• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eternia

Good thing about renewal is that levelling quests make the grind nonexistant, at least until lvl 7x, which is when partying up is good imo.
That does sound like what I've heard already. But I think the most time consuming things I've done before was just screwing around random areas or grinding for specific items. Oh the hours spent in the coal mines for those skeleton worker cards.

_hekk05

Banned
Hmm, I have a folder named DSTool 1.2.2 (which have a scp server.exe) and a folder named SCP-DS-Driver-Package (which also have a scp server.exe) and which I am using.

You should only have a folder named DSTool 1.2.2, inside theres a folder called virtual bus driver, inside that there's scpdriver.exe. run that.

Then, you run Scpserver.exe in the main folder. That's it. I have no other folders

That does sound like what I've heard already. But I think the most time consuming things I've done before was just screwing around random areas or grinding for specific items. Oh the hours spent in the coal mines for those skeleton worker cards.

You need levels for most of the good cards anyway. I'm still hunting for sohee, phen and marc cards, and obviously I can't get to phreeoni yet

Pachimari

You should only have a folder named DSTool 1.2.2, inside theres a folder called virtual bus driver, inside that there's scpdriver.exe. run that.

Then, you run Scpserver.exe in the main folder. That's it. I have no other folders

You need levels for most of the good cards anyway. I'm still hunting for sohee, phen and marc cards, and obviously I can't get to phreeoni yet

It says no controllers found.

But the SCP Driver only installed a "bus driver" and a "Bus Device".

KainXVIII

Buyed Humble Weekly Bundle for Age of Wonders.
Crashes on start.
Wasted 1$ for good.
Bummed-WWE-Wrestler-Reaction-Gif.gif

Pachimari

Good good. Now its searching for a controller. Try disconnecting it from your PS4, then connect it to your com with a microusb cable

I only installed the scpdriver and mine is fine

But my PS4's power cable is already cut off, have been since the beginning. And I have connected it with a micro usb cable and it still says "no controllers found".

Trejik

Sorry for obvious question answered before is pretty obvious, but what's up with Amazon Digital only available to US? I wanted to buy the Sonic Bundle and I can't. Anyway around this or something?

_hekk05

Banned
But my PS4's power cable is already cut off, have been since the beginning. And I have connected it with a micro usb cable and it still says "no controllers found".

The controller might recognise that its currently paired and refuse to connect. I think

Too lazy to modbot a single link, so there's a humble gift link for Incredipede hidden in this post.
https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=3BNGhSp74qwWWmEt
Well, "hidden".

Thanks for that!

def sim

I wish Valve would sell me their controller already.

I borrowed Wolfenstein on console. Fun game, but I wish I was using a m/KB. Leaning by pressing both the left side shoulder button and trigger or running to a slide and shooting are kind of a pain.

Pachimari

I at least logged out the Dual Shock 4 from my PlayStation profile and the PS4 is totally turned off.

Yet my controller still won't connect to my bluetooth. I don't even think I can use it with the micro usb cable.

Parsnip

Sorry for obvious question answered before is pretty obvious, but what's up with Amazon Digital only available to US? I wanted to buy the Sonic Bundle and I can't. Anyway around this or something?
Yes. Just add a second address (I used Google New York address) and use that for the digital purchase. Just remember to use your real address again when you actually need something shipped to you. :p

Thanks for that!
You're welcome.

Salsa

I wish Valve would sell me their controller already.

I borrowed Wolfenstein on console. Fun game, but I wish I was using a m/KB. Leaning by pressing both the left side shoulder button and trigger or running to a slide and shooting are kind of a pain.

but you can totes lean with your actual body cause ps4camera bro #nextgen

_hekk05

Banned
I at least logged out the Dual Shock 4 from my PlayStation profile and the PS4 is totally turned off.

Yet my controller still won't connect to my bluetooth. I don't even think I can use it with the micro usb cable.

Always get direct connection working first before bluetooth. Maybe you should try DSwindows

Grief.exe

Fucking Steam shill.

Yes you can.

Nabs

Hey Madridista, I'd try to help, but honestly I would probably just help confuse you even more. When I got my DS4, I had a hell of a time getting it to work because my USB cable was straight up broken. The thing wouldn't charge or anything while plugged in, so installing SCP was a waste of time and actually made things harder since it overwrote my Bluetooth drivers.

Pachimari

Fucking Steam shill.

Yes you can.

But I wonder what I'm doing wrong, because it still says "no controllers found", even when I have it connected with the micro usb cable.

Hey Madridista, I'd try to help, but honestly I would probably just help confuse you even more. When I got my DS4, I had a hell of a time getting it to work because my USB cable was straight up broken. The thing wouldn't charge or anything while plugged in, so installing SCP was a waste of time and actually made things harder since it overwrote my Bluetooth drivers.
I wonder if I have screwed up the drivers somewhere as well?

_hekk05

Banned
But I wonder what I'm doing wrong, because it still says "no controllers found", even when I have it connected with the micro usb cable.

Uninstall the drivers you've installed

Go and redownload DS4tool 1.2.2.zip here. Its the last link

Run Scpdriver.exe in DS4Tool 1.2.2/virtual bus driver

Run ScpServer.exe

Connect DS4

Profit

It literally was just that for me.

Also take note of what you could have been doing wrong here

You must have
1. Microsoft .NET 4.0
2. Visual C 2010/2012 Runtime.
3. Latest DirectX Runtime.
4. Latest Official Microsoft Xbox 360 Controller Drivers available.
5. Minimum of Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR Dongle (if using Bluetooth).
6. Administrator rights on your PC.
7. Make sure you quit all other apps/games that can use the controller
(Steam/Uplay/TeamSpeak, etc) if you are using Hide DS4 controller option
8. Having MotionJoy drivers installed seem to cause issues for some people
9. This tool can't run at the same time as DS3 SCP server gui or service at this moment
10. Bluetooth Drivers from Microsoft or other driver that use Microsoft Bluetooth Stack

Pachimari

Uninstall the drivers you've installed

Go and redownload DS4tool 1.2.2.zip here. Its the last link

Run Scpdriver.exe in DS4Tool 1.2.2/virtual bus driver

Run ScpServer.exe

Connect DS4

Profit

It literally was just that for me.

Also take note of what you could have been doing wrong here

I just did this, and the same result, "no controllers found". =/

I did that, yes.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
So I played more of Always Sometimes Monsters. I moved 101 boxes into the back of a truck, one at a time. This game is amazing.

Really though, I'm becoming more attached to the characters as the game progresses, even the ones that are assholes. It's going to be interesting when I do a "renegade" run of the game.

Durante

Everybody should get that Triumph and Larian bundle. Two of my favourite developers, and a set of great games (particularly for $15).

alstein

Everybody should get that Triumph and Larian bundle. Two of my favourite developers, and a set of great games (particularly for $15).

The original AOW is a great singleplayer campaign. Are the Divinity games any good?

And the Triumph devs are great guys- can vouch for that. Age of Wonders 3 is great and really improving with patches as well. I'm now preferring the game over LH.

Sini

Amazon has few really awesome sales going on right now. I just bought every single Sam & Max game from there for only 10,25 euros.
In comparison lowest a single season on has gone on Steam is 10 euros.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Amazon has few really awesome sales going on right now. I just bought every single Sam & Max game from there for only 10,25 euros.
In comparison lowest a single episode on has gone on Steam is 10 euros.

you mean a single season

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I'm playing Shadow Warrior and I'm like "yeah, I searched every inch and did everything and blew everything up, cut everything up, definitely found everything. I'm a total genius" then it's like "secrets found: 3/7"

i3RxabS1HkhfY.gif

And don't skip Dragon Commander!

The RTS sections can be tedious, but the characters and dialogue completely make up for it, especially if you enjoy Blackadder.

Edmund the lizardman was hilarious.

Shadow Warrior is about ten thousand times better than Hard Reset.

I had no expectations for Hard Reset, so was really surprised about how fun it was to play. Certainly interested in Shadow Warrior now. I'm trying to find the OST for Hard Reset, but I think that's going to be a tough task.

Caerith

In comparison lowest a single episode on has gone on Steam is 10 euros.

I bought the first two seasons back in 2010 for $15 combined, but that's still a good deal for the best games Telltale has ever made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom