• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.
This post reminded me that my Steam Birthday is somewhere in the middle of May. Color me surprised when I logged in a few minutes ago and was greeted by a much more colorful storefront. Pretty cool stuff, jschakles.

Woah this just reminded me, my Steam birthday is on May 15th, would have missed it if I didn't see this post.

Grief.exe

It just another online only game that is dead online (48 current players) why would anyone in there right mind every buy it willingly?

It just went up today with little fan fare involved. I thought there was a open beta coming up or something.

Also, developed by Human Head Studios, but I believe they picked it up from another developer's bankruptcy.

Is Foundation 9 behind the classic Sega releases on Steam? I know they've been involved with the console legacy stuff, but is that the same for PC?

It just another online only game that is dead online (48 current players) why would anyone in there right mind every buy it willingly?

Yeah. MP-Game, Indie, Early-Acess...

As long as its not Rust or DayZ, I am sure it will be dead in justa few months, which is kinda sad, because often those Games arent even bad, just dont have a community...

Aaron

If you're a multiplayer game without zombies, you need to go free to play. It's impossible to survive otherwise. Stop fooling yourself.

Card Boy

Banned
If you're a multiplayer game without zombies, you need to go free to play. It's impossible to survive otherwise. Stop fooling yourself.

Joke aside It doesn't necessarily have to be F2P, it just needs be good and offer lots of value. Having said that there are plenty of games that have failed.

KiDdYoNe

Hey guys, it's finally 2014 at my work and the internet connection is not limited anymore. Any good cards i can buy and resell? :)

Edit: Oh, Happy Birthday, JaseC! Don't forget NOT to play those games!

jediyoshi

Joke aside It doesn't necessarily have to be F2P, it just needs be good and offer lots of value. Having said that there are plenty of games that have failed.

Value and quality probably don't factor in whatsoever. You said it yourself, it has a low player count, full stop. Why would people play it. There are a ton of shitty f2p games that at least have the benefit of there being an audience at all to complain about it.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Happy birthday JaseC!
Oh, it's JaseC's birthday? Best of wishes to ya, Source Logan.
Happy Birthday, JaseC! 25 is a great age. It's all downhill after this.
Happy Birthday JaseC :)
Indeed! Happy Birthday, Jase - hope you have a great day, buddy.

Cheers!

Incidentally, May 14th is also the birth date of Holy Roman Emperor Charles IV.

It is said that, as a child, Charles was given the gift of a dog on his birthday, a dog that proceeded to poop in every hidden nook of the expansive royal palace grounds. As a lesson in responsibility and dedication, Charles was sternly directed by his father, King John of Bohemia, to diligently tidy-up after his wayward and adventurous pet. This deed was documented for ninety hours by Charles' loyal squire, and this account of Charles' poop-scooping collect-a-thon, and the little dog he had named 'Ubi' (later tragically lost when the palace gates failed to close successfully), is said to have been the inspiration behind the naming of the company Jase so knows and loves today.
Well, maybe.

Ubisoft: The Untold Story. Coming soon to The History Channel.

2000+ game master race, checking in

EZMkNAh.png

This was my birthday gift to you, Jase. ☆*:.。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆

And what a gift it is! ;)

Happy birthday JaseC!

X7DWRIP.png

Strategy First is as old as you are!

25 isn't quite 26, but I'll consider it a birthday blessing all the same, haha. I've bought about 30 games today (25 on Steam itself and a few keys from SF's own site).

This reminds me, how hard is it to track down a Blur key these days?

Quite easy... if you're willing to part with a relatively large sum of money.

Arthea

I couldn't buy those Strategy First games after all, not like I gonna play them ever, and besides, it just seemed wrong. I still ended buying 3 that playfire offers rewards for. Some of us are so easily manipulated, first cards, now playfire rewards too (><)

2000+ game master race, checking in

EZMkNAh.png

This was my birthday gift to you, Jase. &#9734;*:.&#65377;. o(&#8807;&#9661;&#8806;)o .&#65377;.:*&#9734;

nice showcase, that BLurrrr
and even nicer 2K

Corpekata

Banned
Landmark and EQNext are two games. Landmark was previously called EQNext Landmark, they're just rebranding to show they're seperate entities.

I couldn't buy those Strategy First games after all, not like I gonna play them ever, and besides, it just seemed wrong. I still ended buying 3 that playfire offers rewards for. Some of us are so easily manipulated, first cards, now playfire rewards too (><)

nice showcase, that BLurrrr
and even nicer 2K

What ones have playfire?

Arthea

I haven't played Strike Suit Zero for a long time, may be I forgot how things are. I played the first mission of Director's cut last night (it's tutorial more or less), I haven't gotten any medal for it. That can't be right (><)
I'm not even playing on hard, but on normal!

Arthea

About DW8, I see some reviews from people having no issues with the game. Granted they mostly played for 4-5 hours, but still.
How sure are we about this crash thingie being real?

so speaking of all these cakes, today's my birthday. wheee, only 1 year til 30. sucks.

now, shower me with gifts please. i neeezz itt

happy birthday!
That's not how it works! and who are you? (><)

kudoboi

How do you know what currency is being added?

From steam dev days
STEAM-PIC-610x519.jpg

the currencies being added are
Australian dollar, the Canadian dollar, the Indonesian rupiah, the Japanese yen, the Malaysian ringgit, the Mexican peso, the New Zealand dollar, the Norwegian krone, the Philippine peso, the Singapore dollar, the Thai baht, and the Ukrainian hryvnia.

aku:jiki

I kind of want to buy Bad Rats in the SF sale since it feels like my library is incomplete without it, but then again, it feels unavoidable that I end up winning it in some troll giveaway sooner or later. Decisions, decisions!

I also want to buy that Shannon Tweed game because lol.

I kind of want to buy Bad Rats in the SF sale since it feels like my library is incomplete without it, but then again, it feels unavoidable that I end up winning it in some troll giveaway sooner or later. Decisions, decisions!

1. Just ask during a sale "So. What is that Bad Rats Game everyone is talking about?"
2. ???
3. Have fun with 3-5 gifts of Bad Rats

From steam dev days
STEAM-PIC-610x519.jpg

the currencies being added are
Australian dollar, the Canadian dollar, the Indonesian rupiah, the Japanese yen, the Malaysian ringgit, the Mexican peso, the New Zealand dollar, the Norwegian krone, the Philippine peso, the Singapore dollar, the Thai baht, and the Ukrainian hryvnia.

Still wondering why HK-$, TW and chinese RMB still arent added, since Steam there is already translated and they have quite a few servers in these areas.

I don't have it either, but at this point I'm just waiting for the GOTY edition.

Arthea

I don't have it either, but at this point I'm just waiting for the GOTY edition.

I laughed.
They should do that, imperial edition, goty edition, ultimate edition and so on.

not buying bad rats still. It's one thing to get some junk from bundles, quite other consciously deciding to buy it! (><)

Zafir

About DW8, I see some reviews from people having no issues with the game. Granted they mostly played for 4-5 hours, but still.
How sure are we about this crash thingie being real?

happy birthday!
That's not how it works! and who are you? (><)
Well I wish my freezing issue wasn't real. But it is. Can play some levels but not others.

Arthea

Well I wish my freezing issue wasn't real. But it is. Can play some levels but not others.

aww, care to share what OS you are using and your specs?
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that this game has no issues, as I don't know and I wanna know.

Zafir

aww, care to share what OS you are using and your specs?
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that this game has no issues, as I don't know and I wanna know.
Windows 8.1, Intel i5 3570k overclocked to 4.2ghz, 8gb ram, Nvidia 660TI.

When it loads it runs fine ignoring the fact it doesn't support 1440p, just a good number of campaign missions don't seem to load. I tried Wu, Wei, and Lu Bus campaign, Lu's was fine, other two I managed to do the first stage and after that wouldn't load at all no matter what I tried.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom