• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vecks

Well, now this humble daily bundle thing is starting to make sense. Seems like they're taking a humble bundle and splitting it across 7 days.

Arthea

2014-05-15_21-19-34_zps2bd7d607.png

Apparently new episodes to War of the Human Tanks are coming.

That's strange, I wasn't aware it's an episodic game. Then again, I never finished it.

Also 100% Orange Juice will be unlocked tomorrow.
100%fun.jpg

our waiting will be over :)

Great to know. They're also bringing out more 99 Spirits, which is nice as well.

Which is already a long game!

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

99 Spirits – Cage of Night
stars fan-favorites Saki and Komiya, and adds brand new characters. A story of tragic love and foxes’ games told in visual novel style, the Cage of Night takes place during the events of 99 Spirits storyline and is set in a darker mood than the main story.

99 Spirits – Weeping Demon’s Bell
is another new addition to the 99 Spirits storyline. Within it unfolds a new adventure for Kotetsu and Waka, where a duty Kotetsu undertakes turns out to have unforeseen and dangerous consequences. The two side stories are planned to be released as DLCs to 99 Spirits. 99 Spirits was originally developed by TORaIKI and published worldwide by Fruitbat Factory in May 2013.

I really need to pick up 99 Spirits one day. Also should probably get around to playing War of the Human Tanks.

Also 100% Orange Juice will be unlocked tomorrow.

Only took a week after it was originally supposed to release on Steam.

Evrain

Thanks for Alien Zombie Megadeath!
Speaking of zombies, I'm looking to wrap up Telltale's TWD S1 with the 400 Days expansion: are there any deals up for getting it cheap, or should I wait? I've been told it's not enough content to justify full price

Dambrosi

Banned
What are some good rogue likes you guys would recommend? I've got spelunky, binding of isaac, and rogue legacy and really enjoy that style of game play
Has nobody really recommended Dungeons Of Dredmor? Because it's great. 99 Levels To Hell is a nice Spelunky-like, as well, and Bionic Dues is a treat if you're after a real Rogue-style experience.

Oh, and seconding the Risk Of Rain/Desktop Dungeons/Diehard Dungeon/One Way Heroics reps, though you should play Half-Minute Hero before the latter, IMO of course. And Teleglitch ain't bad, but it is an acquired taste, so try out the demo first.

Humble Banner Saga bundle
TIER 1: 1$
  • Banner Saga Artwork
  • The Banner Saga: Factions - Starter Pack
TIER 2: 7.53$
  • The Banner Saga; Factions - Variations
TIER 3: 15$
  • The Banner Saga
AaaaaaahahahahahahahahahaNO. Waiting on the summer sale to buy this one, if at all.

Looks like the games are on sale:

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/43385/

The banner just isn't there.

I highly recommend Arma 3. I've been playing a ton of king of the hill and Wasteland with a few friends. It's the most fun I've had with a multiplayer game in quite a while.

15% off DayZ.

I know I shouldn't have expected more but man. £17 for an alpha :(

Yeah, it's still selling incredibly well at full price. I'd definitely hold off if you aren't dying to play it.

Ionic

You guys should pick up 140 on the Humble sale. It came out around the same time as Electric Super Joy, but unlike that game I really enjoyed 140. It stands out from the large amount of indie sidescrollers with pumping electronic music, at least to me.

Watch this trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1loKcXzcsVk

I just bought it and played through the whole thing. It was a lot of fun and full of clever use of the few mechanics the game gives. However, it was very short at around 40 minutes to beat. There is supposedly a mirror mode or something though, which I have not tried. All in all, it was a fine way to waste the better part of an hour and two bucks isn't so bad there.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I just realized that Nvidia's Ubisoft moneyhat means that we will get HBAO+ in Far Cry 4 instead of the shit they had previously. Most excellent.

yuraya

For some reason, using TF2 Outpost or the Dota one to trade items and keys for items and keys feels legit. Doing it for a game felt off.

I'm not saying it's wrong to do, mind you. I just couldn't shake a shitty feeling, which had nothing to do with the fine Eastern European gentleman I traded with. He was pretty straight up about it all.

Don't feel bad. Think of the keys as an alternate currency. They are like Valve's gold reserve.

r11XtYh.jpg

StAidan

lol at that Banner Saga "bundle." I want the game, but anything less than 50% off isn't a real sale. Yes, Steam has taught me well.

Pakkidis

I'm a little shocked, to be honest. I thought I was the only one who was lukewarm on Teleglitch. I was really hyped for it after seeing some peoples' reactions here, but I couldn't get into it at all. : /

Diehard Dungeon sounds like it's relevant to my interests. :3 Definitely on my radar now.

Awesome giveaway, i9!

I too did not like Teleglitch. I thought I would love it but it didn't grab me at all.

On another note. I 100% Rogue Legacy. One of the most addicting games in recent memory.

Mark of the ninja is just brilliant!
I am not usually into stealth games but I loved this one, I highly recommend it!

MotN was pretty great. Probably the greatest thing ever developed by Klei.

Buckle your pants Steam thread!
iq6RNulq9OWKY.png

Holy schnikes, that's a great giveaway. Wish I could participate. ;P

I forgot to mention, some achievements haven't unlocked for me when they should, but I've seen other people gotten them, it could have been problem on my side. Still letting you know, just in case.

The Stanley Parable achievements are frickin' evil.

HoosTrax

I too did not like Teleglitch. I thought I would love it but it didn't grab me at all.

On another note. I 100% Rogue Legacy. One of the most addicting games in recent memory.
I don't think I even made it past the tutorial in Teleglitch. I couldn't tell where the doors were, and the controls were too cumbersome and hard to remember.

The main selling point is probably the Doom-esque plot and aesthetic, which didn't really do anything for me. I had a much more enjoyable time with the Unreal-esque Risk of Rain.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
sniper elite V2 got cards, I love random cards suddenly getting cards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom