• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volimar

Ok if Bioshock is no good how about this one? Seems to be what people are talking about today.

Volgarr The Viking Giveaway

Pfft, I'd be thrilled with bioshock infinite. But I didn't win.

tumblr_n5j84vZyTh1qh1j56o1_500.gif

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Rush Bros -- MB-C6E7072DC0B700D3 - Taken by Vazduh

Turfster

so gaf..do i but x3 terran conflict from the bundle?i have no idea what this game is about other that it is a space sim..but what is the focus?combat?trade?business?exploration?all of them?

All of them.
X3:TC is really good, and there's a crapload of mods out there for it.

fantomena

I'm with you.

I've got Steam copies of BioShock: Infinite, Dishonored, Tomb Raider, Arkham City and more just sitting there untouched.

On the flip side, I've gotten more pleasure from ETS2, Vicera Cleanup Detail, Farming Sim, Gone Home, and such than I've had in years.

Me and a friend did actually cheat us through the second half part of Bioinf, Arkham City and Arkham Origins because we were extremely bored by the games.

Arkham Asylum on the other hand was so fun that I double dipped for both Xbox 360 and PC and even finished the games on both. That rarely happens to me these days.

That's also why I am still unsure wherever to buy an Xbone in the coming months or not. The upcoming games seems fun, but as did Bioinf, Arkham City, Origins etc. And for all I know, Phil Spencer could come with some PC announcements at E3.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
How 'complete' is that bundle as far as the number of issues included? I'm guessing not very

This isn't like the Walking Dead (Image) comics bundle where they give you volume 1 and volume 20.

With this bundle, you get Series 1 (which is the complete 3 volumes) and Series 2 (which is the complete 4 volumes directly following Series 1), and the Doctor Who Legacy android game, which is actually a F2P game anyway, but I guess their build includes 10 doctors pre-unlocked for whatever you want to pay.

Pay more than the average, and you get Series 3 of the comics, which is the complete 4 volume set, and a mystery something or other in week 2.

Pay $15 or more, and get the complete Prisoners of Time comic set which includes all 12 issues, and single comic titled "The Girl of Loved Doctor Who".

I would say these are much more enjoyable, if you like comic books, than any of the available Doctor Who games.

For comparison, IDW sells the complete "Prisoners of Time" series for $49.99, although that's a physical copy. For reference, it's 300 pages, and it's one of the shortest series you're getting here.

Very much worth $15 if you're a fan of comic books or Doctor Who.

Nabs

Nah man, not upset. But why not apologize? Just say sorry to the folks who trusted him and picked it up from Humble Bundle. Sure they're out on a few cents, but it's the principal.

Who says they won't? The deal just went live and it looks like it surprised them like everyone else.

I was wondering why Super Time Force fell off the map, the answer is Microsoft.

Well, the good news here is that Capy didn't accept funding from Microsoft back when they won that IGF award. It'll probably get the FEZ treatment.

def sim

I hope we see Super Time Force on steam within a year and then I'll buy it again. I'm not too big on owning indies on consoles anymore.

Sajjaja

Nope.

Freeeeeeeeeeeee.

I emailed support and they said this:

"Thank you for your email.
This is a targeted promotion for some of our customers. If you have not received an invitation email from Green Man Gaming to take part in this promotion, you will not be able to claim the free game.
Please follow us on our social channels listed below and keep an eye on our blog for all the latest promotions.
Kind regards,
Charlie"

Nabs

Yup. I could only watch a bit of that QL, but the game looks like something I can really get into.

Oh yeah, and more Capy stuff: Below has no restrictions as far as the PC version goes. If everything is ready on time, it'll come out alongside the Xbone release. Here is a recent article on Below from RPS. They had a chance to ask Capy a few questions about the PC release.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Thanks jshacks.

No problem. For those still on the fence, I just checked and each volume is approximately 100 pages in length. So if you buy the full $15 bundle, you're getting a little over 1,400 pages worth of comics.

Unlike the Walking Dead comics, there isn't any "leave you on a cliffhanger to get you to buy the next comics" shadiness going on here.

Volimar

I emailed support and they said this:

"Thank you for your email.
This is a targeted promotion for some of our customers. If you have not received an invitation email from Green Man Gaming to take part in this promotion, you will not be able to claim the free game.
Please follow us on our social channels listed below and keep an eye on our blog for all the latest promotions.
Kind regards,
Charlie"

I followed the link that was posted in this thread and had no problem getting the game.

https://freegame.greenmangaming.com/

FREE STEAM COPIES FOR RUSH BROS!!!

Maybe they reached their limit.

aku:jiki

Eh, a 3 game bundle is kind of weak, isn't it? Oh well, I think X3 looks cool so I'll get that for a buck.

Nah man, not upset. But why not apologize? Just say sorry to the folks who trusted him and picked it up from Humble Bundle. Sure they're out on a few cents, but it's the principal.
I'm one of the people who was tricked and though I'm not expecting one, I would like an apology. I was going to buy Volgarr regardless, sale or not, on a day when I felt like playing it and wasn't preoccupied with Binding of Isaac, but since he promised what he did, I went out and bought it right away. I'm not mad or anything, but dishonesty is always disappointing and unnecessary.

maty

Is Rush Bros that bad? I'll play it for the Playfire rewards.

Hopefully it's better than Superfrog HD which was another horrible platformer.

Yup. I could only watch a bit of that QL, but the game looks like something I can really get into.

Oh yeah, and more Capy stuff: Below has no restrictions as far as the PC version goes. If everything is ready on time, it'll come out alongside the Xbone release. Here is a recent article on Below from RPS. They had a chance to ask Capy a few questions about the PC release.

The game still looks great... however, that GB QL is PAINFUL to watch... I don't get the appeal... the guy has played the game some even before they recorded and yet... he's still terrible. :lol

JJATO7DXeWT2SLsEdE0SLZzc2Yr0p3ckIoZoHpCrWortmyTA6cs_dlaRp_pSLVynkcnAmaHlNTwpi3UGkahbjeCfN4D3wyx0V8zr_EtnQqDbmpnP_r9oZiODMknb6Ezdu5Nll6aWfyFR3qKlCWdJ5MaYyZn7u2F6dNNgR4q6S9-ihjrI

ModBot said:
Instructions for Widdly Scuds:
Turn your head and cough.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Rush Bros -- MB-DD1493C4588FADE5 - Taken by nexen

def sim

Fixed that.

There's some weird things that show up on consoles every now and then that make them worthwhile. The social aspect when it comes to my friends or acquaintances keeps them relevant to me, as well. In practically every other case though, yeah, I'd rather own and play a game on PC.

Anyway, I'm stoked about playing STF later today. ;)

aku:jiki

Also, just had a boss run in Risk of Rain and unlocked two characters, several achievements and beat the game for the first time! Using Commando, no less! I didn't even have any especially good loot, what carried me was 3x the random missiles (meaning I fired at least one almost every time I hit something) and 2x the shield generator. I was just going to use Commando to get the artifact on level 1 but kept going and ended up beating it to my total surprise.

Now to find more artifacts... I want Glass and Command, Risk of Rain pls

Purkake4

Banned
I just figured something out. Fistful's name was Jason, which sounds like JaseC, both had gigs of celebrity pics. Coincidence?

What is dead may never die

Always meant to pick up Volgarr at some point. Will have to see whats in my Steam wallet as I really don't want to spend anything extra at the moment.

EDIT: Ha, £2.33 in my wallet and the game costs £3.05. Looks like I will have to get my card out then.

By the way I just noticed I have copy of Half Life 2: Episode 1 as a gift in my inventory. Will give it away using modbot once I finish up some work.

I think everyone did. Now I need to see what I want to use the credit on.

I'm still waiting for a sale price on Lords of Shadow 2... I have a ton of credit saved up and I don't think anything else I'm interested in currently is going to end up on GMG soon (see: Transistor, Killer is Dead, etc.)

I think everyone did. Now I need to see what I want to use the credit on.

Wolfenstein calls out to you.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Rush Bros -- MB-63908308A2A867FA - Taken by Gianni Merryman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom