• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

19Kilo

Take this please.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Rush Bros. -- MB-CA2CA452EA427CBF - Taken by Vardhan

Grief.exe

Well considering I'm about 2 days away from pulling the trigger on an eBay auction for Silent Hill 2 for PC at around £30 now but will probably go to £40 it will probably end up on Steam if I win it :(

Outside of licencing, royalty fees or maybe even lost source code I have no idea why Konami didn't bring versions to PC when doing the HD collection. 2 I can understand as it was outsourced on PC but wasn't 3 an internal project for all versions?

Apparently the HD collection is garbage so we are probably better off.

didamangi

1 didn't have a PC release, and I do own Silent Hill 4 on PC (Silent Hill 4 is the only game in the series I own every version of, actually, the PS2, Xbox, and PC version), but honestly SH4's PC port isn't as good as SH2 and SH3's pc ports. There's flaws with it.

In Silent Hill 4's case, the PS2 version is the best version, with the Xbox and PC version having missing effects and some graphical glitches on occasion. It doesn't sound that bad on paper, but if you compare the two side by side there's a pretty big difference that these effects only on the PS2 version add to the game in a number of scenes.

I know 1 didn't but you know, PSX emulation and all :)

I have only SH 2 and 3 on my collection, 3 even has the OST disc bundle in, that's pretty cool. Could've gotten 4 when it was on sale for like $15 on playasia but missed it and regrets all around now.

But yeah, I'm with you guys and would probably buy day 1 if Konami released the HD collection PC version on steam.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Apparently the HD collection is garbage so we are probably better off.

Well the thing is, they wouldn't even need that. Assuming Konami is capable of just, you know, taking the files off of the DVD and having someone install the patches required to make SH2 and 3 work with modern systems (sound loop issues, adding widescreen with adjusted FOV) then it is pretty much ready to go. The games are HD capable, they just need some internal tweaks to the camera if you run in anything that isn't a 4:3 resolution. And damn do they look fucking beautiful.

But that's just asking too much for Konami. I had been told there was an internal push to get them on GoG but Konami proper seemed uninterested.

rookiejet

And all they had to do was fix the shitty respawning bases in far cry 2 and let the rest be. Instead, they also sprinkled in some asscreed and then made the protagonist the person I hated the most in that game.

I would've totally been for the narrative just being real, real stupid. The intro with paper planes and the yuppy college kids getting theirs was kind of the best thing that happened in that story.

I'm up for that. I probably could stomache a less self-serious narrative by these guys. I did not like the cutscenes, either. I did like my own little story of freeing the island people from the cartel, though, and pretending to be Rambo.

They should save whatever money they are spending on motion capture, and add a city-building endgame where after liberating the people I'm like, managing the island and leading them to economic prosperity. They should have the Anno guys do it. We can discover other islands (through a seafaring game, ofcourse). And then we can choose to be diplomatic and trade, or invade them. And then I could play Rambo again, but this time, evil. I'm sure they can add some more assassin's creed tropes as well. And then we can all duke it out in multiplayer island supremacy. Then, Ubi will have made the ultimate open world game. Do it, Ubi. Only you can build it.

Grief.exe

Well the thing is, they wouldn't even need that. Assuming Konami is capable of just, you know, taking the files off of the DVD and having someone install the patches required to make SH2 and 3 work with modern systems (sound loop issues, adding widescreen with adjusted FOV) then it is pretty much ready to go. The games are HD capable, they just need some internal tweaks to the camera if you run in anything that isn't a 4:3 resolution. And damn do they look fucking beautiful.

But that's just asking too much for Konami. I had been told there was an internal push to get them on GoG but Konami proper seemed uninterested.

That is what I would hope for. Konami probably wasn't interested previously, but they sure seem to have become aware of the revenue potential of the PC platform now.

Holy shit, didn't know DayZ has sold more than 2 million units. And that was at full price.

http://dayzgame.com/

Yep.

Rust is quite high as well, like 1.2-1.4.

Copons

Oh god you guys made me try it out of curiosity, but Rush Bros REALLY sucks.
Like I remember someone said there was an easy achiev in the first level obtainable running back after getting the double jump power up, but without any hint whatsoever every time, while running back I lost the double jump. Why? WHY OH GOD WHY would they give you double jump just to take it away from you a dozens of seconds later??

And in the second level there is a lever. I've tried like everything but apparently I'm not able to pull it.
Menu -> Exit Game -> sigh of relief

Friend of mine bought a couple of Dark Souls 2 keys from G2A and his sister's copy of the game just got deactivated. He contacted their support and they told him that he'd get refunds and that the seller had been suspended. Given what happened earlier in the thread today, the odds of both sellers simultaneously contacting Valve and disputing keys are non-existent. This probably means both Simply CD Keys and G2A got their keys from the same supplier and this is Scamco getting that particular batch of keys deactivated.

Bottom line, in case anyone was still in any doubt, both sites are unauthorized key resellers. Simply CD Keys doesn't become legit because they might also have a retail arm.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
I hope that Steam introduces an option to hide games from your library like Origin. I'd rather forget that I own games like Rush Bros, Wasteland Angel, Gun Monkeys and SPAZ

fernandes

Like I remember someone said there was an easy achiev in the first level obtainable running back after getting the double jump power up, but without any hint whatsoever every time, while running back I lost the double jump. Why? WHY OH GOD WHY would they give you double jump just to take it away from you a dozens of seconds later??

And in the second level there is a lever. I've tried like everything but apparently I'm not able to pull it.

Yeah I'm still not sure how levers work. I only tried a couple of levels too and I got it working by just mashing the button but not sure if that's how it is supposed to work.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
What happened here?

Did someone just buy all the cheap cards and relist them for a high price? 4 sold about an hour ago for an average of $4 each...

Meanwhile, I'm now idling cards from this game.

BruteUA

Eeeh, too many years have passed, I honestly don't remember. But could easily be a thing like that. What I remember clearly is that was a place I was totally sure nothing was going to happen, yet I was too tense to, like, move one step at a time and then pause for 2 minutes looking around (like I do in the scary section of HL2, fucking Ep1 and that building full of zombine where there's a floor that crumbles and you fall in a flooded room with a skeleton near you :D ), so I was just running ahead paralyzed until I finally broke. :(

I think what jacked me up was something at a school, hearing a baby crying. I've played other "scary" games, watched plenty of horror movies, and been in some real-life situations that were legit terrifying. But baby cries echoing through the hallways of an elementary school in Hell? Noooooooooooope.

didamangi

The game basically wants you to do everything as fast as possible since it's a speedrun game. For what it's designed for, the game is not bad actually, certainly isn't the worse of its kind.

Also, it's not that hard to get all the £0.25-£0.5 playfire rewards either, the don't die achievements that gives you £0.10 each are probably the hardest ones to get.

Yeah I'm still not sure how levers work. I only tried a couple of levels too and I got it working by just mashing the button but not sure if that's how it is supposed to work.

Mashing the button is exactly how it works.

Vardhan

Portal, Cogs, and Nuclear Dawn giveaway. These gifts have been sitting in my inventory for quite some time.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Cogs -- MB-94DA440301BE3544 - Taken by Armoured Priest. 1 entrants total.
Nuclear Dawn -- MB-AE55405824A47AE7 - Taken by Sub Zero. 5 entrants total.
Portal -- MB-43D6FA0CB6FEA6A6 - Taken by topyy. 1 entrants total.

t1400189847z1.png

Grief.exe

Friend of mine bought a couple of Dark Souls 2 keys from G2A and his sister's copy of the game just got deactivated. He contacted their support and they told him that he'd get refunds and that the seller had been suspended. Given what happened earlier in the thread today, the odds of both sellers simultaneously contacting Valve and disputing keys are non-existent. This probably means both Simply CD Keys and G2A got their keys from the same supplier and this is Scamco getting that particular batch of keys deactivated.

Bottom line, in case anyone was still in any doubt, both sites are unauthorized key resellers. Simply CD Keys doesn't become legit because they might also have a retail arm.

Either straight up stolen games or stolen credit cards used to purchase games. These things never end well.

Always go official when possible.

I hope that Steam introduces an option to hide games from your library like Origin. I'd rather forget that I own games like Rush Bros, Wasteland Angel, Gun Monkeys and SPAZ

You can always message support and have them remove the license from your account.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
gimme 75% off on that humongous entertainment pack Valve

edit: never use websites with numbers on them is my rule (and no I dont care how many times you say they are legit)

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
gimme 75% off on that humongous entertainment pack Valve

I just want the Pajama Sam games and a few Putt Putt and Freddie Fish games. They're bound to go on sale eventually, considering Putt Putt Goes to the Moon was a game that everyone in the Humongous re-release thread seemed to be hyped about, but apparently only reached an all time peak of 6 players.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Radical Roach Deluxe Edition huh?

the sceptic in me always thinks they do these "deluxe version" bullshit to get out from handing out keys from bundles

"well technically its not the game in the bundle, its the super duper version!"

Bundle Stars is not listed in the OT. Should we be worried?

oversight since it should be there

Copons

I think what jacked me up was something at a school, hearing a baby crying. I've played other "scary" games, watched plenty of horror movies, and been in some real-life situations that were legit terrifying. But baby cries echoing through the hallways of an elementary school in Hell? Noooooooooooope.

Oh gosh babies!

IIRC in the first Bioshock (also ditched because too scary :D ) there's this shady mom singing a lullaby to her baby in a stroller. Except when I got closer she attacked me. I killed her and I went to the stroller and inside there was a gun (like, for ammo, I can't remember). It was fucking terrifying.

Mashing the buttons is exactly how it works.

Oh.
I guess I misunderstood the tutorial pictures right under the lever with curved arrows all over the place like I was supposed to fire an hadouken to pull it. :D

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Sometimes I find the Chrome web store reviews of Enhanced Steam to be quite humorous.

It was okay, until today of, it doesnt seem to work on any of my browsers. This means that steam market api has changed and that is why it no longer works properly. Also there is few things to improve, like that steam card exchange doesnt seem to work at all, and market functions dont work right now. And why not valve hire this guy? Well due to the fact that if you go trough all css optimization learning, then well you might know a thing or two how to create stuff like this your own..

a) the Steam market API hasn't changed in months. Enhanced Steam was updated to reflect this months ago (he probably just tried using it when the Enhanced Steam API server was overloaded earlier)

b) The Steam card exchange links seem fine from here

c) Implying that Enhanced Steam is nothing but "CSS optimization" is quite silly

Oh well, they still gave it 3/5 stars :D

None of those games really scared me that much, save for a few brief moments from the Silent Hill series. But one thing that always got me were the damn witches in Left 4 Dead. Hearing them crying and seeing them in the corner always freaked me out. It's not even that bad now that I think about it, but for whatever reason it had an effect on me.

I've tried that level too, and many times, so I have come to the conclusion that the double jump works only for a limited period of time; the only visible hint is that when you have double-jump you glow purple instead of red, anyway I think they could have explained these simpple rules and not just letting people guess.

As for the button-mashing, I think that you have just to hit the down key until something triggers, in this case you see that a ball drops hence opening a passage to pass through, but at first I just kept hitting all keys randomly as it was not specified which key was prompted.

I can undertand how people may be put off by this lack of informations as I had the same initial reaction too, and I can also undertand how other people may like the game, as maybe it is not too bad if you can put up with kind of issues, although I reckon there are way more enjoyable "hardcore" platforms on Steam - Electronic Super Joy, Super Meat Boy, VVVVVV.

Card Boy

Banned
wow regional pricing on Humble Store, another site that can go fuck themselves. There is literally no safe havens left for Aussies unless you use VPNs and fake address information.

Knurek

header_292x136.jpg

Whoever asked me about Dominique Pamplemousse earlier (sorry for not remembering, I know that I like you though), I've wrapped up the game.

Took roughly 1.5 hours and... well, I can safely say it has been the most 'indie' game related experience I've had this year.

Seriously, black and white claymation musical dialogue-tree adventure game about a transgender inventor turned private detective investigating Auto-Tune usage in music industry? That's as far from dudebro shooter as you can go in gaming I think.
Not sure if it's actually worth of your or anyone's time. If you like experimental 'games', maybe. Don't expect too much though.

Also, as weird as that sounds when talking about a musical game, the singing was uniformly terrible.

Rhaknar

Thanks. How exactly can one verify if a bundle site, etc. legitimately works with Valve, publishers, etc.? I've bought from a couple of lesser known sites (Flying Bundle, etc.) and I want to know how to make sure they're legit in the future.

bundle sites are different from retailers anyway, as (I assume) they deal more with the developers/piblishers directly that Valve

the thing is, if a retailer is selling a unreleased "triple A" (ugh) 50 dollar release for 20 for example, than maybe you should assume that something might be shady and you are at risk of having your key deactivated

bundle sites are different from retailers anyway, as (I assume) they deal more with the developers/piblishers directly that Valve

the thing is, if a retailer is selling a unreleased "triple A" (ugh) 50 dollar release for 20 for example, than maybe you should assume that something might be shady and you are at risk of having your key deactivated
Thanks. I should be safe then.

Arthea

Whoever asked me about Dominique Pamplemousse earlier (sorry for not remembering, I know that I like you though), I've wrapped up the game.

Took roughly 1.5 hours and... well, I can safely say it has been the most 'indie' game related experience I've had this year.

Seriously, black and white claymation musical dialogue-tree adventure game about a transgender inventor turned private detective investigating Auto-Tune usage in music industry? That's as far from dudebro shooter as you can go in gaming I think.
Not sure if it's actually worth of your or anyone's time. If you like experimental 'games', maybe. Don't expect too much though.

Also, as weird as that sounds when talking about a musical game, the singing was uniformly terrible.
That was me. I sorta was interesting as I assumed it to be comedy of sorts, but if it's musical game with terrible singing, I'll pass. Thanks for suffering through this for me :)

Rhaknar

nice BLink Bundle as usual, but ill wait to see what the the mystery games are first, as atm Im only missing space giraffe from it

Knurek

nice BLink Bundle as usual, but ill wait to see what the the mystery games are first, as atm Im only missing space giraffe from it

If anyone is missing them, both Escape Goat and 1000 Amps from the $1 tier are amazing games, well worth your time.

Escape Goat is a pixel-art slightly puzzle platformer with amazing music.
1000 Amps is a puzzle-based metroidvania with some very low-key art, but pretty amazing puzzle/map design.

Vardhan

Did Microsoft ever confirm that GFWL will be discontinued, or it still a rumor with a lot of evidence for it? I'm still waiting for Dark Souls to eventually be updated with Steamworks (hopefully).

I had bought Age of Empires III several years ago and using GFWL was a pain.

Rhaknar

If anyone is missing them, both Escape Goat and 1000 Amps from the $1 tier are amazing games, well worth your time.

Escape Goat is a pixel-art slightly puzzle platformer with amazing music.
1000 Amps is a puzzle-based metroidvania with some very low-key art, but pretty amazing puzzle/map design.

yup, like I said, nice bundle. Ill probably buy it in the end and gift the spares as usual, just not in a hurry because Blink doesnt raise the BTA price

Did Microsoft ever confirm that GFWL will be discontinued, or it still a rumor with a lot of evidence for it? I'm still waiting for Dark Souls to eventually be updated with Steamworks (hopefully).

I had bought Age of Empires III several years ago and using GFWL was a pain.

its very official

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom