual items to your cart without navigating away from your wishlist jshackles? Not that I'm trying to foist more work on you if course :)

:)

It's something I've been looking into, but it's tricky to implement since most user's wishlists default to the "rank" sorting, meaning the boxes can move around the page. But I'm sure it'll get figured out eventually.

For now, at least there is an "Add to cart" button on the wishlist. For the life of me, I can't figure out why Valve hasn't added this button themselves yet.

Turfster

Slight digression, but if you haven't been tracking the GOG insomnia thread: third and final go-around started if you missed a deal before.

Li Kao

Another digression but please excuse me, the curiosity is strong in me.

I really love Paris and probably for the old rivalry with Rome, I always compared the two cities, with huge envy for how it is organized and how it managed to grow in an urbanistically modern way, where Rome was being spoiled at first by the oppressive tiny streets wanted by the Church (they are astounding beautiful, but now are totally non viable in a city ruled by private transportation) and then by wild unplanned construction.

What do you mean about the tiny streets being a result of the Church's will ? What ? How ? Why ? I feel like there is a nice tidbit of culture I could add to my brain here.

Dr Dogg

:)

It's something I've been looking into, but it's tricky to implement since most user's wishlists default to the "rank" sorting, meaning the boxes can move around the page. But I'm sure it'll get figured out eventually.

For now, at least there is an "Add to cart" button on the wishlist. For the life of me, I can't figure out why Valve hasn't added this button themselves yet.

Hahaha. Is there nothing you haven't thought of yet?

It does seam a bit tacked on and not fully integrated into the store. If you take something say like Amazon's wishlist which functions as both a gathering of rubbish you might want but powerful enough to sort each item into separate list or add subsections into your cart with just a couple if clicks, that's how I expect a store wishlist to function. The Steam on is just a basic list with ordering via an integer field by the looks of things and that's your lot. All the purchasing and social features as well as some great management functions you've added have made it much more usable.

Salsa

friend of mine is freaking out over a valve survey where they asked him why he bought a game from the US if he lives in Uruguay

turns out he bought GTAIV years ago with a proxy

dude is freaking about telling the truth or lying and he thinks that if he says he travelled Valve is gonna check if he was really in the US and he's gonna go to jail

I cant believe the shit im reading, but it's in spanish so no point in posting. omg

Freezard

Your transaction failed because you are trying to buy 'Magic the Gathering: Duels of the Planeswalkers: Gold Expansion Bundle' which requires ownership of 'Duels of the Planeswalkers'. Please correct the error and try again.

Someone help me? The core game doesn't even exist! Neither do the expansions when I try click on them... I can only buy the bundle but it doesn't include the core game.

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/8171

derExperte

friend of mine is freaking out over a valve survey where they asked him why he bought a game from the US if he lives in Uruguay

dude is freaking about telling the truth or lying and he thinks that if he says he travelled Valve is gonna check if he was really in the US and he's gonna go to jail

I cant believe the shit im reading, but it's in spanish so no point in posting. omg

It's because taxes and marketplace and stuff. Tell him Valve doesn't care, they'll just send the info to some other company and they'll then tell the IRS that he's not a US citizen. The end.

Ryne

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Metro 2033, Risen, and Sacred Citadel -- MB-C04381DBC2CBC910 - Taken by qazqaNii

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
A lot more Strategy First games are now discounted. Just picked up another dozen or so games myself.

Happy birthday to my one and only steam support!
Jasec, have a nice year and 3K game count
btw why you so young? Don't you think it's unfair somewhat?
Happy birthday JaseC :)
Happy Birthday Man!!! :D
Let me guess... 26? I'll be eating some cake in your honour
3060427571_1_5_ZeyJZOhC.gif
HBD JaseC! Enjoy the ride to 30.
... and happy birthday, JaseC!

Fuck me, caught up on the thread and the list kept growing... so a Happy Birthday to JaseC, a late one to TronLight because I like it when I receive good wishes over the internet, a good one to SubZero's account, and last but not least, best wishes to alternate Morningbus.

14tG0gQ.jpg

I'm joking but really best wishes to you two.
Yup. Happy birthday JaseC. :)

Cheers. :)

episode 3 of The Walking Dead season 2 is up btw

guessing most of you knew this but I didnt

You should peel yourself away from Animal Vet Hospital 3D more often.

Someone help me? The core game doesn't even exist! Neither do the expansions when I try click on them... I can only buy the bundle but it doesn't include the core game.

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/8171

Buy this. It includes the DLC and the game, despite what the page says.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca

Share the link, now I'm totally curious XD

holy crap dat bomb

I like how descriptive they are with what you get for your money...

Founder's Packs Options

Landmark Offers Three Different Packs

Settler Pack - $19.99 – Includes unrestricted beta access plus exclusive in-game items
Explorer Pack - $59.99 – Includes all Settler Pack items plus several additional items not included in the Settler Pack
Trailblazer Pack - $99.99 – Includes all Settler and Explorer Pack items plus additional items not included is the Settler and Explorer Pack, such as 4 sharable permanent beta keys and your name in the Landmark Credits.

Purchase a Founder's Pack! Join us now, stake your claim and help build EverQuest Next!

JaseC

If someone has told Valve that they're not a US resident for tax purposes but there's a record of a direct purchase from the US store then Valve will say "Wait a minute..." He'll need to provide proof of residency, which can take several weeks for Valve to verify, but he won't go to jail, haha.

Happy birthday JaseC!

Ta!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
stealth release of Landmark holy shit, does this mean EQ Next will be on steam?

err I might buy this, I could use something to play

JaseC

Should I get Dishonored or the Game of the Year edition? Can I get anything extra in the GOTY edition as separate DLC?

You can buy the DLC separately but half of it is story-related, so you might as well just grab the GOTY Edition. Bethesda is unlikely to discount the DLC alone by anything more than 50% (see: Skyrim).

I won't make a whole new thread for it so I'll just post it in here:

LTTP - Bastion

bastion.jpg

I just beat the game yesterday and I really enjoyed it for the most part. The visuals are beautiful and the combat is pretty fun. I like all the upgrades and items you can get, it adds replayability to the game since you won't get everything upgraded in the first run. One thing that really bothered me was that you move sooooo slooooooooooooow! It made me impatient so I would roll around everywhere but when you do that you often fall off the map. Aside from that, I don't have many negative things to say about Bastion. I give the game a thumbs up.

*Edit - As for the choices I made at the end:
I decided to save Zulf and not activate the Bastion. I don't blame Zulf at all for his actions. The Caelondians basically nuked his civilization (and their own, but that's their fault). I also figure what's done is done, no need to reset to the past. Plus, that kid is too badass to just let himself be erased like that.

jshackles

Dishonored and it's DLC are also on sale at Gamefly.

http://digital.gamefly.com/#!/promotion/746

Use coupon MAY20OFF for 20% off.

EDIT: I guess the other person that linked it just linked it to a blog that links it to Gamefly.

Copons

Another digression but please excuse me, the curiosity is strong in me.

What do you mean about the tiny streets being a result of the Church's will ? What ? How ? Why ? I feel like there is a nice tidbit of culture I could add to my brain here.

I'm gonna keep it very short, mostly because that's something I knew several years ago and now I've basically forget it...

Let's say that Rome remained, like, fixed in time between the fall of the Empire and 15th-16th centuries, when Pope Sixtus V re-planned a big part of it, in a way that would have been the bone structure of the modern Rome until Italian unification, with some Piedmont-related architecture here and there, and then with Mussolini, who had incredibly innovative - let's say, "futuristic" - ideas about urbanistic.

So, while Sixtus V actually created the main roads we are enjoying even today, there was also a huge Christianising program, necessary to maintain and justify the caste-like social structure, involving a super rich clergy, some rich old-school nobles, and a huge amount of bums, who were fine with their condition both because Romans are traditionally too lazy to lift a finger to improve it, and because they were deeply scared of various Catholic punishments and what not (to the point that part of St. Peter Basil was funded literally selling full absolutions to poor people).

Now, part of this Christianising program was the building of huge churchs around the city to convey the sense of God's power. Poor people were left living in old crumbling buildings separated by tiny and dark streets, so that when wandering around the city they suddenly came out to magnificent plazas and big God's buildings, they'd feel his power more and more.
Or, less poetically, no one gave a damn about their life conditions, so fuck yeah improving rich people neighborhoods roads, but fuck no improving poor people old as shit houses in the very center of the city.

This led to a city center that basically looks like some old medieval village, with mazes of tiny streets where even Romans get constantly lost (let alone the fact that one ways are crrrrrazy and nonsensical there, so if you happen to go there by car or scooter, and survive the fact that streets are overruled by walking people, you're basically gonna die in search of a way out). :D

But then came Mussolini who said stuff like "eh, I like St. Peter, but it could use a more magnificent road leading to it. let's tear down the entire neighborhood here to build a 4 lanes road!", or "eh, I like Imperial Fora, but Romans need to cross it by car, so let's tear half of it down to build another 4 lanes road!".
I hate Mussolini as much as the next guy, but I totally appreciate his trolling-but-modern urbanistic ideas. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom