• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am impressed with how well the game is doing.

I was conservatively estimating 45-50K peak players, hitting 80K just blew my expectations out of the water.

Porting Dark Souls to PC was the best thing From ever did.

Completely agree. Coming from a year late on DS w/ GFWL, the community for DS2 is just fantastic. I assume it will die down, but hopefully it can see some legs for a while.

Now patch out GFWL and we'll be good

but hole

fallout

This is what snow looks like outside:

H4oa7gh.jpg

One difference you can see is that it's not neon green.
I live in Winnipeg. I see snow for most of the year. I didn't know it was meant to be a realistic look. I just thought it was a neat stylized take on a winter setting.

I really dislike chromatic aberration. It doesn't seem as agressive in here overall (maybe due to the neon green distracting me...) like in Daylight, but you can see it on the edges. I consider this filter ugly and I'm not the only one. But devs have the hots for it.
Ah, gotcha. I barely noticed before, but now I can't unsee it. Thanks (I think).

Khronico

Star Wars Empire at War? A Stars Wars RTS?! Is it any good? I'm hooked on RTS's now thanks to Company of Heroes and Dawn of War 2

Super late to this comment but YES it is amazing. The space battles are some of the funnest experiences I've had in an RTS. There are also myriad mods to mess around with on the Moddb page.

Saty

What they did was actually not very difficult at all (although it would cost a little bit of money, not much). The problem is it would be prohibitively expensive to do it quickly enough to be able to capture things like new product launches or update with sales figures each week.

Basically what Ars did was set up a simple script to scrape people's Steam profiles (super easy) and ran it on very very cheap Amazon servers 24/7, running dozens of copies at the same time so they could scrape profiles fast enough. Even at that scale, they still couldn't get the data they wanted except over a period of months.

Yeah, but X-months delayed data would still be swell. And it's not only for doing stuff like the best selling titles for X time period. It would be interesting to use that data to check stuff like original game-expansion sales relations and try get an idea of the 'attach rate'. Like in the Civ V case where Ars game numbers for the base game - would be interesting to know where the standalone expansion packs at.

Myshkin

MRORANGE pointed it out a while back and I find it quite funny but all the things photographers and cinematographers try as best as they can to avoid these knock on effects in their work like CA, motion blur, knock out contrast, lens flares etc game developers are clamouring to put into their design.
The DOF sludge is the worst.

I live in Winnipeg. I see snow for most of the year. I didn't know it was meant to be a realistic look. I just thought it was a neat stylized take on a winter setting.

Ah, gotcha. I barely noticed before, but now I can't unsee it. Thanks (I think).

Yeah, the style is fine. Here's an early gameplay footage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65qslR8hJ60

and no prob :p

Really, if you want to see a more agressive implementation look at Daylight or UE4 in general.

Tellaerin

You should still be able to directly connect by IP, but search will go down.

Same goes for Republic Commando.

I know Tron 2.0's supposed to be moving to OpenSpy for matchmaking as part of the next release of the Killer App mod. Wouldn't be too surprised to see Battlefront II go the same route.

My friend who I family share with is only showing games of his I already had installed. Ie, instead of saying "name"'s games 200something it now just says 17. What happened?

Khronico

It really bugs me how the Jedi Knight Collection is not on sale yet each individual game is. That's really all I wanted to get.

Tenrius

So, regarding Battlefront II and Windows 8. I connected to some weird-ass server and played for five minutes, everything was fine with no crashes, in 1080p too. Will investigate further, but it worked flawlessly so far.

It really bugs me how the Jedi Knight Collection is not on sale yet each individual game is. That's really all I wanted to get.

It actually was on a sale a short while ago.

Knurek

Maybe you don't understand the concept.

Today Spider-man
Tomorrow Transformers 75% off
Next day, COD
After that, Prototype.

Every single publisher sale follows this model.

If the Spidey sale and currently applied discount is anything to go by, it'll be 66% off at most.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

Mr. Bree+, a game that made it through Greenlight, is now available on Steam for $2.00, currently at a 33% discount. It has cards, too.

About the Game

Are you up for a real hardcore platformer?! Do you have what it takes?

Mr. Bree+ is a sidescroller adventure game about a householder family pig captured by wild boars and sent to work as a captive. Tired of that, Mr. Bree decides to run away!

During his escape, Mr. Bree had a trauma and forgot about his family, the way home and also his movement skills. Now he needs to remember all that, return home and find out what happened to his wife and son.

Along his journey, Mr. Bree will face some mindblowing challenges and revelations.

As an addendum, Mr. Bree+ was included in the Groupees' Build a Greenlight Bundle 4. Keys should arrive eventually.

Tizoc

I wish the CoD Dailies get mispriced so I can get Ghost Doge for crazy cheap.
I only wanna play that one game for the doge =V

kafiend

Maybe you don't understand the concept.

Today Spider-man
Tomorrow Transformers 75% off
Next day, COD
After that, Prototype.

Every single publisher sale follows this model.

It makes sense to save some bigger sellers until later in the sale weekend so that they get more monies from the idiots people too impatient to wait for the sale to unfold.

Tellaerin

Well, Aerena seems to drop connection after every match. It waits for 30 seconds and then drops me to desktop. Seems fun enough for what it is, but that's damn annoying. I'm assuming it behaves like a typical F2P game when it comes to card drops? :s

Edit: Maybe not? Just had a card drop for me.

Grief.exe

If the Spidey sale and currently applied discount is anything to go by, it'll be 66% off at most.

Both War for Cybertron and Fall of Cybertron were 75% off in the latest Amazon sale. $5 and $15 respectively, the base price for Fall is just out of control.

It makes sense to save some bigger sellers until later in the sale weekend so that they get more monies from the idiots people too impatient to wait for the sale to unfold.

You are right, but I think they are just emulating larger Steam sales.

Apply a general discount over the course of the sale, and a large discount for dailies. I do concede that they need to make this more apparent, but this practice has been going on for years.

The first thing I see when I click on Steam at the moment is Activsion publisher sale, then directly below that it says Spider Man is the featured deal for the day.
The order of games in the banner also implies the daily deals for the weekend.

DocSeuss

I have just been fired.

Apparently, people complained about me, but the specific nature of these complaints were not detailed. In fact, it's "not my job to tell you about any complaints. Sometimes, thing just don't work out."

Fuck.

I have just been fired.

Apparently, people complained about me, but the specific nature of these complaints were not detailed. In fact, it's "not my job to tell you about any complaints. Sometimes, thing just don't work out."

Fuck.

Damn, really sorry to hear that. :-(

BruteUA

Lol hardcore, though the Galaxy Nexus was pretty good for its time. Yeah thanks to roms/kernels, android phones can last quite a bit longer than they normally would, camera and battery must be annoying though.

Man, the only reason I have a Moto X is because my Galaxy S2's power/lock button went bad after almost 2.5 years. Was running a rom called ShoStock, I thought I'd never want a new phone again.

Grief.exe

I have just been fired.

Fuck.

Fuck, I know you needed that too.

So how are you supposed to improve yourself if you aren't made aware of the issues? What if the issues were just some superficial bullshit or a general misunderstanding?

Unemployment benefits an option in your area?

Man, the only reason I have a Moto X is because my Galaxy S2's power/lock button went bad after almost 2.5 years. Was running a rom called ShoStock, I thought I'd never want a new phone again.

Those 1440p phones drop and I will quickly change my tune and upgrade the Galaxy Nexus.

Dat PPI.

I have just been fired.

Fuck.

That sucks DocSeuss, I hope you find a new and better job soon.

Dr Dogg

Grief is going to have a phone the size of the 80's monsters if he wants 1440p at current pixel density.

I have just been fired.

Fuck.

Shit soz to hear that Doc.

I don't know employment law in your neck of the woods but couldn't or shouldn't the relevant HR Dept at least give grounds for dismissal. Sounds like a pretty piss poor explanation in truth.

Uzzy

I'm considering buying Shadowrun Returns. Can I play it just using the mouse or do I also need to use the keyboard.

Other then some hacking parts, where you have to type in a code, I'm pretty sure you can play it just using the mouse.

how is shadowrun returns?
i heard it's extremely linear ,and there's not much role-playing.

Yeah, that's a fair assessment of the original campaign. Dragonfall adds in a lot more options for role-playing and feels a lot less linear. Combat is pretty easy in both campaigns.

inm8num2

I have just been fired.

Fuck.

Very sorry to hear this. All the best wishes in figuring things out and finding a new job.

I have just been fired.

Fuck.

I'm very sorry to hear that. Is there any law or bureau you can go to and assess your worker's rights?

And don't worry about the people at your work - you still have many friends here, and we're all rooting for you.

Eanan

Thoughts on that Family guy game? See its €2.50 in russia...
Its not region locked is it?

Im a fan of the show and dont mind casual games.

fantomena

I have just been fired.

Fuck.

Hope you work everything out.

Myshkin

I have just been fired.

Fuck.
This could be a good time to start your own business instead of spending your life making other people rich. Or retire and play vidgames day and night.

I would be wiling to pay ~20 dollars for all the cods not including ghosts. Get it together Activision. Also Fall of Cybertron still being 60 reg is silly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom