• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not THAT gullible, I assure you.

Everything looked legit (link correctly spelled) until that one security feature I never heard of popped-up.

If they can't contact you normally, and you need to go to some other website or add them or their friend; they aren't worth your time. The hassle you will have to endure if it is a scam negates any benefit you could gain from the trade being legitimate.

I think he got in contact with me through TF2 Trading Post. He kept asking me to add someone that wanted to trade with me but that person was never able to add me himself. Gave me a link to the steam profile and when I tried to add that person, steam guard popped-up.

Btw, Stumpokapow, not funny.

Everything looked legit (link correctly spelled) until that one security feature I never heard of popped-up.

Yeah that happens a lot and I'm certain the link was not correctly spelled.
Usually one letter replaced to make it look like the real link, like "steamcomrnunity" or shit.
Always check the link, I even do that for new bundle sites that want me to login on Steam, and ignore everyone asking you to add a guy who couldn't add you.

Blizzard

Banned
Starting in the last week or two, I've been getting to experience the wonders of modern-day internet digital experiences. :( I'm on my third cable modem (it was replaced twice, then one cable guy looked at the connection, then a second one showed up, and they both dug around, and eventually removed a splitter in the wall, and concluded things were better).

It was working fine for a while, but now quite often if I open a page or two of the screenshots thread, or open Steam which promptly starts downloading game updates at 1 MB/second (8Mbps), my internet completely dies. Eventually, the cable modem light goes off, then blinks slowly, then blinks rapidly, then comes back and I can ipconfig /flushdns to recover.

If anyone has any clues what this might be besides cable line/modem problems I'd love to hear them.

Authority

Banned
I started with Mass Effect 3, and just started playing Mass Effect 2. I think I'm pretty far into the game (
I just got some test subject from a pod on my team
). So far I'm enjoying it a lot more then Mass Effect 3. In both story and gameplay. I don't think I enjoyed Mass Effect 3's story all that much, because I didn't know any of the characters. The game was acting like every character was known, and didn't need to be introduced. So I was just riding along with the story in that game.

In 2 they're introducing a lot of the cast of 3, so I'm starting to understand it a lot more. The gameplay of both Mass Effect's are pretty similar, but I just like the enemies in ME2 better. ME3 had a lot of annoying enemies, that were especially annoying on harder difficulties.

So I think the same as well.

That is awesome that it was your first Mass Effect in that case and hope it ME2 will please you till the end. I just couldn't connect with the story to the point where I didn't give a fuck and I thought "Hold on a minute, that is strange". With ME2 I had this rush/urgency/mybloodwasboiling type of thing; I had to see through it all. I think what I was missing was the climax. I wanted more epicness, more "Oh fuck me" moments.

Can't put it into words. Won't spoil it for you but ME2's ending is phenomenal.

Anyhow, when I read this it brought me to tears because it seemed such a standard first-post in NeoGaf

K8483mB.png

Interesting enough and from what I saw, Wii U had the least bugs in comparison with PS3 and Xbox 360.

I think

Dryk

I've played the first 2 Mass Effects, relatively soon after one another and while I really enjoyed the second one I couldn't really get over how jarring some of the changes were. Abilities were nerfed to shit, guns were nerfed to shit, exploration was nerfed to shit, you can see the cracks where thermal clips were hastily jammed into the lore and the paragon/renegade system changed from goodie two-shoes/arsehole to passive aggressive arsehole/blatant arsehole in a lot of places.

The fact that scammers are having to resort to getting you to upload your authentification files is a good sign that Steam Guard is working as intended.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Well at least I'll leave my mark on GAF with that thread title. :/

There's worse ways to leave your mark on Gaf than that, at least.

I wasn't aware of that kind of phishing scam so I'm thankful that BY2K shared.

There's a somewhat similar scam linked to in the OP. Not exactly the same, but similar, especially in regards to someone asking you to add someone else thats wants to trade with you.

Eusis

What about it?
Well, you certainly can get passionate about review scores at the least.
Interesting enough and from what I saw, Wii U had the least bugs in comparison with PS3 and Xbox 360.
Well, Arkham Knight's skipping PS3 and 360 too, so unless the extra 512 MB of available RAM is just enough to squeeze in the Batmobile it really wouldn't be able to handle it as they're cutting those two off explicitly to not be held back. One of the few major upcoming games that's willing to not be cross gen, fortunately.

That is awesome that it was your first Mass Effect in that case and hope it ME2 will please you till the end. I just couldn't connect with the story to the point where I didn't give a fuck and I thought "Hold on a minute, that is strange". With ME2 I had this rush/urgency/mybloodwasboiling type of thing; I had to see through it all. I think what I was missing was the climax. I wanted more epicness, more "Oh fuck me" moments.

Anyhow, when I read this it brought me to tears because it seemed such a standard first-post in NeoGaf

K8483mB.png

I think

Hahah. Because WiiU would've been enough of a reply, I think.

And you're not serious about ME2's ending are you?
The final sections and the ending are some of the biggest disappointments I've ever experienced in gaming.

Authority

Banned
Well, you certainly can get passionate about review scores at the least.

Well, Arkham Knight's skipping PS3 and 360 too, so unless the extra 512 MB of available RAM is just enough to squeeze in the Batmobile it really wouldn't be able to handle it as they're cutting those two off explicitly to not be held back. One of the few major upcoming games that's willing to not be cross gen, fortunately.

That is huge then. I didn't know that. We don't have many games right now that are not cross gen do we?

And by the way who the hell is this?

tumblr_n5xj2hK74w1s1o4ako4_250.gif

tumblr_n5xj2hK74w1s1o4ako1_250.gif

tumblr_n5xj2hK74w1s1o4ako2_250.gif

tumblr_n5xj2hK74w1s1o4ako3_250.gif

Day-1 background.

OrgasmInc.
tumblr_n21s50qEz11qbcuruo1_1280.jpg

I'm so close to this last playfire reward for 99 spirits... I just need to grind out some gem points to upgrade the 4th and 5th gems and buy a few attack up items, I think.

Bastion's a lot better from how I remembered. I think it's because I finally got to the part where you can use idols to make the game more challenging.

Authority

Banned
It's a new character made especially for the game called the Arkham Knight.

Is it totally new? I mean no connection to any Badman (them typos) comics?

Edit,

The game introduces the villain Arkham Knight, a character created specifically for the game by Rocksteady, DC Comics CCO and comic-book writer Geoff Johns, and DC co-publisher and comic artist Jim Lee.[2][14][15] The Arkham Knight is described as a militarized version of Batman, with the "A" logo of the Arkham Asylum facility worn as an emblem on his chest.[9]

Pachimari

So how so I use my iPhone as a mouse and keyboard for my PC? Any app I need to download?

That would make it much easier to browse on the couch.

Grief.exe

Sorry, I've just been go through a lot lately. My father, the King of Nigeria, is face a rebellion and we are having no good is time getting money out of the country. If you willing to advance me $3500 HUNDRED DOLLARS USD via Yes Western Unions, I will be able to transfer out sum of princely money total of $14 IS MILLION NIGERIA. Of this, I give you $1 MILLION USD.

Cordially yours,
Emmanuel "Harold" Akonawe, Esq. II

iF6PqbgFWmW12.gif

They had some really cool ideas for where to take the Mass Effect plot after the first thing. Unfortunately they scrapped all of those and we ended up with ME2.

I was incredibly disappointed when I realized what they chose for an ending.

I was all disappointed in how much streamlining took place. Skyrim levels of dumbing down, did they really need to remove every RPG mechanic?

denx

Hahah. Because WiiU would've been enough of a reply, I think.

And you're not serious about ME2's ending are you?
The final sections and the ending are some of the biggest disappointments I've ever experienced in gaming.

Why would he not be serious? When people makes threads about best final levels ever, the Suicide Mission usually comes up. It's a pretty popular final level (and with good reason imo).

Grief.exe

What else were they going to do? Put work in to improve them?

Basically what you can boil it down to.

There were legitimate complaints about the inventory and level-up UI being too convoluted. Rather than taking that criticism and improving the game, they just removed those elements all together.

Mass Effect 2 went on to win the GAF GOTY for that year. New Vegas got the #13 spot by the way.

DocSeuss

What else were they going to do? Put work in to improve them?

This is Bioware we're talking about. Their response to any criticism is to simply remove the object of criticism.

Sadly, it works for them.

EDIT: Dammit grief

Not that anyone is really keeping track, but there are now 691 games on Steam that have trading cards.
I have 425 of them.

People love these trading cards.

Not only have I been keeping track, but I also track the formula for total cards + drops and the amount of time it would take to get badges for all games at optimal drop rates of once every two weeks (gonna change it to five weeks, since that seems to be my current rate). My data's a BIT out of date, so I'm going to have to update it soonish.

There were legitimate complaints about the inventory and level-up UI being too convoluted. Rather than taking that criticism and improving the game, they just removed those elements all together.

Mass Effect 2 went on to win the GAF GOTY for that year. New Vegas got the #13 spot by the way.

I suddenly hate all of NeoGAF for some reason now.

And ME2 beat Super Mario Galaxy 2? Yep. Hate GAF.

This is Bioware we're talking about. Their response to any criticism is to simply remove the object of criticism.

Sadly, it works for them.

Pretty much (also see Titanfall for more EA related shenanigans).

Not that ME2 was a bad game of course, in fact it was a very good one. It was just a different genre.

I suddenly hate all of NeoGAF for some reason now.

And ME2 beat Super Mario Galaxy 2? Yep. Hate GAF.

Why would he not be serious? When people makes threads about best final levels ever, the Suicide Mission usually comes up. It's a pretty popular final level (and with good reason imo).

I just don't know how anyone could like that ending and the suicide mission at all. It's all pointless. You have to actively TRY to get people killed from my experience. And in the very end of everything, after you destroy
The terminator baby thing you pretty much are back at square one. It's like one of those kids cartoons where a villian shows up, the team foils the villains plan, and nothing really advances the overarching story. Furthermore, none of the "choices" you make in ME1 have any real effect on ME2 and none of the choices in ME2 really have much of an effect on ME3. Bioware did the choices better with DA:O, that's for sure.

They had some really cool ideas for where to take the Mass Effect plot after the first thing. Unfortunately they scrapped all of those and we ended up with ME2.
Mass Effect was never plotted out and Drew Karphysn's dark energy ending was even dumber than the one we got.

I was all disappointed in how much streamlining took place. Skyrim levels of dumbing down, did they really need to remove every RPG mechanic?
They didn't remove everything, just the stuff that didn't make sense (all the gun handling/redundant skills and the terrible inventory). That said, Bioware got hobbled by H1N1 kicking their staff's ass and probably not understanding some of the nuances of the ME1 criticism.

They didn't remove everything, just the stuff that didn't make sense (all the gun handling/redundant skills and the terrible inventory).

I think the point was all that stuff made sense, it was just poorly implemented. Removing it and replacing it with left clicking more wasn't my ideal solution.

Spent my Playfire rewards on Starbound (ending up paying just £1.50) and been playing it this evening.

It's a bit tough to get into at first but i'm getting into the swing of it now.

It would be unfair to compare it to Terraria when i've only played 4 hours but i love the sci-fi edge to it, but i miss Terraria's quirky side.

denx

I just don't know how anyone could like that ending and the suicide mission at all. It's all pointless. You have to actively TRY to get people killed from my experience. And in the very end of everything, after you destroy
The terminator baby thing you pretty much are back at square one. It's like one of those kids cartoons where a villian shows up, the team foils the villains plan, and nothing really advances the overarching story. Furthermore, none of the "choices" you make in ME1 have any real effect on ME2 and none of the choices in ME2 really have much of an effect on ME3. Bioware did the choices better with DA:O, that's for sure.

I understand that, ME2 was a pretty self-contained story so I get why people may not like it in the grand scheme of things, but I like it anyway since it felt like such a satisfactory, well-put together package (compare to ME3 which feels very incomplete without the DLC). About the choices, yeah, a lot of them don't have much of an effect overall, but saying that none of them do is just hyperbole.
Notably, the outcome of the Tuchanka and Rannoch arcs are very dependent on choices you made on ME2, as well as certain teammates surviving to 3.
Not surprisingly, those two arcs are usually considered the best set of missions on the game.

......................................................................................................................................................................

motherfuckers of the highest order

Scythian

Just trying out the Steam streaming thing, it's great since I have a new laptop ^.^

So how does the settings work, like resolution, video, etc.? is it saved on the streaming computer or locally on the recieving pc? I'm kinda confused, and the steam streaming page doesn't seem to have that information D:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom