• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know anything about this game?

header.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/259320

It got bad reviews from Steam users, but it's giving me a real Tiger Heli vibe and I'm wondering if it might be fun. Anyone know?

Also, there's no controller support icon, but the description lists this: "Support for nearly all pads and joysticks"

Any way to find out if this (and other games) would work with an Xbox 360 wired controller? As discussed earlier in this thread, a lot of games lack a controller support icon but do still in fact work with controllers.

Uzzy

The second one has Triss nude, so it's objectively better

Discovering that the Witcher 2 extras has the Triss Merigold Playboy shoot was really quite a delight.

Anyway, Witcher 1 is great. Just wish I could figure out how to force v-sync on it.

Dolor

GAF, should I get Witcher 2? I heard awesome things about it, but according to my other sources the fighting system is... extremly difficult.

Get it. I'm no game master, and playing it on normal wasn't very hard.

Best fantasy story/universe of any game out there IMO.

aku:jiki

Any way to find out if this (and other games) would work with an Xbox 360 wired controller? As discussed earlier in this thread, a lot of games lack a controller support icon but do still in fact work with controllers.
It works with a 360 pad but it's one of the bottom 10 worst games I own on Steam. It's unplayable garbage.

A half hour till the best humble bundle ever, right guys?

Right?
ppl-laughiing_zpsa4ea93ff.jpg

Seriously though, the first Daily Bundle was great (but I already had it), the Indie Re-Bundle was okay, the $1 tier for the Worms bundle was a nice value for decent (but not incredible) games, and Race the Sun was definitely worth $1 (and a whole lot more than that - it's fantastic!).

It works with a 360 pad but it's one of the bottom 10 worst games I own on Steam. It's unplayable garbage.
Thanks for the quick response. What makes it so bad? Can you elaborate a bit just so I get a better sense of what the game is like? (I'm definitely going to avoid it at this point, but I'm curious.)

Volimar

ppl-laughiing_zpsa4ea93ff.jpg

Seriously though, the first Daily Bundle was great (but I already had it), the Indie Re-Bundle was okay, the $1 tier for the Worms bundle was a nice value for decent (but not incredible) games, and Race the Sun was definitely worth $1 (and a whole lot more than that - it's fantastic!).

ElQmePT.gif

Tizoc

CAPCOM HUMBLE BUNDLE!
XSEED/YS HUMBLE BUNDLE!
CALL OF DUTY HUMBLE BUNDLE!
UBISOFT HUMBLE BUNDLE!

I am freakin' hungry and no I won't post food pics.

Jag

Which humble bundle is gonna be worse? The daily or the weekly? I say the daily

My kid is going to love the Sim Masters Bundle on Bundlestars.

Construction Machines 2014
Demolition Master 3D
Recovery Search & Rescue Simulation
Mining & Tunneling Simulator
Bridge Constructor
Eurofighter Typhoon
Xpand Rally

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Dawn of War 50% off lol. its been 75% off 486 thousand times before

kurahador

GAF, should I get Witcher 2? I heard awesome things about it, but according to my other sources the fighting system is... extremly difficult.

The combat is difficult early on. It gets easier once you unlocked more skills----Dodge Roll in particular.

Uzzy

What?? Where?

There's a small update for all WH40K Dawn Of War games all of a sudden.

Go into Library/Tools and you'll find The Witcher 2: Bonus Content. It's got the game manual, some soundtracks, the modding tools and the playboy shoot. If you just want the pics, google is your friend. (I'd link you, but it's obviously NSFW and I'm not sure if I'm allowed)

Tizoc

I just found a dirty combination in Transistor. I'm breezing through NG+ with 10 limiters on.

How long did it take you to beat the game? The limiters concept is interesting but took me a while to figure out that they're intended to give you a challenge/make the game harder lol.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Arcade Craft on steam. yay for more XBLA ports. this looked cool in the quicklook months ago

wheres mah Shadow Complex

Considering I was only expecting a okish game I'm shocked by how much fun I'm having. Really sucks for folks having issues though

id Tech fun times. People had them with Brink and Rage before as well because of OpenGL and AMD's drivers. I was able to run both without issue and the same seems to be true of Wolfenstein. I was worried about the i7 and RAM minimum requirements (I seriously need an upgrade) but it's run flawlessly so far, id Tech 5's megatexture quirks aside.

It's just soooo damned fun. New Order is a ridiculously enjoyable run and gun shooter. It's totally not the game I was expecting given the era that we're in.

This is my raffle. This is my gun. This is for fighting. This is for fun.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Afterfall Insanity Extended Edition -- MB-455735A42116B489 - Taken by PLASTICA-MAN. 7 entrants total.

t1400791193z1.png

kurahador

Go into Library/Tools and you'll find The Witcher 2: Bonus Content. It's got the game manual, some soundtracks, the modding tools and the playboy shoot. If you just want the pics, google is your friend. (I'd link you, but it's obviously NSFW and I'm not sure if I'm allowed)

Whoa....thanks. That'll teach me to check tools tab.

aku:jiki

Installed Teslagrad expecting to be disappointed but it's actually pretty charming. The hand-drawn animation is great; I especially loved the raining in the intro.

My only complaint so far is the map - is there really no way to scroll around or zoom out? What use is a map that just shows you the closest two rooms?

Thanks for the quick response. What makes it so bad? Can you elaborate a bit just so I get a better sense of what the game is like? (I'm definitely going to avoid it at this point, but I'm curious.)
Honestly, every aspect of the game is just terrible. It looks like it's from 1998, the controls are extremely rigid and unfluid, enemy and wave design is pretty much the definition of uninteresting. It's soulless and unfinished; some kind of lazy cashgrab, or perhaps someone's first GameMaker game.

Grief.exe

How long did it take you to beat the game? The limiters concept is interesting but took me a while to figure out that they're intended to give you a challenge/make the game harder lol.

Transistor took me about 7-8 hours. I found all the terminals and beat all of the challenges.

I only started experimenting with limiters in NG+

Tizoc

Transistor took me about 7-8 hours. I found all the terminals and beat all of the challenges.

I only started experimenting with limiters in NG+

I won't bother with challenges tbh, but I will aim to unlock as much as a I can. Thanks for the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom