• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArjanN

1F2D2F51396488B47469A9B82E8D8552E18EAFE8

I won the game.

Too late for playfire,
but at least I got it without cheating.

What is fat rolling?
I can run and jump and roll.
Not as fast with other sets, but still can move myself.

Once your total equipment weight goes over a certain percentage you slow down significantly.

Seanspeed

Banned
borderlands is something i really wanted to like but never really feel motivated to play, I think the checkpoints are pretty far too? I remember the last few times I try, I quit midway through only to start all the way back at an early save point, so it didn't help.
That's what keeps me from playing most of the time. I do actually have a lot of fun playing the game, but it feels like work at times. Its difficult if you're by yourself and having to heave through these long levels, knowing death means you have to do it all over again is rough.

FloatOn

What is fat rolling?
I can run and jump and roll.
Not as fast with other sets, but still can move myself.

There are three types of roll speeds. fast, medium and "fat"

- anything above 70% equip load gives you the fat roll. which is very slow and has the least amount of invisibility frames.

- 50%-70% equip load is the mid roll which is medium speed with an average amount of invisibility frames.

- less than 50% is the fast roll which is for trolololol pvp antics mainly.

I think I'm about to go to 75% in my current Dark Souls II build.

Pumping Vit to stay under 50% just isn't viable in NG++ while keeping my health so low. Normal mobs 2 shot me at this point.

EDIT: While keeping my SL160.

I'm still on my first playthrough of DS2. Nearing the end though and I'm rocking light armor since I'm an INT build. I've only used a bonfire ascetic once to get the moonlight greatsword. And that was a real bitch because those spiders in Tseldora were pretty much 2 shotting me as well.

ArjanN

- anything above 70% equip load gives you the fat roll. which is very slow and has the least amount of invisibility frames.

- 50%-70% equip load is the mid roll which is medium speed with an average amount of invisibility frames.

Invincibility
:p

Nzyme32

Civ Beyond Earth will be the cover story for PC Gamer in July with an "in depth preview of the game", for anyone interested

I'm still on my first playthrough of DS2. Nearing the end though and I'm rocking light armor since I'm an INT build. I've only used a bonfire ascetic once to get the moonlight greatsword. And that was a real bitch because those spiders in Tseldora were pretty much 2 shotting me as well.

By memory, I think i'm in the 50%-70% equip load.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Daily Volgarr 66% off
Humble flash Prison Architect 66% off

Didn't the devs say it wasn't going to be discounted again so soon?

EDIT: Beaten

kudoboi

Im totally uable to play Borderlands 2 and has been it for weeks. It's just so unmotivating to play it. Don't know why. I even bought the fucking season pass.

similar here. played it a lot during the free weekend, bought it with the season pass for $19 and didn't feel like playing it anymore. part of it is probably due to the fact that the game is so grind-ish. i left off at the
wildlife exploitation reserve
and did not feel like completing past that.

another factor that contributed to it was the fact that nobody plays this game at my timezone. the game was enjoyable because we had a huge group of people who were playing it. but after the free weekend, the game soon became very empty. I had attempted many times to find other players but to no avail. i even waited for an hour and not a single person joined my game.

IMO, the game is pretty dull when playing alone. the world feels very empty.

Zeeman

He may not have been totally aware, I remember chubigans had something similar happen to him when he didn't know that Cook, Serve, Delicious! was chosen for a flash sale until after the fact.

He references it here http://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/Davi...much_do_indie_PC_devs_make_anyways_Part_V.php

I woke up one morning in December to a mess of Twitter replies. My game, at 4am that morning, had been chosen for a Flash Sale during the Steam Winter Sale at 75% off. I was a mess of emotions: I had no idea that was gonna happen, and was I really ready to have my game sell that low? (I had put in the 75% offer to Steam, so I knew it was possible, but you don’t know if you’re picked). Would my sales crash afterwards, with people not wanting to buy the game anymore after it was so cheap?

I frantically looked at my sales data. Only a few hundred dollars it seemed, hmmm, maybe people just aren’t that interested in the game. Then I realized Steam froze all data at 4am the moment it went on sale. I had no idea how it was doing.

I was excited, until I realized I had told some people earlier on Steam and Twitter that they should buy the game at 50% off since CSD wasn’t chosen for a Flash Sale. I felt terrible, and quickly posted in the forums that it was completely my fault, and I would be more than happy to buy a game for them on Steam should they feel that they were mislead, as they certainly were, albeit by accident. That seemed to calm some folks down, but surprisingly no one took me up on it. That offer still stands, by the way.

hgZ0Lzj.png

Yeah...a bigger discount will be seen.
WTF? That is pretty goddamned sleazy.

Game looks amazing though.

Edit: Just saw Zeeman's post. I guess it could have taken him by surprise, but it seems strange to me that a dev wouldn't know about Valve's plans to discount a game. Anyone else here know more about how that stuff works?

In case someone buys this from the Gala Store hoping to, you know, get what's actually advertised, it comes with a Desura key, not a Steam key.

http://store.indiegala.com/index.php/soul-gambler.html

I was interested in the game anyway, so cool for me, but just a heads up.

Edit: Pretty sure the game doesn't have an impending Steam release anyway - I believe the devs are sprucing some things up for a broader Winter re-release.

Dr Dogg

I dunno, I'm around the same area you are at in BL2, and I don't mind playing it entirely solo.

I started playing with a group of mates but they got bored of it so I tried to knock it out solo. While it's no way hard it seams to be geared around group play as it takes way too long to level up enough to get consistently good gear and some of the later encounters are massive bullet sponges that take 30-45 mins to take down solo for the recommended quest levels. Doable solo but not fun I'd say.

Civ Beyond Earth will be the cover story for PC Gamer in July with an "in depth preview of the game", for anyone interested

Urgh I begrudge buying mags these day in the times of new media. I'll try and put it through expenses if it has some decent coverage as I'm super stoked for this.

yuraya

lol playfire crazy. Giving away free games and a lot of free $ for achievements. Where do I find time for all these cheevos. THey need to start extending these time limits to like 10 days. Nobody got time for all that.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
WTF? That is pretty goddamned sleazy.

Game looks amazing though.

Edit: Just saw Zeeman's post. I guess it could have taken him by surprise, but it seems strange to me that a dev wouldn't know about Valve's plans to discount a game. Anyone else here know more about how that stuff works?

The way that daily deals work now is that (I believe) developers can elect to set a discount to be chosen as the "daily deal", and Valve approves and schedules them about 2 weeks in advance (usually). This process is a bit different than flash sales during a big sales event.

So it does seem a little sleazy, since in all likelihood the game was already on the calendar to be a daily deal when he posted that tweet.

Although this all goes on "behind closed doors" at Valve, and sometimes last minute substitutions are made. So I guess it's hard to know either way.

r3n4ud

The way that daily deals work now is that (I believe) developers can elect to set a discount to be chosen as the "daily deal", and Valve approves and schedules them about 2 weeks in advance (usually). This process is a bit different than flash sales during a big sales event.

So it does seem a little sleazy, since in all likelihood the game was already on the calendar to be a daily deal when he posted that tweet.

Something seems off then. Why would the dev flat out lie? Sure he would make a bigger cut with Humble Bundle, but why tarnish their name? Weird...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom