• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Dogg

I think everyone did. Now I need to see what I want to use the credit on.

I've been looking and as yet nothing is taking my eye. Further afield preorders are still too high on price compared to other places and what's on sale at the mo I either own or not really after. Guess I'll horde it up, it's not like it's going to expire any time soon and I'm a long way off anything substantial as a discount.

I am still hooked on Dark Souls 2, 26 hours down and no end in sight. Searching every nook and cranny and loving every second.

image.php

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
one of us. Think i'm at 26 hours as well and just entered the castle.
Wow, slow down there Speedy. 62 hours in and now approaching the Castle. :p
The Gutter was pretty great.

It's possible he's on a second or third character. With my second character I cleared Drangleic Castle in under 30 hours. Once you're comfortable with the combat and know where to go to get the items you want, you can blaze through the early game.

BruteUA

Oh DAMN IT I MISSED THE BIOSHOCK INFINITE RAFFLE. I hope there is a new one coming.

I so badly want to raffle off Bad Rats claiming to be BioInf now. But since it'll only work once and I'll be banished forever, I'll wait for an even better opportunity. You've dodged a bullet.....for now.

Gangxxter

Cross posting this from the Wolfenstein thread since nobody could help me there:

Does anybody know why it's allowed to run the US Steam version in Austria now? A few weeks ago, it was prohibited to run in Germany and Austria.
Was there any kind of announcement?

I live in Austria and I'm tempted to import the US version. But I'm afraid, Bethesda will change the Steam sub so it will be again prohibited to run in Austria (which means I would need an US VPN connection every time I'd like to run the game).

http://steamdb.info/sub/41632/

Grief.exe

Oh DAMN IT I MISSED THE BIOSHOCK INFINITE RAFFLE. I hope there is a new one coming.

Another raffle?

Getting greedy.

Hm

Transistor isn't going to show up on GMG, is it?

Need to spend those Playfire bucks!

I am still hooked on Dark Souls 2, 26 hours down and no end in sight. Searching every nook and cranny and loving every second.

Just winding down my Dark Souls 2 addiction. I am on the cusp of getting The Dark Soul achievement, then I will take a break.

I so badly want to raffle off Bad Rats claiming to be BioInf now. But since it'll only work once and I'll be banished forever, I'll wait for an even better opportunity. You've dodged a bullet.....for now.

What do you mean ? Banished for what? What works only once? :eek:

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Just winding down my Dark Souls 2 addiction. I am on the cusp of getting The Dark Soul achievement, then I will take a break.
Wow, nice job dude!
Do you have to kill NPC's to get everything? I vaguely remember that being necesarry to platinum Demon's Souls, so I never really bothered.

Grief.exe

Wow, nice job dude!
Do you have to kill NPC's to get everything? I vaguely remember that being necesarry to platinum Demon's Souls, so I never really bothered.

Nope, really just need to exhaust the dialogue of all NPCs to complete their various quests.

There are two that require summons to finish their quest lines.

I'm totally done with the content of the game, but the whole Soul Memory thing has me unenthusiastic to just jump into PvP. Really hope they end up changing that. :(

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Rush Bros is a giant piece of shit.

I had no trouble getting the Super Meat Boy cheevos, but this game's badly designed levels, unresponsive controls and strict time limits make it almost impossible to earn the achievements

Maxwood

Nope, really just need to exhaust the dialogue of all NPCs to complete their various quests.

There are two that require summons to finish their quest lines.
Nah, no such murder necessary this time around.
Great! In that case, i'll probably give it a shot. Can't seem to get enough of these games. Using a guide for a second playthrough and seeing what i've missed should be interesting. :)

Grief.exe

I'm totally done with the content of the game, but the whole Soul Memory thing has me unenthusiastic to just jump into PvP. Really hope they end up changing that. :(

It really is unfortunate as I would like to stay at ~SL150 to keep the game fresh and challenging. I really don't want to just zerg through the game with an SL300 character, I really don't see the fun in that.

I am effectively hurting myself from a PVP perspective as I am in the 9 million SM bracket and only SL160 on NG++.

fantomena

So I have a few games installed and I need help for what game to begin with first. Everyone are looking like good games to me, so it's hard to choose. Will play though all anyway:

Bound by Flame
Year Walk
Strider
Shadowrun Returns (including Dragonfall)
Shelter
Volgarr
Child of Light

So I have a few games installed and I need help for what game to begin with first. Everyone are looking like good games to me, so it's hard to choose. Will play though all anyway:

Bound by Flame
Year Walk
Strider
Shelter
Volgarr
Child of Light

In cases like these I like to pick the shorter games first. Shelter and Year Walk seem to fit the bill the most from that list.

Grief.exe

Bound by Flame
Year Walk
Strider
Shelter
Volgarr
Child of Light

Year Walk and Shelter are fun little bookends for some of the longer experiences.

For example Year Walk > Bound By Flame > Shelter > Child of Light.

Shelter will refresh your pallet and get you ready to jump into a longer game.

For what it's worth I really enjoyed my time with both Year Walk and Shelter.

z1ggy

Don´t take a break. Play Demons Souls once you are done with DS II.

I think i´ll play Souls games/DOTA 2 for the rest of the year. At least untill Wasteland 2/Divine Original Sin/Pillars of Eternity comes out.

It really is unfortunate as I would like to stay at ~SL150 to keep the game fresh and challenging. I really don't want to just zerg through the game with an SL300 character, I really don't see the fun in that.

I am effectively hurting myself from a PVP perspective as I am in the 9 million SM bracket and only SL160 on NG++.
I've just been dumping into stats even though I'm well into diminishing returns to everything relevant for me. I'm SL 207 but yeah, I'd rather stay at 150. Would be nice if they actually implemented a proper level cap instead, since you can now respec I would've preferred a more forced specialization by limiting your total amount of points.

Grief.exe

Don´t take a break. Play Demons Souls once you are done with DS II.

i think i´ll play Souls games/DOTA 2 for the rest of the year. At least untill Wasteland 2/Divine Original Sin/Pillars of Eternity come out.

I do still need to play Demons and another run through Dark 1 assuming the Steamworks patch goes live, but I need to mix it up so I don't get oversaturated with the Souls series.

Too much of a good thing can be a problem, I find I enjoy myself much more if I consistently play games from other genres.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold

Bound by Flame
Year Walk
Strider
Shelter
Volgarr
Child of Light

I had a blast with Shadowrun. I haven't played the DLC yet but I bought it immediately after I finished the main game, it is that good! It also won't take very long to finish, a playthrough lasts around 9-10 hours

I wouldn't bother with Bound by Flame, just finished it today and it was a broken mess. Better wait for a patch that fixes the combat

Rubikant

WTF? That is pretty goddamned sleazy.

Game looks amazing though.

Edit: Just saw Zeeman's post. I guess it could have taken him by surprise, but it seems strange to me that a dev wouldn't know about Valve's plans to discount a game. Anyone else here know more about how that stuff works?

Taron here, the other Crazy Viking Studios dev...

I can verify that we had no idea this was coming, it came directly from Valve and Adult Swim Games, our publisher on Steam. We didn't go through a publisher for any other platforms (Humble, GoG, Amazon) so we have completely control there, but with the Steam version we are at the mercy of the publisher. We didn't know this was happening until ASG told us at 8am this morning.

It was our mistake to make the original tweet saying that no better sale would be coming. Kris made the assumption that Valve/ASG wouldn't put Volgarr on sale again until the big summer sale, and that it would be only at 50% off if it was on sale then at all. Truth be told, we are pretty upset by this and were even wondering if the timing was on purpose (i.e. someone at Valve saw Volgarr hit the top sellers on the Humble store last week and decided they should get in on that action).

We did not intend to deceive and will be happy to offer a refund to anyone that purchased it from the Humble sale and feel cheated by this.

Grief.exe

I've just been dumping into stats even though I'm well into diminishing returns to everything relevant for me. I'm SL 207 but yeah, I'd rather stay at 150. Would be nice if they actually implemented a proper level cap instead, since you can now respec I would've preferred a more forced specialization by limiting your total amount of points.

Maybe I will push my SL to 175 or 180 to give me ~20 more points to play around with as I head into NG+++.

I love using huge weapons and staying under 50% equip load, so have effectively waste points in VIT.

Fuck the Gutter. I didn't even think I was going that fast, but I guess I missed a few things...specifically Doors of Pharros and Black Gulch. Basically rushed through those two areas.

It's possible he's on a second or third character. With my second character I cleared Drangleic Castle in under 30 hours. Once you're comfortable with the combat and know where to go to get the items you want, you can blaze through the early game.

Negative. Just my first still. I've co-oped a lot of the bosses after getting absolutely frustrated with the Sentinels.

Maybe I will push my SL to 175 or 180 to give me ~20 more points to play around with as I head into NG+++.

I love using huge weapons and staying under 50% equip load, so have effectively waste points in VIT.

Damn what is your Vit at? I think I'm close to 30 and am pushing 69% after rings and the Sinner mask

fantomena

In cases like these I like to pick the shorter games first. Shelter and Year Walk seem to fit the bill the most from that list.

I enjoyed shadowrun

Year Walk and Shelter are fun little bookends for some of the longer experiences.

For example Year Walk > Bound By Flame > Shelter > Child of Light.

Shelter will refresh your pallet and get you ready to jump into a longer game.

For what it's worth I really enjoyed my time with both Year Walk and Shelter.

I had a blast with Shadowrun. I haven't played the DLC yet but I bought it immediately after I finished the main game, it is that good! It also won't take very long to finish, a playthrough lasts around 9-10 hours

I wouldn't bother with Bound by Flame, just finished it today and it was a broken mess. Better wait for a patch that fixes the combat

Thanks, GAF. Seems like it will be Year Walk -> Shadowrun -> Shelter -> Child of Light

BruteUA

I can verify that we had no idea this was coming, it came directly from Valve and Adult Swim Games, our publisher on Steam. We didn't go through a publisher for any other platforms (Humble, GoG, Amazon) so we have completely control there, but with the Steam version we are at the mercy of the publisher. We didn't know this was happening until ASG told us at 8am this morning.

It was our mistake to make the original tweet saying that no better sale would be coming. Kris made the assumption that Valve/ASG wouldn't put Volgarr on sale again until the big summer sale, and that it would be only at 50% off if it was on sale then at all. Truth be told, we are pretty upset by this and were even wondering if the timing was on purpose (i.e. someone at Valve saw Volgarr hit the top sellers on the Humble store last week and decided they should get in on that action).

We did not intend to deceive and will be happy to offer a refund to anyone that purchased it from the Humble sale and feel cheated by this.

You guys are fine, keep up the good work. If Odin's biggest worry was over $1.32, the realm would be at peace like never before.

dot

Guys, i finally got :poop:. I bought it off the market for a dollar.

Did anyone else manage to get it legitimately without buying it?

62fx62f

Wow, a reply from the dev. I wasn't expecting that. :) Very cool. Thank you for clearing it up for all of us.

On the bright side, hopefully you guys are getting a lot of new players and added exposure out of these two deals.

Your game looks incredible, BTW.

Tenrius

I was able to submit a Uplay support ticket on Sunday, if anybody remembers that I was trying to do it (it took about five hours of random attempts though). And now I got a response from a support rep named Igor, in slightly broken Russian no less! According to him, my Watch_Dogs preorder is still good, so Ubisoft is honoring that November pricing error. Can't say I'm particularly interested in the game even at 50 roubles I paid for it, but might as well try it.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Good to hear, I'm not sure if anyone here was upset so much as surprised.

Your game is great, keep up the good work.

Good man, I am going to buy the game on STEAM tonight to suport you guys. On a similar note do people care about tha $1.50 THAT much to get a refund and rebuy on Steam?

StAidan

I bought it during the Humble sale, pretty sure I'm getting my money's worth though :) And I wouldn't believe any knave who claimed otherwise.

Thanks for showing up here to explain, though, I assumed that's what happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom