• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

_hekk05

Banned
Hilarious, I love games with such anti-piracy "measures". Any other you can think of? I think Crysis had the chicken-thing, DSouls2 the screamer...

I think serious sam had one where immortal scorpions would spawn and hunt you. People who want a challenge pirate the game on purpose and play like this to maximise difficulty lol

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
aaaaaaaaaand now I want to torrent alan wake to play with a eye patch :(

of course I own it on Steam, and 360 lol

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Hilarious, I love games with such anti-piracy "measures". Any other you can think of? I think Crysis had the chicken-thing, DSouls2 the screamer...

My favorite was Earthbound for the SNES. If you were playing on a pirated cartridge, or an emulator (at the time, they've now long since all been updated to counteract this) the game would spawn a crazy amount of enemies.

If you happened to make it to the end of the game, the game was designed to freeze on the last boss and erase all of your save files.

Authority

Banned
Metro_redux1.jpg

I was listening to Coldplay - Magic (Official video) while reading about Metro Redux - Announcement Trailer (Summer 2014, Xbox One, PS4, PC) and glimpsing some Metro videos and it felt so good. Apparently the rumor was that they will release it in July.

Vlad

Hah, nice! Your post (unintentionally) shamed me into giving it one more try and the stars aligned and I got the right level at the right time on my first go.

Game complete! However, I'm stuck at like 98%. Is it really counting the item/monster logs? No amount of posts can shame me into grinding the entire game over and over until the final boss drops his log...

Hm, never paid much attention to the "game complete" meter before. My approach is usually more "I'm done with the game when I don't feel like playing it any more". I'm still missing several monster logs, and my game shows as 92% complete, so it probably is that last log that's throwing you.

Did you get the hidden achievement? The
Survive in lava for one minute
one?

MUnited83

For you.

Serious Sam 3 had immortal scorpions I believe. Michael Jackson The Experience on the Nintendo DS replaced the music with Vuvuzelas :lol:

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
My favorite was Earthbound for the SNES. If you were playing on a pirated cartridge, or an emulator (at the time, they've now long since all been updated to counteract this) the game would spawn a crazy amount of enemies.

If you happened to make it to the end of the game, the game was designed to freeze on the last boss and erase all of your save files.
The real Mother 2 starts here.

Does Will Arnett voice the game still? I have to pick it up on the cheap if so.

When I played I was sure the voices were the same as the actors. I'm not sure if the jokes were cut from the final film and then used in the game.

For example, Batman's line of 'I work in dark grey and black' that featured in the trailer but never came out in the film is in the game. I don''t want to spoil any of the jokes but I was pleasantly surprised.

Is the LEGO Movie game the same affair as the other LEGO games or is there anything to shake it up?

It's the same style as the rest, just with the film characters really. There's a dance minigame and a weird building minigame but they are relatively pointless. The game does stand out due to the narrative/jokes though.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Witcher 2 80% off in case anyone doesnt have it yet

MUnited83

For you.
Is it illegal to "pirate" things you own? Its sort of like instaling from steam.

Depends on your country's laws I guess. Most allow you to keep backups, which would make pirating it sorta legal. In my country pirating is actually not illegal at all, provided that you don't profit/use the pirated copies comercially. It's legal do pirate for personal uses but it's illegal to say, burn something to a dvd and sell it.

Rhaknar

what the flying fuck is Warhammer 40k Kill Team (just released)?

Im weak to everything 40k related

Divius

Anyone here who wants to quickly play a game of Risk of Rain co-op, or at least check with me to see if it works?

I tried it with a friend but for some reason we could not get it to work

edit: If yes, hit me up on steam > /id/Divius/

Fox318

i cant wait for it to all be out so that the season gets real cheap. I want to play it all but, after buying the first season of the walking dead at $20 and then having to wait for each episode to come out, meh, i can't deal with waiting for episodes to come out anymore. Rather play it all over a weekend instead.

That's my rule as well.

donny2112

Great Amazon sale going on. Wanted AVP, and the bundle deal (Don't Die) was too good to pass up. Thief is from the "Free Thief" promotion that ended earlier this month, I think. Good luck! :)

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Thief Gold -- MB-4AAB201C8D691952
Condemned: Criminal Origins -- MB-8F1F5CF0E0895E3D - Taken by didamangi. 17 entrants total.
The Typing of the Dead: Overkill -- MB-5598BF7458619D45 - Taken by Ruruja. 33 entrants total.
Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine -- MB-B22C42B2A8108AFB - Taken by schroddycat. 17 entrants total.
Binary Domain -- MB-1308369057767E4B - Taken by thesaucetastic. 7 entrants total.

t1400863596z1.png

Dr Dogg

Witcher 2 80% off in case anyone doesnt have it yet

Yeah just noticed. Seems to be available on Linux/SteamOS now. Be interesting to see how that performs actually.

Ugh. Killer is Dead preload keeps redownloading the last gig after it finishes.

Yeah it started doing that for me this afternoon but was fine the other day. Hoping I can catch it before it starts redownloading again to turn off updates or it's going on pause until Friday.

Tizoc

Great Amazon sale going on. Wanted AVP, and the bundle deal (Don't Die) was too good to pass up. Thief is from the "Free Thief" promotion that ended earlier this month, I think. Good luck! :)

I have most of these games, but this is a kickass giveaway.

Ezalc

There's no way to transfer amazon coins into credit for the store or do some kind of trade right? I have 20 dollars worth of credit but would much rather spend that on the games Enemy Within and the Burnout Paradise dlc.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
There's no way to transfer amazon coins into credit for the store or do some kind of trade right? I have 20 dollars worth of credit but would much rather spend that on the games Enemy Within and the Burnout Paradise dlc.

Nope, unfortunately not since Amazon Coins are non-transferable.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
So I suppose some of you have seen this amazon digital deal sale thing: http://www.amazon.com/b/?_encoding=...959011&tag=sec2002-20&linkId=NZNH2TR6XTWJJLZZ

I've been looking for something like the Metro pack (both games + DLC). It's coming for $12.50. Is that a good price? Anyone see a better one anywhere?

Are those games even good?

Both games are great.Metro Redux is coming out this summer though. It includes all games+ all DLC and has an updated engine and additional modes. It will cost more but it's definitely worth it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom