• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

_hekk05

Banned
Okay, time for a deep breath.

I'm once again trying to make my Dual Shock 4 work with my PC. This is what I have done:

The thing is, that my controller don't even turn on (the lightbar at least) while it's plugged in with a USB cable.

Somebody gotta help me out - what am I doing wrong? :(

Here's exactly what I did:

1. Downloaded DS4Tool 1.2.2.zip from here

2. Ran ScpDriver.exe in the virtual bus driver

3. Ran ScpServer.exe in main folder, connect DS4.

Maybe try unconnecting the DS4 before you install the drivers?

Also did you run Scpdriver.exe with admin privileges?

Also try force install

nexen

Oh shit, Universe at War was removed from Steam.

That was one of my favorite RTS games. Was just waiting for a damned sale :\

r3n4ud

Banner_crossing_bridge.jpg

Where is My Heart? is coming out May 29th on Steam PC and Mac

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfLLuyozDI4

my favorite PSP mini by far, bout time

yissss

Getting a Fez vibe after watching the trailer. Looks real good.

Salsa

now we only need Monsters (probably) Stole my Princess for the good-PSP-games-deserve-a-better-home movement to be complete

1477666-mpsmp_xbox_boxart.jpg

Who's That Flying is on Steam so I have hopes

Darkroronoa

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Condemned -- MB-78EA8AE25F0E1320 - Taken by Henry Swanson. 19 entrants total.

t1400785742z1.png

Have fun!

This is condemned criminal origins

Zafir

Seems I somehow bought two of the Larian 6$ bundles so here's another giveaway, lol.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Age of Wonders Shadow Magic -- MB-752985A46A277C91 - Taken by Yakkue. 2 entrants total.
Divinity II The Developer's Cut -- MB-0E7CF7C61E64048C - Taken by topyy. 7 entrants total.
Age of Wonders -- MB-ED755B37D7392380 - Taken by Ingueferroque. 1 entrants total.
Beyond Divinity -- MB-588F38072A7D854D - Taken by Santiako. 2 entrants total.
Divine Divinity -- MB-32BB461E2E44FAA5 - Taken by Blue Ninja. 1 entrants total.
Age of Wonders 2 -- MB-34838E319F45374E - Taken by EmergentFocus. 7 entrants total.

t1400785797z1.png

Enjoy.

Banner_crossing_bridge.jpg

Where is My Heart? is coming out May 29th on Steam PC and Mac

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfLLuyozDI4

my favorite PSP mini by far, bout time

yissss

Velocity was a better mini. :p
But this game was one of the higher rated minis I've come across. I played a level or two, but it didn't really grab me.

Okay, time for a deep breath.

I'm once again trying to make my Dual Shock 4 work with my PC. This is what I have done:

- Downloaded and installed the official Xbox 360 controller drivers for 64-bit (Windows 7).
- Plugged in both my Dual Shock 4 with USB and my bluetooth dongle.
- Downloaded the latest XInput Wrapper drivers.
- I have unpacked the file and ran the ScpDriver.exe from the ScpServer\bin folder.
- Clicked the install button.

It shows me this message:

Q1FJ46n.png

The thing is, that my controller don't even turn on (the lightbar at least) while it's plugged in with a USB cable.

Somebody gotta help me out - what am I doing wrong? :(

Do you have the SCP Server running?
If so, can you post a screenshot of that?

That will tell me if your BT dongle is set up properly after that install.

Oh shit, Universe at War was removed from Steam.

That was one of my favorite RTS games. Was just waiting for a damned sale :\

You can get it from GS still, $20.
I bought a key from there and it worked out fine... just don't buy Stormrise.

Also try force install

-_-; I still do not like DS4tool. That new one based off it might be better, but DS4 tool had way too many incidents of dropped inputs where my sticks would just go dead and I couldn't move in game for 5 seconds or so. It was really fucking annoying and what prompted me to say "screw it, I'll see if I can get my DS3 to work with PC". That's when I found out that I could use my DS4 with it as well... it starts as a system service too, which I like since I use it so much.

_hekk05

Banned
-_-; I still do not like DS4tool. That new one based off it might be better, but DS4 tool had way too many incidents of dropped inputs where my sticks would just go dead and I couldn't move in game for 5 seconds or so. It was really fucking annoying and what prompted me to say "screw it, I'll see if I can get my DS3 to work with PC". That's when I found out that I could use my DS4 with it as well... it starts as a system service too, which I like since I use it so much.

I haven't gotten dropped inputs from what I've played so far (guacamelee, dolphin), so maybe they've fixed it since.

KingKong

Maybe dumb question, but if I'm in a foreign country, will I have any consequences if I sell/buy stuff on the steam market? I have a few bucks of steam credit but I dont want to get my account locked

Pachimari

Also try force install

I just ran it in administrator and tried force install. And it still doesn't want to work.

When I take off the USB cable, and press the PS-button, the lightbar will keep blinking but won't connect.

Shepard

I just ran it in administrator and tried force install. And it still doesn't want to work.

When I take off the USB cable, and press the PS-button, the lightbar will keep blinking but won't connect.

It's ps button+share to pair the device via bluetooth. Also, when windows asks you for a cods, type 0000. Mine worked after I did this.

Eternia

RAGNAROK ONLINE

PLEASE COME PLAY WITH ME

ILL EVEN START A NEW CHARACTER

That aside, anyone has time to grind csgo cheevos with me tomorrow? I can start at around 11pm PST
My friend has been trying to convince me to play RO with him too for a while now. I do kind of miss the style and mechanics of the game (also collecting hats was a dumb kind of fun) but committing time to it again is another thing. :p

Another kicker is I stopped playing as WoE came out so practically everything is new!

_hekk05

Banned

If you want to use bluetooth, you hold the PS button and the share button, and wait for the light to flash. Pressing the PS button will cause it to flash too but its different. Also make sure your com's bluetooth is on.

My DS4 ran fine both connected and bluetooth (win 8)

My friend has been trying to convince me to play RO with him too for a while now. I do kind of miss the style and mechanics of the game (also collecting hats was a dumb kind of fun) but committing time to it again is another thing. :p

Another kicker is I stopped playing as WoE came out so practically everything is new!

Good thing about renewal is that levelling quests make the grind nonexistant, at least until lvl 7x, which is when partying up is good imo.

Pachimari

Velocity was a better mini. :p
But this game was one of the higher rated minis I've come across. I played a level or two, but it didn't really grab me.

Do you have the SCP Server running?
If so, can you post a screenshot of that?

That will tell me if your BT dongle is set up properly after that install.

You can get it from GS still, $20.
I bought a key from there and it worked out fine... just don't buy Stormrise.

Is it this one?

It's ps button+share to pair the device via bluetooth. Also, when windows asks you for a cods, type 0000. Mine worked after I did this.
It is blinking but still don't seem to want to connect, when I hold down the 2 buttons.

Miker

Amazon sale

edit: link

$9.49 for AvP, Binary Domain, Condemned, Typing of the Dead, Space Marine

That's a hell of a deal. Binary Domain is hugely enjoyable if you like cheesy B-movies/games, and Space Marine is one of the crunchiest games ever released. I haven't played Condemned or Typing of the Dead myself, but I know they're both highly recommended as well.

Shepard

It is blinking but still don't seem to want to connect, when I hold down the 2 buttons.

Sure yours isnt a faulty device? The light bulb should blink (faster than just with the PS button) after holding share+PS for 3 or 4 secs. That means the controller is ready to pair with another device via bluethooth.

Shoot, i might just do that. What site do you guys use for trades?

I pestered DrDogg about this cryptic situation the other day so its my turn to share knowledge!

http://www.steamtrades.com/forum

Just see if anyone is offering the keys you want, then leave a message on the forum and they'll add you.

Fake edit: You need to sign in with steam, that way they can add you and you can see their profile and make sure they are real.

I pestered DrDogg about this cryptic situation the other day so its my turn to share knowledge!

http://www.steamtrades.com/forum

Just see if anyone is offering the keys you want, then leave a message on the forum and they'll add you.

Fake edit: You need to sign in with steam, that way they can add you and you can see their profile and make sure they are real.

ok, ill check it out and get down to the bottom of this trade stuff. thanks!

Pachimari

Sure yours isnt a faulty device? The light bulb should blink (faster than just with the PS button) after holding share+PS for 3 or 4 secs. That means the controller is ready to pair with another device via bluethooth.

It's not faulty. Works perfectly with my PS4. :)
It does blink faster than before.

Get direct connection running first. If bluetooth still doesn't work, then your dongle isn't supported or something.

I recommend you uninstall all drivers, then reinstall only the scpdriver stuff. Without the DS4 already connected
I really hope it's supported, how can I know?

I bought this bluetooth just for Dual Shock. =/

Uzzy

Turns out that Don Bradman's Cricket is actually enjoyable. Huh. Just a shame that I'm closer to Chris Martin than the Don in terms of batting prowess.

_hekk05

Banned
It's not faulty. Works perfectly with my PS4. :)
It does blink faster than before.

I really hope it's supported, how can I know?

I bought this bluetooth just for Dual Shock. =/

Like I said, get it running with the cable connected first. If it can't connect to bluetooth after that, chances are your dongle isn't compatible.

This is what mine says when I start

Code:
Starting...
Searching for controllers....
No controllers found

Also are you using DSTool 1.2.2 or an earlier ver

Pachimari

Like I said, get it running with the cable connected first. If it can't connect to bluetooth after that, chances are your dongle isn't compatible.

This is what mine says when I start

Code:
Starting...
Searching for controllers....
No controllers found

Also are you using DSTool 1.2.2 or an earlier ver

I'm not using DSTool (though I have the 1.2.2 files in a folder). I'm using SCP Server.

_hekk05

Banned
I'm not using DSTool (though I have the 1.2.2 files in a folder). I'm using SCP Server.

That's the same thing lol

This should be in your folder:
Code:
virtual bus driver
hidlibrary.dll
readme.txt
scpcontrol.dll
scpcontrol.xml
scpserver.exe

Also mine has a different UI than yours, which is why I'm questioning if you have the right version

Thank you to Zafir for Age of Wonders 2! :)

To give something back...

ModBot said:
Instructions for EmergentFocus:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Reus -- MB-E0A864FDB14A1860 - Taken by PossumMeat. 5 entrants total.

t1400787613z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom