• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.
XBnVJ.png

Modbot lays down the law.
laugh.gif

I knew it was going to end bad as soon as he posted a link to a game with Saimin in the title. (Saimin means Mind Control/Hypnosis)
tumblr_m5iwswlb7l1qktqs5.gif

see ya bellbro suckass

weird, worked for me just fine (10%+coupon stacked i think)

Nobody's summoning me currently for Dragon PvP... :(
But if you really want to avoid the Bellbros, just set Steam to offline mode. I had to do this to farm that Mad Warrior set from Belfry Sol.

Well either way, I got the coupon through and now own Stranded. Quite looking forward to checking this out. The RPS preview sounded extremely promising.

For context, do you enjoy games like Proteus? The impressions I have read suggest it is a very short (15-20 minute) experience well along those lines.

Being a huge fan of The Dig (I hope people know that game) I was quite interested in Stranded. But there doesn't seem to be much comparison in the end.

Zeliard

For context, do you enjoy games like Proteus? The impressions I have read suggest it is a very short (15-20 minute) experience well along those lines.

Being a huge fan of The Dig (I hope people know that game) I was quite interested in Stranded. But there doesn't seem to be much comparison in the end.

I've actually never played Proteus.

But I adore point-and-click adventures, I adore science fiction, and I adore generally meditative fare (Kentucky Route Zero is amazing), so I think Stranded is right up my alley.

I was also a big fan of The Dig as a kid, for what it's worth. Some incredible obtuse puzzle design, sure, but atmospherically it was a wonder.

zkylon

zkylewd
Nobody's summoning me currently for Dragon PvP... :(
But if you really want to avoid the Bellbros, just set Steam to offline mode. I had to do this to farm that Mad Warrior set from Belfry Sol.

i can never get dragonbros to get summoned. they always fail for one reason or another.

also i wish it'd just locked you both from using estus flasks.

estus makes duels feel really lame

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
I've actually never played Proteus.

But I adore point-and-click adventures, I adore science fiction, and I adore generally meditative fare (Kentucky Route Zero is amazing), so I think Stranded is right up my alley.

I was also a big fan of The Dig as a kid, for what it's worth. Some incredible obtuse puzzle design, sure, but atmospherically it was a wonder.

This is really one everyone should pick up on steam. Truly an otherworldly experience even if some of the puzzles are as obtuse as they get.

Grief.exe

"I feel like we're already approaching iOS App Store-like saturation on Steam," he adds. "Sure, it's not quite as bad, but it's heading in that direction, and we're also starting to see some of the issues that mobile devs and marketers face, like low pricing, difficulty standing out, etc."

I've been saying this for a while, and Valve will have a real problem on their hands going forward.

Authority

Banned
I've been saying this for a while, and Valve will have a real problem on their hands going forward.

After some quick calculations, we found that less than five months into 2014, more new games have now launched on Steam than during the whole of 2013. At the current rate, over 2,000 games will release on Steam this year, compared to just over 600 in 2013.

AdSteamQuality+ Blocking the worst games on Steam since 2014.

/makeithappen.

Village

Yo, homies on the proverbial steam streets

Agarest: Generations of War

That game is on sale, I have money and want to buy a Japanese game for some reason.

Is this any good?

Nzyme32

My absolute belief at this point is that they have to be close to bring out their new store front idea and that that system must be inherently good at both helping users better discover content as well as making shity content hard to discover. Otherwise steam will fuck itself. Changing the store is essentially messing with their entire business, so I feel like "opening the flood gates" as it were may be part of testing their system internally in some way.

I really find it hard to think up a reasonable explanation for steams current state if that isn't it

zkylon

zkylewd
I ran it on Vista with zero issues at the end of 2012, I can't imagine there's anything stopping it from working in 7.

cool, no hurries to get it now but when it gets cheap it's mine

a friend of mine is a huge fan and he gave me like his pirated copy from 2001 or something but let's just buy it when it's cheap and be done with it

i can never get dragonbros to get summoned. they always fail for one reason or another.

also i wish it'd just locked you both from using estus flasks.

estus makes duels feel really lame

Hahaha, go stock up and use the lloyd talismans or whatever. Or just make sure to kill them before they use it. ^_^

--

I want Transistor, but I'll wait for more impressions as well as a sale.

zkylon

zkylewd
it's really weird they didn't do the 10% for transistor. or anything really. i need the 10% to justify it to my brain

Hahaha, go stock up and use the lloyd talismans or whatever. Or just make sure to kill them before they use it. ^_^

yeah i'm just like, i can get if you heal during invasions or whatever, that's war time but this is a duel between gentlemen, healing should be disallowed imo

i just bought all the lloyd talismans from cat lady, i'm putting em to good use next time

Transistor is...weird. It's a very beautiful game that has a very minimalist narrative that's being delivered to you in kind of broken chronological order that's kind of interesting. I guess it's very similar to Bastion in that regard. It's the gameplay that's kind of weird and I don't know if I really like it, mainly because of the stop/start pacing. It almost feels like I'm playing some modern military shooter and I have to duck behind cover to wait for my health to regen before popping out and fighting again.

Valve needs to have a separate, large, dedicated team of people whose sole job is working on Steam, from improving the client, working on customer support and curating the kinds of content that gets released on the store. There needs to be a happier median between their old highly curated store and the open floodgates we currently have. Their current solution has simply been to default the storefront to displaying top sellers instead of new releases. Out of sight, out of mind isn't addressing the problem.

it's really weird they didn't do the 10% for transistor. or anything really. i need the 10% to justify it to my brain

yeah i'm just like, i can get if you heal during invasions or whatever, that's war time but this is a duel between gentlemen, healing should be disallowed imo

i just bought all the lloyd talismans from cat lady, i'm putting em to good use next time

Yeah, I know, right -- and it's only a matter of time before it hits a humble bundle with soundtrack included, so...

And as far as that goes, not everyone is honorable. I've had people stand behind me and just go nuts as soon as I'm forming, I've had people feign like they were giving space to prep before engaging, I've had people run off into the world making it so I had to deal with the creatures as well as them...

The only plus is I learn from every duel, so I start trying to make use of some of those strategies as I go forward when other people are dicks.

Normally I try to play fair... unless there are red signs... I'm always tempted to go get two phantoms summoned and then run around pulling red invaders in and slaughter them. ^_^

Transistor is...weird. It's a very beautiful game that has a very minimalist narrative that's being delivered to you in kind of broken chronological order that's kind of interesting. I guess it's very similar to Bastion in that regard. It's the gameplay that's kind of weird and I don't know if I really like it, mainly because of the stop/start pacing. It almost feels like I'm playing some modern military shooter and I have to duck behind cover to wait for my health to regen before popping out and fighting again.

My biggest concern was that the combat looked super repetitive.

zkylon

zkylewd
Yeah, I know, right -- and it's only a matter of time before it hits a humble bundle with soundtrack included, so...

And as far as that goes, not everyone is honorable. I've had people stand behind me and just go nuts as soon as I'm forming, I've had people feign like they were giving space to prep before engaging, I've had people run off into the world making it so I had to deal with the creatures as well as them...

The only plus is I learn from every duel, so I start trying to make use of some of those strategies as I go forward when other people are dicks.

Normally I try to play fair... unless there are red signs... I'm always tempted to go get two phantoms summoned and then run around pulling red invaders in and slaughter them. ^_^

yea i just don't like to extend these laggy pvp fights more than needs be :p

Pachimari

Actually just started up Max Payne 3 again, and the stages/locales makes it refreshing every chapter so far. I'm at the part, where he just cut his hair off and is wearing the Miami shirt. I still really like the game, much more than on Xbox 360 where I couldn't aim with the controller.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
grats thats a cool lookin card too. thats pretty much all i care about cards, iz if they coo.

I'd keep it, but I want card money for more games. Doesn't look like it'll move anytime soon though.

Yo, homies on the proverbial steam streets

Agarest: Generations of War

That game is on sale, I have money and want to buy a Japanese game for some reason.

Is this any good?

From what I've heard, it's a divisive game, you might like the game or you might hate it. I suggest looking at some gameplay footage on Youtube to see if you might like the way it plays.

Has being for years. I picked up all Loom, Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade and The Dig all for $2.50 ages ago on Steam.

Cry with me here if you want more LucasArts Adventure games.

I didn't even realize Fate of Atlantis was on Steam. Definitely going to have pick that up at some point.

I've put about 5 hours into it now, and I think the different enemy types, and all the different combination of abilities more than solves the repetitive issue that Bastion had in my opinion.

Bastion had plenty of variety . :p

With all the early gameplay I've seen of Transistor, it's all been <Plan> <ability x> <ability x> <ability x> <ability x> <execute> and then repeat for the rest of the enemies.

I don't really want to spoil the game so I haven't watched more than that first section of gameplay they were using for promotional purposes.

yea i just don't like to extend these laggy pvp fights more than needs be :p

Ever since I realized how beast Affinity is for me, if they don't have a great shield or great magic barrier, they're pretty much screwed from the beginning if they fight fair. ;)

Though lag has bit me in the ass a few times... I need 6 more wins before I can absolve myself of dueling for scales.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom