• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope Far Cry 4 isn't actually Far Cry 3-2. But it's totally gonna be Far Cry 3-2.

I played some Dark Souls last night after being entrenched with 2 for the last few weeks. It really slapped me in the face how much better 1 feels and just how stiff and sluggish your actions are in 2.

Guys, something odd is going on with my steam library. Every time I boot it up in grid view, various titles revert to icons in grey boxes instead of the normal art grids for each game.

It's messing me up, OCD wise ...

Sajjaja

Guys, something odd is going on with my steam library. Every time I boot it up in grid view, various titles revert to icons in grey boxes instead of the normal art grids for each game.

It's messing me up, OCD wise ...

It's a bug apparently which I have as well. Beta version fixes it so I've heard but I'm just going to wait for the official update.

For some reason, using TF2 Outpost or the Dota one to trade items and keys for items and keys feels legit. Doing it for a game felt off.

I'm not saying it's wrong to do, mind you. I just couldn't shake a shitty feeling, which had nothing to do with the fine Eastern European gentleman I traded with. He was pretty straight up about it all.

Tizoc

graph3.jpg

As an arab I read right to left, same goes with charts like these. Glad to see their quality has also increased~

inm8num2

Hey, having more choices is always good. : ) The quality titles will rise to the top while the poor ones will sink into well-deserved obscurity (except for "so bad its good" games like Bad Rats). Some people are panicking over the floodgates opening like they have, but I think things'll be alright.

My concern is that it's not just the poor games that will sink into obscurity, but possibly also the good games that don't quite have the budgets/marketing/awareness of the most popular/AAA games.

Pachimari

I feel like I'm in gaming nirvana.

Currently playing Dark Souls 1, Batman: Arkham Asylum, Gone Home, Max Payne 3 and Papers Please, while I have still to play Demon's Souls, Catherine, Pokémon Y on all those other formats, and I haven't completed Persona 4: Golden yet.

Not to name Crysis, Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons, Dust, Fez, Super Meat Boy and Stalker: SoC which I have all put aside at the moment.

Games is at a high. Love it.

---

By the way, SOE's doing another stream of H1Z1 in less than half an hour.

There were considerably less being added than now though.

I'd say it's the same, just more of everything. I mean, there was a time there where a lot of great indie games were coming out and I remember crossing my fingers and hoping for a steam version. These days, it's become more and more of an exception if a popular PC game isn't released on steam. So, instead of wondering "hey, i really wish gemini rue was on steam" now it's more like "man, i can't wait till X game is on sale/in a bundle" or "boy, EA sure is stupid, huh?"

Volcynika

You guys should pick up 140 on the Humble sale. It came out around the same time as Electric Super Joy, but unlike that game I really enjoyed 140. It stands out from the large amount of indie sidescrollers with pumping electronic music, at least to me.

Watch this trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1loKcXzcsVk

140 was ok, didn't really stand out too much for me overall. The 'hard' version of the last level can fuck right off though.

Ruruja

I'd say it's is the same, just more of everything. I mean, there was a time there where a lot of great indie games were coming out and I remember crossing my fingers and hoping for a steam version. These days, it's become more and more of an exception if a popular PC game isn't released on steam. So, instead of wondering "hey, i really wish gemini rue was on steam" now it's more like "man, i can't wait till X game is on sale/in a bundle" or "boy, EA sure is stupid, huh?"

Good point.

Pachimari

"The Stanley parable" 50% off?
I feel enticed.

I considered it too. But isn't there a high chance it'll be 75% during the summer sale?

I'm really thinking of jumping on ARMA 3 now. I really miss my military online shooter. Something that is something else than CSGO, TF2, B4 and CoD. But I guess there's a free weekend coming up.

Arthea

It would be nice to see steamgaf as community to have more common sense than steam one, but it's probably too much to ask for
ya, I'm talking about hating on VNs, seriously...

The banner for the Bohemia Interactive sale has disappeared.

I can't see any deals on the front page at all, all disappeared

Nabs

Battleblock Theater is cheaper ($9.74 - 35% off) if you own it. I wonder if that extends to people who own CC.

What are some good rogue likes you guys would recommend? I've got spelunky, binding of isaac, and rogue legacy and really enjoy that style of game play

Turfster

Humble Banner Saga bundle
TIER 1: 1$
  • Banner Saga Artwork
  • The Banner Saga: Factions - Starter Pack
TIER 2: 7.53$
  • The Banner Saga; Factions - Variations
TIER 3: 15$
  • The Banner Saga

Humble Platforming bundle
TIER 1: 1$
  • Shank 2
  • Blocks That Matter
  • Bit.Trip Runner
TIER 2: 6$
  • Bit.Trip Runner 2
  • Megabyte Punch
  • Fly'n
TIER 3: 10$
  • Mark of the Ninja: Special Edition
  • King Arthur's Gold

What are some good rogue likes you guys would recommend? I've got spelunky, binding of isaac, and rogue legacy and really enjoy that style of game play

Risk of Rain!

Also, FTL if you haven't already jumped on it. I'm a pretty big fan of Desktop Dungeons, too, but as it's depth grows, it begins to play more like a puzzler.

If you have iOS, I've got a few more recommendations for you. Love me some roguelikes, man.

Edit: Beaten! Even got beaten on the Desktop Dungeons thing, and I thought I was the only dude around here into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom