• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

Windows 8.1, Intel i5 3570k overclocked to 4.2ghz, 8gb ram, Nvidia 660TI.

When it loads it runs fine ignoring the fact it doesn't support 1440p, just a good number of campaign missions don't seem to load. I tried Wu, Wei, and Lu Bus campaign, Lu's was fine, other two I managed to do the first stage and after that wouldn't load at all no matter what I tried.

Thanks, that's close to mine specs, only different video card and I still haven't updated to 8.1.
I'll hit forums later to see if I can get more info about it.

Tizoc

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
how do I cancel preorder on steam ?

If you don't mind having the cost refunded as Wallet credit, you can receive one instantly by visiting your account page, clicking the "Store transactions" tab and then clicking the "Refund an item" link opposite the game name. If you'd prefer the money to go elsewhere, however, then you need to submit a ticket.

Edit: The automatic refund option also works for retail keys. In hindsight I should have had my Broken Age backer key refunded and put the money towards the cost of the game + OST bundle, but at the time I thought DF was going to come through with the "solution" it was exploring instead of just initiating radio silence.

Tizoc

How long do CDKeys keep their pre-order discounts up? I plan on getting GRID Autosport off of them but not until June.

EDIT: Yo GAF can you guess what game this is from?
579GzB5.jpg

Rainy Dog

I've recently started having a weird issue with my Steam not loading in full-size game icons during grid view. Anyone else had this? Roughly half of the images load in when I launch Steam but the other half just have the tiny images from list view in the bottom left of the grey game boxes. Seems to be random games each time I boot up as well...

The other views and big picture are fine so it's a bit of a head scratcher.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I've recently started having a weird issue with my Steam not loading in full-size game icons during grid view. Anyone else had this? Roughly half of the images load in when I launch Steam but the other half just have the tiny images from list view in the bottom left of the grey game boxes. Seems to be random games each time I boot up as well...

The other views and big picture are fine so it's a bit of a head scratcher.

Switch to the beta client. The current stable release has trouble retrieving store header images for some reason.

Card Boy

Banned
My profile went to level 0 for some reason and badges are not showing but friends ones are still the same.

edit: In web view its showing up as level 0 aswell, what the fuck.......

Am I the only one who thinks that unfinished episodic games (Telltale, KR0, etc) should be released on Early Access until they have last episode ready?

I mean, it's only fair - this would certainly motivate the devs to finish the game - none of this 'three months waiting for 90 minutes of gameplay' bullshit.

I just tend not to buy any episodic games until the whole thing is released anyway, it saves me from having to wait around between instalments and getting my hopes up too much.

Knurek

So, a new Humble today... Guess all that griping about non-gaming bundles paid off.
Hopefully we'll get a new one today, two re-runs in a row would be pushing it.

Wrapped up Telltale's CSI 3 yesterday, finishing up my Chrono Trigger (DS) run as well. Not sure if I'll be up for Half Life 2 today, antlions are way better than toxic zombies, but it seems the level I'm at has both of them combined with Combine. :\

How is SCI btw? For someone not fond of Telltale's games usually.

Pretty good casual adventure game that's not 100% a HOPA.
Character models are pretty terrible (seriously, Quake 1 looked and animated better), but the voice acting is great, especially since they were able to license most of show's staff.
Puns are as good/terrible as the one's from the show, actual cases are... uh, on par with general CSI level.
Basically, solid/good if you're fan of the show.

Arthea

So, a new Humble today... Guess all that griping about non-gaming bundles paid off.

Wrapped up Telltale's CSI 3 yesterday, finishing up my Chrono Trigger (DS) run as well. Not sure if I'll be up for Half Life 2 today, antlions are way better than toxic zombies, but it seems the level I'm at has both of them combined with Combine. :\

How is SCI btw? For someone not fond of Telltale's games usually.

My profile went to level 0 for some reason and badges are not showing but friends ones are still the same.

edit: In web view its showing up as level 0 aswell, what the fuck.......

You're not alone. Same thing has just happened to me and, judging by the Steam forums, it's a pretty big thing right now.

Tizoc

So GAF, I'm at a dlimmea of sorts...do I spend my GMG credit and get Wolfenstein 2014 for $18ish, or grab it from CDKeys for $35ish (22 Pounds) and save my GMG credit for another game?

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
So GAF, I'm at a dlimmea of sorts...do I spend my GMG credit and get Wolfenstein 2014 for $18ish, or grab it from CDKeys for $35ish (22 Pounds) and save my GMG credit for another game?
If you will want a major release later on, but it will be released in a high-density time in regard to your purchases (either a packed month, or during a big sale if you're weak to those) save it for later and you'll feel eased buying a big release in the pressure of that time. Otherwise, use it now, because as wonderful as Wolfenstein will be, it's a single player game, and likely won't be huge for mods like Skyrim.

Oops, meant to edit this into the last post.

What if the next 13 bundles will be Humble Audiocomicbooks Bundle?
I'd be cool with comics if they were cool comics.

Knurek

What if the next 13 bundles will be Humble Audiocomicbooks Bundle?

Well, given that the Deep Silver one has made in 12 hours 3 times as much as the previous comic one in two weeks...
Yeah, I don't think so. Humble loves money as much as the next guy.

Copons

Well, but in that bundle there were actually good comics (ie. Saga). I guess the problem is that usual comics readers most likely already have bought those, and the casual readers were turned off by the fact that there were basically no complete series.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Well, but in that bundle there were actually good comics (ie. Saga). I guess the problem is that usual comics readers most likely already have bought those, and the casual readers were turned off by the fact that there were basically no complete series.
I've never really liked stuff from Image, but you're right that no complete series was a further turnoff.

Knurek

Humble Shounen Jump Bundle
(complete runs of Dragon Ball Z, Bleach, Naruto and One Piece).

wilflare

From steam dev days
STEAM-PIC-610x519.jpg

the currencies being added are
Australian dollar, the Canadian dollar, the Indonesian rupiah, the Japanese yen, the Malaysian ringgit, the Mexican peso, the New Zealand dollar, the Norwegian krone, the Philippine peso, the Singapore dollar, the Thai baht, and the Ukrainian hryvnia.

Singapore Dollar.... not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing :/

Knurek

Been there, already own those. (except Bleach and Naruto because they suck balls #teamOnePiece)

Oh, is OP good? I mean, actually good? I have 80-something volumes on my Kindle, might as well get around to reading them if it doesn't suck.

I'm expecting them all to be re-runs of past bundles. They're not going to make the effort of setting up a new bundle for just one day.

Copons

Oh, is OP good? I mean, actually good? I have 80-something volumes on my Kindle, might as well get around to reading them if it doesn't suck.

I'm following the Italian release so I'm a little behind but it's really good.
As it's understandable for an extremely long publications, it has some highs and lows, but overall its wacky comic sense remains awesome for the entire length of the series.
Battles are always over the top, and even when it lingers in the tropes of the shonen genre (ie. you are powerful, then an enemy more powerful come, you train and learn a new skill that paint your hair blonde, you win, ad libitum) it manages to find nonsensical and funny solutions to resolve them.
I'd appreciate more talking/explorations, as it would suit better the pirate setting, than battles, but I guess I may simply have grown out shonen genre, or better, I've read them for like 25 years, and now I just don't find them as fun as before anymore.

aku:jiki

I'm expecting them all to be re-runs of past bundles. They're not going to make the effort of setting up a new bundle for just one day.
Putting up a re-run takes the exact same amount of licensing effort, unless they've been planning this for like a year and had this event in their contracts for a
ton of their past bundles. They're not getting a "sell our products for any price you want any time you want lol" deal from the publishers.

If you mean that the effort is finding games to bundle, I really doubt Humble has that issue. Publishers are likely coming to them by now.

Knurek

Expect some unique bundles curated specifically for this event. You will also see special deals on games packaged with great extras. We are also opening up the vault and bringing back some bundles for one-night-only reunion shows and kicking off this festival with one of our favorites.

Humble themselves stated there will be new ones.

Nzyme32

Singapore Dollar.... not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing :/

Apparently they will also be trying to have pricing that is matched to the local area so that games are affordable but in practice, this tends to only be true with countries like Russia and Brazil where the value discrepancy vs other countries currency is much higher. Not too sure on how things are for the Singaporean dollar

kurahador

Battles are always over the top, and even when it lingers in the tropes of the shonen genre (ie. you are powerful, then an enemy more powerful come, you train and learn a new skill that paint your hair blonde, you win, ad libitum) it manages to find nonsensical and funny solutions to resolve them.

What I love about OP was there were only one instance where they all train to become stronger and that was pretty recent and pretty much needed IMO.

Before that it was all about enduring tough fights instead of same old fight-lose-train-fight-win trope.

Tizoc

If you will want a major release later on, but it will be released in a high-density time in regard to your purchases (either a packed month, or during a big sale if you're weak to those) save it for later and you'll feel eased buying a big release in the pressure of that time. Otherwise, use it now, because as wonderful as Wolfenstein will be, it's a single player game, and likely won't be huge for mods like Skyrim.

Oops, meant to edit this into the last post.

I'm fine with it being SP only. I get to slaughter Nazis, that's enough SP content for me.

Rainy Dog

Seriously tempted by Dishonored for £1.99 at Gamefly. Thing is, I'd heard good things about the DLC so were holding out for a 75% off the GOTY edition.

Hmm, think I'll stick to my guns and leave it for now.

Copons

What I love about OP was there were only one instance where they all train to become stronger and that was pretty recent and pretty much needed IMO.

Before that it was all about enduring tough fights instead of same old fight-lose-train-fight-win trope.

Yup, I may have said it in a non-understandable way, but I meant to say that it rarely (once indeed) happens, favouring a more subtle "training off screen", that gives back some funny situations during battles, like: the good guys is losing, BUT WAIT, actually I just learned this new super powerful skill no one else knows about it ahahah", that in basically every other story would be a crappy thing to pull out, instead in One Piece it fits perfectly with the random nonsense atmosphere that permeates everything.

Ratrat

Not sure if this goes here but I have a question.
I bought Mortal Kombat off the Humble Store but am currently unable to link it to my steam account because the game is apparently not available in my area. >_>
Spotflux is not helping so I assume I am screwed? Is there anything I can do? If not is a refund possible or can I even sell it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom