• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least if you havea DS4 thats a non-issue, correct? At least I think you can use the trackpad as mouse I believe.

Not if you use the better version of the drivers, no, there's not.

Slowly going through Transistor. Getting a feel for its combat system but all in all the progression reminds me of FF13...

In that the combat sucks until it opens up?
In that the first 20 hours are just like FFX and it's one straight line from A to B?

jediyoshi

Oh wow, twitch added a feature to be able to sort CSGO streams by map and by skill

l0daNw9.png

Authority

Banned
Wait, what? Weren't the Cybertron games supposed to be a tie-in to Transformers Prime?

Nope.

Statement by Activision

This third-person action adventure video game goes beyond the movie by uniting the universe of director Michael Bay’s Transformers movies with the ever-popular Cybertron universe. Players will choose from over 40 playable characters from the two different universes as they battle to secure the Dark Spark.

Serving as a follow-up to both the upcoming Transformers live-action film and Activision’s Transformers: War for Cybertron and Transformers: Fall of Cybertron titles, Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark jumps worlds and factions as it weaves the tale of the hunt for an ancient relic as powerful as the Matrix of Leadership – the Dark Spark. Players will be able to switch between the heroes of the noble Autobots and the nefarious Decepticons throughout the single-player campaign. Similar to High Moon Studios’ Cybertron entries in the highly regarded series, gameplay features nimble, fast-paced running-and-gunning combat paired with traversal and vehicle action across open battlefields for large-scale, dynamic conflicts.

I need to re-read the stories for Cybertron so I don't get lost and confused when the game comes out.Its all quantum to me.

This guy is a genius.

tumblr_n5x7b9xztm1ql6z7to1_400.gif

tumblr_n5orfsvkAV1s02vreo1_400.gif

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
oh shit inescapable is out? bundle keys available? I reemmeber it looking awesome

MadGear

So i got my new rig this month and I'm still missing a proper racing game. Anything you guys can recommend that is playable with a gamepad? Assetto Corsa looks neat, but I'm reading mixed opinions about the enjoyment of this game with a gamepad. I'm fine with either simulation or arcade, a somewhat active online community would be a big plus however.

Tizoc

Not if you use the better version of the drivers, no, there's not.

In that the combat sucks until it opens up?
In that the first 20 hours are just like FFX and it's one straight line from A to B?

More like it's one straight line from A to B, with nothing to do in the game except battles, battles, battles.

denx

Nope.

Statement by Activision

I need to re-read the stories for Cybertron so I don't get lost and confused when the game comes out.Its all quantum to me.

Ugh, kind of a bummer that they are tying the Cybertron games with the shit-tastic Bay movies. But if the game gets good reviews I'll still play it, so whatever.

In other news, I got into the spanish Wasteland 2 translation project. Already translated a couple of lines. Fun times.

Tellaerin

Ugh, kind of a bummer that they are tying the Cybertron games with the shit-tastic Bay movies. But if the game gets good reviews I'll still play it, so whatever.

Yanno, so long as they remain distinctly separate universes and I'm able to frag some Bayformers as one of the Cybertron universe TF's, I'm totally good with this move. >.>

Authority

Banned

In other news, I got into the spanish Wasteland 2 translation project. Already translated a couple of lines. Fun times.

There is your answer.

Yanno, so long as they remain distinctly separate universes and I'm able to frag some Bayformers as one of the Cybertron universe TF's, I'm totally good with this move. >.>

Bayformers [That gave me tears. Chears for that]

In all seriousness...I was thrown back by that "fuse" as well. We just have to wait and see.

And look at this masterpiece,

Transistor Review

So
beep you all. It deserves a 9 >.>

Caerith

Eh because ETS2 really is Milamber turf and CSD is goddamn Caerith's and his goddamn extremely high combos I hate you I hate you so much Caerith I hope your restaurant burns in some kind of mafia arson, also have I ever mentioned I'm Italian, yeah I am, not a lame guido, I'm the real deal, but it's not a warning! god forbid something happens to your restaurant, it would be a real pity.
I haven't played CSD since 4/22, nice to see I've only dropped to 4th on the leaderboard. You're pretty close!

Hilarious Dark Souls II PVP video I was just sent

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ecS0yKnNLA

Not bad! Did you see the original?

(In my defense, I was catching up on 20 pages and might have skimmed a little.)

Finally decided to update to Win8.1. I'm happy that updating it kinda cleaned my computer up of all the crap. Forgot that when I say it cleaned up all the crap, it cleaned up ALL the crap. In other words all my steam games, all my save data, and Steam itself.

I'm not sure what to feel right now. Anger, sadness, stupidity for not saving my Steam folder before updating, or happiness for the new update.

[insert reaction image here because my reaction image folder was deleted]

Grief.exe

Not bad! Did you see the original?

Does he not have DSFix installed?

I wonder how many people play through the game without knowledge of the fix. I have a friend here who I met recently, he put about 300 hours into Dark Souls before I told him about DSFix.

Finally decided to update to Win8.1. I'm happy that updating it kinda cleaned my computer up of all the crap. Forgot that when I say it cleaned up all the crap, it cleaned up ALL the crap. In other words all my steam games, all my save data, and Steam itself.

I'm not sure what to feel right now. Anger, sadness, stupidity for not saving my Steam folder before updating, or happiness for the new update.

You've never reformatted before?

I'm due, I generally do one every 8 months or so.

Authority

Banned
My AMD 7790 plays Batman: Origins with everything max.

I used to have a graphics card that couldn't even play League of Legends in high settings so yeah...

Anyhow, not digging this over-fed-chicken Wayne look but justice does not discriminate so lets kick some butts.

You've never reformatted before?

I'm due, I generally do one every 8 months or so.

Yes, but I didn't know the update would do it for me. I thought it was just going to add a few things here and there, while it keeps everything intact. Kinda like a regular monthly Windows update.

The only good thing I can say about this, is that I wasn't very far in most of my games. So some of them won't be so hard to replay. While some of them like Fallout New Vegas, I might just leave way in the back of my backlog for now.

Authority

Banned

I did the monumental thing the other day where I removed all my drivers (everything; including keyboard and mouse) and because of that when I rebooted my PC I couldn't log into Windows because my keyboard&mouse were not recognized in the login screen. Hence, format.

Lost my Mass Effect III saved files but to be honest I couldn't get into it. Mass Effect II for me is still the best Mass Effect out of them all.

Sajjaja

My AMD 7790 plays Batman: Origins with everything max.

I used to have a graphics card that couldn't even play League of Legends in high settings so yeah...

Anyhow, not digging this over-fed-chicken Wayne look but justice does not discriminate so lets kick some butts.

My man.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Okay, so I've played a bit of Always Sometimes Monsters. I'm not very far into the game, apparently, since I'm on day 2 of 30, but it's mainly because I've been exploring everything. Here's my rambling impressions so far.

Gameplay wise, there's not a whole lot going on and it's pretty basic. It's mainly walk from one place to another, explore stuff to find items and collectibles, a minigame here and there (generally in the form of little arcade machines strewn around town), and that's really it. It's definitely a game heavily based around story. There's been some choices already, and I may or may not have caused someone to die or get injured because the game wasn't really clear on what happened since I didn't really follow through on that plot line. I really don't want to spoil too much about the plot, but it seems like there's a lot of options to choose from in conversation and by looking around the world. One small example of the latter would be that I found a safe and searched around, finding the combination, and I was presented with the opportunity to steal $50, but at the cost of some indie developers not making a game. It's just a small choice, but I've got no idea how it might affect the rest of the game. There was a short flashback scene that happened when my character slept on a dirty mattress, so it looks like the backstory to the plot will be given out like that. The writing's decent, though if you don't like a lot of cursing and slurs, depending on which character you pick, you might be put off a bit. The soundtrack is pretty decent but might get repetitive after a while. I think it's a bit too early on to really tell if any of the choices I've made mattered, so here's an example of one of the stores in the game's city.

LFwCXif.png

BY2K

Membero Americo
Is there a new Steam Guard security feature? It's asking me to download a steamguard.exe to log in from my browser, what is that?

Avinexus

Is there a new Steam Guard security feature? It's asking me to download a steamguard.exe to log in from my browser, what is that?

There is a Steam Guard, but I've never had to download anything. It just sends a code to your email that you have to enter before you can login. I wouldn't download it.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Not that anyone is really keeping track, but there are now 691 games on Steam that have trading cards.
I have 425 of them.

People love these trading cards.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
One of the reasons I never used the browser store (no offense Shack)

BY2K

Membero Americo
I think he got in contact with me through TF2 Trading Post. He kept asking me to add someone that wanted to trade with me but that person was never able to add me himself. Gave me a link to the steam profile and when I tried to add that person, steam guard popped-up.

Btw, Stumpokapow, not funny.

I think he got in contact with me through TF2 Outpost. He kept asking me to add someone that wanted to trade with me but that person was never able to add me himself. Gave me a link to the steam profile and when I tried to add that person, steam guard popped-up.

That is the most common scamming tactic I know of, guys friend can't add you, because of error, sends phishing link steann.connmunity.com or something like that, has you sign in, steals password. Check the URL and see if it's misspelled.

I did the monumental thing the other day where I removed all my drivers (everything; including keyboard and mouse) and because of that when I rebooted my PC I couldn't log into Windows because my keyboard&mouse were not recognized in the login screen. Hence, format.

Lost my Mass Effect III saved files but to be honest I couldn't get into it. Mass Effect II for me is still the best Mass Effect out of them all.

I started with Mass Effect 3, and just started playing Mass Effect 2. I think I'm pretty far into the game (
I just got some test subject from a pod on my team
). So far I'm enjoying it a lot more then Mass Effect 3. In both story and gameplay. I don't think I enjoyed Mass Effect 3's story all that much, because I didn't know any of the characters. The game was acting like every character was known, and didn't need to be introduced. So I was just riding along with the story in that game.

In 2 they're introducing a lot of the cast of 3, so I'm starting to understand it a lot more. The gameplay of both Mass Effect's are pretty similar, but I just like the enemies in ME2 better. ME3 had a lot of annoying enemies, that were especially annoying on harder difficulties.

So I think the same as well.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I think he got in contact with me through TF2 Trading Post. He kept asking me to add someone that wanted to trade with me but that person was never able to add me himself. Gave me a link to the steam profile and when I tried to add that person, steam guard popped-up.

Sorry, I've just been go through a lot lately. My father, the King of Nigeria, is face a rebellion and we are having no good is time getting money out of the country. If you willing to advance me $3500 HUNDRED DOLLARS USD via Yes Western Unions, I will be able to transfer out sum of princely money total of $14 IS MILLION NIGERIA. Of this, I give you $1 MILLION USD.

Cordially yours,
Emmanuel "Harold" Akonawe, Esq. II

mannerbot

You deserve to be laughed at if you were gullible enough to type your login info to that site.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Sorry, I've just been go through a lot lately. My father, the King of Nigeria, is face a rebellion and we are having no good is time getting money out of the country. If you willing to advance me $3500 HUNDRED DOLLARS USD via Yes Western Unions, I will be able to transfer out sum of princely money total of $14 IS MILLION NIGERIA. Of this, I give you $1 MILLION USD.

Cordially yours,
Emmanuel "Harold" Akonawe, Esq. II

I'm not THAT gullible, I assure you.

You deserve to be laughed at if you were gullible enough to type your login info to that site.

Everything looked legit (link correctly spelled) until that one security feature I never heard of popped-up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom