• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Either load up chrome incognite(I do this so it doesn't affect my normal browsing of steam with my usual currency), google steam ru, click the basket link and then search for the game. It'll come up on the page if it's locked. Or alternatively, go to the game on steamdb.info and check if there is a russian subid, or if it doesn't allow cross region trading.

Thanks, reminded I've been told this before so I think it should stick this time :p

denx

I was told that Titanfall only downloads 20 or so GB of compressed data which afterwards it decompresses so the game ends up eating 50 GB of hard drive, but it seems like Origin is downloading the full 50 GB right now. I'm crying.

I was told that Titanfall only downloads 20 or so GB of compressed data which afterwards it decompresses so the game ends up eating 50 GB of hard drive, but it seems like Origin is downloading the full 50 GB right now. I'm crying.

Origin tells you its downloading the full game when it's really not. If you look at your download speed it should be many more times faster than normal.

PaulLFC

Is Planetary Annihilation worth a purchase currently? It's reduced to £19.79 on the Humble store, I'm assuming it won't be cheaper than that when it releases.

senahorse

I don't think the origin download metre is entirely accurate, mine also said it was downloading 50GB but it never actually downloaded anywhere near that.

Nabs

Are you judging the size by what Origin shows, or are you using an external bandwidth meter?

denx

Origin tells you its downloading the full game when it's really not. If you look at your download speed it should be many more times faster than normal.

You're right. Game was downloading at 4 MB/sec when usually my puny internet connection is hovering around 1 MB/sec to 1.5 MB/sec tops.

THANK GOODNESS, I won't have to wait a whole day for this thing to download like when I downloaded BF3 + Premium. That was fun.

Are you judging the size by what Origin shows, or are you using an external bandwidth meter?

Just what Origin shows.

Tenrius

When was Cliver Barker's Jericho removed from Steam? Glad I still have it, anyway! Anybody play that? I think I'd like to try it.

Skyzard

Banned
Anyone want to go in on a Guns of Icarus pack, maybe fire it up too? I was hoping to get some space pirate action with airbucaneers but it's totally empty, this seems much more active, and a bit nicer too - especially the clouds.

I wouldn't mind going in for the BattleBlock Theatre Chaos Pack either, love the alien hominid guys.

Zeliard

When was Cliver Barker's Jericho removed from Steam? Glad I still have it, anyway! Anybody play that? I think I'd like to try it.

I haven't played it in ages but it's probably the grimiest, filthiest game I've ever played, aesthetically. I felt like taking about 8 boiling-hot showers every time I was done with it.

Which I suppose was the whole idea, so kudos to them for that, I guess.

It also had some fairly neat ideas as far as party mechanics and such, but the A.I. and general encounter design wasn't up to the task.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

It was removed about a month ago. I've played the first three quarters on 360. I didn't enjoy it, it was a pretty bad game IMO. Most of the characters are completely useless (the game is built around allowing you to switch between characters), AI sucks, it's ugly as hell, combat isn't great, story and dialogue are terrible. weapons feel poor. It's been a number of years since I played it so maybe I'd feel differently now.

NotSelf

Awesome game had it on wii.

Enjoy!

ModBot said:
Instructions for NotSelf:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

BIT TRIP RUNNER -- MB-6D22FE1A102800C6 - Taken by pupo. 1 entrants total.

t1400369978z1.png

Tenrius

I haven't played it in ages but it's probably the grimiest, filthiest game I've ever played, aesthetically. I felt like taking about 8 boiling-hot showers every time I was done with it.

Which I suppose was the whole idea, so kudos to them for that, I guess.

It also had some fairly neat ideas as far as party mechanics and such, but the A.I. and general encounter design wasn't up to the task.

It was removed about a month ago. I've played the first three quarters on 360. I didn't enjoy it, it was a pretty bad game IMO. Most of the characters are completely useless (the game is built around allowing you to switch between characters), AI sucks, it's ugly as hell, combat isn't great, story and dialogue are terrible. weapons feel poor. It's been a number of years since I played it so maybe I'd feel differently now.

I hoped for somewhat better impressions, but seems likes it's worth a try regardless, at least to determine how bad it exactly is. Haven't played a shooter in a while, so it'll be a nice change of pace regardless of how the actual game plays. Downloading it now.

I'm guessing thanks to the early access funding, Godus is still in development and is finally starting to reach its full potential...

https://itunes.apple.com/nz/app/godus/id815181808

But isn't that infinite?

maneil99

Is Planetary Annihilation worth a purchase currently? It's reduced to £19.79 on the Humble store, I'm assuming it won't be cheaper than that when it releases.

If you like skirmish and MP in RTS yes, its pretty complete unit and ai wise, its very playable, I love it. Crashes sometimes but very enjoyable.

Kaleinc

Banned
I hoped for somewhat better impressions, but seems likes it's worth a try regardless, at least to determine how bad it exactly is. Haven't played a shooter in a while, so it'll be a nice change of pace regardless of how the actual game plays. Downloading it now.
Found it quite enjoyable which is not something I say often about an fps.

Welp... I've been playing Dragon Age Origins for a bit over 30 hours now with no issues... And suddenly today my game crashes almost 90% of the time I go through a load screen. This is fucking annoying. For example right now I'm stuck in a tavern and can't get out cause I crash all the time.
Quick save a lot, and are you using texture mod? It gets a bit unstable in Denerim, maybe try the 4GB patch, the game only uses 2, and crashes when it goes over that number.

Zeliard

By all means, give it a shot. The squad stuff is pretty cool and I didn't hate my time with it. It just didn't quite fulfill some of the promise it had. It's still something I'd much prefer to play over your generic, middling shootbang like, I dunno, Homefront.

By all means, give it a shot. The squad stuff is pretty cool and I didn't hate my time with it. It just didn't quite fulfill some of the promise it had. It's still something I'd much prefer to play over your generic shootbang like, I dunno, Homefront.

Yeah it doesn't manage to bring it all together. It tries though, which makes it worth a look.

I have to say I'm a bit surprised by the love for Tropico. Nothing bad to say about it, I just always thought it was kind of a throw away franchise.

How long does it take to really get into it?

Shade

Some old stuff. None of it should be taken. Enjoy!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 10 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Warhammer 40k Dawn of War II Retribution Complete Chapter Pack Bundle DLC -- MB-A0A8D18013A20BFB - Taken by Exuro. 7 entrants total.
Warhammer 40k Dawn of War II Retribution Tau Commander and All Campaign Wargear and TLS Wargear DLC -- MB-435C58868F14F372 - Taken by drakaenae. 4 entrants total.
Warhammer 40k Dawn of War II Retribution Last Stand Alone DLC Complete Pack -- MB-9764075344D5364D - Taken by BibiMaghoo. 3 entrants total.
Super Hexagon -- MB-E606B6C66EC123A5 - Taken by Natty1. 8 entrants total.
Dungeon Defenders and All DLC -- MB-D7FCABB9FFA4D2EB - Taken by Majukun. 9 entrants total.
Crayon Physics Deluxe -- MB-F197AC4CFFC9EE7D - Taken by pupo. 2 entrants total.
The Binding of Isaac and Wrath of the Lamb DLC -- MB-7AA50EC6E48FAFD3 - Taken by pahamrick. 6 entrants total.
Superbrothers Sword & Sworcery EP -- MB-CE75B95C920A54E3 - Taken by saunderez. 7 entrants total.
Beat Hazard Ultra -- MB-80CFFC972997BDF6 - Taken by topyy. 5 entrants total.
Nightsky -- MB-6219FE16358F067A - Taken by Henry Swanson. 3 entrants total.

t1400383618z1.png

Megasoum

Banned
Quick save a lot, and are you using texture mod? It gets a bit unstable in Denerim, maybe try the 4GB patch, the game only uses 2, and crashes when it goes over that number.

Oh... Looks like the 4gb patch might have done it... I've been playing for 20 minutes and no crash or missing textures... Thanks!

Aaron D.

Ack! YouTube has just conspired against me.

I was watching AVGN's take on SimCity (SNES). The opening 5 seconds of the SNES title-screen music brought back a wave of nostalgia that sent me immediately to IsThereAnyDeal.com to see current price status of the SimCity (2013), a title I knew to steer clear off, but was always curious about either way.

Turns out EA/Origin is having a weekend sale with loads of titles 40% off. SimCity came out to $17.99, a price that seemed fair enough to satisfy that curiosity.

Now I've gone and done it, haven't I?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Bethesda isn't going to flip the switch on Wolf14's pre-load until Monday.

Yeah. A 40GB+ game will have a pre-load period of 24 hours. Bethesda out-R*'d R*.

What have you done.
What have you done?!

He's collecting the wrong games!

oceanskie

Banned
GAF,

Has there been further news regarding GFWL's shut down? More specifically, has there been news regarding GTA4 + Dark Souls regarding their GFWL implementation?

Edit: Thanks JaseC.

JaseC

GAF,

Has there been further news regarding GFWL's shut down? More specifically, has there been news regarding GTA4 + Dark Souls regarding their GFWL implementation?

In order:

1) Microsoft has yet to formally announce the shutdown of GFWL, but at this point it's the world's worst-kept secret
2) R* updated GTA4's store page to say that it cannot guarantee continued online functionality, which is tacit admission that no patch will be issued
3) Dark Souls' app is as dead as ever, but considering Scamco took the time (and money) to patch out GFWL from Ace Combat, of all games, it's all but assuredly only a matter of time before Dark Souls receives the same treatment

Pachimari

I'm gonna complete Dark Souls before gfwl shuts down. I just can't take the risk in waiting.

I noticed COD4's servers has a GameSpy logo. Will the multiplayer shut down?

Miguel81

I'm gonna complete Dark Souls before gfwl shuts down. I just can't take the risk in waiting.

It was a rather lonely experience, since summoning/getting summoned is busted. Most of the time you'll be stuck for waiting for someone to appear and it never happens. I completed it, but I was looking forward to a better online.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
It was a rather lonely experience, since summoning/getting summoned is busted. Most of the time you'll be stuck for waiting for someone to appear and it never happens. I completed it, but I was looking forward to a better online.

Sort of like playing Demon Souls at this point. If you want worthwhile summons you just need to play at the same time as a friend.

JaseC

Big thanks to Mavromatis for gifting me 100% Orange Juice.

Come GameSpy's death there'll be no master server, but you'll still be able to connect to servers directly. In practice, nothing will change all that much.

Miguel81

Sort of like playing Demon Souls at this point. If you want worthwhile summons you just need to play at the same time as a friend.

I left my sign outside of the Smough & Ornstein battle, and it worked a couple of times. It was a great way to practice so I could take them down on my own. Other than that spot, it was a pain in the butt waiting and waiting for it to work.

Grief.exe

I feel like a broken record here, but there really is no risk in waiting. Game will still function after the shutdown, your save will still work.

Best case scenario Namco patches the game.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Ack! YouTube has just conspired against me.

I was watching AVGN's take on SimCity (SNES). The opening 5 seconds of the SNES title-screen music brought back a wave of nostalgia that sent me immediately to IsThereAnyDeal.com to see current price status of the SimCity (2013), a title I knew to steer clear off, but was always curious about either way.

Turns out EA/Origin is having a weekend sale with loads of titles 40% off. SimCity came out to $17.99, a price that seemed fair enough to satisfy that curiosity.

Now I've gone and done it, haven't I?

Look on the bright side. You could have bought a real piece of trash like Extreme Paintbrawl. Instead, you only bought a mildly garbage game.

JaseC

I want the Doom beta to be good. It's been 15 years since the world had an objectively brilliant arena shooter.

I want the Doom beta to be good. It's been 15 years since the world had an objectively brilliant arena shooter.
Hope springs eternal... but I just can't see it happening. I just don't think the current id crew has the capabilities to strong-arm the subgenre back to modern relevance with the current landscape.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller

I'll half-agree, half disagree, on account I technically think Killing Floor is better than the old Doom games, but I also understand that it's different and people feel differently, on-top of the fact Killing Floor hasn't had the impact that Doom has had (and there's fan-made versions of most of Doom 1's and 2's maps in Killing Floor).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom