• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volimar

Just FYI, ModBot will probably edit out the winners from the INITIAL post in this case; if you'd rather it edit out the winners from a repost, just PM me the last time you repost before the deadline and I'll switch it over.

You are so awesome Stump.

s24XH.gif

That is all.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Just FYI, ModBot will probably edit out the winners from the INITIAL post in this case; if you'd rather it edit out the winners from a repost, just PM me the last time you repost before the deadline and I'll switch it over.

Ah I thought wiping the old post and putting a Silent Hill reference there instead would work. I'll PM you when I do the final repost!

dota 2 keys dropped in price because of the compendium. keyless chests were introduced April 29. There was a dip of a little more than 10c, then it went back to normal at 2.25~.

the reason for the drop in price is the compendium. All cosmetics, cards, everything is being unloaded to pick up compendiums.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Hey guys, most of my Steam Grid View images are gone, replaced with tiny square icons. Any idea what's up? Reinstalling the games doesn't seem to help.

Switch to the beta client. The current stable release is having trouble retrieving store header images for some reason.

just downloaded steam for the first time

tried downloading the blackligh retribution f2p, but its been stuck at 99% for who knows how long now. I go to the download queue and it keeps putting planetside 2 ahead of BL, even tho I keep moving BL up the queue.

also I clicked on the "updates required" button but it just says "1 second remaining" -_-

Volimar

tried downloading the blackligh retribution f2p, but its been stuck at 99% for who knows how long now. I go to the download queue and it keeps putting planetside 2 ahead of BL, even tho I keep moving BL up the queue.

also I clicked on the "updates required" button but it just says "1 second remaining" -_-

Welcome to steamGAF!

jmizzal

I won the Sniper Ghost Warrior 2 CE upgrade in a giveaway a few weeks ago, I thought it was the game but its an upgrade if you already have the game

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

xheRJRF.gif
Rush Bros. -- MB-F5EA2887AD6BE81B - Taken by properpropaganda
Sniper Ghost Warrior 2 CE upgrade -- MB-C68B64A2C1F1DB0E - Taken by genbatzu

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
thank you! my laptop is real shitty, so i'm not planning on buying any games really. i remember last time trying to play planetside 2 and thinking my laptop was gonna blow up -_-

The Planetside 2 beta is one of the only games I can recall not being able to get to run at all on my computer.

I believe one of the suggestions for fixing your issue is to switch which download server you're downloading from.

Also, spend like five dollars and get twenty indie games. Those will probably run.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge

You can try changing Download Region as something has been off recently with the U.S. Servers if that's where you are located.

To do so go to the Steam client, click on Steam in the top menu, click on settings. Once Settings comes up, click on Downloads and from there change Download Region to something else (I recommend Sweden, Norway, or B.C. Canada).

If that doesn't work, well change it back to your native download region and wait for someone else with a better idea.

Welcome to SteamGAF.

You can try changing Download Region as something has been off recently with the U.S. Servers if that's where you are located.

To do so go to the Steam client, click on Steam in the top menu, click on settings. Once Settings comes up, click on Downloads and from there change Download Region to something else (I recommend Sweden, Norway, or B.C. Canada).

If that doesn't work, well change it back to your native download region and wait for someone else with a better idea.

Welcome to SteamGAF.

haha thank yo sir, ill try this! downloading planetside 2, hawken, and team fortress 2 as well as blacklight. any other f2p games I should be aware of? i didnt like warframe on ps4 when I tried it out. was too drabby and uglyyy

I purchased Gone Home from the humble store and just played through it... wow. What a unique and touching experience. If you haven't played it, you really should pick it up

This game gets too much hate in the Steam reviews. I honestly enjoyed it.

Hey guys, most of my Steam Grid View images are gone, replaced with tiny square icons. Any idea what's up? Reinstalling the games doesn't seem to help.

I'm getting that too. I keep mine on Detail though.

Syncing Wii U Pro Controller to PC can be a bit difficult, however, this third party controller accessory by MayFlash works fantastic. Been using it for my main controller for 6 months now!

http://www.mayflash.com/Products/NINTENDOWiiU/W009.html

So... I've been using one of these, and I mostly love it, but... it binds the face buttons to match the letters on the Wii U pad to the ones on the 360, instead of binding the buttons to match their positions. Which makes me crazy, obviously.

Is there some way to just use a utility to globally remap buttons on an XInput controller? I've been looking at a lot of the popular controller utilities but mostly they seem to be based around mapping DirectInput buttons to XInput or XInput buttons to KB/M.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge

Volimar

Is anyone else having issues getting the icons to load up in grid view lately? I've only been able to get them to come back by deleting my httpcache folder in my Steam folder. This is the second time it's happened in a week.

Before:

After:

People are going to tell you to update to the beta version.

haha thank yo sir, ill try this! downloading planetside 2, hawken, and team fortress 2 as well as blacklight. any other f2p games I should be aware of? i didnt like warframe on ps4 when I tried it out. was too drabby and uglyyy

Post your steam ID if you want a flurry of friend requests.

Tizoc

Come the 19th I'll be getting Wolfenstein 2014 off GMG, Jase managed to convince me to take the safe route and grab it off of them.

fallout

Loved Gone Home! Any news on what their next game is?
They haven't announced anything, but one of the Fullbright people just finished a podcast series which I found to be super interesting:

TONE CONTROL
CONVERSATIONS WITH VIDEO GAME DEVELOPERS

tone control n. A control device, as on a high-fidelity amplifier, for varying the intensity of high and low frequencies. Alternately, a podcast where Steve Gaynor of The Fullbright Company sits down with noteworthy video game developers for an in-depth conversation about their career and creative process, and the tricky work of establishing and maintaining a cohesive tone in their games.

https://www.idlethumbs.net/tonecontrol

thank you! my laptop is real shitty, so i'm not planning on buying any games really. i remember last time trying to play planetside 2 and thinking my laptop was gonna blow up -_-

I said the same thing when I started to use Steam.

They haven't announced anything, but one of the Fullbright people just finished a podcast series which I found to be super interesting:

https://www.idlethumbs.net/tonecontrol

Sounds interesting and I should listen to more idlethumbs podcasts.

I remember when I used to be able to pick up dozens of keys at 1.40 a pop. Not sure how I was able to, but it was glorious. 1.85 seems to be the average key trader price these days, although if you're lucky you can find them at around 1.70. A lot better than 2.30 from the steam market though.

Got Dreadout for 9.20 via keys, and have saved much, much more on others games. If you take the time to learn how to do it you save a lot of money.

I'm playing battlefield f2p (lol) and my ADS is stuck on click, and I want it to be on toggle. like if I click to ads, it'll ads until I click again. there's nothing in the settings to fix this, halppp

maneil99

I remember when I used to be able to pick up dozens of keys at 1.40 a pop. Not sure how I was able to, but it was glorious. 1.85 seems to be the average key trader price these days, although if you're lucky you can find them at around 1.70. A lot better than 2.30 from the steam market though.

Got Dreadout for 9.20 via keys, and have saved much, much more on others games. If you take the time to learn how to do it you save a lot of money.
Brazilloans used to be able to get keys cheaper.

Yeah, they're the complete series of Doctor Who comics that IDW has published. The only thing that's missing are some of the "spin off" comics series
such as the Star Trek: The Next Generation / Doctor Who crossover comics
which might be the week 2 bonus.

It's a great deal. Each volume is approximately 100 pages, so the $15 bundle nets you well over 1,400 pages.

Wow insane deal. Jumping on this tomorrow for sure. Love me some who

Not sure why but Dreadout has the craziest load times I've seen in a PC game in ages. Takes minutes to load a save from the main menu.

Brazilloans used to be able to get keys cheaper.

Soon TF2 keys will probably be useless all together and I'll have to stop buying so many games ;-;

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Not sure why but Dreadout has the craziest load times I've seen in a PC game in ages. Takes minutes to load a save from the main menu.

Minutes? There's this one glitch right now I've experienced that I know happens if you go to the main menu from the school area and try to start a new game, and the first time you load the game it takes about 20-30 seconds, but I haven't experienced or heard minutes. Though closing and opening the game fixes the thing I mentioned, btw.
Though there's only two load screens in the game, the beginning and the transition to the main location, outside of restarting the game.

Minutes? There's this one glitch right now I've experienced that I know happens if you go to the main menu from the school area and try to start a new game, and the first time you load the game it takes about 20-30 seconds, but I haven't experienced or heard minutes. Though closing and opening the game fixes the thing I mentioned, btw.
Though there's only two load screens in the game, the beginning and the transition to the main location, outside of restarting the game.

Maybe it's an issue with higher resolutions? Am playing the game at 4K. Not sure what else it could be because I checked the forums and don't see any complaints and I'm sure that would be something people would yell about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom