• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
anyone knows if you ned a SOE account for Landmark or if it uses your steam ID?

louiedog

The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth will have a pre-order discount for BoI owners.

0Xm1Mic.jpg

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
I won't make a whole new thread for it so I'll just post it in here:

LTTP - Bastion

I just beat the game yesterday and I really enjoyed it for the most part. The visuals are beautiful and the combat is pretty fun. I like all the upgrades and items you can get, it adds replayability to the game since you won't get everything upgraded in the first run. One thing that really bothered me was that you move sooooo slooooooooooooow! It made me impatient so I would roll around everywhere but when you do that you often fall off the map. Aside from that, I don't have many negative things to say about Bastion. I give the game a thumbs up.

*Edit - As for the choices I made at the end:
I decided to save Zulf and not activate the Bastion. I don't blame Zulf at all for his actions. The Caelondians basically nuked his civilization (and their own, but that's their fault). I also figure what's done is done, no need to reset to the past. Plus, that kid is too badass to just let himself be erased like that.

I made a RTTP thread over here, actually. I agree with your critique about speed - I found myself rolling all over the place just to get from point A to B faster. Being slow also isn't helpful in a fight.

Regarding the ending:
Resetting the past isn't perfect - it's implied that the Calamity might happen again anyway, which suggests a cycle of suffering. Despite how optimistic the reset option initially sounds, I think the option you took is the better choice.

Seanspeed

Banned
Started STALKER: Call of Pripyat Complete.

Lots have been said about these games and this is supposed to be the best one.

I think its really shoddy so far. I'm a sucker for a good atmosphere and open-ended/world gameplay, which is what attracted me to these game and was super excited to find them on sale recently(finally). But man, the shooting is awful. Just bloody awful.

I also don't know what I'm doing or who is an enemy and who isn't. I've apparently killed a few Stalkers already, not realizing it.

Somebody, please tell me some reasons for me to continue.... :(

DocSeuss

I think its really shoddy so far. I'm a sucker for a good atmosphere and open-ended/world gameplay, which is what attracted me to these game and was super excited to find them on sale recently(finally). But man, the shooting is awful. Just bloody awful.

I also don't know what I'm doing or who is an enemy and who isn't. I've apparently killed a few Stalkers already, not realizing it.

Call of Pripyat is the worst one, in my book. Its world is the emptiest and dullest to explore. And the shooting is more simulation-like than traditional shooter-like. Not sure what you were expecting.

Humble posted a Doctor Who related picture on their Facebook page

10325205_711210685588905_3900302195486691523_n.jpg

Take note of the date in amongst the writing, which is tomorrow's date.

Tomorrow's bundle will likely be Doctor Who: The Adventure Games & Eternity Clock.

I made the mistake of buying and trading the cards for Adventure Games thinking i would get this super awesome TARDIS badge for my profile.

Nope, just a dumb bow tie badge.

mrgone

Humble posted a Doctor Who related picture on their Facebook page

10325205_711210685588905_3900302195486691523_n.jpg

Take note of the date in amongst the writing, which is tomorrow's date.

Tomorrow's bundle will likely be Doctor Who: The Adventure Games & Eternity Clock.

I made the mistake of buying and trading the cards for Adventure Games thinking i would get this super awesome TARDIS badge for my profile.

Nope, just a dumb bow tie badge.

Coincidentally It's also the Super TIME Force release date, at least for Xbox / Xbox One.

No idea when it's being released elsewhere though (you know, the super time platform, the modern personal computer)

louiedog

The game that Google put up during the 50th anniversary was probably the most palatable of any of them. I tried the early adventure ones... no.

I didn't like The Eternity Clock when I played it in co-op on my PS3. The co-op part felt sort of forced in and resulted in a lot of one of the players just standing around. It was also really buggy. Those things might be fine in single player on the PC, but beyond that it was still kind of dull, which is how I felt about the adventure games.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Are any of the Doctor Who games actually good?

As a huge fan of the show, I actually enjoyed the first season of The Adventure Games. It's like Telltale's adventure games, but with much less polish and style. If you're not a fan of the series, you'll probably want to skip them. If you've never seen Doctor Who, you're better off spending your money on the DVDs and watching the show, which is infinitely more entertaining.

The Eternity Clock game had higher "production values", but overall it was much less fun (for me, at least) than the adventure games.

Grief.exe

SoC is considered the best of the series.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Are any of the Doctor Who games actually good?

On the whole, no.

While The Adventure Games are okay to decent stories and that's worth experiencing as a fan of the Eleventh Doctor and some side-plots from the old series, they are rather basic and at times rather cumbersome adventure games.
It was free for the U.K. and the quality shines through with that aspect, and while I am glad I played them, I can't say they would have been something I would be happy having spent much money on. So perhaps okay for a cheap bundle?

Doctor Who: The Mazes of Time for iOS and Android is actually decent, frustration can be found with the controls, but overall it's a decent little game and reminescent of the puzzle finding and solving top down games that used to be popular on ZX Spectrum and Amiga.

Doctor Who: Return to Earth is absolute rubbish and should never be played. However the Wii Remote shaped like the Sonic Screwdriver is brilliant and an absolute must for all Doctor Who fans because Wii Remotes can connect to devices via bluetooth. I can now turn on and off every device in my home with a Sonic Screwdriver and that's great fun for me and friends.

Doctor Who: Destiny of the Doctors is another bad game, just suffered from being a title of the FMV late 1990s craze. However it's worth looking up the intro for on Youtube because it is Anthony Ainley's final performance as the Doctor before his death and that is worth seeing if you are a fan of The Master.

Doctor Who: Legacy on iOS is actually good and fun adventure for the Eleventh Doctor and his cast using a Puzzle Quest/Marvel Heroes like match 3 or more gems, special effects, RPG system that I've been enjoying.

Every other game should be ignored for they offer nothing of worth.

Piano

Banned
Damn, I'm super conflicted on whether or not to get Binding of Isaac.
I really, really want the game, but half of my friends who own it have had serious technical issues which make me think I'm better off waiting for Rebirth (framerate issues, can't go fullscreen, crashes, etc)

edit: Also, re: Dishonored on Gamefly ... which DLC packs do I need?

DukeBobby

Thanks for the responses, guys.

I'm not really a fan of the program (although I enjoyed the one series with Christopher Eccleston), so I'll give the bundle a miss.

Nabs

I really, really want the game, but half of my friends who own it have had serious technical issues which make me think I'm better off waiting for Rebirth (framerate issues, can't go fullscreen, crashes, etc)

You get a Steam discount on Rebirth by owning the original. It's worth grabbing at 1 buck.

There's also a chance you'll be able to pick up a Humble Bundle with it in it soon.

It's one of my favorite games of the past few years, I've got 51 hours played, but I stopped playing it (while not really wanting to!) just because the framerate and what not is so frustrating that I'd rather just wait for Rebirth.

Vlad

For what it's worth, I haven't had any of those issues.

Tellaerin

Okay, I'm playing Serious Sam 3 right now. Can someone tell me why I have the option to melee someone from halfway across a room, allowing me to instantly teleport to the target and instakill them? I just ran into a bunch of guys, spammed E, and teleported around the room snapping everyone's neck like Nightcrawler: Assassin Edition. Don't get me wrong, it was pretty cool and all, but I can't help but wonder if the game's actually supposed to work like this or if it's a glitch or what.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
That's intended for Serious Sam 3, at least on the easier difficulties.

If you like Doctor Who, skip the games, and purchase the About Time books. Especially if you grew up watching/are interested in learning about the pre-2005 series (though the later volumes cover that era too). I'm reading the fifth volume right now, great stuff. http://madnorwegian.com/category/books/doctor-who/

I always recommend the Big Finish Audio Plays as well, as they do amazing work with the franchise prior to the Ninth Doctor in fun and enjoyable sessions with the past Doctors and companions, as well as many new ones.
These turned the Sixth Doctor from one of the most hated to one of the most enjoyed by long time fans, gave us most everything known about the Eighth Doctor (who started the monthly line), and gave the start to the Time War that is so important to the start of the current run from Ninth on.

Just great stories set in the old style of multiple episodes, but done in a modern style so they don't drag on as old weekly episodes used to int he 70s and 80s and they wonderfully expand the universe getting to tell types of tales and experiences the show can't. For example, wouldn't you like to know why the Daleks suddenly found a love for Shakespeare? How about the Doctor in a dimension where there is no time? Perhaps seeing the Doctor deal with vampires, both human made and the ancient enemies of the Time Lords? They also get to experiment in their stories, such as a tale with two stories from two different perspectives, one from only hearing news reports, another involving or a several stories from the companions (actual former actors) about how they saw an adventure or what they were up to when the Doctor wasn't around.

I highly recommend Davros , who was never one of my favourite villains, but they made him someone I cared about here. Also anything involving Charlie, the 8th Doctor's companion, quite important her.

Caerith

A lot more Strategy First games are now discounted. Just picked up another dozen or so games myself.
I noticed that. What's the deal with Strategy First, anyway? Are the devs for these games being paid, or are these games up pretty much illegally with a risk of being pulled in the event that the developer notices?

Joe Molotov

Man, I'm not comfortable with this Strategy First sale. It feels like a scam to get me to buy a lot of Hidden Object games, and it's totally working. :(

zkylon

zkylewd
friend of mine is freaking out over a valve survey where they asked him why he bought a game from the US if he lives in Uruguay

turns out he bought GTAIV years ago with a proxy

dude is freaking about telling the truth or lying and he thinks that if he says he travelled Valve is gonna check if he was really in the US and he's gonna go to jail

I cant believe the shit im reading, but it's in spanish so no point in posting. omg

pm me yo

i need to read this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom