• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Dogg

Tetris is eternal, if you just let yourself run it, you are immediately into it again, it's such a game, and Peggle is in that category. Although there is significant difference between the two. Tetris is mostly about speed, fingers speed and decision making speed, and in that we reach limit sooner or later and aren't improving after that, at least that's what happens to most people, while Peggle seemingly being much more random, is actually a lot about skill of judging geometry and recoil. I found that there is no limit in improving your skill with Peggle, only improvement is not as fast, but it's there. It's probably possible to get so good at it, that you can clear stages with moving hard objects in several hits if you play long enough (><)

Rubick's Cube was awesome idea, there is no denying that, but people get bored by it pretty quickly, once you put it several times, there is no meaning in playing further. Still a great toy. I can see how it can be improved though, although such improvements would make it much less appealing, I must admit.

I think everything has a certain threshold of repetition and peoples' tolerances vary depending upon their preferences. I sure couldn't play Minecraft as much as some do (plus I see those Yogcast folks about town from time to time) but other are besotted by it.

Though I know even in 10, 20 even 30 years time if I'm still kicking about I could easily pick up vanilla Tetris and still have a blast. Though not Tetris Blast though. That's one of things I was trying to say that I can see Peggle 2 trying and just like the additions of the 4x4x4 and 6x6x6 Rubrik's cubes, it's a reiteration of a great idea that loses some of the originals charm and magic.

Nzyme32

Also ANTEMASQUE <3

tumblr_lsgc4gUlpX1r0ojhto1_500.gif

Just bought Project Temporality of GMG with some credit for $.18, and I'm having a hell of a time understanding the logic in this game, the tutorial isn't very helpful, maybe I just need some sleep but this first puzzle is messing with my head. The soundtrack though is great, really diggin it, kind of a Mass Effect/Mirror's Edge vibe to it.

I am not good at CS:GO

There's a fine line of when to, for lack of a better word
well, for laziness
, YOLO it with a pistol rush around a corner and when to let someone try that to you. Also: gun recoil timing.

Learn those two things and you'll be mic spamming obscenities at your team like a true master.

nexen

There's a fine line of when to, for lack of a better word
well, for laziness
, YOLO it with a pistol rush around a corner and when to let someone try that to you. Also: gun recoil timing.

Learn those two things and you'll be mic spamming obscenities at your team like a true master.

I understood some of these words.

Good thing Transistor came out today and Killer is Dead comes out later this week, think I'd go nuts just waiting for Civ Beyond Earth otherwise. I just wanna pre-order the game already.

I wonder if they'll do that tiered pre-order bonus stuff. Doesn't seem like it's been a popular trend, haven't seen it in a while. Civ V will be a pre-order bonus I imagine.

Also ANTEMASQUE <3

Cedric and Omar <3

Grief.exe

Good thing Transistor came out today and Killer is Dead comes out later this week, think I'd go nuts just waiting for Civ Beyond Earth otherwise. I just wanna pre-order the game already.

I wonder if they'll do that tiered pre-order bonus stuff. Doesn't seem like it's been a popular trend, haven't seen it in a while. Civ V will be a pre-order bonus I imagine.

Transistor
Wolfenstein
Watch Dogs
Killer is Dead
The Forest
Stomping Ground
H1Z1

Who says summer is a slow release schedule? That represents the last 10 days of May.

yeesh, both Civ V expansions are still 30 bucks each

Base price, but they go on sale quite frequently.

It's about time that I pick up the Xcom expansion and the Brave New World.

BlackJace

Transistor
Wolfenstein
Watch Dogs
Killer is Dead
The Forest
Stomping Ground
H1Z1

Who says summer is a slow release schedule? That represents the last 10 days of May.

The Complete Edition for 50 bucks is a straight up great deal. Had I not already owned the base game, it would be an instabuy. ALL DLC and Expansion for 50 bucks? Yes please.

Knurek

I'm not sure what exactly people didn't like about AssRev, each time I fire up the game there goes another hour lost (to collecting doodads on the map).

Rare may as well be dead and buried (under an avalanche of crappy Kinect titles), but their spirit lives on at 10+ Ubi studios.

masterkajo

I am not good at CS:GO

If you are looking to get the achievements for the playfire rewards. I just did them all offline with bots
because I suck too
. Played a couple of arms race and got nearly all of them. Then some more rounds in standard rounds and voila, free money :)
The hardest was probably Bunny Hunt. You can get it easy in arms race on the jungle map. Just wait for a sniper rifle or shotgun and kill a bot who is jumping down from a platform (apparently you won't get it if he is just jumping. He has to jump down from a height).

Transistor
Wolfenstein
Watch Dogs
Killer is Dead
The Forest
Stomping Ground
H1Z1

It's gonna be a slow summer for me given my machine's age. I need to build a new tower before trying to play games like Wolfenstein, Watch_Dogs, The Forrest et all. I really want to have a new tower by the time Arkham Knight comes out.

http://www.pcgamer.com/uk/2014/05/2...ssues-the-problems-detailed-plus-a-few-fixes/

Wolfenstein's rockin' a lot of the same idTech 5 issues that Rage had, only Wolfenstein is more demanding than Rage going by some of the posts in the PC performance thread.

That they do and they're totally worth buying. I probably eked out about 300 hours from each expansion. I can't imagine going back to Civ V Vanilla.

Also I'm playing through Enemy Within right now. I'm four hours in and still getting teased with things I will be able to build. Meld, the new resource/currency for cybernetic and genetic mods, really changes how you have to play if you want to acquire it all.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I'm not sure what exactly people didn't like about AssRev, each time I fire up the game there goes another hour lost (to collecting doodads on the map).

Rare may as well be dead and buried (under an avalanche of crappy Kinect titles), but their spirit lives on at 10+ Ubi studios.
The base defense is crap but it's easily avoidable. I had no other issues with the game.

Grief.exe

Anyone want a 90% discount code for this Two Worlds 2 spin off game...thingy?
http://store.steampowered.com/app/7530/

I didn't even know that was a thing.

Warning: This title uses 3rd party DRM.

I'll pass.

I didn't know this, but apparently all Two Worlds game use that activation system.

p33pXrk.png

It's gonna be a slow summer for me given my machine's age. I need to build a new tower before trying to play games like Wolfenstein, Watch_Dogs, The Forrest et all. I really want to have a new tower by the time Arkham Knight comes out.

http://www.pcgamer.com/uk/2014/05/2...ssues-the-problems-detailed-plus-a-few-fixes/

Wolfenstein's rockin' a lot of the same idTech 5 issues that Rage had, only Wolfenstein is more demanding than Rage going by some of the posts in the PC performance thread.

I'm planning on going with my 560 ti/2500k set up for a while longer. Still running current-gen games like a champ.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Transistor quicklook did nothing for me, in fact, I turned it off 30mins in out of boredom :/

Guess its going to be another Bastion, a game where for all acounts I should at least like if not love (if only for the style), but for whatever reason I dont care for it at all

Zafir

Transistor quicklook did nothing for me, in fact, I turned it off 30mins in out of boredom :/

Guess its going to be another Bastion, a game where for all acounts I should at least like if not love (if only for the style), but for whatever reason I dont care for it at all
I couldn't get into Bastion, but I'm liking Transistor. Think this time around I'm finding it easier to care about the character's/story.

sprinkles

Just played around 2 hours of Transistor before going to bed now. I love the style, the music. I think i will like the combat more than Bastion's, the combination possibilities seem fun but it is too early to tell.

Is there a problem with Enhanced Steam 5.9.1 and Firefox 29.0.1? I've got ES enabled but it doesn't seem to show the historic low and current low prices on game pages. When I load Steam in Chrome, this information shows up fine.

Both browsers are missing the globe icon near the 'add to cart' button that tells you how much a game currently costs in other regions. This is a great feature so I hope that my browsers are acting up and that it's not gone.

P.S. Major thanks to jshackles for Enhanced Steam.

Anyone who is playing or has completed 99 spirits -- how far in is the boss you have to beat for the $0.50 achievement?

This one:
Woodsman
Vanquish a Great Monster
This achievement is obtained by defeating the boss in Tamagami Shrine. It looks like a red mist and it is blocking one of the two side paths in the map.

The_Monk

Really nice to finally see a release date for Wasteland 2. :)

End of August seems a good time to play this game. Summer will be ending, leafs will soon turn yellow and Autumn will hit. Days will become shorter, wind will start to blow stronger and watching the sunset through the window after a long tiresome day with a nice warm cup of coffee on the side, ready to play Wasteland 2 and post some impressions with my GAFfers. Aah, I can feel it.

...But I know I'm weird because I relate certain games with different seasons and different times of the day, so I'll stop.

On topic, did not see many people in the release date thread, is this a title not wanted by many or perhaps there's just not many people that know about this game? I honestly can't wait for this game.

AHA-Lambda

Anyone know anything about this?

header.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/274310/

Seems really ambitious and cool, but I haven't seen it mentioned on GAF before (might've missed it), but I'm wondering what the buzz is (or if there is any).

Tried it at Rezzed, couldn't get into it, but I doubt it's a game that demos well.

At the same time, the rep I was talking to admitted they weren't happy with the demo submitted either.

sprinkles

Anyone who is playing or has completed 99 spirits -- how far in is the boss you have to beat for the $0.50 achievement?

This one:
Woodsman
Vanquish a Great Monster
This achievement is obtained by defeating the boss in Tamagami Shrine. It looks like a red mist and it is blocking one of the two side paths in the map.
I think the first of the extra bosses is level 30, so you could try it at an own level of 20 if you can equip weapon spirits at that point. But it is quite a few hours into the game, maybe around 7-8?

Baha

This one:
Woodsman
Vanquish a Great Monster

It's a lvl 30 boss you can fight once you fight the Tamagami Shrine but you'll likely be lvl 6 or 7 at that point so you've got some grinding to do before you can take it on.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Is there a problem with Enhanced Steam 5.9.1 and Firefox 29.0.1? I've got ES enabled but it doesn't seem to show the historic low and current low prices on game pages. When I load Steam in Chrome, this information shows up fine.

Both browsers are missing the globe icon near the 'add to cart' button that tells you how much a game currently costs in other regions. This is a great feature so I hope that my browsers are acting up and that it's not gone.

P.S. Major thanks to jshackles for Enhanced Steam.

You'll want to upgrade to 6.0.1 which is available directly from the Enhanced Steam website.

I changed where the extension was hosted so that I could provide updates to Firefox users more quickly, as previously Mozilla would take between 3-5 weeks to approve an update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom