• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I think the cheapest you can get it for at the moment would be at greenmangaming with this 20% off coupon: FUSWJT-B1DU64-JBV8UY. Or at Gamefly with this coupon: UKMAY20OFF (someone correct me if it's cheaper anywhere else).

It's also probably a uplay key, unless he doesn't care

impact

Banned
Not sure if I should buy Wolfenstein on PC or Gamefly it on PS4. The lack of mp really saddens me but mouse/keyboard is so nice.

Decisions, decisions.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
*rubs 2 koalas on his face and eats a giant spider to summon the Australian genie

JaseC, is The Plan a +1 f2p?

Not sure if I should buy Wolfenstein on PC or Gamefly it on PS4. The lack of mp really saddens me but mouse/keyboard is so nice.

Decisions, decisions.

Support single player FPS games by buying it, Machine Games people are great!

Wonder how the PC version will compare to the current gen versions.

-MD-

Decisions, decisions.

I wouldn't even consider playing an FPS on a console if I had the choice of PC.

GMG has it for $45. Support it, it looks dope.

Volimar

Just got back from seeing The Grand Budapest Hotel (finally).

It was good.

tumblr_n22xvrDXrV1ssitayo1_400.gif

Tizoc

I recall there being threads or posts on GAF on how some didn't like that every game had to come with an MP mode. Now I see people shying away from what is potentielly a fun shooter because it doesn't have an MP mode.

Levyne

Banned
I completely understand if someone wants to rent Wolfenstein because it's single player only. If I was more thrifty I'd probably do that too.

Rhaknar

I wouldn't even consider playing an FPS on a console if I had the choice of PC.

GMG has it for $45. Support it, it looks dope.

I play FPSs on PC with a controller

Come at me bro!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

I'm fairly certain I could feel my heart melting when that scene hit. ;) I was hoping there'd be a closer shot of her during the wedding scene so I could use it as an avatar in the future, but alas (she has just a handful of scenes in total, but I knew that going in).

The film must have done relatively well here -- I believe today's its last day and I went to the second-last session, so I was expecting to be foreveralone.jpg, but in the final minutes before the ads kicked off another dozen or so people showed up. Then again, it is Friday.

I play FPSs on PC with a controller

Come at me bro!

I thought people like you had become extinct (BPM aside). :p

Decisions, decisions.
I say get it on PC, but then again I'm loyal to the holy man that is Gabe Newell, so I'm a bit biased, haha.

My actual recommendation though is find someone who will buy it who will steam family share with you, give it a shot on PC, if you start thinking you'd prefer it on PS4 gamefly it, but if you are enjoying your time with it on PC, get it on PC, the worst thing that happens is that you find out you hate it, in which case you just uninstall it and move on with your life.

JaseC

On the flipside, there are some TPS games that I prefer to play with a kb&m. Namely those that demand precision, such as Max Payne 3, as opposed to something like Arkham Asylum.

On the flipside, there are some TPS games that I prefer to play with a kb&m. Namely those that demand precision, such as Max Payne 3, as opposed to something like Arkham Asylum.
I prefer ArkAsy with a KB/M, since on a controller run is the A button and moving the camera is the right stick trying to look around and run is a pain, and I always want to be looking around so on KB/M it's much better for me since the mouse looks around and space bar is the run key.
I'm the same with you when it comes to games like Max Payne 3 though.

I prefer ArkAsy with a KB/M, since on a controller run is the A button and moving the camera is the right stick trying to look around and run is a pain, and I always want to be looking around so on KB/M it's much better for me since the mouse looks around and space bar is the run key.
I'm the same with you when it comes to games like Max Payne 3 though.

Learn how to claw brah

JaseC

A brilliant film, from its cinematography to its story. Witty, dark and entertaining.

I was most impressed with Ralph Fienne's performance. The reviews raved about it, of course, but the trailers don't even begin to adequately capture how perfectly he encapsulates the endearing and deeply-rooted eccentricity of his character. As an aside, I hope Saoirse is made part of Wes' "family" and is given a more prominent role in the future (not that I need an excuse to see one of his films).

I'm one of these too!

I do use mouse/keyboard for strateg/rts though.

For a moment there I thought you said that you don't use the kb&m for RTS games. That would have been genuinely weird. ;)

Yay my GamesRage bundle finally came through after about 18 hours!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Two Worlds II -- MB-62E09261EE9C1D54 - Taken by Volimar

Copons

So, tonight I had the weirdest dream.
I get this mail from Steam saying I sold the Full Bore foil I put on the market at the preposterous price of 10€ (actually true story). So, having piled up enough Gabebucks, I go to the store to buy Anno 1404 but when I'm about to pay I notice those money weren't credited to my account, and there's a new email from Steam saying that the foil was bought with a stolen credit card so they voided that transaction and put back the foil in my inventory.

Now, please guys:
1) stop buying from untrusted key sellers;
2) please buy my 10€ Full Bore foil;
3) with your own card plz

Rhaknar

Well okay. Should be easy enough to circle strafe you.

I dont do multiplayer :p

also, spares

ModBot said:
Instructions for Rhaknar:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Eschalon: Book I -- MB-5825F6936521CBA0 - Taken by kudoboi
Eschalon: Book II -- MB-CF9F9DA64038A710 - Taken by nightstorm

impact

Banned
I recall there being threads or posts on GAF on how some didn't like that every game had to come with an MP mode. Now I see people shying away from what is potentielly a fun shooter because it doesn't have an MP mode.

Well it's Wolfenstein, one of the best PC MP FPS franchises of all time. What kind of world do we live in when a Wolfenstein game doesn't have MP but a Tomb Raider game does?

Volimar

Thanks for two worlds 2 bobnowhere!

Well it's Wolfenstein, one of the best PC MP FPS franchises of all time. What kind of world do we live in when a Wolfenstein game doesn't have MP but a Tomb Raider game does?

Sickening!

I probably wouldn't play the MP in either of those

Tizoc

Never knew older Wolfenstein games had multiplayer but the only Wolfenstein game I ever played was the 2009 one on PS3. Didn't dabble in online but it's SP was fun.

How's Return to Castle Wolfenstein btw?

aku:jiki

What kind of noob considers Wolf an MP franchise? There's like one game that even has an MP aspect anyone cares about, most of them didn't have it at all!

Edit: Haha, okay then. Good thing I wasn't the only one to wonder WTF, I guess!

impact

Banned
Never knew older Wolfenstein games had multiplayer but the only Wolfenstein game I ever played was the 2009 one on PS3. Didn't dabble in online but it's SP was fun.

How's Return to Castle Wolfenstein btw?

It's one of the best PC FPS of all time. Only CS and Q3 are better imo, maybe MoHAA

What kind of noob considers Wolf an MP franchise? There's like one game that even has an MP aspect anyone cares about, most of them didn't have it at all!

What are you, 12? Apparently no one played RtCW and ET. Somehow I'm not surprised.

Arthea

Girls Like Robots
This game is surely strange
It's a fairly good logical puzzle game, you have some types of individuals that put in certain place or near other individuals can be happy or unhappy, it depends, and you have to place them on given board to make as many of them happy as possible. Now, that would be fairly simple as you know rules and you know how many of which kind of individuals you have, but there is a trick to it. Not only board is locked at the start except spots in immediate vicinity of starting spot, you don't get to choose which individual to place, you are given them in certain order you don't see. Sounds like a challenge? It is!
There is one other thing. Not sure why this game seems so creepy to me, really, from all happiness and happiemeter thingie to how it looks and some writing. Maybe I'll get used to it (><)

edited: in case you don't know these facts of life, girls are extremely unhappy when surrounded by nerds, and robots when surrounded by girls.
totally creepy (><)

Arthea

Wolfenstein multiwhat?
what are you guys even talking about?

edited: anyway some knowledge need to be spilled in here:
the best shooter is Wolfenstein 3D closely followed by DooM. They best multiplay shooter is UT. That's how it is and was and will be.

aku:jiki

What are you, 12? Apparently no one played RtCW and ET. Somehow I'm not surprised.
Don't be mad at me because your post was ignorant, brah.

Apparently impact never played Wolf3D, Spear of Destiny, WolfRPG or New Order and thinks that one game constitutes a franchise. Somehow I'm not surprised.

impact

Banned
Don't be mad at me because your post was ignorant, brah.

Apparently impact never played Wolf3D, Spear of Destiny, WolfRPG or New Order and thinks that one game constitutes a franchise. Somehow I'm not surprised.

I was more referring to you trying to insult someone by calling them a noob. You totally got me man! 360 noscope bro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom