• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sigh, I guess it's a good thing I didn't want to play Dead Island right away and I'm sure Saints Row The Third will eventually go on a decent sale again.

Yeah they way set that bundle up was just a little bit of a nuisance.

Still, I can hook you up with "Part A" of that bundle (Risen 2/Sacred 2/Saints Row 2 & 3) if you really do want to play those games. Used the Dead Island and Saints Row DLC ones myself but had the other games already so I'm pretty sure the former key will still work. Lemme know.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Yeah they way set that bundle up was just a little bit of a nuisance.

Still, I can hook you up with "Part A" of that bundle (Risen 2/Sacred 2/Saints Row 2 & 3) if you really do want to play those games. Used the Dead Island and Saints Row DLC ones myself but had the other games already so I'm pretty sure the former key will still work. Lemme know.

Yeah, that would be brilliant if you are up to doing so.

If you want I have a code for Dark Shadows - Army of Evil I can give in return as I noticed that's on your wish list. If you don't want that, then I could also offer Gravity Badgers or Bad Hotel or Vanguard Princess or something else.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
If I win one of those killer is dead ill buy dreadout

Your move modbot

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Well to avoid taking unnecessary risks for the no death achievement you go the most direct route, so it basically becomes a speedrun.as well.
Huh, good to know. I mean, I still have to finish the game proper, so probably that's why it seems like such a short time is really weird :p

So the fix to the DW8XLCE infinite loading screen is running the game in Windows 98 compability mode.
This is incredibly strange, I wonder what did they fuck up in the port so that it's fixed by doing... that.

I have dignity, which is the same reason I haven't idled for cards or connected my Steam account to Playfire.
So it's like "honour before reason"?

Ah god damn these 5 posts in steam thread limitations. I just lurk here for deal news!
If only Gundam-GAF threads' posts counted :p

You hoped right.
Haha, nice!
I do wonder if there is a trollish entry in that list.

It's cool bro, Modbot can't climb stairs.
So we got a couple of decades left, going by the daleks.

have any of you guys bought tf2 keys through paypal or something? are there any sites that are reputable? does steam remove games that are acquired from russian sellers?

Parsnip

So the fix to the DW8XLCE infinite loading screen is running the game in Windows 98 compability mode.

This is incredibly strange, I wonder what did they fuck up in the port so that it's fixed by doing... that.
I wonder if Deadly Premonition still needs that same compatibility mode.

Anyone know who did the PC work on DW8XLCE? Tecmo themselves or farmed out? Can't always trust the developer info on Steam these days.

What caused the plunge in Dota 2 key prices?

The Dota 2 Compendium maybe?

apparently there's a whole economy for them and cheaper games from what i'm looking at on reddit.

and i don't really have much stuff to trade besides money.

Oh. I didnt know that. I always trade them normally and even then the Games are often dirtcheap.

Never heard of anyone that got their Steamgifts taken away.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
have any of you guys bought tf2 keys through paypal or something? are there any sites that are reputable? does steam remove games that are acquired from russian sellers?

I used to do a lot of TF2 key buying/selling on SourceOP. Your best bet is to deal with the traders who have lots of rep and have been trading for a long time.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Are the collections complete? I was thinking about getting it for my wife but I don't want to order it only to find I get volumes 1,2, and 3 out of a twenty volume set.

Yeah, they're the complete series of Doctor Who comics that IDW has published. The only thing that's missing are some of the "spin off" comics series
such as the Star Trek: The Next Generation / Doctor Who crossover comics
which might be the week 2 bonus.

It's a great deal. Each volume is approximately 100 pages, so the $15 bundle nets you well over 1,400 pages.

apparently there's a whole economy for them and cheaper games from what i'm looking at on reddit.

This is true, some guy offered me a copy of Saints Row IV for a couple of CS:GO keys. At the time i had no idea what he meant so i turned him down.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
A good chunk of my images disappeared while viewing my library in grid view. Anyone else having this issue?

I've seen a few people mention they have the same issue. I believe the theory is that there is a specific server for handling the cache for those images and it's having issues.

I've always wanted an option to cache them locally, since I hate waiting for them to load up if I switch to grid view. I guess you could do that with custom images, but it'd be super tedious.

Dambrosi

Banned
Speaking of Dark Souls, found this in the demake thread:

super_londo_bros_by_cyangmou-d6gse03.png

Would totally play...
*heavy breathing intensifies*

Oh, and thumbs ups to both corrosivefrost and InfiniteNine for their awesome generosity!

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca

You can buy the keys from the Mann Co. Store in TF2 (they have a fixed price of 2.49 or local adjusted equivalent), or from the Steam Market where they usually go for a bit cheaper (and during sales go much cheaper).

What caused the plunge in Dota 2 key prices?
They released keyless chests which apparently had better/more probable rewards than the keyed ones.

Pachimari

Syncing Wii U Pro Controller to PC can be a bit difficult, however, this third party controller accessory by MayFlash works fantastic. Been using it for my main controller for 6 months now!

http://www.mayflash.com/Products/NINTENDOWiiU/W009.html

Yeah, I just found out about this, so I'm gonna order that one for the Wii U Pro controller.

I guess I'll use my Bluetooth for the Dual Shock 4.

Am I right in using SCP/Zadig for drivers?

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Do we know if it will allow preload?
GameFly send me my key earlier...

I sent a tweet so just wait and see if they actually answer. They didnt answered my earlier questions on Resolution and Framerate but being close to release they might actually be friendlier.

Miguel81

My god is Outlast gory and I just went through THAT scene. If Amnesia TDD is Halloween, then this one is definitely Friday the 13th(Gore to 11). Oh, and Machine for Pigs was spectacularly disappointing -- some of the original game's mods were better than it(White Night).

Turfster

Yesterday's humble bundle daily third tier Kinetic Void ($10 minimum) is now 5€ on the humble store.
This doesn't seem very well thought out.

I purchased Gone Home from the humble store and just played through it... wow. What a unique and touching experience. If you haven't played it, you really should pick it up

AsylumX

They released keyless chests which apparently had better/more probable rewards than the keyed ones.

Actually, they have full sets in contrast to the old chests that have a mix of items. And they also change the way you get the items so you don't get duplicates for opening the same chest a couple of times. Basically they guarantee you will get the item you are looking for sooner or later without having to spend $1,000 on keys...

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, they're the complete series of Doctor Who comics that IDW has published. The only thing that's missing are some of the "spin off" comics series
such as the Star Trek: The Next Generation / Doctor Who crossover comics
which might be the week 2 bonus.

It's a great deal. Each volume is approximately 100 pages, so the $15 bundle nets you well over 1,400 pages.

Sounds good! Missing the
Star Trek
issues won't be a big deal seeing as she has an irrational distaste for it. Then again she had an irrational distaste for Doctor Who until I forced her to sit down and watch a couple episodes. Thanks for the info!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom