• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoosTrax

Buying games on GOG doesn't give you Steam keys?
I just got Luftrausers from the sale (the price stays in $ so that makes it quite cheap in €) and didn't receive a key. I don't mind it, I'm just surprised.
Btw, how much did you buy it for on GoG? Because I have a -40% off Steam coupon for Luftrausers that I wasn't planning on using, and you can have it.

Deques

Buying games on GOG doesn't give you Steam keys?
I just got Luftrausers from the sale (the price stays in $ so that makes it quite cheap in €) and didn't receive a key. I don't mind it, I'm just surprised.

Why are you surprised? I am surprised that you are surprised

So PS3 and x360 owners of SSF4AE can upgrade to Ultra for $15... but PC users have to buy a whole new game for $30?

C'mon Capcom... stop screwing us because you used GFWL with AE.

Acccent

Thanks for the answers :) I just didn't remember that GOG had this policy going on. I'm not as hardcore as you guys...

Btw, how much did you buy it for on GoG? Because I have a -40% off Steam coupon for Luftrausers that I wasn't planning on using, and you can have it.

I had that coupon too, but now I bought the game so I don't need it anymore :p it cost €4.5

Nabs

So PS3 and x360 owners of SSF4AE can upgrade to Ultra for $15... but PC users have to buy a whole new game for $30?

C'mon Capcom... stop screwing us because you used GFWL with AE.

PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC owners of Super Street Fighter IV or Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition will be able to download Ultra Street Fighter IV as a $14.99 digital upgrade.

Here you go.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (FiveElementNinja, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Gateways -- MB-E09C207D0AC1B424 - Taken by Gianni Merryman. 2 entrants total.
Mutant Storm: Reloaded -- MB-BB0464A6E8323820 - Taken by _hekk05. 2 entrants total.

t1400173070z1.png

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Dusk, would you think it would be more fair if they went Early Access with Dreadout? It seems decent enough but for the average, possibly not-well informed buyer it would really stink to think you're getting the full game when you're just getting half.

Also, it's weird that they don't tell you ingame to play the demo first, or integrate it in some form into the final game. Seems like a somewhat major oversight on their part.

I actually was having a discussion with this with a friend about this very topic when I streamed the game. My stance is that it may not work best as an EA thing either, as long as the developers are transparent with what the game is, what people are getting, and the like. To the developers credit, they've been very social on the Steam forums, the Indiegogo campaign page, and their social feeds, and have actually responded to most every bug report from users and have been updating the game a lot in the past week.

But what's here isn't really an alpha or beta deal either, I think after they're done fixing any more bugs that might crop up, they're going to focus on building Act 2 and Free Roam Mode. So they've decided to tackle it more in an episodic structure, though with only two episodes.

Part of this as an inspiring developer makes sense to me. Early Access works best for products either with multiplayer components, large open worlds, randomized elements, and the like. A linear story experience works less-so because then users will probably want to wait to purchase the game or play the game when it's completed. Honestly part of the reason I think they might choose to do this is to maximize profits right now, as to my understanding the developers are low on funds right now (from the very limited funding they had originally), and in Indonesia there's no government funding for games, and no real presence of game development in the country right now.

So if they continue being transparent with what the game holds, then I think what they're doing is fine. They have made the first part of the game's description this:

episodic_disclaimer.jpg

On the demo, it would be interesting if there was a way to implement mentioning this somehow. I like demos like this, but as so many demos aren't this, I wish there was a way to categorize demos. I think part of the reason it's not in the game right now is that the demo is based off of a build of the game over a year old, and the current version of the game has quite a few improvements/changes. Not drastically so, but to add it to the game I think they'd have to update the demo quite a bit to make it work correctly, which they've decided to instead use to work on new content for the game. But is worth noting to those interested in the game.

This said, the demo is necessary as (minor spoilers) it is a dream sequence our character Linda has before the game, and is more a 'prelude of things to come' sort of scenario, which isn't needed to enjoy the game, but interesting bit of gameplay for those who want to try it/experience it all.

PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC owners of Super Street Fighter IV or Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition will be able to download Ultra Street Fighter IV as a $14.99 digital upgrade.

Not what I saw over at SRK:

Capcom announced this morning that the latest entry in their flagship fighting franchise will be made available through PlayStation Network on June 3, with an Xbox Live release coming the day after on June 4. The digital upgrade will cost $14.99.

This clears up the tentative release windows mentioned by the company in the past and gives competitors a concrete date to look forward to in their Evo 2014 preparation plans.

The full digital and physical console versions will follow on August 5 for $39.99. The PC version will arrive the same day for $29.99. European releases are planned for June 4 and August 8, respectively.

By the way that's worded, there's no mention of PC digital upgrade on June 3rd for $15... so that's what I was going by.

Got through two bellbros and the gargoyles in one try, fuck yeah!

I'm still baffled I made it through the gargoyles on my first try. "There is ANOTHER one??"

I have dignity, which is the same reason I haven't idled for cards or connected my Steam account to Playfire.

my dignity can be bought....$.25 at a time.

New episode of Walking Dead S2 coming today?

already out this week I thought.

sheaaaa

I always wanted Mutant Storm Empire on Steam. It seems the game never even came out on PC at all. Wonder what PomPom are up to these days.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Dusk, would you think it would be more fair if they went Early Access with Dreadout? It seems decent enough but for the average, possibly not-well informed buyer it would really stink to think you're getting the full game when you're just getting half.

Also, it's weird that they don't tell you ingame to play the demo first, or integrate it in some form into the final game. Seems like a somewhat major oversight on their part.

Personally, I think if Act I is a bit "self contained" as the name implies, it's probably okay for them to not be an Early Access title. Since the Act II DLC will be a free upgrade some time in the future, I don't have a problem with it.

Going down this line of logic is a slippery slope. They're doing what Lego: The Hobbit did. In The Hobbit, only the first two movies are playable, with the 3rd movie being added later as DLC after it's released in theatres. I don't think there has been any word on whether The Hobbit DLC will even be free.

Taking it a step further, there are a lot of games that aren't "story complete" in that they end on a cliffhanger and are directly continued in a sequel (which you're expected to purchase).

Just my thoughts. I personally think DeadOut is okay in doing it this way without being early access, assuming that most of the bugs in the game have been resolved.

Why didn't anyone tell me about the episode. I am too deep with DkS2. :( Usually I see them when they download but not this time I guess.

I played the new episode last night and here is my spoiler-free review: it's the best episode in the season yet.

Zia

A weekend deal and an announcer pack released right as TI4 hype is starting to snowball and people are spending money as if it's burning a hole in their pockets.

TSP devs are going to make truckloads of money this weekend.

derExperte

BattleBlock Theater is out!

You guys should pick up 140 on the Humble sale. It came out around the same time as Electric Super Joy, but unlike that game I really enjoyed 140. It stands out from the large amount of indie sidescrollers with pumping electronic music, at least to me.

Watch this trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1loKcXzcsVk

But I loooooveeeeed ESJ. Will I hate 140? I'll wait for a bundle anyway, can't be long now.

You guys should pick up 140 on the Humble sale. It came out around the same time as Electric Super Joy, but unlike that game I really enjoyed 140.

What if I love ESJ?
Joking aside I had this already on my wishlist, seeing all those positive reviews I am positive I would enjoy it, still I think I'll hold off until a better deal.

But I loooooveeeeed ESJ. Will I hate 140? I'll wait for a bundle anyway, can't be long now.
What if I love ESJ?
Joking aside I had this already on my wishlist, seeing all those positive reviews I am positive I would enjoy it, still I think I'll hold off until a better deal.

You guys would probably like it. I just didn't get into ESJ as much because it was a lot less forgiving, and was loud about doing so. There's merit for stuff like that, but 140 captures similar challenge without being as frustrating.

It's less about hyper precise platforming, and more about timing, like some of the Bit.Trip games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom