• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, every aspect of the game is just terrible. It looks like it's from 1998, the controls are extremely rigid and unfluid, enemy and wave design is pretty much the definition of uninteresting. It's soulless and unfinished; some kind of lazy cashgrab, or perhaps someone's first GameMaker game.
Sounds horrendous. Thanks for saving me money. I guess I probably shouldn't look for too many good retro console experiences on the PC.

Benedict

here's that state of decay blacks mod btw

http://www.nexusmods.com/stateofdecay/mods/86/?

86-5-1399884246.jpg

Is the mod on Steam as well or only at nexus?

Salsa

im probably buying both Metro Redux games but.. I feel like they should be even cheaper? or even a free udpate for those who already own the originals and make money out of it on consoles

I mean, I get 2033 gets even an engine swap (I think?) but what does last light get that makes it worth spending $12 on it again? besides the DLC

Turfster

Humble Triumph & Larian bundle
TIER 1: 1$
  • Age of Wonders
  • Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic
  • Divine Divinity
  • Beyond Divinity
TIER 2: 6$
  • Ageof Wonders II
  • Divinity II: Developer's Cut
TIER 3: 15$
  • Divinity: Dragon Commander

Humble Daily something we didn't even bother naming bundle
TIER 1: 1$
  • Escape Goat 2 & Ironclad Tactics Soundtracks
  • Soulcaster: Book 1 & 2
TIER 2: 4.07$
  • Incredipede
TIER 3: 6$
  • Escape Goat 2
TIER 4: 10$
  • Ironclad Tactics

Jesus, four tiers already?

DogMeat77

I only wanna play among the sleep like this

8aaf76872437369b7a41ddb0b8f37af2.jpg

Not right now you don't. The Oculus implementation has improved but at this point still bad. The POV height was too high, now too low. The head movement is odd to say the least. I'm sure they will get it fixed but the demo including VR that is up on Steam isn't up to par yet.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
10 bucks for escape goat 2 and ironclad tactics isnt terrible, but its not amazing either.

weekly is meh too. humble is on a roll lately

MUnited83

For you.
im probably buying both Metro Redux games but.. I feel like they should be even cheaper? or even a free udpate for those who already own the originals and make money out of it on consoles

I mean, I get 2033 gets even an engine swap (I think?) but what does last light get that makes it worth spending $12 on it again? besides the DLC
Get it from traders. pretty darn cheap.

I agree completely but apparently some people are calling it an incredible deal in here.

Salsa

yeah, still tho, I wish they had gone the free update route to gain some face with PC players while making a profit on consoles. Metro 2033 needed this, it's not like its a nice extra, now it'll probably be playable how its supposed to. It's them more or less fixing the game and charging for it, even if it took a lot of work.

Vuze

So it seems indiegala doesn't like me lol. Tried to get the free game from them but no mail whatsoever and it doesn't show up in my profile. Somebody else experiencing issues atm?

_hekk05

Banned
I might be up for it. I've never played Ragnarok though.

Awwwww yeahhhhh. For a start, you've gotta choose between RO (renewal) and classic RO (pre-renewal) though

Main difference: Renewal has 3rd jobs, pre-renewal doesn't

Pre-Renewal:
- The way Mother Gravity of the Great South Korean Nation intended RO to be played, all other attempts at RO are dangerously custom and are outright forgeries of the authentic Ragnarok Online experience.
- EXP penalties on nearly every monster, in the sense that 95% of monsters in the game are completely worthless XP-wise (opportunity costs).
- Most monsters you actually want to farm are things you kill in one-shot: powerful mobs rarely have what you really want.
- MVPs are brokenly, stupidly powerful because Gravity decided challenge is exploiting mechanics to survive ~80000 damage Earthquakes.
- Creators reign supreme.
- Blacksmith class line is horribly underpowered and not worth playing
- There is no reason to party because the mobs you actually want to kill to level are usually dead in one or two hits.
- Most of the stuff in the game is either worthless because of how exponential stats work, or later updates made them obsolete and therefore worthless (Hello Hydra carded weaponry, basically any armors at all post-BG).
- Is Terrible

Renewal:
- The way Mother Gravity of the Great South Korean Nation intended RO to be played, all other attempts at RO are dangerously custom and are outright forgeries of the authentic Ragnarok Online experience.
- EXP penalties on nearly every monster, in the sense that 95% of monsters in the game are not in your level range.
- Most monsters you actually want to farm are things you kill in one-shot: powerful mobs rarely have what you really want.
- MVPs are hilariously dumb and can still kill you but basically anybody can solo them.
- Genetics still reign supreme, but every class has their own stupidly broken gimmick to use now. It's Marvel vs. Capcom up in here.
- Blacksmith class line is horribly underpowered and not worth playing
- There is no reason to party because the mobs you actually want to kill to level are dead in one hit and/or you're doing an EXP quest.
- Most of the stuff in the game is either worthless due to renewal changes, or not changed at all from pre-renewal (and consequently still worthless. I'm looking at you Ambernite Card).
- Is Terrible

Just finished Strider. A very fun and entertaining game, get's very repetive though and the end was shit. Well worth the 0$ I payed for it (thanks, GMG credits).

Sounds like you at least saw some of the complaints I levy against it. :)

How cheap?

Did I miss a State of Decay sale?

It was like $5 sometime in the last two weeks while Humble Store had it's big sale.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
corrosivefrost is SteamGaf's candyman

you say Strider 3 times in the mirror and he appears

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom