• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

Too much? updated versions with all the dlc included? souns good to me, betrr than the 12.5$ bundle of the old ones@amazon

I don't think paying $14 for an engine change in one game and a slight graphical update in the other (considering I own everything) is a great deal. Other devs have done similar things for free.

I'll wait for the final product to see what it really is, but this is not a "remake" to buy again considering the original game came out 4 years ago. I dont know, feels weird to me. Opinions.

edit: I agree that it's a good deal for those who dont own the games, just don't make me pay for them again if I already do

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Looks like Planetary Annihilation got a huge SP update. Now it's the right time to buy it

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
It's not much fun honestly. It's passable but...yknow.

Yeah. I 100%'d Warhammer Kill Team and my basic impressions were:
Just played through Warhammer 40,000 Kill Team. It's a Gauntlet-style arcadey hack and slash meets twin stick shooter. It's an OK way to pass time. That's about all I can say about it. Nothing about is is really bad (although the checkpointing system is kind of crummy) but there's also not really anything great. Level designers are pretty much long straight slogs, there's only five levels, all five are way too long, there's only really one cool or original fight, not much really happens, weapons don't really feel all that great, not a ton of enemy variety. I mean, again, I don't regret killing time, but if I had something else to play on XBLA right now I wouldn't have played it.

Side note: The Warhammer franchise is so stupid. I guess I'm never spent time with it before now and I didn't realize how inane it is. Space marines with paladin swords and rocket launchers fighting space orks in a high fantasy setting with a pseudo-religious space emperor. The worst part about this game was the stupid Warhammer universe jargon. You have to go in a teleporter. In the Warhammer universe, Orks call them "teleportas". You're on a Kroozer space ship. The bad guy is called Warboss. Orks with cleavers are called Choppa Boys. Orks with guns are called Shoota Boys. It's just so lame. I have a fairly high tolerance for fantasy cheese, but I guess even I have my limits.

Just so I'm clear, Metro 2033 Redux is a better optimized version of the original game, yes? Running on the more updated Last Light engine?

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
I'm kinda tempted to pick up that Sonic pack on Amazon but I can't find any mention of Racing Transformed redeeming on Steam on the store page. It's like the only game in that pack that doesn't mention Steam. Can anybody confirm this for me?

MUnited83

For you.
I'm kinda tempted to pick up that Sonic pack on Amazon but I can't find any mention of Racing Transformed redeeming on Steam on the store page. It's like the only game in that pack that doesn't mention Steam. Can anybody confirm this for me?
Stamworks, so it will activate on steam.

Interfectum

Usually card begging doesn't work, but as long as they're messing with the game, I'd like Trading Cards please.

Do trading cards even take code changes? Seems like it's at the Steam level so it's just a matter of them tossing up some artwork... right?

Dr Dogg

id Tech fun times. People had them with Brink and Rage before as well because of OpenGL and AMD's drivers. I was able to run both without issue and the same seems to be true of Wolfenstein. I was worried about the i7 and RAM minimum requirements (I seriously need an upgrade) but it's run flawlessly so far, id Tech 5's megatexture quirks aside.

It's just soooo damned fun. New Order is a ridiculously enjoyable run and gun shooter. It's totally not the game I was expecting given the era that we're in.

Touch wood I've had no MegaTexture problems thus far but I do have a shit load of System RAM, VRAM and disc space to cache them all in.

Well I'm in a quandary as I want to get it done asap so I can finish up KiD and get ready for Watch_Dogs but I'm having waaay too much fun. Taking my time to some extent and only on Chapter 5. Getting an Auto Shotgun in Chapter 4 was fun but then getting 2 and dual wielding them was just insane. Sliding around amongst a shower of blood and gibbs!!!

I feel like i need an idiot's guide to tf2 trading. I get it, you buy tf2 keys and then find a game you want being offered by someone and then you make a trade but, like, where would i find the trade offers? I'm on tf2outpost and im having a hell of a time figuring this out. looking to get metro redux

Tesseract

Banned
i declare this the official soundtrack for all who attempt to 100% teleglitch.

-66% OFF STEAM SALE

btw, a new patch is out:

The developers have been working hard to bring you the latest patch for Teleglitch: Die More Edition.

Patch notes:

Arena Mode:
The Arena mode is an entirely new game feature developed for this patch. There are a total of 36 arenas divided into four chapters. Each chapter can be unlocked by completing the normal campaign (chapter 1 accessible by default).

In the arenas, the player will face hordes of enemies in a randomized level layout. To aid the player, each arena chapter has six different predetermined weapon sets with varying strengths and weaknesses. Each arena have one of the following three objectives: kill all enemy waves, survive a certain amount of time, or kill a specific enemy type.

The arenas will be an excellent training ground for new players and additional content for the few players who have already completed the normal campaign.

Enhanced menu:
The menu system has been improved both in looks and usability.

New achievements:
For the achievers, four new Steam achievements will be available, tied to each of the Arena chapters.

Additional updates:
*Balance changes on later levels in the original campaign (more starting items)
*Bug fixes

Please visit our forums and give feedback!
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?808-Teleglitch-Die-More-Edition

Dolor

Do trading cards even take code changes? Seems like it's at the Steam level so it's just a matter of them tossing up some artwork... right?

I don't know, but I usually assume that they make these decisions based on staffing. If no one is staffed to work on an old game, nothing - even obvious stuff - gets done. It seems to me that some of the more popular old games would make a pretty quick buck by just adding cards, but they don't because they've been abandoned from a development standpoint. Just a theory.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
I feel like i need an idiot's guide to tf2 trading. I get it, you buy tf2 keys and then find a game you want being offered by someone and then you make a trade but, like, where would i find the trade offers? I'm on tf2outpost and im having a hell of a time figuring this out. looking to get metro redux

Click search>select steam inventory from the drop down menu>type the name of the game and press enter> select the icon of the game you're interested in to add it on the top left side of the screen and click the orange search button in the bottom, you will then have a list of all the current offers for the particular game

MUnited83

For you.
Click search>select steam inventory from the drop down menu>type the name of the game and press enter> select the icon of the game you're interested in to add it on the top left side of the screen and click the orange search button in the bottom, you will then have a list of all the current offers for the particular game
This. Though metro redux may not show up at all for now, because it was added recently so the seach api mighr not be up to date yet.

I don't think paying $14 for an engine change in one game and a slight graphical update in the other (considering I own everything) is a great deal. Other devs have done similar things for free.

I'll wait for the final product to see what it really is, but this is not a "remake" to buy again considering the original game came out 4 years ago. I dont know, feels weird to me. Opinions.

edit: I agree that it's a good deal for those who dont own the games, just don't make me pay for them again if I already do

Having not played Metro 2033, that one alone would be worth it to me, I think. I'm not sure about last light, but I might as well get both if I'm getting one. Stupid OCD.

Meanwhile, I'm looking at the bundlestars new bundle and I'm trying to figure out if I care enough about what game is #1600 to buy something descent first or not. :lol

19Kilo

Only game I already had...

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Divinity II: The Developer's Cut -- MB-5663B1499697BB4E - Taken by cardinalmind. 11 entrants total.

t1400794489z1.png

_hekk05

Banned
i declare this the official soundtrack for all who attempt to 100% teleglitch.

-66% OFF STEAM SALE

btw, a new patch is out:

Lawd. Maybe I'll try again, but I've never gotten past lvl 6. Not efficient enough with ammo, and i keep taking damage when I lure the zombies into the teleglitch

Awesome, it finally worked but metro redux isn't showing up.

This. Though metro redux may not show up at all for now, because it was added recently so the seach api mighr not be up to date yet.

ok, so it's not just me being inept. Thanks to the both of you!

Zafir

Two spares, enjoy!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Subject 9 -- MB-510075C2A3336C47 - Taken by Benedict. 8 entrants total.
Divinity II The Developer's Cut -- MB-A34A118B5E3FF269 - Taken by Dusk Golem. 8 entrants total.

t1400784916z1.png

JakeD

i feel bad for people who owned both metros but only recently bought the LL season pass. they should, in theory, get a further discount but that doesn't seem to be the case.

another thing i hate about the "discount for previous owners" thing - is that it goes away when the game is on sale. at least that was the case with deus ex directors cut. as someone who only owns the original metro i think i'll just wait a year (or 6 months) for the whole thing to be 75% off

Pachimari

Okay, time for a deep breath.

I'm once again trying to make my Dual Shock 4 work with my PC. This is what I have done:

- Downloaded and installed the official Xbox 360 controller drivers for 64-bit (Windows 7).
- Plugged in both my Dual Shock 4 with USB and my bluetooth dongle.
- Downloaded the latest XInput Wrapper drivers.
- I have unpacked the file and ran the ScpDriver.exe from the ScpServer\bin folder.
- Clicked the install button.

It shows me this message:

Q1FJ46n.png

The thing is, that my controller don't even turn on (the lightbar at least) while it's plugged in with a USB cable.

Somebody gotta help me out - what am I doing wrong? :(

Salsa

Banner_crossing_bridge.jpg

Where is My Heart? is coming out May 29th on Steam PC and Mac

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfLLuyozDI4

my favorite PSP mini by far, bout time

– New levels, some of which are bonus levels
– Steam achievements (some of which will be hard to crack!)
– All-new UI and new level select interface
– Customizable key settings
– Simple but finely tuned modifications to graphics and audio

yissss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom