• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

alstein

Heh I just use the term 'moeslut' and 'loliwhore' because I dislike those designs and how they show up in like 95% of Japanese games now ^^;
The luck based gameplay thing is making me a bit hesitant can you elaborate on that?

There's a lot of luck factor in the game. I was hoping for something more like Culdcept Saga. If that turns you off, you won't like the game much.

Since you're into FGs some- one of the games made by this circle occasionally pops up at FG tournies (Acceleration of Suguri)- though it's more of a shooter-fighter hybrid game.

The game is fun though, even if it's not skillful. If you want a skillful card game, I'd get Faeria in a few months when that hits Steam. Comparing Faeria to Hearthstone is like comparing VF to MVC3.

Tizoc

There's a lot of luck factor in the game. I was hoping for something more like Culdcept Saga. If that turns you off, you won't like the game much.

The game is fun though, even if it's not skillful. If you want a skillful card game, I'd get Faeria in a few months when that hits Steam. Comparing Faeria to Hearthstone is like comparing VF to MVC3.

VF is like Tekken to me: I know only a few basics and mash FTW.
I'm down for any Card games releasing on Steam but I personally prefer ones with a simple to understand and use gameplay system.

alstein

VF is like Tekken to me: I know only a few basics and mash FTW.
I'm down for any Card games releasing on Steam but I personally prefer ones with a simple to understand and use gameplay system.

Faeria at its base level is fairly simple, though more complex than hearthstone. It really is a great game. Right now they're retooling it and trying to get some work done so when the Steam version comes out it will do well.

It's the only card game that made me as salty as Street Fighter does.

Tizoc

Faeria at its base level is fairly simple, though more complex than hearthstone. It really is a great game. Right now they're retooling it and trying to get some work done so when the Steam version comes out it will do well.

It's the only card game that made me as salty as Street Fighter does.

Interesting, is there an ETA on its Steam release?

_hekk05

Banned
So begins anew my quest to becoming a champion in ragnarok online.

As always, when you create your account, select female.. yup...

good lord acolytes are hard to train

alstein

Interesting, is there an ETA on its Steam release?

No. They want to get a new client out before a Steam release, they're a small team so it takes time.

Realistically, I'd expect late this year. It already has passed Greenlight though, so it will happen.

Milamber

So begins anew my quest to becoming a champion in ragnarok online.

As always, when you create your account, select female.. yup...

good lord acolytes are hard to train

Good lord, I remember being part of that beta in 1998. Glad I dropped it after a year.

DocSeuss

I think my goal on Steam should be to get all the FPSes on it. Aside from Quantum of Solace, Wolfenstein 09, and Cryostasis, has anything else been removed?

Also, I just had a huge breakthrough in understanding why Dishonored didn't QUITE connect with me, and THAT helped me realize that FEAR is the only FPS I've played that makes me feel both empowered and vulnerable simultaneously, and that's an amazing tightrope to walk.

I think my goal on Steam should be to get all the FPSes on it. Aside from Quantum of Solace, Wolfenstein 09, and Cryostasis, has anything else been removed?

Also, I just had a huge breakthrough in understanding why Dishonored didn't QUITE connect with me, and THAT helped me realize that FEAR is the only FPS I've played that makes me feel both empowered and vulnerable simultaneously, and that's an amazing tightrope to walk.

Bulletstorm.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Any impressions on Murdered: Soul Suspect yet?
Pretty OK price (?) on GMG and you get Quantum Conundrum for free.
Any code working?
System req`?

You can use this 25% coupon, which is incompatible with GMG credit: 9HZ09L-D4RYEU-FIW8BE
Or use the standard 20% that also enables you to use your credit
System reqs are in the Steam Page

I wouldn't have any expectations for it to be good though, it's a month away from release and Squeenix has hardly promoted it. Looks like a stinker to me

DocSeuss

I felt like a god in FEAR blowing people away with shotguns, never vulnerable.

I love that the game is like "um, yeah... we have no idea why Half-Life 2's shotgun is such a regression from Half-Life's; we don't hold with that kind of ammo count reduction. Here's 150 shells."

I dunno. I think the spooky atmosphere does good. It feels like this neat blend of Hong Kong action and horror.

Bulletstorm.

Oh right. Fortunately, like Cryostasis, I own it. I don't think it's POSSIBLE to get QoS, which saddens me greatly. But Wolf09 I should be able to get.

Benedict

You can use this 25% coupon, which is incompatible with GMG credit: 9HZ09L-D4RYEU-FIW8BE
Or use the standard 20% that also enables you to use your credit
System reqs are in the Steam Page

I wouldn't have any expectations for it to be good though, it's a month away from release and Squeenix has hardly promoted it. Looks like a stinker to me

Seems like I barely, or not even, reach the minimum requirements for my computer. So that makes it easy then.
Thanks for all the replies.

fantomena

Murderer. Soul Suspect is a Squeenix game, so it will be 25% off 3 weeks later and maybe 50% during the summer sale.

Never buy a Squeenix game at release. Tomb Raider learned me that.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

- 007 Legends (licence expired)
- Breach (Atomic Games died)
- Bulletstorm (GFWL casualty)
- Clive Barker's Jericho (pulled voluntarily due to crash issues relating to PhysX)
- Crysis 2 (EA lol; later replaced with the Maximum Edition)
- Deus Ex: Human Revolution (replaced with the Director's Cut)
- Earth: Year 2066 (pulled due to "dishonesty"; will return if/when the dev puts together a new description)
- Enemy Territory: Quake Wars (Acti's publishing contract expired and Bethesda is lazy)
- Homefront (IP changed hands and Crytek is lazy)
- Nexuiz (nobody bought it from THQ)
- Painkiller: Gold Edition (replaced with the Black Edition)
- Portal 2: Sixense Perceptual Pack (tied to the Razer Hydra)
- Prey (IP changed hands and Bethesda is lazy)
- Quantum of Solace (licence expired) Edit: Oh, duh, you mentioned this
- Raven Squad (SouthPeak/Ubi's publishing contract expired)
- Section 8 (SouthPeak/Ubi's publishing contract expired and TimeGate is dead)
- Shellshock 2: Blood Trails (ownership reverted to Rebellion?)
- Soldier of Fortune: Payback (licence expired)
- The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena (Atari is stupid)
- Turning Point: Fall of Liberty (ownership reverted to Spark Unlimited?)

DocSeuss

- 007 Legends (licence expired)
- Breach (Atomic Games died)
- Bulletstorm (GFWL casualty)
- Clive Barker's Jericho (pulled voluntarily due to crash issues relating to PhysX)
- Crysis 2 (EA lol; later replaced with the Maximum Edition)
- Deus Ex: Human Revolution (replaced with the Director's Cut)
- Earth: Year 2066 (pulled due to "dishonesty"; will return if/when the dev puts together a new description)
- Enemy Territory: Quake Wars (Acti's publishing contract expired and Bethesda is lazy)
- Homefront (IP changed hands and Crytek is lazy)
- Nexuiz (nobody bought it from THQ)
- Painkiller: Gold Edition (replaced with the Black Edition)
- Portal 2: Sixense Perceptual Pack (tied to the Razer Hydra)
- Prey (IP changed hands and Bethesda is lazy)
- Quantum of Solace (licence expired)
- Raven Squad (SouthPeak/Ubi's publishing contract expired)
- Section 8 (SouthPeak/Ubi's publushing contract expired and TimeGate is dead)
- Shellshock 2: Blood Trails (ownership reverted to Rebellion?)
- Soldier of Fortune: Payback (licence expired)
- The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena (Atari is stupid)
- Turning Point: Fall of Liberty (ownership reverted to Spark Unlimited?)

I knew I could count on you. Thanks! I own some of those (Prey, Homefront, Breach, Bulletstorm, Riddick, Section 8). No idea how to get some of those other ones, though. :\

DocSeuss

Woah, cool. Do we have a list of any other games that are available, redeemable on Steam, but not on Steam?

EDIT: Neat. Turns out I actually own Jericho! :D

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
To add to this, retail keys for 007 Legends, Breach, DE:HR, Homefront, and Nexuiz register on Steam, while Amazon sells Steam keys for Raven Squad.

Interesting to know, only knew about 007 Legends and DE:HR.

Jericho only went off the Steam Store two weeks ago, and been taken off a few other marketplaces, so thought it was worth mentioning.

Dusk Golem

found it was in Indie Gala Codemasters bundle and reseller price is still low ($2.1~2.4 o_O)

As I said a message above, it only went off the Store page about two weeks ago. I'll be honest I didn't know it was off Steam until literally just now myself, and first thing I had to check was availability slightly after the incident. It's been taken off of Steam, GMG, and a few others, but still up on those two.

Pachimari

007: Blood Stone aren't available anywhere anymore right?

I now have an urge to get all the games which have been removed from Steam.

Mostly Mafia, Blood Stone and Deadpool.

topyy

As I said a message above, it only went off the Store page about two weeks ago. I'll be honest I didn't know it was off Steam until literally just now myself, and first thing I had to check was availability slightly after the incident. It's been taken off of Steam, GMG, and a few others, but still up on those two.

but it was 6 month ago bundle and includes another off game Fuel,the price...too low

I can not imagine why would a publisher acquire an IP and then didn't do anything to profit off it.
Even Dark Souls 2 is getting like that for my timezone. There are still plenty of people in the popular areas, but outside of that it can be tough to get a summon.
I had to use steam's browser while I was waiting to be summoned, and I had cross region play turned on.

Tizoc

Murderer. Soul Suspect is a Squeenix game, so it will be 25% off 3 weeks later and maybe 50% during the summer sale.

Never buy a Squeenix game at release. Tomb Raider taught me that.

Taught. It taught you that.

If I'm lucky maybe I can get it for under $20 if not 'free' after saving up some more GMG credit.

Was Turok ever released on Steam? I know Blur was, but say I got a retail copy of it, where would I find its CD key? In its manual?

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
I loved Sen's Fortress as it reminded me of the early Tomb Raider games(traps galore). About the Bed of Chaos, it gets a lot of hate but I enjoyed the fact that it was basically just a puzzle. If From ever removes the gfwl garbage and replaces it with Steamworks, I'll immediately replay it again.
But that's one of the great things about the Souls games, and this may sound a little weird, but I feel like they're essentially giant puzzle games. Figuring out how to progress through a level, what items and equipment to use, where to hurt a boss, when to dodge (or block)... It's figuring these things out that's though. Aslong as you keep your cool, use your wits and persevere, you can progress through almost any situation in these games.

Here's hoping they ever remove GFWL. :/

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Damn, these impressions on the Wolf TNO OT are making me reconsider my purchase. I can get it for free from GMG but maybe I should save my credit for their summer sale or another upcoming game. I was expecting so much from this game :(

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
The game a) isn't very good imo and b) will end up in bundles sooner than later anyway.

sooner than you think, since it was in a humble bundle anyway which might get repeated during this

anyway, booted up Prototype 2, runs perfectly, which is nice because I could never get rid of a weird stuttering in the first one (I finished the first on 360 so not too fussed). Booting up a Prototype also reminds me, and please lets not get into a flame war because this is my personal opinion, but how much more I like this series compared to Infamous. Especially the movement, I love the..."looseness" of it compared to Infamous. I also prefer the universe. Anyway not trying to start anything with that, just my personal opinion like I said

Dusk Golem

Teehee.png

Tee-hee.

I'm surprised how flawlessly Steam Overlay works for Silent Hill 3. Some games it gets all glitchy or problematic.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
anyone here called Suneetroxx on steam or is it just a random beggar trying to friend me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom