• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I post in whatever thread I want because I don't have the desire to be a dick about every disagreement like some :p
not you

I don't necessarily try to be a dick... I just speak my mind. Sometimes, apparently, people have problems with my opinions. :p

Does this count as -1 to my backlog or do I have to complete NG+ too?

Technically it's -1. NG+ is only if you want to see the other ending without YouTube, enjoy the game, or want to get all the achievements.

It also benefits immensely from UPlay.
Said no one ever.

Completely agreed on all fronts. I played the 360 demo, which only has one level, and it lasted what felt like an hour. Enormous, endless, mostly repetitive and samey level segments. Ugh. I think their target audience was the kind of person that plays Bubsy 3D's first level ten thousand times or something.

This sounds remarkably like my summary of Rogue Legacy. I liked the game and recommend it, but every time I post about it it's to point out that I think the game is mostly a shallow low-skill grind masquerading as a skillful, deep game.

(1) Truth. Even if I accept that Ubi games currently require Uplay through Steam, that doesn't mean that Uplay is actually beneficial. :)

(2) Yeah, I think I had pretty much the same opinion about Blade Kitten via the 360 demo. That said, I'd probably grab it for cheap before it had the ability to disappear again. :lol

(3) I don't agree that Rogue Legacy is a low-skill grind. I'm a decent gamer and being potentially overleveled I had some serious problems with the final boss. Once I got to NG+, everything was so ridiculously difficult that I just dropped the game and gave up the idea of finishing the rest of the achievements (at least for now).

SpCbHBI.jpg

Very apropos.

Thanks corrosivefrost for Sweezy Gunner! Looks like a lot of fun!

It's actually not a bad little game. I played a good chunk for the playfire rewards and plan to finish it someday (whenever I get around to going back). I didn't like that it used a mouse/keyboard with no gamepad support, so I made a PGP profile so I could use a gamepad.... however, this didn't fix everything as the game doesn't have full screen options and you can't really use PGP to turn the game into a twin stick shooter entirely. If I could, I'd be even more positive about it... but when I occasionally lost track of the aiming cursor and it goes out of bounds and I fire and the game loses focus, that's aggravating. :\

Dr Dogg

Seeing the Risen Collection is on sale on Amazon.com right now is any of the DLC for Risen 2 worth a look in?

It also benefits immensely from UPlay.

Said no one ever.

I'm sure there was maybe one person who was super stoked that they could unlock an exclusive Ghost Recon desktop wallpaper with their accumulated Uplay points. That would seem like an odd bonus in the late '90's let alone in this day and age.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
new bundlestars later

BundleStars ‏@BundleStars 33m

With The Conquest Bundle ending later today, we should probably launch a new bundle to replace it - what do you think?

HoosTrax

Man, I hate ditching a game at the very end of it, but I can't deal with the last shitty achievement in Risk of Rain. Got all the characters, did all their challenges, got almost the entire item log (I've killed like 8 billion magma wurms and never once seen its unique drop!) and unlocked all the artifacts. Doing the all artifact run to unlock the final one was a good bit of last challenge.

Really hate closing the book with a chapter left in it, but the last one is "drown 20 whorls". Play over and over until I not only get the underwater level, but get there with an adequate level of power but not too much so I can knock them back without killing them, get lucky in that it has active spawns AND that I don't get there too late so the Whorls don't spawn anymore. I mean, at that point, why not just put a slot machine on the main menu and have me pull that for five straight hours? It'd save me time at least.

Oh well, great game even if I wasn't enamored with every aspect of it and found parts of it disappointing. Well worth the 30 hour completion! Now I want to buy Nuclear Throne...
This is the one and only achievement I haven't done in Risk of Rain as well. Not a fan of of achievements that make you go out of your way to do stupid shit that's reliant on luck on as well.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
It just occurred to me that in less than 4 hours we're going to be twice as flabbergasted by both the new astounding Humble Daily Bundle and the new overwhelmingly cool Humble Weekly Bundle!

Yours truly,
The Humble Shill

humbleshill.jpg

I'm deeply sorry, but today in the office everything is boring as shit. :(

AfhU6sZ.gif

I look forward to this being a thing

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Concerning Wolfenstein TNO Uncut:

Are you kidding me Bethesda? Now they have added Switzerland to the "ReleaseStateOverrideCountries" list but Austria is still missing from that list! That means Wolfenstein TNO uncut is still in "preloadonly" state in Austria although it would be perfectly legal to release it here.

Well there goes my hopes that Wolfenstein TNO uncut will be officially released in Austria. Now that they have added Switzerland to the list of countries where the game is released, I highly doubt they'll edit it again to include Austria too.

I'd wait for the game to release in Japan before losing all hope. Of course, you're looking at a waiting period of almost two weeks:

Available: 4 June 2014

This game will unlock in approximately 1 week, 6 days and 1 hour

The releasestateoverride flag can be added to subs, meaning what Bethesda could do is change the app's general release state but restrict the JP-specific sub, however I'd say you'll be waiting the full 1 week, 6 days and 15 minutes.

It just occurred to me that in less than 4 hours we're going to be twice as flabbergasted by both the new astounding Humble Daily Bundle and the new overwhelmingly cool Humble Weekly Bundle!

Yours truly,
The Humble Shill

humbleshill.jpg

I'm deeply sorry, but today in the office everything is boring as shit. :(

Thanks for the update Copon, I will message Humble and tell them to give you a raise.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Seeing the Risen Collection is on sale on Amazon.com right now is any of the DLC for Risen 2 worth a look in?

If you liked Risen 2, I definitely recommend the two content DLCs. They add a neat little new island each that gives the same exploration gratifcation as the main game.

JaseC

Hopefully this means the Steam update comes soon and we can get news on what's happening with the other Capcom GFWL games.

It's amusing that the patch hasn't even hit yet the keys have been whitelisted. How in the world did WB manage to screw up Batman so badly? If memory serves, the key redemption issues were never fully resolved and WB reps just began telling people to receive a key via WB Support.

Lunaniem

It's amusing that the patch hasn't even hit yet the keys have been whitelisted. How in the world did WB manage to screw up Batman so badly? If memory serves, the key redemption issues were never fully resolved and WB reps just began telling people to receive a key via WB Support.

You would think Capcom should be screwing up more than WB. :c

Turfster

new bundlestars later

BundleStars ‏@BundleStars 33m

With The Conquest Bundle ending later today, we should probably launch a new bundle to replace it - what do you think?

New Bundlestars Sims Masters bundle:
Price: 3$
  • Construction Machines 2014
  • Demolition Master 3D
  • Recovery Search & Rescue Simulation
  • Mining & Tunneling Simulator
  • Bridge Constructor
  • Eurofighter Typhoon
  • Xpand Rally

MUnited83

For you.
New Bundlestars Sims Masters bundle:
Price: 3$
  • Construction Machines 2014
  • Demolition Master 3D
  • Recovery Search & Rescue Simulation
  • Mining & Tunneling Simulator
  • Bridge Constructor
  • Eurofighter Typhoon
  • Xpand Rally

Fuck yes, had Recovery Search on my wishlist for quite a bit. I thought it would end up on a BundleStars bundle eventually. Glad it did :D

louiedog

There's a new VODO Bundle. This one is Really Creepy.

Among some music, short film, and books there are games.

$1
Oknytt
Finding Teddy

BTA
The Path
Sang Froid: Tales of Werewolves

JaseC

Spares Simulator:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Recovery Search & Rescue Simulation -- MB-8398CC75BA33E17C - Taken by Saty
Xpand Rally -- MB-C4B5E1E45E810705 - Taken by NotSelf
Bridge Constructor -- MB-91F36CE9E0ACC7FB - Taken by Atraveller
Eurofighter Typhoon -- MB-0F2E82067CBDB923 - Taken by NingenJanai

Copons

oh my god.

This is awesome

Kinda interesting how you'll need a Recovery Search & Rescue Sim to fix all the clumsy Mining & Tunneling you did earlier, especially if you were digging under a really old scaffolding operated by Bridge Constructors, tore down by Demolition Masters.
I've yet to figure out how to put in aircrafts, rally cars and construction machines, but I guess those could fit together in an entirely separate ip.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Bridge Constructor -- MB-485136C5AA27EF71 - Taken by RS4-

Of course they're releasing an updated version of Metro 2033 once I finally caved in and started playing the game. See, this is why I don't play Metro games, they always do this shit.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
spare

ModBot said:
Instructions for Rhaknar:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Bridge Constructor -- MB-ED27DC2C860536EF - Taken by Ezalc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom